2011.07.03 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KC just found someone whose goals coincided with hers at the opportune time. Jb was looking for a case to make his name, and she was looking for an out. Doesn't mean anything other than two opportunists got together. jmo

From Scott v. State June 30, 2011

Quote:
I agree with the majority's decision to affirm Scott's conviction for first-degree murder. However, unlike the majority, I would also affirm Scott's death sentence because it is proportionate when compared to other death penalty cases.
In this case, the trial court found two aggravators beyond a reasonable doubt and gave them both great weight: (1) prior violent felony; and (2) commission during attempted armed robbery. Both aggravators resulted from determinations of guilt in this case. The trial court also found no statutory mitigators and nine nonstatutory mitigators of only slight and little weight: (1) religious faith; (2) love for family and friends; (3) no father in his life; (4) respectful to family; (5) loved by family; (6) good surrogate father; (7) ability to be a good father figure from prison; (8) overheard domestic abuse as a child; and (9) stopped a man from stealing. There is no evidence of mental health issues or substance addiction.

http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.asp...0215.xml&docbase=CSLWAR3-2007-CURR&SizeDisp=7

Well, that doesn't bode too well for the KC. mo

Something of interest I just saw while rewatching JA's closing arguments....

First off let me say, there have been MANY times throughout this trial where KC would mouth or say quietly things to herself (or maybe her DT) or just making different comments when a witness was up on stand. I have always thought she did this for the jury, hoping they would/could read her lips and then they would kind of have her comments or the way she felt about certain testimonies and/or evidence without her actually having to take the stand.

Anyways, as I was watching the replay they are doing on Fox News....Ashton was talking about how she lied to her parents for 2 years claiming she was really working when in actuality she was with Caylee...and then JA says "and what kind of life was that?" (or something similar to that)

And I 100% saw her mouth "(it's?) the life I wanted"

I think she definitely wanted the jury to see her say that to maybe sort of make the "accident" seem more plausible...

She's been looking for any chance she can get to influence the jury in this way. The wheels are constantly turning in her mind. JMO.

Anyone think LDB finishing up tomorrow right before jury instructions and deliberations is a huge break and good for the state?

Oh yes I do. They wont be tired, hungry, or cranky. It will give the state time to review the filibuster and adjust their rebuttal. It will be fresh in the jury's mind when they deliberate.

Loving the JVM rerun...glad someone told me to watch MN on this.

Really have a lot of respect for MN. He left the A’s and I know we will never hear why but that was the point where I really suspected CA and MN joined forces with Texas Equasearch and I rally think he is a stand up guy. So many of the heads do not know the facts of this case but MN and Bill S strike me as the most sincere about justice for Caylee.

I'm watching the proceedings from today because I was out and I'm just now getting to Baez's part. Could anyone tell me what was being said today about the jurors participation during all of the closings today? Were they taking notes, attentive, more toward one side or the other? Any information would be appreciated! I hate not watching it all live!!!!

THANKS!

you are giving her too much credit, imo.
She can't help herself sometimes and think she is all righteous and "You can't pint that on me".
This girl is not that smart, NTS?
Don't understimate this jury, imo.

Respectfully, I don't understand what you mean by "giving her too much credit"

I was just stating what I saw her mouth, and since I personally DON'T believe that is the life she wanted (since I believe she murdered Caylee) I was just saying I thought she was doing that for the jury.

and what is NTS?

I just came across a picture of Casey, with a guy with his arm around her and kissing her on the cheek. He has the word Kill tattooed on his fingers? just curious.

I'm watching the proceedings from today because I was out and I'm just now getting to Baez's part. Could anyone tell me what was being said today about the jurors participation during all of the closings today? Were they taking notes, attentive, more toward one side or the other? Any information would be appreciated! I hate not watching it all live!!!!

THANKS!

Hi Teacher1...I see this is your first post....
:Welcome1::welcome::greetings:

I remember early tweets saying that they were enthralled with JA ....did not hear much about jurors during the defense

THANKS!

Attentive to both Ashton(enthralled was used a few times during Ashton's) and Baez(not so much to Mason apparently); little to no notes taken. At least from what I've seen on comments from people in the courtroom.

OK, this Wendy woman is talking about Caylee being killed by the mob, I think...something about *advertiser censored* and chloroform and duct tape...

THANKS!

Hi Teacher1, and welcome! I heard that JA kept eye contact, Jose received some crossed arms and no response to his lame jokes. hth

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Yes, first post :) I'm been paying close attention to this case from the very, very start.....and have been to this awesome site during all of testimony! It's been so interesting and informative here :) And thanks to you all for the info about the jurors today!

Yep like in his poster board (high tech) of ICA and her imaginary friends. He tried to use a picture of ICA from 2001 and the state smacked him down. :floorlaugh:

LDB told him to use her picture from the jail where she had a big old smile. LOL

GA and CA said the picture wasfrom 2001,10 years ago!. JB would only concede ICA was 16 or 17. In 2001 she would have been 14 or 15. Why does JB think no one will call him out on this stuff? TG HHJP did not let it in. :maddening:

Yes, first post :) I'm been paying close attention to this case from the very, very start.....and have been to this awesome site during all of testimony! It's been so interesting and informative here :) And thanks to you all for the info about the jurors today!

:welcome4::welcome4::welcome4:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member