2011.07.09 - Per Mason, Casey is not going home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But do you think that the State just slept through jury selection? I don't understand how they could have allowed such a jury to be seated, if it was obvious (which I did not think it was) that they were pro-defense all along.

THIS is one of the only things that I blame on Judge P. He was in such a darn hurry that he streamlined everything. When I used to work for my Dad there was no internet obviously. But I would be sent down to the voters records section and have to look up potential jurors and see what party they were registered to. I would have to run to the pay phone and call the asst. and read the ones I found. All the Repubs would be on the chopping block. LOL

But my point is that choosing a jury usually takes much longer because each team barters and uses strikes and builds up a group they like. That did not happen here at all.

They dont have to talk about anything case related...how about just a good old visit as in just came to see you and chat?
Obviously CA wants to see her, it seems like a slap in the face. I dont see why CA keeps taking it. :waitasec:

I doubt anything can split up CA and ICA. They are enmeshed. ICA will call her as soon as she Baez gives her her new phone and computer.....

THIS is one of the only things that I blame on Judge P. He was in such a darn hurry that he streamlined everything. When I used to work for my Dad there was no internet obviously. But I would be sent down to the voters records section and have to look up potential jurors and see what party they were registered to. I would have to run to the pay phone and call the asst. and read the ones I found. All the Repubs would be on the chopping block. LOL

But my point is that choosing a jury usually takes much longer because each team barters and uses strikes and builds up a group they like. That did not happen here at all.

Yep! Republicans convict more...must not have been any on this panel from what I can tell.

I agree. In retrospect it would have been wayyyyy better to slow things down. I kept thinking during the whole process including the trial that he was doing a very good job of being considerate to the jury because they were sequestered. Judge Perry always wanted to keep things moving but I think there was a price to pay. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference, who knows? I do remember near the end of the trial worrying about the jury member who was scheduled to go on a trip and I was scared that things would get rushed because of that.

I had no idea how messed up things would become :(

But do you think that the State just slept through jury selection? I don't understand how they could have allowed such a jury to be seated, if it was obvious (which I did not think it was) that they were pro-defense all along.

State needs to ask a lot more of it's own grooming questions. "You do realize this is real life, not CSI, don't you?" "Can you accept that circumstantial evidence is good evidence, and that there were no witnesses to this crime?" "Do you think a good legal system should be able to convict those who are guilty?" "Are you comfortable that you will be asked to convict if the case is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, not beyond ANY doubt and are you comfortable with that?" "Do you understand that our system sometimes permits lawyers to say things in opening statements that may not be proven during the evidence phase of the trial and if they are not that you must in no way used those opening statements in determining your verdict?"

Measures should be taken to reduce the number of jurors excluded or excused. Jurors should be well paid for their jury service during high profile trials which take them away from their jobs and business for more than several days, but change of venues and sequestration should mostly be eliminated. This verdict in particular shows disturbing signs of being the verdict of one or two group leaders who, quite possibly through the relationships they formed during sequestration, were able to lead others along to their point of view. IMO, without sequestration, individuals are more likely to hold more independent views.

Casey is not going home until she realizes that the only friends she has in the world are her family. Mason and Baez will be her friend until their next big case, and then she's on her own. Even if the entire team becomes her surrogate parents, as lawyers, even they will want to move on soon enough.

no, can renew by mail as long as your keep a good driver record..
I would think she would also get her car back, that is if the A's give it to her.I can just see her ridding around Orlando in the car with a sign that reads " I got my get out of jail free card"

I can't help but think about that statement CA made over the phone to T. Miller. "No one messes with the Anthony's." If I were KC I'd be afraid to go home. jmo

I agree. In retrospect it would have been wayyyyy better to slow things down. I kept thinking during the whole process including the trial that he was doing a very good job of being considerate to the jury because they were sequestered. Judge Perry always wanted to keep things moving but I think there was a price to pay. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference, who knows? I do remember near the end of the trial worrying about the jury member who was scheduled to go on a trip and I was scared that things would get rushed because of that.

I started questioning HJP when the Jury was being selected. He was making arrangments to jurys if they missed a ball game then he got them a better seat at a later time, he made sure the the person that was going on a cruise, was told by HJP that she would be on the boat. I blame HJP for pushing for the Case to be over in July. Looking back now I see so much that was so wrong. I think the Judge & Sate thought they had the case won hands down, but then came the lazy Jury.

The judge kept saying: these people want to go home....it was way too rushed for such an important crime. These jurors heard all the evidence.
31 days missing and a Mother doesnt even let anyone know. Dr Vass testimony, K9 dog handlers testimony, borrowing shovel, car abandoned, didnt they heard ANY of it?
I think they bought the "grief" ladies testimony and I didnt agree with her at all.IMO she was dramatic and strange.
But it seemed like jury ran with the drama and not the common sense and real facts the SA brought out. IMO
I dobelieve they just wanted to get out of there.

If she did go home the duct tape would be under lock and key and they'd all be nervously checking each other's google search history.

I keep hearing about how she is going to live in disguise under a psuedonym. The entire team is delusional on KoolAid if you ask me. She will be outed within minutes I predict. She is way too recognizable. If a short person with a Casey face peeking out under I sunglasses showed up in my neighborhood Sunday (well I'll be on vaca but..) I think I would be curious. And she would not be able to talk because her voice is recognizable. Even if she puts a fake local accent on.

I just can't find it in my heart to criticize HHJP for the outcome of this trial. He was trying to keep the ball rolling and with Baez's stalling and delay tactics that was no easy task. Baez would have taken months to select a jury if not reigned in and kept in check. He was dealt a dirty hand having to deal with Baez's ineptness and flagrant breaking of the rules at every turn. All while trying to be mindful of legitimate budgetary concerns.

The outcome and blame needs to sit squarely on the shoulders of this completely inept and lazy jury who couldn't follow the rules and couldn't be bothered to review the facts in evidence. A jury that was impressed and persuaded by Baez's dog and pony show. A jury that had stars and dollar signs in their eyes. A jury that was comprised of people without a backbone to stand up for their own convictions and let others bully them into a decision they didn't feel was right or just. A jury that was more concerned for their own inconvenience rather than justice for a defenseless child killed by her mother.

JMO

I keep hearing about how she is going to live in disguise under a psuedonym. The entire team is delusional on KoolAid if you ask me. She will be outed within minutes I predict. She is way too recognizable. If a short person with a Casey face peeking out under I sunglasses showed up in my neighborhood Sunday (well I'll be on vaca but..) I think I would be curious. And she would not be able to talk because her voice is recognizable. Even if she puts a fake local accent on.

Casey does not want to live in disquise, she has fame now. She thinks she is going to live the big life. She wants all the attention, so why would Casey go into hiding? She is going to come out full blast rubbing all this in our faces. Why should she hide, she was found not guilty. She wants the fame and she will get it. Casey sold her soul to the devil. As long as I know hell is waiting on her, I am ok.

Don't forget the tattoo. She can have it removed but that will take a while. She can keep it covered but I doubt she likes to dress modestly 100% of the time... and someone suspicious could either get a look at her shoulder somehow, or put 2+2 together if it was always covered.

I just can't find it in myself to criticize HHJP for the outcome of this trial. He was trying to keep the ball rolling and with Baez's stalling and delay tactics that was no easy task. Baez would have taken months to select a jury if not reigned in and kept in check. He was dealt a dirty hand having to deal with Baez's ineptness and flagrant breaking of the rules at every turn. All while trying to be mindful of legitimate budgetary concerns.

The outcome and blame needs to sit squarely on the shoulders of this completely inept and lazy jury who couldn't follow the rules and couldn't be bothered to review the facts in evidence. A jury that was impressed and persuaded by Baez's dog and pony show. A jury that had stars and dollar signs in their eyes. A jury that was comprised of people without a backbone to stand up for their own convictions and let others bully them into a decision they didn't feel was right or just.

JMO
HJP let Beaz get away with to much during the trial. Baez was warned so many times yet nothing happened.The trial was a hurry up and get it done trial. There was not even a ounce of Justice for Caylee.

Don't forget the tattoo. She can have it removed but that will take a while. She can keep it covered but I doubt she likes to dress modestly 100% of the time... and someone suspicious could either get a look at her shoulder somehow, or put 2+2 together if it was always covered.

RIght! She's never going to go to the beach or a pool again? GMAB

Casey does not want to live in disquise, she has fame now. She thinks she is going to live the big life. She wants all the attention, so why would Casey go into hiding? She is going to come out full blast rubbing all this in our faces. Why should she hide, she was found not guilty. She wants the fame and she will get it. Casey sold her soul to the devil. As long as I know hell is waiting on her, I am ok.

Agreed - ICA will not live in disguise. We as a country are very forgiving and this verdict will blow over just as the Simpson verdict did. ICA could probably live very well in CA,OR,WA,NV, or AZ by just going by Marie instead of Casey. And there will be a man out there that will have her. Once TMZ/Radar Online gets their initial shots, life goes on. Just not for Caylee ...

I would like to point out that this was NOT a rushed trial. Had the media not built up the hype, this trial would have been over a long time ago.

It would have been tried a year after KC was charged, to a little after. It would have been the normal death penalty case taking only a week or two, including jury selection.

The three years wait, media hype, star studded befuddling by JB, and few other things delayed this until now.

The jury selection was more than adequate. The fact that the potential jurors either lied about their knowledge of case of their beliefs on the death penalty is not HHJP's fault. It is each individual that was chosens fault for lying. I do feel some of them were there for the money. That is also their fault. In every death penalty case, potential jurors are asked such a question.

If you tell a Judge you can consider the death penalty it is considered a truth. The Judge cannot know if you are lying, the State nor defense can know if you are lying.

This entire ordeal is a mess, the trial was a painful thing to watch and was embarrassing to most in the field given some of the things that were witnessed.

It was also nearly impossible to follow, there is no way the jurors kept up with who did what when, what evidence was just what. Most of the evidence was discussed at sidebar and both sides did a good job knocking each others witnesses out of the credibility realm. After a certain point, no one could keep up if they did not have all this time to read about it here and elsewhere.

The jurors went in knowing what they would do, at least the strongest personalities amongst them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member