2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he should release their names. He shouldn't think twice about it. They certainly didn't think about what they did.

Are the examples of violence that Judge Perry just said true and accurate threats against the jurors?

I was too shocked by the examples that he was giving to even think correctly.

he said someone wants to fillet them open, pour salt on them, and then feed their legs to a pariah

which I love him for, especially the pariah

Fluffy (your's is my favorite name on the board - it's DS nickname)

I must tell you that I am one of those people who has gone and served every single time I am called. Every. Single. Time.

I am not sure I will continue to do so.

(Sigh I know, I know, just give me some time)

(lol @ DS nickname. It was the name of the shampoo I had just bought for my pup and the name made me smile)

I understand about not being able to think about doing it again after this. I'll bet you change your mind later, and I hope we all don't lose faith forever.

I, like you, have gone and served even when it was a pain in the neck. The first time I went I felt quite patriotic, and I think it is an important responsibility. I have had employees ask me for an excuse that they are too important at work to serve (lol, and we even pay) and I don't give it to them.

I am just trying to shrug and move on. What else can I do but help try and make things better.

Best of luck to you, and thanks for serving in the past. You are better than many.

I am going to guess wanting "fillet someone, cut their legs offs, pour salt in the wounds and feed them to a piranha" was not a hypothetical threat. I don't even know how to respond to stuff like that.

I can't even think right now. It appeared that he was reading from a piece of paper about those threats.

Did the juror's that have talked tell the media the other's names????????????

If I were on a jury I doubt I'd want my name released under these circumstances.
Before this case, I'd have not wanted it released upon a guilty verdict but then this case happened....

They do seem to place an unnatural amount of weight on her alleged 'beauty', don't they? I wonder if that is because that is really all she has and even they know that? 'Pretty is as pretty does' my granny always said...not to mention, she is really not all that, IMO. Just sayin'.:twocents:

Alleged is right. Never have understood how anyone could think she is pretty or goodlooking. I don't find her attractive at all.

As much as I disagree with their verdict and believe they were negligent in their understanding of the law I don't want to see anyone put through h___ over this anymore. Focus your energy on making sure Casey and the DT do not profit from their actions. The jurors will feel the wrath of the public without having their lives ruined as a result. They can't make money off of it unless someone spends money to hear what they have to say.

Is she suggesting security to protect the jurors, at our expense?

Edited to add this:

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Judge asks if Fugate's clients are willing to provide security for these jurors. (off duty law enforcement) #CaseyAnthony -jfell
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

georgegas.jpg

For the record, I feel sorry for George.

That said, damn this is funny!

(reminds me of Steve Martin's character in 'The Jerk'; clutching a lamp as he's tossed out of his home -- hysterical)

WMA has more money then g-d so it won't phase them much but it might be a good idea just so no one gets needlessly upset.

I think some poor interns in their mailroom are going to have a really bad day.

I know everyone, including myself, doesn't want to contribute any money that could end up in Casey's hands. Just think you wait till things are confirmed by MSM. We know the DT likes playing with the media although I don't think JB would plant something like this as it's just really dumb.

I obviously missed something here. What in the world are they up to?

Judge: ...place off duty deputies, police officials to provide for these individuals?

Atty: If there r people who will go after these people then law enforcement has to protect them.
If real threats, and I don't know...

Judge: there r news agencies who will pay up to $200,000 for video of these people...

I forgot where I heard it now ... but one of the news channels (television) said that George and Cindy had just signed to do an interview with a LARGE news show, or something like that. Anybody have anymore information on that?

Media lawyer: I agree it is a difficult balance. Even the jurors who have agreed to come forward will need protection. Also, those who have not wanted to come forward, are already being called. Apparently, there are people out there who already know who those jurors are. If there are real threats against them, whether their names have been released, we (LE) are going to have to protect them.

HHJBP: Are your clients willing to kick in some money to hire off duty LE to protect them?

Media lawyer: LE needs to protect the jurors whether they have decided to come forward or not. There is also a juror who is willing to sell his story to the highest bidder.

HHJBP: And there are news outlets who have paid up to $200,000 for video. It is like the pot calling the kettle black. What would you suggest a cooling off period would be - considering the verdict was rendered Tuesday?

Media lawyer: My client would like the info as soon as possible. Case law says 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove