2011.07.08 - Dateline NBC

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dateline is the best program ever done on this case. I am glad to be watching this.

Nope, they never evena asked for help with them which is almost routine with jurys.

The first juror (alt) that spoke gave it away. All his thoughts were Baez's wordsl. He even changed pronouns. He went from "I" to "Us". Clearly admitting a group think. He knew what the 12 were thinking and he wasn't with them.

They listened to Cheney Mason's version. This was not a very savvy jury.

They seem to have taken more time preparing for their interviews than they ever did deliberating.

I must be losing it. I thought that Clint's GF testified that Caylee was out on the balcony and opening the door at the apartment while her amazing mother was in Tone's bedroom.

Yep....that was what she testified to. These jurors are saying nonsensical things.....

These jurors aren't very convincing, to me. There has to be a reason that none of them paid any attention to the evidence. Heard JB's opening lies and ignored everything else. There has to be a reason why they go on TV and make themselves sound like morons. Maybe, someday, it will all become clear.

Well, if it walks like a duck........ :floorlaugh:

Correct.

I am pretty sure that regardless of the truth of the matter, the prosecution did not have witnesses to show a history of neglect or child abuse in order to rebut the Defense's assertion of Casey being a bad mother.

My view, is that is likely that Casey "loved" her daughter, she dotted on her but that she was immature, irresponsible with a lack of foresight and did not understand the responsibility she had as a mother.

I do not understand how people keep ignoring the abuse and neglect that was testified to. Casey had no job, she lied about that, so she STOLE from friends and family instead. Isn't that a form of child neglect?

And she snuck around all day and night PRETENDING to be at the nanny's or at work and she was dragging her toddler along with her. There was testimony that she was hanging around late night college parties with drinking and smoking, pot included. She would be out in another room to try and sleep there. She was alone on a balcony at least once we heard of. She answered an apt door ALL ALONE while Casey was in the bedroom with Tony.THAT is very dangerous.
She slept in bed BETWEEN casey and her boyfriend Ricardo for a few weeks. THAT IS CHILD ABUSE, imo. And what sex abuse victim does that to her child?

That child should have had a stable, child friendly routine. She should have had little friends and been going to the park tp play. NOT sitting in the car and waiting for her grandparents to leave so Casey could sneak back home every day.

Casey was a TERRIBLE mother and I am surprised this jury keeps parroting how she was such a 'good mother.' Just because she dragged her to Tony's and PRETENDED she was a doting mother does not make it so.

The post said SA, not the defense.

Yes, I know. The poster questioned why the SA didn't go after the 'she was a wonderful mother' witnesses because they didn't know her for long, etc. That would have been a mistake for the prosecution, because they apparently didn't have witnesses who could testify to the opposite. The prosecutors had to focus on Casey's post-death behavior, which really didn't help their case.

I'm going to keep my eyes open and watch out to see if there are any human size pods around. These peeps can't be from here.

Exactly. And my big rant...they say the LACK of evidence by the state evidently let the buy the Defense theory of drowning/molestation WITHOUT ANY evidence. I am still shocked. I have had a pit in my stomach all week. I was really worried about how I reacted to this verdict. But slowly, surely, I am swimming back up to the top.....

I agree there was no evidence about the drowning and molestation, but yet they say the state had a lack of evidence. I don't want to insult the jurors but them believing the drowning and molestation stories frustrates me.

Was he the one she was making goo-goo eyes at during trial? Yeah, go ahead and hit that. You'll be waking up with a choloroform headache and duct tape stuck in your hair.

And any money you might have in your wallet? GONE. "Oh, you must have been sleep walking and misplaced it!"

I must be losing it. I thought that Clint's GF testified that Caylee was out on the balcony and opening the door at the apartment while her amazing mother was in Tone's bedroom.

Yes it was Maria Clint's ex that testified about Caylee answering the door while Casey in Tony's bedroom and she also mentioned Caylee went out to the balcony.

I think out of the Tony's friends and connections, Maria was the only one who realized something was wrong with Casey. Maria seemed to think it was odd for Caylee to be outside the bedroom and in the living room with Clint and the other guys and she seemed really concerned about Caylee being out on the balcony.

Alt # 2: "She was always a good mother, why would a mother with no history of abuse just kill her child? I just could not take that leap."

Did he even bother to consider HOW she reacted to her child's DEATH? What kind of 'good mother' goes on a movie date hours after her baby dies? Oh WAIT...that's right, we are not supposed to 'use emotion' in our deliberations. But isn't deciding she is not guilty because she " SEEMS SO SINCERE AND WAS SUCH A GOOD MOTHER' also using emotion?

