2011.07.05 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I did jury duty- 2.5 days of trial and 1 day for deliberations for an armed robbery that we found him guilty and he ended up getting life (but we didn't know that)... when we were in deliberations, EVERYONE had to break together... so we had to accompany the smokers down to the smoking area... a little outdoor courtyard. It stunk... literally (i am not a smoker.) Just a FYI.

So basically putting on a defense that ruins people, even people who are already grieving, is just all in a day's work.

The last time I sat across from someone who believed that, it was a prison interview with a sociopath. I don't think defense lawyers who slime are sociopaths, however, it's getting harder for me to tell them apart.

Very true! I thought we'd got rid of Ol' Sparky, then someone mentioned they'd thought Eileen Wournos had been electrocuted, so I looked it up on the State's DOC website. Turns out Wournos chose lethal injection, but the chair is still an option!

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/

The State of Florida... "Cough, Cough".... Had a little problem.... with Lethal injection once so they keep "sparky" around for a back up....:lol:

This is a weird question, but did Casey have fake nails--like tips etc. on during the 31 days?

she got her nails did, yes. no link because I cant remember where or when I read it but I recall it because it struck me as incredibly narcissistic.

If you believe JC she said juror #4 nodded her head in agreement during a pic showing Caylee climbing the ladder in JB's presentation.

Do we know if juror #4 was an alternate? What about the IT guy? Was he an alternate?

So basically putting on a defense that ruins people, even people who are already grieving, is just all in a day's work.

The last time I sat across from someone who believed that, it was a prison interview with a sociopath. I don't think defense lawyers who slime are sociopaths, however, it's getting harder for me to tell them apart.

OT Your avatar is wigging me out. :crazy:

Holy smokes now when I get a text message my heart palpitates.

finger dude done serving his sentence....he spent his birthday (4th) in jail

At this point i've got to think that at least one of the jurors must be believing one of the lesser charges, right? The 1st 2 charges are 1st degree so if some thought it premeditated and some thought it was a ag child abuse (felony murder) they could theoretically be done by now. I am just so curious I can hardly stand it.

I am almost ashamed to admitt this but this case has become an obsession to me. I have from day one followed this, however since the trial my life is as follows. Watch the entire trial all day, at night go back over what I taped on dvr and analize and look for things I didnt know before, get on websluthes read everything I possibly can about the case, watch JVM, watch Nancy Grace for about 5 minutes is all I can stomach, get back on net read case sidebar transcripts, go to bed wondering and thinking of how it did happen, where, exactly what time, what method and WHY?

I neglect some housework, I run fast erronds to store, I have put off Dr. appointments..
I am ashamed to admitt that I have even faked a massive headache to be able to stay indoors all day long and not have family come over to disturb me during trial.

I will be glad when it is over.. but then I have to adust to things being normal again.
Someone please tell me I am not the only one.
I am under Dr. orders not to work so I am home during the day but I am consumed with the trial.

LOL, you're sooooo not alone. :seeya:

Do we know if juror #4 was an alternate? What about the IT guy? Was he an alternate?

Jurors numbered 1-12 are the jury.All numbers after that are alternates.
First come ,first serve

Totally TMI and OT but what happens if you don't have any money in your jail account? Do they give you $$ for tampons, toothpaste and toothbrush, necessities? Or are you expected to let your teeth rot and bleed everywhere? yuck!!!

I believe you get basic necessities - no tampons but pads.

she got her nails did, yes. no link because I cant remember where or when I read it but I recall it because it struck me as incredibly narcissistic.

Seriously?! Wow! I continue to be shocked, amazed, and dismayed by her behavior and this trial each and every single day!

I am almost ashamed to admitt this but this case has become an obsession to me. I have from day one followed this, however since the trial my life is as follows. Watch the entire trial all day, at night go back over what I taped on dvr and analize and look for things I didnt know before, get on websluthes read everything I possibly can about the case, watch JVM, watch Nancy Grace for about 5 minutes is all I can stomach, get back on net read case sidebar transcripts, go to bed wondering and thinking of how it did happen, where, exactly what time, what method and WHY?

I neglect some housework, I run fast erronds to store, I have put off Dr. appointments..
I am ashamed to admitt that I have even faked a massive headache to be able to stay indoors all day long and not have family come over to disturb me during trial.

I will be glad when it is over.. but then I have to adust to things being normal again.
Someone please tell me I am not the only one.
I am under Dr. orders not to work so I am home during the day but I am consumed with the trial.

Sad to say, you are not alone. I am in the same boat, even to the point of faking a migraine. I make only quick necessary trips to the store...or ask my hubby to pick something up on his way home. Oh my....I admit it, I am obsessed! I'm going to need help getting back to the real world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo