2011.07.05 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf_DcbRx1FY"]Baez shoots finger guns at camera[/ame]

Very true! I thought we'd got rid of Ol' Sparky, then someone mentioned they'd thought Eileen Wournos had been electrocuted, so I looked it up on the State's DOC website. Turns out Wournos chose lethal injection, but the chair is still an option!

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/

Yup, I stand corrected. It isn't retired, just not reliable but, still an option to the inmate.

From Wiki: Some Florida politicians vowed never to eliminate the electric chair despite the debate, but events rapidly changed after the U.S. Supreme Court agreed to hear an appeal from the Florida Supreme Court's split decision upholding electrocution. This action stunned some in Florida's leadership. The nation's high court had declined to review appeals after the prior two malfunctions, so observers concluded that the nation's high court now had come to view Florida's death penalty problems more dimly. Partly on the advice of Attorney General Butterworth, Florida's Governor Jeb Bush summoned the legislature into special session and in early 2000 it quickly approved lethal injection as the means of execution that must be used unless the inmate requests electrocution. The Attorney General then notified the Federal court and it agreed to dismiss the case based on the change in law.

No one has opted for electrocution since.

How silly of a tradition is it to offer death row inmates a special last meal?? I can't even imagine anyone being able to eat anything let alone their favorite food before being put to death.

Rose 222, I know, right? I akin it to being spanked with the leather strap when I was little and being told not to cry!

I don't understand this tradition since it has been documented that peeps bodily functions expel from the body during death. However, IIRC, Ted Bundy received enemas and diapers before he was executed so there would be no mess.

Sorry to be so graphic. :sick:

wm

So basically putting on a defense that ruins people, even people who are already grieving, is just all in a day's work.

The last time I sat across from someone who believed that, it was a prison interview with a sociopath. I don't think defense lawyers who slime are sociopaths, however, it's getting harder for me to tell them apart.

Once again not sociopaths and I kinda take offense to that. Its a bit harsh. If you were accused of a crime you didnt commit and the accusers were bold face liars. You would want your attorney to work for you and expose the prosecutions witnesses. You are assuming that all witnesses are telling the truth. What if they arent? In this case I dont beleive GA and LA molested Casey, but has it been proved either way that they have? No. But how I FEEL and what can be proven or not be proven in a court of law are different things. The court and law is about facts and what you can prove. It is also about circumstance, reasonable doubt, and handing a decision about your life over to a jury.

People bring their emotions into it, but I laugh at how people see just one side. yet, if it was your child accused of a crime they didnt commit how is the defense team suppose to act? What if the person accusing your child of a crime IS a sociopath, liar and he/she molest children. Wouldnt you want your defense attorney to bring this out in the trial? Or would you take the so called moral high road and be scared to ruin that persons life? I would throw them under the bus and prepare to run them over if I was innocent. If you are a defense lawyer you are taught to not see your client as innocent or guilty but to uphold the law and the system of justice. To make sure your client gets a fair trial.

We are no longer a society of trial by mob or mob justice. We have laws and the system isnt perfect at all, but its what we have. I swear I could live a thousand years and not understand humans at all. People get the torches and the rope when they think a person is guilty. Then if an "innocent" person is accused of a crime then they wave the banner of defend at all cost and those "evil" accusers need to defeated. Life is so rarely black and white. Thats what I am talking about the gray areas. Not just this case, but thousands of others going on right now. You cant pick and choose the law when it just favors your "side". Everyone regardless of guilty or innocence needs their day in court.

And once again its Casey that is doing the accusing and not the DT!!!

Waiting for the jury and feeling nervous they won't make the "right" decision is like flying. You trust you won't crash, but you know that it happens...

Not unless they all agreed to let them open a window and hang out! Believe you me, I've done that before in high rise hotels!

Gotta watch out for that hawk though, don't let him in!

If we don't get anything by 2pm CST it'll be another day, that's what I'm thinking.

It used to be we worried about things like "do you know where your children are?".

Now our biggest worry is - "Do you know where your cellphone is?"

Hmmm.

Continuing on WFTV, Susan Smith jury deliberated for 2 1/2 hours. That makes me nervous a bit. I'd think it would take longer, but if they came back so fast, does that say anything about potential disagreements on this jury?

She confessed to it and told them where to find the boys. I don't understand why she didn't plea.

At this point i've got to think that at least one of the jurors must be believing one of the lesser charges, right? The 1st 2 charges are 1st degree so if some thought it premeditated and some thought it was a ag child abuse (felony murder) they could theoretically be done by now. I am just so curious I can hardly stand it.

It could just be that they are reading the instructions. Remember all that stuff HHJP read over? It was confusing. I bet it would take hours just to get through all that and have everyone understand what it means. Then there's electing a foreperson, spending a few hours just discussing all the stuff they were dying to talk to someone about but couldn't all that time.

What is interesting to me is that they have not asked a single question. Bill S. said yesterday it's pretty common early on that they would have some questions to ask. The defense and prosecution gets to give their opinion on what the answer should be and then HHJP decides and goes back with the answer.

I'm thinking everything is good unless I hear the words "Allen Charge".

We are up to 42 pages of ..... nothing! It reminds me of when I was married. He had a big family. All gatherings were like this....each room had it's own conversation going, you could just drift in and out....sometimes convos would change in mid-stream. HAha!

