2011.07.11 HLN & FOX News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where Greta HAD to say what about the PROOF she was at work when the search(s) were made!! But she did NOT! Totally useless interviewer.

Greta is not good at asking follow-up questions. Used to drive me nuts when she'd interview Joran van der Sloot. These jurors did not listen to one thing the prosecution said. I wonder why?

THe foreman did mention at the very start of the interview "he really didn't follow the case after the first couple of weeks." Then he went on to elaborate on why the DT opening statement was shocking.
Sorry, I left that out.

How could he agree to be the foreman of this jury if he didn't follow after the first couple of weeks? OMG..this just gets worse and worse.

What is the Statement analysis blog?

I dont know if we can directly link to blogs but if you google Seamus Oriley it will take you to Statement Analysis. they believe they can indicate when someone is lying by taking apart their sentences word for word. They can explain it better than me.

That's my thought as well. Most of he IVs prob took place in the house. They were most interested in getting ICA's statements at that time and initially believed she was kidnapped as they bought into the lies. Some of them might have passed the car and some didn't early on.

I think the foreman used that to disregard the evidence.

GA smelled the car
The tow yard guy smelled the car.
LA smelled the car.
Cadavar dogs smelled the car.
Dr VASS
Hair banding in the car
Coffin fly in the car
adipose in the car
And most compelling "THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG TODAY. WE HAVE A CHILD MISSING AND IT SMELLS LIKE THERE'S BEEN A DEAD BODY IN THE DAMN CAR."

How could a few LE not smelling it dismiss all that?

I'm debated out Jbean :) Above anything dealing with the smell, I trust the dogs...I believe in them more than people..even my own little dog will give me a look of guilt when he's done something wrong, along with putting his tail between his legs and rolling over to be petted on his tummy..just because he knows that mommy is mad.. The canines had no reason to hide anything or lie to their owners, they just wanted to be praised. :(
Oh! Don't get me wrong! I am more than satisfied that there was decomp odor in the car, no doubt about it.
This was just one of those perplexing issues early on,but subsequently through additional documentation and depositions, enough people reported it that this became a moot point to me.
I did find it interesting that it struck a chord with the juror though and that it was prompted my comment.
I think this is some of the early conversation though. I agree there is nothing left to debate regarding the odor. :)
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92537&highlight=pontiac

Aww... those poor, deprived jurors. They had to suffer so staying in a dump like that. Never having special outings or special dinners arranged for them. Not having anyone willing to go to a great deal of trouble so they could watch their home team play soccer. Never having special treats or deserts. No movies specially selected for them. Shoot, they even had to ask for pretizels. The horror of it all!!

I know everyone is very upset about the Casey Anthony verdict…but can we get one thing straight? Fox did NOT pay him for an interview. In peoples’ upsets, they can start making stuff up or even peddling false rumors….

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2011/07/11/we-didnt-pay-him/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnewsinsider%2Fgretawire+%28Gretawire%29&utm_content=Twitter

There are many forms of 'payment', Doc. I'm just sayin'...

Juror #11 is a very manipulative, <modsnip>. He manipulated Greta by telling her what questions she needed to ask him next. I'd like to say I'm surprised that a seasoned interviewer (and lawyer, no less) would allow that, but alas... I'm so not!

But hey... he's really good at reading people and ICA was sincere in his opinion. So there ya go. She's a proven liar. Her own attorney wailed on and on about what a liar she is. But he thinks she's sincere. Whatever, dude.

He felt sorry for CA which equates to she wasn't lying about the chloroform searches. WTF?

If he's so proud and confident in his decison, why is he afraid to show his face? <modsnip>!!

Every day I think I've reached my disgust max. Every day I'm wrong.

cindy cleaned that car . Placed an entire can of febreeze and sealed it up before LE arrived. Instead of asking why they didn't smell it, we should be asking why cindy didn't open the car and let them smell it.

