2011.07.08 - Dateline NBC

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Actually, they didn't see more than me or most of WS'ers - what they did see is the actual photo of the skull and the simulation of the tape over Caylee's mouth and nose - that's it

Absolutely-in fact, they saw far less. They never knew that she referred to her daughter as a "snothead" to a guy that wanted her to come over and get jiggy.

Absolutely-in fact, they saw far less. They never knew that she referred to her daughter as a "snothead" to a guy that wanted her to come over and get jiggy.

My point was that they saw the actual skull as it was found. I did not. My point was that I can't understand after seeing all of the evidence they DID see, how they could come on Dateline and excuse it all away. 31 days as "Whoa, yeah, that's like real bad, but we couldn't go on emotion."
It appears they threw out alot of evidence because of what they are somehow calling emotion, but once they tossed it aside, they suddenly had no answers as COD.
I'm simply flummoxed.

Slightly OT, but wasn't one of the jurors the daughter of a lawyer?

The superimposed 're-creation was only to show how 3 pieces of duct could have covered the mouth and nose.

The jury and those in the courtroom saw the ACTUAL PICTURES of Caylee's skull with the duct tape across the nasal holes, and mandible, attaching on both sides to the hair mat. The jury and those in the courtroom saw the picture of Caylee's skull BEFORE the duct tape was clipped off, to remove it. WE, the public, only saw the ACTUAL SKULL blurred. Where are ya'll getting the idea that the only picture of Caylee's skull seen by the jury was the superimposed re-creation? JA stated if the jury looked at the actual pix of Caylee's skull with the duct tape attached, there would be no way they would not call it a homicide.

Please, let's get this straight. Too many here have stated that the re-creation was the picture of Caylee's skull with the ductape...WRONG!
IMO, you are right. In fact, ICBW, but I believe the superimposition only showed the outline of ONE piece of duct tape, in order to prove that just one strip would have been wide enough to have caused Caylee's death.... The inference perhaps being that the three long strips were overkill on KC's part.

Quote:
Rodriguez also said he planned to testify that a video prepared by a prosecution expert superimposing Caylee's living face with a picture of her skull and the outline of a piece of duct tape was an "unheard of" application of technology meant only to provide initial identifications of remains.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/06/18/florida.casey.anthony.trial/index.html

My point was that they saw the actual skull as it was found. I did not. My point was that I can't understand after seeing all of the evidence they DID see, how they could come on Dateline and excuse it all away. 31 days as "Whoa, yeah, that's like real bad, but we couldn't go on emotion."
It appears they threw out alot of evidence because of what they are somehow calling emotion, but once they tossed it aside, they suddenly had no answers as COD.
I'm simply flummoxed.

Slightly OT, but wasn't one of the jurors the daughter of a lawyer?

That was juror number 7.

Do we know which two jurors were the two for guilty at the beginning of deliberation?

Yes, that alt. juror watched her 'body language' and decided she was SINCERE.
I guess it didn't matter that she lied her arse off for 31 days. Because he watched her close and she looked sincere to him. I just cannot get past that moronic statement. How can the biggest PROVEN LIAR in the nation be given the label "SINCERE" by one of the jurors?

It boggles the mind. And to think there were at least 12 more like that. I feel like I've been watching a Swamp People movie from the seventies.:eek:kay:

It boggles the mind. And to think there were at least 12 more like that. I feel like I've been watching a Swamp People movie from the seventies.:eek:kay:

How to say this delicately -- I don't imagine he was looking at her with his "eyes" .. lower....

Young men like the one who thinks she's sincere are the ones that will become entangled with her in the future.

Young men like the one who thinks she's sincere are the ones that will become entangled with her in the future.

and they deserve all that comes to them

you knew what I was when you picked me up, said the rattlesnake...

Well, actually I wouldn't mind if I was quilty. All you have to do is look cute, be white and never tell the actual truth to anyone. Casey never even had to get up on the stand and be questioned; don't know how anyone can judge someone not quilty if they don't hear from their own lips they didn't do it.

Scary world we live in......sigh

Bingo (bolded by me)

We have often spoken here about the difference in trials depending on race and the treatment of missing children depending on race. I wonder what the outcome would have been if Casey was Black or Hispanic. Or if she was a 45 year old, obese, missing teeth, etc. It might have been exactly the same but I wonder. Our society can sometimes be awfully shallow. Even me, as hard as I try to be deep. :crazy:

Who has heard anything about Adji lately? Or the other missing African American or Haitian or Hispanic little children? There is a pretty blond girl missing and now thought deceased here in Macon, though.

Before I get a gentle reminder that I am OT :seeya: mods :) I'll add that this jury is subject to the same prejudices and such as I am.

that's all we need is this case becoming about Race. Look the state didn't prove the case I posted during the trial saying I didn't think they was proving it as much as some thought and I was basically treated not so nicely. I was polite but yet thought that replied to me was not. I posted how the state along with CA attorney going at each other acting like kids was GOING To effect the outcome of the case and I was laughed at and my post deleted. Guess I was not as dumb as some treated me as.

Thanks for the awesome commentary. I couldn't bring myself to watch it. Like some of you mentioned in this thread, I too am very concerned about my emotional and psychological health, resultant of this unjust outcome.

I will NEVER follow another case...ever...and this is coming from someone who has been following true crime for the last 10 years. I've just never felt so sick.

I appreciate the humorous posts, it's good for my soul...I forgot how so many of you always seem to make me smile and/outright laugh.

I think jury questionnaires throughout the US need to add the question: Did you serve on the Casey Anthony Trial or know someone who did? (sarcasm)

Aw, no, don't let it take away something that means a lot to you. If I ever go missing, I want you on the Websleuths search team!

It will all even out. I'm a Christian so I don't technically believe in Karma, but I do know that we reap what we sow. What has Casey sown?

that's all we need is this case becoming about Race. Look the state didn't prove the case I posted during the trial saying I didn't think they was proving it as much as some thought and I was basically treated not so nicely. I was polite but yet thought that replied to me was not. I posted how the state along with CA attorney going at each other acting like kids was GOING To effect the outcome of the case and I was laughed at and my post deleted. Guess I was not as dumb as some treated me as.

I'm sorry if some treated you as dumb; they should not have done that. This is just a discussion group; we all discuss, and all opinions are intelligent ones if made in good faith.

Now, OnT, I believe that nearly every case is about race to an extent and about socioeconomic level and about gender. Casey was lucky enough to have videos and photos to sell so she could keep her attorney at first. Many do not. Juries are just people, and people are influenced by so many things. That's why they let the defendant wear street clothes to court.

Remember the stir when the defense tossed out the myth about the convicted felon who was in touch with George A. at the time of the disappearance? Remember the menacing picture of the "scary man"? (Another instance in which the defense threw something at the wall to test its adhesion, not caring whose life they may ruin in the process. Just ask George)

The factors I mentioned are by no means the only influences on the jury but they are some of the cultural ones.

I really think this case took off like it did because a young attorney wanted to make a name for himself and took every opportunity to get front and center on any media venue that would have him. Her ability to lie without regard to others held our attention. JB refused a gag order against his client's best interest and handled her as if she were L. Lohan. What got a not guilty verdict was her looks, the sincere ones, that is. jmo

ETA: I could see a future Dateline coming up entitled, "What the jury did not see." No JB, no CM, no A's needed. lol

You know what's kind of funny? JVM was interviewing people on the street about their feelings on the verdict. Every single one of the young men she asked were pro-KC!

during jury selection i was thinking that it sounded like the defense tended to lean toward the young-sounding men.

Bingo (bolded by me)

We have often spoken here about the difference in trials depending on race and the treatment of missing children depending on race. I wonder what the outcome would have been if Casey was Black or Hispanic. Or if she was a 45 year old, obese, missing teeth, etc. It might have been exactly the same but I wonder. Our society can sometimes be awfully shallow. Even me, as hard as I try to be deep. :crazy:

Who has heard anything about Adji lately? Or the other missing African American or Haitian or Hispanic little children? There is a pretty blond girl missing and now thought deceased here in Macon, though.

Before I get a gentle reminder that I am OT :seeya: mods :) I'll add that this jury is subject to the same prejudices and such as I am.

Most of the nation would have barely have even heard of Caylee, if she was not an adorable little white girl from the suburbs, IMO...

Most of the nation would have barely have even heard of Caylee, if she was not an adorable little white girl from the suburbs, IMO...

This. I know this is another topic for another time but it's very true unfortunately.Just look at the big "media" missing/murdered children or women in the last 5-10 years. The ones with the wall to way coverage all have one thing in common.

I agree Dateline or one of teh enws shows will have a special soon "why the jury voted not guilty" Gives those professional jury consultants something to do.

Anyone who wants to deny that race or looks had anything to do with this need only do a little research and see the outcome of other cases. I still think the jury knew nothing about the law or common sense, but I am sure that if Casey was black and unattractive, she would have been convicted of something more than lying. That is why I am especially disappointed in the two black jurors, I hope their families remind them every day that if it was their daughter or granddaughter on trial instead of Casey, with the same evidence, they would probably be on death row by now.

With all due respect 6angels, I still think you were wrong. It just happened to be that they found 12 jurors who were also wrong. But that is just my opinion, your opinion is that Im wrong, and we should both be allowed to say it. Regardless I respect your right to disagree with me : )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back