2011.07.02 Sidebar Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think the Defense will use a photo during summation?

And it begins-have ya'll seen this?:eek:
Casey Anthony's Aunt Speaks, Exclusive--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Tommy Garrett on Jul 2, 2011 - 11:59:59 PM
snip-

Pam Plesea is the ex-wife of Cynthia Anthony’s brother Rick. Though estranged from her ex-husband and ex-sister-in-law, she spoke with me after refusing to sell her story to Globe and National Enquirer magazines.
The prosecution in their rebuttal case on Friday subpoenaed Anthony’s nursing supervisor and the IT guy from the company where she worked, Gentiva Health. Both witnesses testified that Cindy was at work, and the IT witness went as far as proving it by the use of Anthony’s password, and the nursing supervisor showed documentation to the court that Anthony was entering patient information in the company computer at the hospital where she worked. This was while the searches were being done at her home.

“None of this surprised me,” said Anthony’s ex-sister-in-law Pam Plesea. “When my son was 4 years old and we threw him a birthday party, Casey was just days or weeks old. Cindy showed up at my home and put the infant Casey up in my face and said, 'What a shame you will never know how it feels to have your own child.' I was mortified. My son was adopted, but he is my child and she then said, 'Oh, I meant that you never will have a girl, and it’s the best thing for a mother. She’s my life now.' Well, 25 years later, I see she is willing to possibly perjure herself for her daughter.”
More on Pam Plesea’s exclusive interview and Kathleen McKenna’s coming soon.

http://www.canyon-news.com/artman2/...ng_The_Case_On_Casey_Anthony_Murder_Trial.php

At least that backs up Lee's story about what happened.

“She told me that Cindy and George are not being totally honest about that night. Lee was there, Cindy confronted Casey on June 15 and they ended up in an altercation and Cindy choked Casey, Lee pulled them apart, and Cindy called Shirley to tell her that Casey would never steal again and that she had choked her. Then Cindy called her mother Shirley the next morning and told her that Casey had taken Caylee and the car before anyone woke up and was gone. That’s still very horrifying to Shirley. She’s very aged now and the little girl’s death weighs heavily on her mind.”

BBM - I'm off to go look at the cell phone pings for June 16th 2008. :rocker:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9H0P7K9EfI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9H0P7K9EfI&feature=related[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JmxaWlyr90&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JmxaWlyr90&feature=related[/ame]

Hmm was Ms Cleo the psychic? :)

Isn't there a juror with a planned July 4th vacation?

IIRC, that juror has a vacation in London planned July 7th (but I'm not sure).

I have jury duty July 18th. We booked a trip to Scotland in early August, hope I can get out of it!

Hope the juror gets to go on her vacation!

The thing that keeps coming up is WHY. I believe (and others have posted that they believe this also) that it is because Caylee was reaching the age of talking well and that she was or would soon be able to tell on Casey.

Caylee was approaching the age of being able to tell:
1. There was no nanny;
2. Her mother was drugging her while she partied the night away;
3. She was being mistreated in other ways

Casey was NOT going to be told on by her daughter (and by consequence not be allowed to continue her manner of life) and therefore it was ESSENTIAL that she kill her. Premeditated with aggravating circumstances (child abuse; lying to authorities) - 1st degree - life without the possibility of parole.

Why not just leave Caylee to Cindy and go her way? Isn't it a lot easier than killing her?

So on Sunday July 3 JA, LDB and FG will speak for 4 hours, or will only one of them speak? After that JB, CM DS will speak, or (hopefully) only one of them will speak for 4 hours? Oh God, the thought of listening to any of those three speak for 4 hours is horrible. Does the DT have to speak for the whole 4 hours? When this part is over then JP speaks, if so for how long? When the jury comes back with a verdict does JP sentence KC right then?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtpmSllg4M4&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtpmSllg4M4&feature=related[/ame]

A couple of pictures of ICA and Caylee I haven't seen before.

I have never seen that happen. The lawyers may hang out for a while just in case it is a quick verdict but Casey will go back to her holding cell.

Once the jurors leave at the end of the day she will go back to Orange County Jail.

There is usually an agreement about a time frame for the lawyers, the press, transporting Casey back to the Court House should she be at Orange County Jail, and everyone to have time to get back to the court house if they have left.

The judge will remain in the bldg while the jurors are deliberating.