She deflected everything. She even had the young officer outside trying to tell him casey stole her credit card and showed him receipts. She didn't even tell him about Caylee.

cindy regretted the call after it was made and did everything in her power to steer them from the car. She is a piece of work.That is why she needs a full time attorney to cover her butt 24/7.

Greta is not good at asking follow-up questions. Used to drive me nuts when she'd interview Joran van der Sloot. These jurors did not listen to one thing the prosecution said. I wonder why?

I quit watching Greta when she interviewed Howard K Stern and let him get away with lie after lie after lie.

I remember a tweet during the trial right after George's suicide attempt came to light. One juror mouthed "wow" to another juror. I was worried the suicide could appear as guilt to the jurors and thought it was a bad sign. Then I thought about Baez's opening statement, those ridiculous witnesses, and the crazy questioning by the DT and felt confident again. Little did we know that "wow" meant they were keeping close tabs on George. Justice never had a chance.

:clap:
Watching GVS's interview of the juror, head honcho, tonight absolutely wounded my heart. But Cheney Mason's remarks that followed turned my stomach. I should have turned the channel on my TV before GVS's panel tried to give the jury laurels for having done their duty (while one of those same TH admitted they may have gotten it all wrong).

I just don't understand why anyone is trying to make me feel guilty for being critical and disappointed in the jury's decision just because they (the jury) did their best. Yes, it is our system, may be better than most but it did not bring justice in this case.

The defense was immoral, the witnesses lied and were ham-strung between perjuring themselves and telling the truth, the prosecution may have overestimated the make-up of the jury, the judge may have been overly attentive to schedules, finances and possible appellate issues and the defendant certainly played to the jurors.

It all culminated into the perfect storm. But please don't try to make me feel guilty for being disappointed that the jury, our last stopgap and final word on justice got it all wrong. Their interviews, given freely, show a lack of understanding of the requirements of the charges and the rules of evidence. They have made it sound as though their hands were tied by the way they interpreted the rules. I believe their understanding was wrong and their reasoning was faulty.

I wish they would all stop giving interviews because, for me, they just keep compounding their failure.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Everything you said!

I will never watch CM again. When he comes on the tv I will immediately turn the channel.

Maybe the combination of airing the car trunk out and the use of Febreeze and dryer sheets disguised it, seeming more like a garbage smell together with the desperate focus of trying to find Caylee and the lies? I truly believe that LE were convinced at first that ICA was holding Caylee with a friend to spite CA due to a dispute.

I don't think that it was until later that it was realized that Caylee was not being hidden by ICA or kidnapped by ZFG.

I think the odor in the trunk got bad when closed for a period and first opened but wasn't as bad once aired out.

In the summer if I keep the house closed up all day with my dogs inside, I get a bad doggie smell when I come in the front door. So I use Febreze and open all of the doors and get some air circulating, and it goes away. [ kind of...]

Anyway, Cindy used a whole spray can of Febreze right before the cops came over. No wonder they didn't smell it right then.

Watching GVS's interview of the juror, head honcho, tonight absolutely wounded my heart. But Cheney Mason's remarks that followed turned my stomach. I should have turned the channel on my TV before GVS's panel tried to give the jury laurels for having done their duty (while one of those same TH admitted they may have gotten it all wrong).

I just don't understand why anyone is trying to make me feel guilty for being critical and disappointed in the jury's decision just because they (the jury) did their best. Yes, it is our system, may be better than most but it did not bring justice in this case.

The defense was immoral, the witnesses lied and were ham-strung between perjuring themselves and telling the truth, the prosecution may have overestimated the make-up of the jury, the judge may have been overly attentive to schedules, finances and possible appellate issues and the defendant certainly played to the jurors.

It all culminated into the perfect storm. But please don't try to make me feel guilty for being disappointed that the jury, our last stopgap and final word on justice got it all wrong. Their interviews, given freely, show a lack of understanding of the requirements of the charges and the rules of evidence. They have made it sound as though their hands were tied by the way they interpreted the rules. I believe their understanding was wrong and their reasoning was faulty.