I WAS NOT UPSET AT THE JURY UNTIL I BEGAN LISTENING TO THEM . UUUGGHHHHHH

Is this the same guy who said she looked like a normal 22 year old? How many 22 year old people have "imaginary friends" (lies like a rug) and fakes having a job for 2 years? How normal is it to go on with your life like nothing happened after you child dies? I didn't follow this case for 3 years like many here have so I didn't have all the extra info and even I would never describe Casey as normal. I truly believe they went with whatever story they wanted regardless of whether or not it was supported by the evidence. Ever describing Casey as a normal 22 year old is proof.

All of this is post-death. It was common ground at trial that the Victim was not missing at this point but rather dead. The defense assertion is that this was Casey's poor coping and more particularly denial that was observed post mortem.

It still remains that the prosecution had no evidence of Casey being a poor mother, and in particular abusing Caylee prior to 16 June 2008.

BBM--I think LDB touched on this in closing, but perhaps they should have reiterated it clearly throughout their case. KC was biologically Caylees mother, but she in actuality was nothing more than a nanny. She did nothing for that child but babysit her. And, I would say that the fact that her daugter was "missing" (dead) and that she didn't report it, makes her a pretty poor mother.

The defense doesn't have to prove anything (per jury instructions). If the prosecution had had witnesses to testify that Casey was a terrible mother, you can bet they would have had them right there on the witness stand. Apparently they didn't have any witnesses to do that.

Maria Kish said that Caylee was left alone on the balcony of Tony's apartment, while Casey and Tony got it on in Tony's room. What kind of a good mother is that? I guess the jury forgot about that testimony.

So, what? We should have a new jury selection criteria? No convicted felons, people not registered vote, or males?

If the prosecution's prospects of securing a conviction rested upon them excluding males from the struck Jury then it ought not to have been brought. The same holds true if they required a vast majority of females to be on the Jury in order to secure a conviction.

Oh good lord. Ever heard of sarcasm?

All of this is post-death. It was common ground at trial that the Victim was not missing at this point but rather dead. The defense assertion is that this was Casey's poor coping and more particularly denial that was observed post mortem.

It still remains that the prosecution had no evidence of Casey being a poor mother, and in particular abusing Caylee prior to 16 June 2008.

There is PLENTY of evidence and testimony to her neglect and child abuse. First of all-she was living a lie. She was stealing from friends and family to support herself and PRETENDING to work and go to school. Doing that while you drag your child around and enmeshing her IN THAT LIE is child abuse.

There is also evidence that she slept in bed with her bf Ricardo, with Caylee in between them for weeks. THAT is child abuse, imo.
There was testimony that Caylee once answered an apt door all by herself, no adults present, while Casey was having sex with Tony in the bedroom.
Also she was ALONE on a balcony, again, while Casey was in the bedroom.

And she was being dragged around to adult parties at night. And during the day she sitting in the car, or waiting at a random friends apt, waiting for her parents to leave so they could sneak back home, and pretend to be at work.

Caylee SHOULD HAVE had a solid routine and some friends her own age. She should not have been dragged around like that and being put in dangerous and awkward situations just because her mom did not want to hold a job. She wanted to lie and steal instead of living a regular life. THAT IS NEGLECT AND ABUSE IMO.

I do not understand how people keep ignoring the abuse and neglect that was testified to. Casey had no job, she lied about that, so she STOLE from friends and family instead. Isn't that a form of child neglect?

Did she steal from Caylee Anthony during the course of her life time? I think I heard some story that she stole from her piggy bank, I don't know if this was true but there was no record evidence of it. If there was evidence of it and the prosecution wanted in on record they should have elicited the evidence.

As to the issue of her not having a job, well at 9.2% unemployment in the U.S. if that was a form of Child Abuse, DCFS, LE and the courts are going to be busy.

She lied? Erm... well you get my point, that's not child abuse. Especially if it did not affect her child in any negative and significant way. TBH, it's just fanciful to suggest that amounts to child abuse.

And she snuck around all day and night PRETENDING to be at the nanny's or at work she was dragging her toddler along with her. There was testimony that she was hanging around college parties with drinking and smoking, piot included. She was alone on a balcony at least once we heard of. She answered an apt door ALL ALONE while Casey was in the bedroom with Tony.

She slept in bed BETWEEN casey and her boyfriend Ricardo for a few weeks. THAT IS CHILD ABUSE, imo.
That chilod should have had a stable, child friendly routine. She should have had little friends and been going to the park. NOT sitting in the car and waiting for her grandparents to leave so Casey could sneak back home every day.

Casey was a TERRIBLE mother and I am surprised this jury keeps parroting how she was such a 'good mother.' Just because she dragged her to Tony's and PRETENDED she was a doting mother does not make it so.

Most of this is just simply a one-sided account of key evidence. Children co-sleep; taking her Caylee out and about whilst George and Cindy thought she was at work is not child abuse; college parties, etc are not the most conducive environment for a child but i have certainly heard of and seen worse, there is no evidence that the child was at rowdy frat parties til the wee hours; children do sometimes answer the door, try and get out on the balcony when they are not meant to, you can never be too careful.

Is there any evidence that KC attacked Caylee? No. Used a belt on her? No. Tried to poison her? No. Torture? No. Witheld food and water? No.

The view that she was a good mother, at least based upon the record evidence at trial, has merit.

There is PLENTY of evidence and testimony to her neglect and child abuse. First of all-she was living a lie. She was stealing from friends and family to support herself and PRETENDING to work and go to school. Doing that while you drag your child around and enmeshing her IN THAT LIE is child abuse.

There is also evidence that she slept in bed with her bf Ricardo, with Caylee in between them for weeks. THAT is child abuse, imo.
There was testimony that Caylee once answered an apt door all by herself, no adults present, while Casey was having sex with Tony in the bedroom.
Also she was ALONE on a balcony, again, while Casey was in the bedroom.

And she was being dragged around to adult parties at night. And during the day she sitting in the car, or waiting at a random friends apt, waiting for her parents to leave so they could sneak back home, and pretend to be at work.

Caylee SHOULD HAVE had a solid routine and some friends her own age. She should not have been dragged around like that and being put in dangerous and awkward situations just because her mom did not want to hold a job. She wanted to lie and steal instead of living a regular life. THAT IS NEGLECT AND ABUSE IMO.

See above. I would just add that even if KC took Caylee to parties and had her sleep in a bedroom while the party was ongoing would not amount to child abuse. It is not something that I would see is all that uncommon amongst single young mothers.

I am not saying I condone it but just because Casey was not married to Caylee's father, chaste until her wedding, going to church every Sunday, in bed at 10PM everynight, had dinner on the table every day at 5PM, etc does not mean she was a bad mother or guilty of child abuse or child neglect.

The defense doesn't have to prove anything (per jury instructions). If the prosecution had had witnesses to testify that Casey was a terrible mother, you can bet they would have had them right there on the witness stand. Apparently they didn't have any witnesses to do that.

They did. I think it was Clint's girlfriend? But not for sure.

I know it was someone's girlfriend!

And she snuck around all day and night PRETENDING to be at the nanny's or at work she was dragging her toddler along with her. There was testimony that she was hanging around college parties with drinking and smoking, piot included. She was alone on a balcony at least once we heard of. She answered an apt door ALL ALONE while Casey was in the bedroom with Tony.
She slept in bed BETWEEN casey and her boyfriend Ricardo for a few weeks. THAT IS CHILD ABUSE, imo.
That chilod should have had a stable, child friendly routine. She should have had little friends and been going to the park. NOT sitting in the car and waiting for her grandparents to leave so Casey could sneak back home every day.

katydid,
All this makes me feel like I live in an alternate universe.:banghead: The facts show --as you said-- that Casey was a terrible mother. The invisa nanny, the invisa job, all the times Casey partied and CA and GA thought Casey had babysitter? That in and of itself goes to show neglect.

Casey's lies to LE after she lied and lied and lied and (you get the picture), about her job at Universal.....Those LE Officers knew Casey was lying and had done something to her daughter. The jurors heard that testimony yet let Casey walk. :banghead:

Maria Kish said that Caylee was left alone on the balcony of Tony's apartment, while Casey and Tony got it on in Tony's room. What kind of a good mother is that? I guess the jury forgot about that testimony.

No matter how much some might like to believe otherwise, that would not be considered proof of a person being a terrible parent. And the prosecution would be laughed out of the courtroom if they pointed to that as evidence that Casey was an abusive mother.

BeagleMom;6881675.... Yes said:
shame the jurors didnt see the REAL ICA, who appeared in all her hate and evilness whenever they were not looking.

but they may not have even seen that. they apparently miss read a lot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine
Back