2011.07.11 Greta Van Sustern interview with Jury Foreperson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. You got it right, katydid. Here it is (in context):

"You know, when it came to -- and this may be snowballing into a whole 'nother question that you may have for me but you know, with George, with the can, the selective memory, the way that he handled the tow yard incident, the -- you know, River Cruz, the lady that he could have had an extramarital affair with -- it raised questions. It really did.
VAN SUSTEREN: Raised questions about his character, or whether he had some involvement in the death of his granddaughter?
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Really both for me, character as far as the fact that he could be possibly lying. Also, the fact that his involvement was going to be in question because he was there on the 15th. He was the -- you know, he can tell you exactly when Casey and Caylee left. How do we know that that is -- that that is right? So it questioned a lot for us. It really questioned a lot.
VAN SUSTEREN: To the point where he would let his daughter face the possibility of execution?
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes. I really can't answer that question, but it was -- you know, it was something that we felt, you know, we need to take a close look at with George.
VAN SUSTEREN: Did anybody think George was a believable, out of the 12 you? Anyone thing George was believable or credible, or were otherwise likewise suspicious of him?
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There was a suspicion of him. That as -- that was a part of our conversation that we had of the -- well, what I'd call the round robin topics that we had when we were doing deliberation. That was brought up.
VAN SUSTEREN: Suspicious that he was involved in covering up the death, suspicious involved with the -- an accidental death, or suspicious he was a murder?
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: All three.
VAN SUSTEREN: Really, that he was a murderer?
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: All three. We don't know. We don't know. The suspicions were raised.
VAN SUSTEREN: In the deliberation room?
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We talked about it in deliberation. Yes, I can go a little more in depth into what we did in the deliberation room since I was the one who had to orchestrate the whole situation.
(END VIDEOTAPE)

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-th...e-and-suspicions-george-anthony#ixzz1S1gvJWnn

Yes, I can go a little more in depth into what we did in the deliberation room since I was the one who had to orchestrate the whole situation. He orchestrated alright, he orchestrated a travesty of justice.

Holy carp! Did they need to be stroked and babied to that extent? And it worked?! That truly frightens me. JB Eddie Haskelled them and it worked. *SMH*

Yes, they did. I read it somewhere on this board and then Joyce B brought it up on her show tonight. It appears the State not saying good morning and afternoon every day affected them. The state always acknowledged them and I'm pretty sure I heard JA say good morning/afternoon but maybe he wasn't peppy enough. Or it didn't come from the depths of his soul and you know foreman knows these things. Now obviously I have no idea if this would affect me as I've never been on a jury but I'd like to think I'm not that superficial.

He said "good morning" and "good afternoon" every single day! They developed an ever lasting bond! Those evil ASA's didn't. It seems that a lot of this stuff was really just that simple.

JA and LDB were too smart for the jurors to follow while JB dumbed everything down. I thought that would be insulting to the jury but as it turns out they related to that. :/

That exactly it! Except I don't think JB had to dumb it down. He gave it all he had, thinking he was extremely hi tech and scientifically thorough. He was on the same intellectual wavelength as the jurors. IMO.

Hmm. NG was off toniht and looks like she will be for 2 more nights. I wonder if she is dong an interview with the A's or juror 4...

I wish but I don't see anyone having the guts to face her. At least not the jurors. The A's might; she'd totally sugarcoat everything for them.

I find it very hard to believe that all 12 of these jurors believed a guy who 1) does not even know how to enter a piece of evidence into the record and has to be told by the judge how 2)who asks a police officer if they ask a stupid question like-did you ask KC if she committed suicide 3) my favorite-I know it did not happen in front of the jury,but I so wished it did..Mr.Beaz-what is 21-7--I DON'T KNOW-LOLOL

I don't think it had anything to do with believing Jose.

I think the leaders of the jury identified with Jose and Casey.

They identified with with "stupid" and "liar".

I smell a rat! some times things are not as they seem. This 11th juror is very suspicious. something is not right! who is this guy? who does is he know? how did he get called for jury duty?

Well, we'll know who, when they release the names, but in the meantime, maybe we need to re-listen to the voir dire of him. Here is a site that has the whole trial on video, including the jury selection. I don't have time, but maybe someone else here has time to hunt it down.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...ection-court-proceedings-and-testimony-videos

That exactly it! Except I don't think JB had to dumb it down. He gave it all he had, thinking he was extremely hi tech and scientifically thorough. He was on the same intellectual wavelength as the jurors. IMO.