I wish they would all stop giving interviews because, for me, they just keep compounding their failure.

Thank you so much for this post, ExpectingUnicorns! You have stated exactly as I feel. My heart is wounded as well, and I am sickened by CM's comments.

GB you!

Maybe I'll buy the book from the juror who titles their book:

"He Had Us At *advertiser censored*"

Jose read these jurors like a book.

:cow:

I would love to hear juror #4's thoughts. She was the one most worried about.

Something tells me that she would be the one to tell the true story of what went on in that deliberation room.

I wouldn't doubt that she was one of the two who originally voted guilty for first degree.

cindy cleaned that car . Placed an entire can of febreeze and sealed it up before LE arrived. Instead of asking why they didn't smell it, we should be asking why cindy didn't open the car and let them smell it.

She deflected everything. She even had the young officer outside trying to tell him casey stole her credit card and showed him receipts. She didn't even tell him about Caylee.

cindy regretted the call after it was made and did everything in her power to steer them from the car. She is a piece of work.That is why she needs a full time attorney to cover her butt 24/7.
Well, George did direct Yuri to it...immediately.

I cannot be made to believe that a 6-6 vote on the lesser charge on the morning of the verdict went to straight 12-0 as fast as it did. I do believe that getting out of there and going home was a motivator, but there was something more..something secret, something that all of them agreed to, and I think this came way before they heard the first word of any opening statement.

It sickens me to know that there were Mother's on this jury, especially the older women who have raised children and have grandchildren. I do not understand where their minds were during this trial, unless it was geared towards their own selfishness and what they will gain once they all followed through on whatever deal they conjured up with one another.

Juror #1: (F) Retired nurse. 2 children, 3 gradchildren.

Juror #3: Nursing school student. No children (thank God)

Juror #5: Retired hospital nurses aid. 3 children, grandchildren.

Juror #7: Child welfare administration aid.

Scary, huh?

smb

I thought his response to that Q was "yes" :waitasec:

Well, what I quoted was what he said. "I can't really answer that question"

You and I can infer his no meant yes, as evidently he/they thought that GA would lie even though his daughter was facing the a death sentence. The foreman basically admitted that the jury deliberated on George's involvement...the Foreman seemed to think that GA lied, hid, and possibly had more involvement than that when it came to Caylee's death.

Yes, even though the Foreman said he couldn't answer Greta's question. He essentially did answer "yes" IMO. By deliberating on GA's guilt, it would have to be under the assumption that GA would let his daughter be possibly sentenced to death, to save his own skin?

I am tired, so I apologize if I am not clear...

One of our esteemed members here called the interview doublespeak I believe

I wonder if the jury considered this in deliberations. Has it been mentioned yet by any jurors that have spoken? I missed parts of Greta's interview tonight. Was it mentioned then?

That some smelled the decomp while others did not? YES! The foreman said they found that strange & it did play a role in deliberations.

Emotion, yes. Strange that many are stating that the public is going on emotion, but the Foreman seemed to reject the hard evidence that did not support the DT opening statement. He instead used "speculation" as he mentioned the word a few times in his interview.

#11 dissed the SA's case as speculation. But, everything #11 said about his own reasoning was based on his own speculations. He uses the word "speculation" unfairly against the SA. And, in the same breath he mentions his own speculations regarding GA. I don't think even JB suggested that GA murdered Caylee. Where did #1 get that idea?

We will probably hear from more of the jurors as time goes by. I am starting to think that there is an explanation for the outcome. The theory is this: <modsnip>

Y'all can't keep dismissing the fact that the car smelled and LE did nothing about it on that first night. It's in the 911 call, the car smells like a dead body. George told the police that night that the car smelled like human decomp.

There was a child missing and either they ignored the car and didn't investigate it or it didn't smell as bad as everyone said it did. If they ignored it then that was a mistake. If it didn't smell like decomp then they shouldn't have said it did.

So who thinks it was what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member