2011.07.16 - Lightning strikes in front of OC Jail

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is what it looks like nearly every afternoon in the summer here and exactly what it looked like at my own house on the same day.

I know that the lightning strikes and ominous clouds look threatening to many of you who live outside our area but this is typical for us in Central Florida. Just as the midwest deals with tornadoes, the west coast with earthquakes, and the southern plain states with dust storms, we live with lightning and a lot of it. I doubt if Casey gives it a second thought. I know I don't as I'm used to it. The only people who seems to be reporting on the "unusual" weather are the news reporters who don't live here.

People are killed here every single summer from lightning---innocent people like young kids playing soccer.

Two things:

ONE: I am in North Florida, and this is the first time in over a year that we have gotten steady rain. I am so thrilled to see our regular "monsoon" season return. When I returned to Florida 7 years ago, the daily thunderstorms would flood the area to the point that people were catching bass that were swimming in the streets downtown.

My SO's mother, possibly the kindest woman alive, is terrified of lightning. She is a Florida native and has been struck twice in her life

Why does the fact that people take comfort in this bother you so bad???

If you don't believe, so be it.

Really!!!!! This site is for victims of crime. Of course most of us take comfort in these lightning strikes as "signs."

We can go tit for tat all day, but for the most part God is not some mean jerk who goes around using lighting to kill people out of spite. I mean did her plane get shot down by lightening last night? Right after the verdict was read, did she get struck down, I mean stuff like that would make me say, jeez, okie dokie then! But acting like lightening striking in Florida is a rare occurrence is really reaching to prove God is mad. If he was so mad she would be on death row.

Don't know if this has already been posted.....but kinda makes the point that God is not/was not sending any kind of message with this or the "supposed" strike of the tree on Suburban.

http://www.worldweatherpost.com/2011/07/08/media-vs-casey-anthony-lightning-strike/

snipped:
the Orlando area gets around 30 cloud-to-ground strikes (“flashes”) per year for each square mile (almost “off the scale”) which means if lightning were to strike a tree anywhere, it probably would do it there. Tens of millions of lightning strikes hit in the U.S. each year, according to data from Vaisala and many of them involve trees. I would guess that you could find similar tree damage on every block in Orlando.

In fact the strongest storm day in the past three years featured 1 million lightning strikes hitting the United States in two days! With that many lightning strikes, there are many, many things going on around trees that are hit. The rub is that Orlando happens to have the highest lightning rate in our country, so everything that happens there happens around lightning sometimes.

Really!!!!! This site is for victims of crime. Of course most of us take comfort in these lightning strikes as "signs."

I agree. And this case has ripped many of our hearts out!
So taking comfort from a lightning strike or two is great. We need comfort.

I don't see why this should bother anybody.

Not taking my comfort!!!
I believe those strikes were a sign.

Did not read the article yet, but I have a question.

How can anybody say or make the point that God is not/was not sending any kind of message with this???

How can anybody know that???

They can't KNOW....just as no one can KNOW that God is sending a sign. The article gives pure scientific data that Orlando has more lightning strikes annually than anywhere in the USA. I have a tree in my yard with EXACTLY the same kind of mark on it, and I most certainly didn't take it as a sign from God about anything! I assure you all of my children are alive and well and attending church on this Sunday morning!

My title says it all.

Justice is not hating a person. Love the sinner hate the sin. Love your brother as you would want to be loved in return. Forgive all who trespass against you. There are many biblical quotes that go against the actions of those who say they seek justice for Caylee.

I do NOT think Casey is an totally innocent young woman but I trust God will mete out justice to ALL OF US. Even those we sent to prison and gave a lethal injection to. God may have more punishment waiting or he may have forgiveness. It is HIS to do and not ours to question so go ahead disagree with Him on judgment day if he makes "unpopular rulings" just don't stand next to me when you do it.

I don't care if she makes millions from this. I have given it all up to God and trust he knows all facts and hearts. I will not engage in the hate mongering crowd who say they want justice. If man is imperfect then our judgments of our fellow man are also imperfect. If this were not true no innocent person would ever be convicted and all guilty persons would be apprehended and punished accordingly. There would be no unsolved cases.

And that is what it looks like nearly every afternoon in the summer here and exactly what it looked like at my own house on the same day.

I know that the lightning strikes and ominous clouds look threatening to many of you who live outside our area but this is typical for us in Central Florida. Just as the midwest deals with tornadoes, the west coast with earthquakes, and the southern plain states with dust storms, we live with lightning and a lot of it. I doubt if Casey gives it a second thought. I know I don't as I'm used to it. The only people who seems to be reporting on the "unusual" weather are the news reporters who don't live here.

People are killed here every single summer from lightning---innocent people like young kids playing soccer. Every day the theme parks here have to shut down their outdoor coasters until lightning passes through. Florida is the Lightning Capital of the U.S. and Central Florida, from Tampa to Titusville (which includes Orlando) is "Lightning Alley" in the U.S. Lightning is the #1 weather killer in Florida - more than all other weather deaths combined. I doubt that any of these deaths occurred to murderers that God was striking down. It is what it is.

If God did work that way, my prayer would have been that Casey was hit by lightning before she had a chance to kill poor Caylee. I am comforted in the fact that Casey will pay for this horrible deed either on this earth or on the other side.

It is true that nearly every afternoon of Orlando summer there is a horrendous, gotta-stop-the-car-can't-even-pretend-to-see downpour.

I worked the 3-11 shift one summer. I learned to be at work by 2:30, or else be 20 minutes late.

:D

Never-the-less, the geographic & timing coincidences of theses lightening strikes are poetic thoughts to hold in hopes that some higher power, Nature, Karma or otherwise, has not forgotten sweet Caylee's justice.

(Perhaps Caylee's justice will be natural and poetic after all.)

It is true that nearly every afternoon of Orlando summer there is a horrendous, gotta-stop-the-car-can't-even-pretend-to-see downpour.

I worked the 3-11 shift one summer. I learned to be at work by 2:30, or else be 20 minutes late.

:D

Never-the-less, the geographic & timing coincidences of theses lightening strikes are poetic thoughts to hold in hopes that some higher power, Nature, Karma or otherwise, has not forgotten sweet Caylee's justice.

(Perhaps Caylee's justice will be natural and poetic after all.)

Great post Emma.

Each person is free to believe as they want, but personally I prefer to believe that this was just as random as it is when a lightning strike kills a child on a baseball field or a grandfather on the golf course or as in the case of a person that I know, a teenager leaning against a car in a parking lot. I just don't believe God used lightning to kill them on purpose, or that he "comments" on legal cases.

jmo

I wish that God would strike down every murderer of children or even adults so why would he just home in on Casey instead of the thousands of other child murderers? My personal belief is that they will all pay one way or another in this life or after. If it gives you comfort to believe that God is going after Casey, then so be it, but I think He cares for all victims not just Caylee. I stand by my statement that this year is not any different lightning-wise than any other year in Central Florida (can't speak for those who live in other parts of the state.)

i look at things a little different than some i guess. when the verdict was decided i was angry that Caylee wasn't getting justice. then the tree was hit by lightening. yes i believe in God, not making this about religion. i know some don't but whether you believe in God, or a higher power or karma it doesn't matter. to me this wasn't a sign for Casey but a sign at least for me, to me that i shouldn't worry Caylee isn't going to go without justice. that a Power a lot greater than ours will deal with it and that i can let my anger go. i know others that took it that way also. perhaps this lightening hitting in front of jail isn't a sign to Casey but a sign to perhaps those that are thinking of taking things into their own hands. to make them stop and think, to realise that nothing goes without being repaid be it now....or later. Caylee IS going to get justice. its just a matter of being patient and letting what is to be, be.

Did not read the article yet, but I have a question.

How can anybody say or make the point that God is not/was not sending any kind of message with this???

How can anybody know that???

I've lived in Florida for 35 years. I've had lightning dance across my range top, shoot flames out of my telephone and split a large oak tree in two in my backyard. I hadn't done anything to get anyone up above angry at me. It's just one of those things that happen in Florida.

I've lived in Florida for 35 years. I've had lightning dance across my range top, shoot flames out of my telephone and split a large oak tree in two in my backyard. I hadn't done anything to get anyone up above angry at me. It's just one of those things that happen in Florida.

It's all about timing.

And it's about people taking comfort in the power and energy of nature.
It's about people finding any kind if comfort they can in a horribly sad and disgusting situation.

JMO

It's all about timing.

And it's about people taking comfort in the power and energy of nature.
It's about people finding any kind if comfort they can in a horribly sad and disgusting situation.

JMO

Exactly...timing....and LOCATION.

:lol:

3 strikes? :eek:

I'd move out! :run:

Or go to confession, just in case. :innocent:

Or both, maybe. :run: :innocent:

(just kiddin' - thanks, your post made me smile!) :biggrin:

Why does the fact that people take comfort in this bother you so bad???

If you don't believe, so be it.

I am not bothered, I just think this is open to interpretation, and I don't think these strikes are anti Casey, I think its a message to others to let this go and stop the hatred, does that bother you?

I am not bothered, I just think this is open to interpretation, and I don't think these strikes are anti Casey, I think its a message to others to let this go and stop the hatred, does that bother you?

No. You are free to believe what you want.

As are the rest of us.

My Momma always told me, it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member