Good point. So sad.

rooting for the Underdog Effect

Watching the shrink Krop on Dr. Drew.

I have a feeling he closes his eyes when he lies. LOL LOL

I like GVS, but tonight she might just as well have asked 11 about his favorite color.

She didn't need to. He made it abundantly clear his favorite color is gray.

When ICA is in jail for commiting her next crime (and she will) I hope they look up these same jurors for their reactions/comments. I don't think they'll be quite as willing to go 'On the Record' as they are now.

She didn't need to. He made it abundantly clear his favorite color is gray.

When ICA is in jail for commiting her next crime (and she will) I hope they look up these same jurors for their reactions/comments. I don't think they'll be quite as willing to go 'On the Record' as they are now.

I don't think they'll care. It won't be their problem. They'll blame the state. Afterall, the state didn't make it clear enough for them. They shouldn't have to connect dots and think things out. The proof should be right there for them. It'll be all LDB, JA and FG';s fault. Although FG will probably get a pass since I doubt the jurors even knew who he was.

Yes, I can go a little more in depth into what we did in the deliberation room since I was the one who had to orchestrate the whole situation. He orchestrated alright, he orchestrated a travesty of justice.

Aha! Like his word jumbles throughout the interview, he got his jobs mixed up?
Orchestrate:
Arrange or direct the elements of (a situation) to produce a desired effect, esp. surreptitiously

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/orchestrate?region=us

Foreperson : The jury foreperson's duty is to preside and see that discussion during deliberations is carried on in a free and orderly manner, that the case and issues are fully and freely discussed, and that every juror is given a chance to participate in the discussion. As the deliberations conclude, the foreperson counts the votes and completes and signs the verdict form.

http://www.metaglossary.com/meanings/2749813/

I don't think it had anything to do with believing Jose.

I think the leaders of the jury identified with Jose and Casey.

They identified with with "stupid" and "liar".

Yes, and I think it was even more than that. I believe Jose played the underdog hand to the hilt. All the way down to the detail of his crumpled manilla paper tripod and squeaky writing sticks. "See, even the state's attorneys are laughing at me." (Never mind the faces he and CM were constantly pulling.) Even his lack of knowledge worked to his advantage this way, just like that bumbling tv detective who always wore the raincoat. He so connected with this jury whose foreperson aspires to be a special ed teacher, a couple nurses (I think), a chef, a supermarket cook . . . All people who are in "caring" positions. People who help people.

Yep, they identified alright. moo.

He thinks she was in the trunk? Thinks? Gee I don't know but I'd say the hair with a deathband around it makes it clear she was. Call me crazy. And they don't know who was her caretaker? Here's a wild guess...her freakin' MOTHER.

From someone who thinks he's so smart he has no idea how badly he was played. You had proof right in front of you that everything she says is a lie and self serving and you still couldn't figure out that she killed that baby and put her in the trunk? Did you see the Anthonys partying away for 31 days? Did you see the panic of GA and CA and even LA to a lesser extent?

The interesting thing about this juror was that on July 5 one of the commentators on In Session stated that they thought juror #11 was a good candidate for foreman. That commentator said that if it was him (Juror 11) 'deliberations will be quicker and pretty efficient.'

Apparently the commentators felt he was engaged, involved, efficient and organized and therefore would bring a quick result. Well he did and now people "can't understand it". Guess he was quick and efficient. Good for him.

Watching the shrink Krop on Dr. Drew.

I have a feeling he closes his eyes when he lies. LOL LOL

Bravo, Dr Fessel. I know how much you must be restraining yourself because I watched him earlier. I loled so hard I had to run all the way to the bathroom! :cheerful:
:escape:​

http://***************************/2011/07/-of-jury-foremans.html

I found this quite interesting

Yes, and I think it was even more than that. I believe Jose played the underdog hand to the hilt. All the way down to the detail of his crumpled manilla paper tripod and squeaky writing sticks. "See, even the state's attorneys are laughing at me." (Never mind the faces he and CM were constantly pulling.) Even his lack of knowledge worked to his advantage this way, just like that bumbling tv detective who always wore the raincoat. He so connected with this jury whose foreperson aspires to be a special ed teacher, a couple nurses (I think), a chef, a supermarket cook . . . All people who are in "caring" positions. People who help people.

Yep, they identified alright. moo.

Yes. I agree. This was exactly my fear. Funny thing, on Day 16, I too referenced Columbo ... I had to post a disclaimer with it back then.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6659047&postcount=718"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.06.11 TRIAL Day Sixteen (Morning Session Only)[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TRussell