I am almost ashamed to admitt this but this case has become an obsession to me. I have from day one followed this, however since the trial my life is as follows. Watch the entire trial all day, at night go back over what I taped on dvr and analize and look for things I didnt know before, get on websluthes read everything I possibly can about the case, watch JVM, watch Nancy Grace for about 5 minutes is all I can stomach, get back on net read case sidebar transcripts, go to bed wondering and thinking of how it did happen, where, exactly what time, what method and WHY?

I neglect some housework, I run fast erronds to store, I have put off Dr. appointments..
I am ashamed to admitt that I have even faked a massive headache to be able to stay indoors all day long and not have family come over to disturb me during trial.

I will be glad when it is over.. but then I have to adust to things being normal again.
Someone please tell me I am not the only one.
I am under Dr. orders not to work so I am home during the day but I am consumed with the trial.

At the start of this case I had a 4.0 GPA that I was not the least bit worried about losing. I now have a 3.9528 and one of my classes is listed as Incomplete because I had to take an extension. The only class I am now keeping up with is my Criminal Law and Procedure class because I am looking for any info while I am learning that will help me understand everything that is going on. I couldn't sleep last night and am so emotionally exhausted that everything that is happening around me feels like a dream. I really can't wait until it's over. I will cry regardless of verdict and know this because I almost cry when I think about it, regardless of the thought of what the verdict will be. I don't know if I will eat until the jury comes back because if I do I will probably vomit. I really, really can't wait until it is over, but can't stop watching because even when 6 stuck last night and I got the text that they were done for the day I still couldn't stop thinking about it. I really, really, really can't wait until it is over.

ITA. But Baez left the door wide open for this when he had her at his office for hours every day, days on end when she was out on bail. Bad move on his part - very bad. If there's even fifteen minutes that can be substantiated that they were alone behind closed doors - and I'm betting there is, he's going to be in a world of trouble. Trust!

Doubt it unless she ends up pregnant with his baby. She's a pathological liar, evil to the core and has a pattern of trying to defame and destroy others for her own selfish, evil means so....

Who's going to believe the little boy who cried wolf too many times? Remember that childhood learning story? Guess Casey never heard it, was dumb enough to go up against JA, LDB, LE, JP, etc.

269053_248372535179891_174731405877338_1167564_1865103_n.jpg

There are 24 photos from this morning here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.248372471846564.80351.174731405877338

There's a rumor going around that she is pregnant by a guard.

But wouldn't the other inmates know that something is going on, difficult to believe that ICA could keep that info to herself, she seems to enjoy letting people know anything that might prove that she attracts men like a magnet and can manipulate them in to doing anything for her. Ya like JB, I wonder if she stuck with him because she thought he was enthralled by her beauty

Another rumor is that she is pregnant, but how the heck would she get a pregnancy test in jail. Maybe she is not having her period, but sometimes that happens because of stress.

How on earth would this lead to LWOP instead of the DP.... That can decades to happen because of the appeals.

Continuing on WFTV, Susan Smith jury deliberated for 2 1/2 hours. That makes me nervous a bit. I'd think it would take longer, but if they came back so fast, does that say anything about potential disagreements on this jury?

If I'm remembering correctly, Susan Smith had already confessed, so perhaps that made the difference. I don't recall why there was still a trial, though!

Just read a tweet, they are saying juorors are eating lunch, if im not supposed to post this here, mods please delete

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Jurors are eating lunch here on the 23rd floor. Chic-Fil-A is what's for lunch. #CaseyAnthony #verdictwatch -jfell

http://twitter.com/#!/CFNews13Casey

I am almost ashamed to admitt this but this case has become an obsession to me. I have from day one followed this, however since the trial my life is as follows. Watch the entire trial all day, at night go back over what I taped on dvr and analize and look for things I didnt know before, get on websluthes read everything I possibly can about the case, watch JVM, watch Nancy Grace for about 5 minutes is all I can stomach, get back on net read case sidebar transcripts, go to bed wondering and thinking of how it did happen, where, exactly what time, what method and WHY?

I neglect some housework, I run fast erronds to store, I have put off Dr. appointments..
I am ashamed to admitt that I have even faked a massive headache to be able to stay indoors all day long and not have family come over to disturb me during trial.

I will be glad when it is over.. but then I have to adust to things being normal again.
Someone please tell me I am not the only one.
I am under Dr. orders not to work so I am home during the day but I am consumed with the trial.

I'm with you, Sherry. My mom asked me yesterday what I going to do since the trial is over. I said I was going to do some paperwork and housework since there was nothing to see after LKB's closing till the verdict comes in. I am embarrassed to say I did neither. I stayed right on WS and HLN all day until I went to bed last night. Anytime I get a phone call, I hate it because I put the tv on pause and know I'll have a hard time catching up on these threads.
Here's my new thing: Instead of trying to read ICA's lips from this morning's short court appearance, I said to myself: Don't waste your time on her. If someone else on WS wants to decipher it, fine. But I am not wasting time on her that way any more! Maybe a step in the right direction for me, not sure. Geesh, pathetic!

Just had a thought..........

I have a cousin who I don't talk to hardly ever that is a guard at Lowell.

Might need to re-connect to get some inside scoop if ICA goes there.

My cousin sister who I talk to via FB sometimes used to be a sargent there till she had a stroke and had to retire.

susan smith claimed sex abuse and her abuser came up and testified as to its truth. ALSO susan smith CONFESSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove