2011.07.11- 07.18 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
right and if the supposed reason of casey partying behavior was due to the sexual abuse , and there was no evidence of the abuse that JB was not even allowed to bring it up in the closing staement , then how then do you explain away the behavior
its maddening

I don't know how sexual abuse could ever be linked to her behavior because that would be most unusual. However, her behavior before and after the death didn't actually change if you have looked at her myspace page, except she no longer had to pay any attention to CA's calls to come home and look after Caylee. She had her freedom and could do as she pleased - such as stay in bed all day with her bf the day after Caylee went missing.

Pretty heady stuff for a young woman who felt trapped by the needs of a young child.

I do not sympathise with the jury, not one bit. Yes they had a job to do but they did not do their job to the best of their ability. The evidence was there for all to see, yes it was circumstantial but it was there nonetheless. To not even find her guilty of the lesser charges is just wrong. If they had spent a bit more time, looked at the instructions, the 6 jurors who thought she was guilty should have stood their ground and we may have had a mistrial.

OMG all those times JB asked for a mistrial, how I wish JP had given them what they wanted.

I will never get over this decision. I haven't been following this case as intensely as some of you have but I have followed it from day 1 right through, I missed a few bits in the 2nd year of the case due to health and personal reasons but I never, ever, for one minute thought Casey would be found not guilty. I have to pinch myself to remind me I am not dreaming.......this is a nightmare that we will not wake from!!

Poor, poor Caylee. I hope one day Caylee comes face to face with her mother and asks her WHY! Until that day I hope Casey has a horrible existence, she deserves to be treated like the murdering monster that she is.

Maybe they didn't expect all the hostility and anger and even threats that have been thrown at them since the minute the verdict was announced. No one knows what this woman has faced, since she went home. Maybe she's watched t.v. since then and saw the angry lynch mob with the rude and ugly signs people were holding up, so now she's in fear for her safety. I could not blame her at all, because it makes me so sad to see people acting like those crazy protestors have been. Good Lord, what a waste of energy!!
And oh, yeah, the media is really helping a lot.... whipping the crazies into a frenzy... they need to just back off and let it go. Accept it and move on.
HLN was replaying some of the trial today. Smart move. Keep the people motivated... it's insane!!

So far, 3 or 4 have already spoken out and identified themselves. No harm was done to them as far as I know.

I agree with those who believe it's not really fear she's experiencing. It's probably shame and guilt. If that's the case, I hope she gets some needed help so she can move on with her life.

The jury has not been made public except for those that decided to do interviews. So Juror 12 decides that she needs to leave the state "for her safety" and her husband decides that it is a good idea to talk to the media about his wife leaving? Husband must not like his wife very much to "out" her like that to the media. If the wife knew that this would be the reaction to the verdict that the jury came to and she did not agree with the verdict, then why not hold out and hang the jury? Is she really more afraid of 11 other people that were on the jury with her than she is the rest of the state (nation or counrty for that matter) that she decided to just go along with the not guilty verdict? From what I read no one has threatened this juror, we don't even know who she is, and yet she "fled the state" anyway.....WITHOUT her husband. Seems rather odd to me that this woman is so afraid that she had to leave the state but not afraid enough to take her husband with her. Maybe (and this is just my opinion and thoughts about it) juror 12 wanted to get away from her husband before she was on this jury and this was the perfect way to leave without it being "her fault". :shrug:

Sometimes you have to face your fears. If she is truthful, honest and not ashamed about the verdict, she shouldn't feel threatened, imo. People may not like her decision but I don't think anyone is going to put a bullet through her head, imo.

Good grief. This wasn't a mobster trial. Casey Anthony is no John Gotti. lol

And they were asked this question at jury selection - were they prepared to face their friends, co-workers and family in their community if their verdict was not a popular one. Look at Jennifer Ford - she's happy with their decision and enjoyed her trip to Disneyland.....

..reply to a post from the previous sidebar thread--

..when the defense and prosecution were hammering out the jury instructions, the defense wanted this "special finding" included as to count 3--aggravated manslaughter ( where they also were given the "lesser" option of manslaughter.)

..we the jury find that kc was A caregiver of caylee at the time of the offense.
..we the jury find that kc was not A caregiver of caylee at the time of the offense.

..apparently even this ---was her own mother a caregiver of her own child ??????--was too much for these jurors to determine.

http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2011/0704/28442335.pdf
----page 3 and 4 of the jury verdict form

I interpret this as the jury not believing Casey had anything to do with Caylee's death. Whether it was a drowning or not. They felt George and/or Cindy were negligent. Caylee drowned herself.

Cindy left the ladder up, down, up...err down and George hid the body.

IMO

---i should have quoted all of what juror #2 said in the article:
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/0...prosecutors-where-was-the-evidence/?hpt=ju_t2

Juror No.2, who the Times reported is a black male, married and a father of two young children, said he was the last holdout on the jury who wanted to convict Anthony on a lesser charge of aggravated manslaughter, which would have carried a prison term of up to 15 years, according to the newspaper.

The prosecution's inability to prove who was Caylee's caretaker at the time of her death, Casey Anthony or the girl's grandparents, doomed the manslaughter charge, Juror No. 2 said.

----for him------he did believe that kc should be found guilty of count 3 : aggravated manslaughter , except he couldn't figure out if she was a caregiver at the time or not------and so couldn't go with that decision.

----how is it POSSIBLE that he was ready to convict her on manslaughter ( and then could not decide if she was a caregiver of caylee at the time????? so was convinced by the other 11 to drop it.)-----and he did.

The jury has not been made public except for those that decided to do interviews. So Juror 12 decides that she needs to leave the state "for her safety" and her husband decides that it is a good idea to talk to the media about his wife leaving? Husband must not like his wife very much to "out" her like that to the media. If the wife knew that this would be the reaction to the verdict that the jury came to and she did not agree with the verdict, then why not hold out and hang the jury? Is she really more afraid of 11 other people that were on the jury with her than she is the rest of the state (nation or counrty for that matter) that she decided to just go along with the not guilty verdict? From what I read no one has threatened this juror, we don't even know who she is, and yet she "fled the state" anyway.....WITHOUT her husband. Seems rather odd to me that this woman is so afraid that she had to leave the state but not afraid enough to take her husband with her. Maybe (and this is just my opinion and thoughts about it) juror 12 wanted to get away from her husband before she was on this jury and this was the perfect way to leave without it being "her fault". :shrug:

Hmm - :waitasec: didn't the news article say she didn't "leave" - she didn't go home at all? She telephoned in her job resignation, left the state and wasn't sure if she was ever coming back?

Seems to me, the media was calling her home, and the husband said she isn't here, she doesn't think it safe to return and she has left the state(to go and stay with relatives?)?

I saw others have posted about the jury foreman being on Greta tonight.
Here is a link that has some of what he talks about.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/071111-casey-anthony-trial-jury-foreman-speaks-out

I find all the jurors comments disturbing..so pathetic...

I do not agree with any of the threats and such against them, the Anthonys or ICA

OMG then WHY DID YOU SIGN THE *&^%$%^& FORM, MISTER 11?? didnt you hear your conscience screaming for you to listen???

:sick:

Good points. You're right. Maybe it's not the public she's running away from, it's her husband. :floorlaugh:

I interpret this as the jury not believing Casey had anything to do with Caylee's death. Whether it was a drowning or not. They felt George and/or Cindy were negligent. Caylee drowned herself.

Cindy left the ladder up, down, up...err down and George hid the body.

IMO

Did the jury not hear Cindy's frantic 911 call???
And the duct tape...drowning does not associate with duct tape around that baby's face..... I'm sorry but the jurors were idiots IMO!!! They put no thought whatsoever into their verdict....
And JP did everything he could to make them comfortable knowing how much of an inconvenience it was was to them...they did not do their job...they rushed to judgement to get the he$$ out of Dodge...
Well now they have to live with this for the rest of their lives........so be it!!!

I wish they would have each been sent home with an 8x10 pic of little Caylee.............those beautiful brown eyes looking at them...

Just to raise another question - where the heck is Baez these days? I'm guessing he is sitting back waiting for the juicy interviews to come rolling in - you know - not doing the everyday garden variety interviews so as to keep himself special and removed so getting an interview with him would be something special.

Yes, I understand Barbara Walters had him on, but when did Barbara ever ask a tough question. What? No big offers yet? Huh! I hope he doesn't think being on Geraldo is "special". He might as well go on Jerry Springer for free - same diff! :floorlaugh:

ER...also wanting to point out I am pretty joyful not to hear his voice or see his face anywhere right now - or anytime in the future.

Just to raise another question - where the heck is Baez these days? I'm guessing he is sitting back waiting for the juicy interviews to come rolling in - you know - not doing the everyday garden variety interviews so as to keep himself special and removed so getting an interview with him would be something special.

Yes, I understand Barbara Walters had him on, but when did Barbara ever ask a tough question. What? No big offers yet? Huh! I hope he doesn't think being on Geraldo is "special". He might as well go on Jerry Springer for free - same diff! :floorlaugh:

ER...also wanting to point out I am pretty joyful not to hear his voice or see his face anywhere right now - or anytime in the future.

The very thought of his smirk makes me ill..........

Maybe he's busy looking for psychiatrists to "cure" his sociopathic client and looking for a place for her to stay................far, far ....very far away from him and his family.

I personally think the only person who has the guts to interview Baez as he should be interviewed is Kathi Belich..

Hmm - :waitasec: didn't the news article say she didn't "leave" - she didn't go home at all? She telephoned in her job resignation, left the state and wasn't sure if she was ever coming back?

Seems to me, the media was calling her home, and the husband said she isn't here, she doesn't think it safe to return and she has left the state(to go and stay with relatives?)?

That article does not say that she didn't go home at all. It says that she called her work to retire, over the phone. It says that she left the state. It says that she couldn't face the people that she worked with. It says that her husband has an envelope full of letters from different media asking for interviews (that he has kept).

From the article:

Juror number 12 left Florida. Her husband, fighting back tears, tells NBC News he’s not sure when she’ll return to her home in Florida.

Why? He says she fears half of her co-workers want her head on a platter.

The others may understand what she did, but she didn’t want to face them.

In a back room, the husband has a manila envelope filled with letters.

Each is a request from a different news organization asking Juror number 12 for an interview.

Now one would have to ask themselves Why would a person that is in fear of his wifes life keep those letters from the media?!? Could it be that the husband and/or wife is hoping that things will die down some and then contact some of those media to do an interview to make some money?!? If Juror 12 could not live with the verdict that she gave then perhaps she should have held out and not caved. Unless of course she agreed with the verdict all along and thought that people would be showering her with roses and words of thanks instead of the disgust that juror 12 was one of the 12 that let a woman who murdered her daughter go free.

perhaps he is at home begging his wife to not leave him, since he is stuck with ICA for like, ever :D

Did the jury not hear Cindy's frantic 911 call???
And the duct tape...drowning does not associate with duct tape around that baby's face..... I'm sorry but the jurors were idiots IMO!!! They put no thought whatsoever into their verdict....
And JP did everything he could to make them comfortable knowing how much of an inconvenience it was was to them...they did not do their job...they rushed to judgement to get the he$$ out of Dodge...
Well now they have to live with this for the rest of their lives........so be it!!!

I wish they would have each been sent home with an 8x10 pic of little Caylee.............those beautiful brown eyes looking at them...

Unfortunately, the jurors are pretty happy with their decision and don't seem to be bothered by the outrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth