2011.07.03 Sidebar Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My question about the 4 friends going to McDonalds in the car and not smelling anything.....were they smoking reefer? Had they been?

It was determined during testimony that they were in the car on 6/4.
JB trying to confuse the jury.

Can someone explain to me the appeal of JVM's delivery? I feel like she is yelling at me whilest wearing a neck cast. Why is this woman a TH? What's her background?

No JVM is not an attorney. She is a TV anchor out of LA. She is a recovering alcoholic and talked about it in a book she wrote.

I am so appreciative that JA did NOT use KC's hatred for CA as fuel for the hate..instead used Caylee's ability to "Tell on Mommy" to expose her lies for the previous 2 and half years...those only years as it turned out of Caylee's life!!! :-(

Secondly I am also appreciate that HLN doesnt keep cutting in on this for the Commercials..IF they did..I would have noted each and every advertiser and Never Ever purchase any of their products or services!!!

Looking forward to LDB to bring this all home for Caylee!!.Not so sure I can trust myself to post during JB/CM's closings:innocent::truce::rocker:

enough JVM....switching back to wftv. I appreciate their live coverage for us locals. Have always trusted their news along with wesh

Who is Juror #5? Is it the young guy? Casey's age?

One of the tweets I read said #5 had head down and not looking. They said maybe the juror was uncomfortable looking in the eyes of JA not that she was asleep. #5 is the retired lady with long grey hair ( some described her as an old hippie type).

For all the technical expertise that Jeff Ashton has I am amazed at how simple his arguments were. Logical and simple. I guess any old fool can take something and complicate it but it takes a real genius to simplify things.

I hope juror #5 was just distracted by JA's water bottle, and wanted to listen without the distraction. Did she look at JB?

IMO people need to stop worrying about what the Pro-Defense Talking Heads on HLN say, I honestly don't know how people can even watch them or listen to them. It's been reported by others on twitter that ALL the jurors were very focused during JA's argument and even during JB's. We are still early in the day and they all know this is all very important. They are not sleeping, closing their eyes, etc. All eyes are on them now (there are no witnesses to distract from the jury). And they are sitting in a seat with nothing else to do, it's very common to cross your arms. LDB constantly has her arms crossed when she's sitting and listening.

JVM drives me crazy! Is she an attorney? /she just makes excuses for JB and the defense!

I heard her say yesterday..she was not an atty.
She makes my head hurt, between the loud, honking way of speaking and her versions of things...ugh ugh ugh

I know there's a lot of tweets about what the jury is doing. You can't believe everyone of them. You should just pick someone in the court house and that you trust and watch what they tweet. I don't believe all of them. Besides by the time it gets to different news needs and tv stations it's been changed. So if anyone if worried about what everyone is seeing you just need to remember that you shouldn't believe everything you hear. I listen to WFTV Kathy Belich because I live here in Orlando and to me I feel she has always reported fairly. Just my 2 cents.

I have to disagree. WAY too much to lose by letting jurors out there to know what WE KNOW.....They would vote DP for sure, I'll bet. Way too risky for appeals purposes.

But as an aside, I'll bet ANYTHING that JB's Patriotic ensemble is to remind jurors that if they quickly acquit, they could go home in time for 4th of July......

Anyone wanna bet that's JB's motive?

Judge Perry has already hinted that he may allow them to go, I can't remember his exact words, but they were something to the effect of "briefly allow them to return to their families".

Because of the fact that Judge Perry rules on the final say of Casey's punishment, sequestration isn't jeopardizing anything at all in this case and would not be applicable for appeal. The Jury only "recommends" a sentence, but they do not have the final say.

Surely even Baez is smart enough not to "go there" with an attempt.

I'd like to live on court time when I work. 90 minutes is typical lunch 60 minutes is a quick lunch. Nice work if you can get it.

I have always believed that the duct tape was the murder weapon not the chloroform. Chloroform is questionable and could possibly cause death, but 3 pieces of large duct tape sealed premedication for me. That was my biggest focus throughout the last few days of this trial, but I became 100% convinced duct tape is the primary murder weapon.

I am so appreciative that JA did NOT use KC's hatred for CA as fuel for the hate..instead used Caylee's ability to "Tell on Mommy" to expose her lies for the last 2 and half years...

Secondly I am also appreciate that HLN doesnt keep cutting in on this for the Commercials..IF they did..I would have noted each and every advertiser and Never Ever purchase any of their products or services!!!

Looking forward to LDB to bring this all home for Caylee!!.Not so sure I can trust myself to post during JB/CM's closings:innocent::truce::rocker:

And we had a huge thread on that very subject here. I never visited it much because I really didn't think it had much to do with the case. Wrong was I!

Who is Juror #5? Is it the young guy? Casey's age?
# 5 Juror Recap #1429: Female, white, 50s-60s, retired.

Pretrial Publicityy: *Remembers hearing when Casey got arrested, that a child was missing, and when they found her body. *Source of that information was newspaper and television. *Doesn't like and doesn't watch Nancy Grace or Geraldo Rivera. *Has never watched 48 Hours. *Hasn't talked to anyone about the case. *Believes she can be unbiased about the case and wait until she has all the facts. *Says "I don't judge people." *Has a subscription to St. Petersburg Times (reads it every day) and watches local news 9. *Doesn't have a computer.

Death Penalty Stance: For it. *Says "I guess I believe in the death penalty." *Hasn't really thought about circumstances the DP should apply to and shouldn't apply to. *No preconceived ideas regarding when to use DP. *No religious/personal beliefs. *Says "I'm not all that religious". *Would not try to sway another juror if their opinion was different.

Misc.: *Retired. *Has worked for a catering company, filled vending machines, worked as a supply clerk in the hospital and an environmental service person at hospital, Nurse's Aide. *Likes to garden, read, walk her dog, etc. *Describes herself as a homebody. Not a social butterfly. *Originally from PA. *Completed 11 grades of school. *Arrested for DUI in 1998 but not charged. *Served on a jury in a criminal case 2.5 years ago.

Family: *Divorced (14 years). *Lives with her boyfriend of 12 years. *Boyfriend is retired also (used to own a plumbing business). *Has 3 children (ages 52, 49 and 48). *Son has been on probation for cashing a bad check. *Grandson has been arrested for selling drugs (received jail time).

State: No challenges/objections.
Defense: No challenges/objections.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mgKqMwusbjYrwYzM7s3M7n7LSN4xdLrEfkbwZHbiU88/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

Sorry to be late......but why now is CA hiding from the camera...she was in front of it for 3 years.......oh wait could it be because the State proved her untruthful?

Oh, didn't you hear?

Her attorney, Lippman, cleared all that up yesterday.

He said CA DID look up chloroform don'cha know. All of the computer experts were wrong. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991