The jurors are going to be totally isolated from one another according to judge Perry once they are out of the jury room. No side discussions of the case once they receive the case. So that means they will probably go straight to their rooms at night and have room service. I would imagine more Court Officers will be assigned to the hotel to insure they are not meeting and talking.

I have seen in other cases that a one hour notice is given for everyone to have time to get back to the court house. But one hour is not really realistic to be honest it will take a little longer for everyone to get in place, it will seem like 8 hours to us.

Edited to add: During the jury deliberations generally the lawyers will stay close in case the jury has questions. Because the judge will need them to hear the question. So I think you will see they will hang out close at least during court hours. If the jury has a question everyone will gather the jury will be brought into the court room if they need special instructions, the lawyers and the defendant and the question will be asked on the record and the judge will rule on the questions saying it can be answered or it won't be depending on the law.
Sorry if this is a stupid question: But since Monday is 4th of July and a federal holiday , if the jury gets the case for deliberation tomorrow afternoon, and reaches a verdict Monday, do they just have to sit on it until Tuesday? :waitasec:

Anyone think the Defense will use a photo during summation?

Yes, I think Baez will step right in "it" by extolling KC's virtues as a mother via Caylee's beautiful pictures. It's just going to make the jurors all the more incensed that she killed that beautiful child in petty spite. jmo

Unfortunately, we will never know some things, the 'fight' included. Too many layers of lies. Too many confused loyalties.

I strongly voiced the opinion that the fight never happened because I felt Cindy Anthony was being 100% truthful on the stand. Well, she cured me of that fantasy last week. Outside of the 911 call, there is no way of knowing which of her words are lies. Just have to go with gut feelings.

I now believe, 100%, that the fight DID happen & she lied under oath because she knew it spoke to motive, with the motive being revenge & spite.

Aside from the cold blooded defendant herself, Cindy Anthony has shown herself, to me, to be one of the strangest, sickest, sociopathic personalities I've ever observed in a court case. (which is a complete 180 from where I always was concerning her).

Add to Lee's assertion of an argument, didnt a neighbor hear two women arguing/raising voices/ etc?

The other way I have leaned at times is the thought that possibly it was something as simple as ICA left Caylee in a hot car somewhere too long and no passersby noticed her (hot car - Florida in June?) And ICA didnt want Cindy's wrath, hence the kidnappers. IDK.

My other angle is ICA rage/revnege at Cindy, but then I have to go to cause of death.... possibly suffocation? (much "easier" [-terrible word to use there] than making and using chloroform.)

unless... was little Caylee's neck, her remains *sob*

Could they tell... or rule out... choking?

tia

Did that Catholic juror who couldn't miss Mass get on the jury or was she rejected? Sunday will be a busy day.

She would have been excused from Mass if serving on a jury. It was probably just her personal choice.

I thought that until we found out that Cindy did NO searches for chlorophyll...and the ONLY searches for bamboo that were done was for bamboo items not toxins. Now I believe Cindy lied about the yorkie being sluggish.

I could go either way. The addition of CA's story about a previous problem with a cocker spaniel added credibility imo. Then to find out later that the two cocker spaniels died six months apart made me suspicious considering she said they were mother and child.

I'm still vague on info being tossed out about those searches from various talking heads. From what I've gathered of the info no searches were done in the deleted files. Then there's the fact that other searches may have been overridden by newer searches, etc. The evidence shows CA didn't do those chloroform ones that the SA was interested in for March 17th and 21st. but I'm not so sure she never did any of the searches at any time.

I woke up thinking about what else CA has been lying about. I got suckered into to the whole 'grieving grandmother wailing on the stand' thing and now I'm having doubts. Some of Lee's views of what happened and what didn't happened has been contradicted by Cindy's statements and after getting busted yesterday telling lies to LE to cover for ICA...well, the MAIN story I'm thinking about is the one where Cindy denies that there was an argument with ICA on the evening of the 15th. Lee told LE their was an argument. I'm not so sure anymore that CA and ICA spent a quiet evening watching video's and looking at pictures of CA's visit to Mount Dora on the computer.

I never believed that story. I've wondered about that argument also. I wonder how LA knew about it. I wonder if he was there.

I have been trying to find the Lee call or visit where he says something about is this like last time, I have listened to a lot of stuff. Interestingly Lee's police interview (youtube) was informative to listen to again. I forgot KC did not go to mom's birthday party on June 5, 2008 and that was the last time Lee saw Caylee. He was trying to be very helpful. As far as the is this like last time, I have not found it, but I did not recall it being a jail visit. I thought it was something he reported to some legal figure, LE or attorneys. Still no luck. On his depo about ZFG, I have never listened to that so I know it is not there.

Anyone find the "is this like last time" thing yet?

I have been looking too. FWIW I could SWEAR that during the PT CIC .. a video was played for the jury where he said that. I could definitely be wrong, but when this was brought up on the yesterday's Side Bar thread.. I remembered hearing it on one of the video's during the trial. I questioned myself about it as I heard LA say it... and then dismissed it as I continued to watch the proceedings. I didn't mark down which videos they played, unfortunately. Maybe it was a video that we've all seen before but redacted somehow?

I have never seen that happen. The lawyers may hang out for a while just in case it is a quick verdict but Casey will go back to her holding cell.

Once the jurors leave at the end of the day she will go back to Orange County Jail.

There is usually an agreement about a time frame for the lawyers, the press, transporting Casey back to the Court House should she be at Orange County Jail, and everyone to have time to get back to the court house if they have left.

The judge will remain in the bldg while the jurors are deliberating.

The jurors are going to be totally isolated from one another according to judge Perry once they are out of the jury room. No side discussions of the case once they receive the case. So that means they will probably go straight to their rooms at night and have room service. I would imagine more Court Officers will be assigned to the hotel to insure they are not meeting and talking.

I have seen in other cases that a one hour notice is given for everyone to have time to get back to the court house. But one hour is not really realistic to be honest it will take a little longer for everyone to get in place, it will seem like 8 hours to us.

Edited to add: During the jury deliberations generally the lawyers will stay close in case the jury has questions. Because the judge will need them to hear the question. So I think you will see they will hang out close at least during court hours. If the jury has a question everyone will gather the jury will be brought into the court room if they need special instructions, the lawyers and the defendant and the question will be asked on the record and the judge will rule on the questions saying it can be answered or it won't be depending on the law.

Are you saying jurors won't deliberate together at all and will each come to an independent verdict? If so, I feel a hung jury coming on for sure.

Unfortunately, we will never know some things, the 'fight' included. Too many layers of lies. Too many confused loyalties.

I strongly voiced the opinion that the fight never happened because I felt Cindy Anthony was being 100% truthful on the stand. Well, she cured me of that fantasy last week. Outside of the 911 call, there is no way of knowing which of her words are lies. Just have to go with gut feelings.

I now believe, 100%, that the fight DID happen & she lied under oath because she knew it spoke to motive, with the motive being revenge & spite.

Aside from the cold blooded defendant herself, Cindy Anthony has shown herself, to me, to be one of the strangest, sickest, sociopathic personalities I've ever observed in a court case. (which is a complete 180 from where I always was concerning her).

BBM

ITA, and given that KC mirrors what she sees, as is a hallmark of a Sociopath, Caylee died shortly after the fight, of Cindy choking KC. The fight was over money stolen from her grandmother, which Cindy discussed on Father's Day with her mother, and taking Caylee away from KC. CA's assertion on the stand, of what a special moment they had that night is BS!

So GA was lying about seeing ICA & Caylee leave at 1pm on June 16th?

Add to Lee's assertion of an argument, didnt a neighbor hear two women arguing/raising voices/ etc?

The other way I have leaned at times is the thought that possibly it was something as simple as ICA left Caylee in a hot car somewhere too long and no passersby noticed her (hot car - Florida in June?) And ICA didnt want Cindy's wrath, hence the kidnappers. IDK.

My other angle is ICA rage/revnege at Cindy, but then I have to go to cause of death.... possibly suffocation? (much "easier" pterrible word to use there]
than making and using chloroform.)

unless... was little Caylee's neck, her remains *sob*

Could they tell... or rule out... choking?

tia

To my knowledge the only assertion of a fight was from Lee who got his info from Casey. There were reports of arguments between CA and ICA in the past but not that specific day. Her cell phone shows her on the phone with TL for hours and he said her demeanor was fine, not that that means a lot.
The timeline clearly shows Casey had plans with TL, no babysitter and a story to both parents that she and Caylee would spend the night with Zanny. What was she thinking? We know from video where she was and who she was with at 7:30 pm. TL said they were in bed till 1:30 or 2:00 pm next day. Where was Caylee? That's all I need to know.

Lying on the stand in a sworn testimony flies in the face of many parents who have done the right thing and told the truth, held their own children accountable for their actions, no matter the consequence. IMO

ETA: Sorry, wrong thread, will move to the appropriate one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
issy565