2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The full names of these jurors should be released. I hope they are not harmed in any way but enough of protection for KC/Defense/jurors..How about protecting victims??????

Since when do victims matter, expecially when it comes to this case?

Imo, courts should not base decisions upon what OTHER illegal act some crazy might do, as a result...how far would that be taken? Great point made by attorney in that witnesses are called, must testify and names are public. Why not jurors?

HHJP says the difference between the jurors and himself is that he chose what to do (career). They had no choice.

I have zero interest in hearing one more word from any of the jurors. I wish I hadn't heard from Juror #3, to be honest.

I'm totally oblivious at times, but what did HHJP mean when he said that about Disney, do we think?

Lawyer argues that jurors should be held accountable...Judge perry asks, "how will they be held accountable"?

good question...

Judge:

t main difference between t jury and myself, is I chose to do this
they had no choice
...how to square t right of privacy, i'm not necessarily concerned about t fine organizations u represent
i'm concerned about t individual who may want to filet someone, and what he might do

I am seriously becoming concerned that the verdict is going to result in some violence against someone, a juror, on of the Anthonys, a defense team member or even Casey herself when she gets out.

(it's why I was glad the DT didn't walk past the protesters when they went to lunch). This is raw, people are upset and some unbalanced people may feel vigilantism is justified. It never is. Not even against Casey.

It is not a good thing. As much as I disagree and am stunned and deeply disappointed with the verdict, I would NEVER want the jurors or their families to be in any kind of danger AT ALL because of their verdict.

Beyond just the mere fact that people should not be harming others, it would be highly damaging to the system if people become afraid to sit on juries or afraid to give unpopular verdicts. Like in some countries where judges are killed, so the justice system totally breaks down. WE DO NOT WANT THAT.

HHJP just referred to three attorneys there.

I'm not sure if they're all from the Orlando Sentinel or not.

HHJP is concerned about the individual who might want to filet someone. Maybe the cooling off period needs to be....I doubt very seriously you'd have had this uproar if the decision had been different....

But you are saying you think 7 days for a cooling off period?

Look if JB is walking around and people hate him then they will be OK. Then again I may be wrong. Go ahead HHJP seal the names. Im telling you guys again, they will be found out. This isnt the 80's where people can hide. Its 2011, people have FB, twitter, blogs etc. we are a nation of nosey people!

Judge:

I doubt u would have had this uproar had this decision been different

If jurors were not allowed to talk about a trial for a certain amount of time following the trial is would solve this problem.

georgegas.jpg

roflmbo:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Judge:

I doubt u would have had this uproar had this decision been different

I totally disagree with him there.........they are the jury, people want to hear from them, guilty or not guilty. pppfffttt.

HHJP must just be pleased (in some way) to be dealing with competent attorneys at this point - these attys are good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230