2011.07.20 HLN & FOX News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank, Leila. I can't imagine what kind of person it takes to call and threaten someone they've never met. I'm filled with all kinds of dislike of CM, but I'd never wish him and his family harm and I'd certainly never threaten them.

CM has brought much of this on himself with his insults and gestures but, like any other person, he's entitled to police protection. I wonder if LE told him they'd be out promptly - in 31 days.

Yes, it's very wrong for anyone to harass or threaten them ...
On the other hand, Mason knew defending this client would come with all kinds of public scrutiny ... he's even spoken about his wife being shunned by acquaintances ...
And that was BEFORE the verdict !
but HE made the choice to stay one the team anyway !!
Which is why I don't feel sorry for them one single bit ...
I imagine in the Mason household, Cheney's ego trumps his wife's and family's well being ...
JMO

Charge them with making terrorist threats? That ain't gonna happen.

Here in California, if you threaten someone over the telephone or in a personal confrontation, it's termed "a terrorist threat", a felony, and upon conviction is punishable by time in jail and probation.

My ex-son-in-law threatened my daughter verbally and reached in her car and took her car keys out of the ignition. She called the police. He was arrested, charged, and convicted of "making terrorist threats", a felony. His jail sentence of 90 days was waived as he was ill and had gallbladder surgery scheduled for the week following sentencing. He got five (5) years probation and has to pay $6500.00 in court fines in addition to the probation fee of $125.00 per month.

Who'd a thunk it!! They put their money where their "mouth" was, and she, their big cash cow, is already dried up. What a waste. A huge waste. :razz:

I totally dont agree with the threats and I hate that his wife had to go through that. I dont believe CM's problems are coming from defending Casey, I think they are coming from his behaviors following the trial. He really needs to keep quiet and quit antagonizing people. He isnt getting to me but there are people out there who are only getting more angry when he calls them ignorant. Tension is way too high right now to behave like that. I think he has also put Casey in more danger with the way he has addressed the public.

Sorry, typo. His wife called 911 to report threatening phone calls she's been getting. She sounded terrified.

I expect it to be spun as this being Mason's fault.

Honestly, I'm not positive Mason even knows where Casey is. I would be amazed if she was at any property he owned. I know he's doing all the lectury press now but it looked like he was going to walk off the case a bit ago. remember the psych eval he demanded which was based on an "incident". He's doing press because it's good for him/PR. I'll add I really don't think DCS has any idea where she is. (got a bit annoyed when people where posting property details of their houses)

Only silver lining is there hasn't been any more violence. I do worry what will happen if someone spots Casey for "reals" or someone a lot of people think is her.

Do you really worry that much about these people? Just curious

Here in California, if you threaten someone over the telephone or in a personal confrontation, it's termed "a terrorist threat", a felony, and upon conviction is punishable by time in jail and probation.

My ex-son-in-law threatened my daughter verbally and reached in her car and took her car keys out of the ignition. She called the police. He was arrested, charged, and convicted of "making terrorist threats", a felony. His jail sentence of 90 days was waived as he was ill and had gallbladder surgery scheduled for the week following sentencing. He got five (5) years probation and has to pay $6500.00 in court fines in addition to the probation fee of $125.00 per month.

That's what it's referred to in Georgia as well. Years ago I had to file a restraining order against an ex. Among other stalker-y things he did, the ex tried to take control of my steering wheel while I was driving on the expressway so he could 'run us into a bridge support and kill us both'. Police officer recorded that in the report as a terroristic threat. Ex also did the yank the keys from the ignition thingy. There must be a 'how to be a horrendous man-bully' class offered somewhere. :furious:

They can't find out who posted the phone number ?
Probably JB hoping for more publicity
I kid
I kid
Well kinda ...

That's what it's referred to in Georgia as well. Years ago I had to file a restraining order against an ex. Among other stalker-y things he did, the ex tried to take control of my steering wheel while I was driving on the expressway so he could 'run us into a bridge support and kill us both'. Police officer recorded that in the report as a terroristic threat. Ex also did the yank the keys from the ignition thingy. There must be a 'how to be a horrendous man-bully' class offered somewhere. :furious:

:hug:

Another day another story and at this point I don't believe it. LE will take care of any 'real' threatening phone calls. Why did the media need to know? Why the hoax yesterday? I don't believe any well adjusted person who is angry at this verdict will harm anyone... but the way CM acted during & afterwards in both what he said and his photo salute to the very media they are playing to now is going to draw some odd people that probably didn't even follow the trial. moo

Oh glad I checked - no need for me to watch HLN tonight - what with CM being featured....:innocent:

A musing here. "IF" the Mason's phone number was put on Facebook, the whole U.S. would know about it in a few minutes.

So what is the phone number? Without a widespread phone number the story is definitely another sick hoax on the public.IMO

Oh Boo! May I suggest she put on her big girl panites? These people feel so entitled. None of those words would scare me. She lives in a Gated Communithy, FGS. They just want to keep this thing going, and going and going.

CM brags about carrying heat. He would scare me more than any of the words used on the phone calls, and she sleeps with him!

Another day another story and at this point I don't believe it. LE will take care of any 'real' threatening phone calls. Why did the media need to know? Why the hoax yesterday? I don't believe any well adjusted person who is angry at this verdict will harm anyone... but the way CM acted during & afterwards in both what he said and his photo salute to the very media they are playing to now is going to draw some odd people that probably didn't even follow the trial. moo

It is all for publicity. Does not really matter if negative or positive since it is all good and still publicity. Anything to keep this story hot, otherwise lucrative offers could start to diminish/folks stop watching..That is the driving factor IMO.

This should be a good read when they get them. LOL

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-civil-psych-request-20110720,0,1823248.story

The attorneys suing Casey Anthony for defamation are going after her psychological evaluations and also want to know what type of offers she's received for television appearances and book deals.

The request, filed Wednesday, is the latest development in the case brought against Anthony by Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, the Kissimmee woman who claims the former murder suspect ruined her reputation.

There will be no posting of CM's phone number or address or suggesting that he be harassed in any way shape or form on this forum. And the name calling needs to end immediately.

I've been reviewing some posts that the mods pulled today in Caylee's forum and I have to say that I'm appalled. Let's remember who we are here please.

This post lands at random and has nothing to do with posts in this thread. I just want to get this thread going on the right track.
:tyou:

I seriously doubt Mason is getting "threatening phone calls"

"Is Casey Anthony living with you?"
"Casey can run but she can't hide"
"You're all disgusting"

Are hardly threatening... They may be getting harassing phone calls or a lot of phone calls, but I seriously doubt anyone is threatening them. Threaten them with what exactly?

This should be a good read when they get them. LOL

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-civil-psych-request-20110720,0,1823248.story

The attorneys suing Casey Anthony for defamation are going after her psychological evaluations and also want to know what type of offers she's received for television appearances and book deals.

The request, filed Wednesday, is the latest development in the case brought against Anthony by Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, the Kissimmee woman who claims the former murder suspect ruined her reputation.
IMO I don't see how this is pertinent to their case, perhaps the deals could come in after and if they win the case to prove proof of funds but for now I don't see it, and why do they continue to call her Fernandez-Gonzalez?

Honestly, I'm not positive Mason even knows where Casey is.

Of course he knows where she is. I don't think she's at his house either but he knows where she is located. He will help JB handle her IV, etc.

If there was a legit threat I'm sure they will catch the person and take the appropriate legal action. I just hope it isn't another CM lie. He's gotten good at that lately.

I seriously doubt Mason is getting "threatening phone calls"

"Is Casey Anthony living with you?"
"Casey can run but she can't hide"
"You're all disgusting"

Are hardly threatening... They may be getting harassing phone calls or a lot of phone calls, but I seriously doubt anyone is threatening them. Threaten them with what exactly?

I agree.

Has real damage been done to Ms. Mason? As a well known defense attorney's wife, are we really to expect this is the very first time this has ever happened?

I am not saying threats and harassment are okay, they aren't, they are illegal and if it is true, it will be dealt with.

However, as for our rights, we all have the right to have a lack of sympathy for those who choose to involve themselves with FCA and whom are now reaping the outfall of it all.

This feels like more smoke and mirrors. Plane ride hoaxes, new found mental disorders, threats to Ms. Mason. I see it as nothing more than to continue to shift the focus from Caylee where it belongs.

I'm not joing the sympathy band wagon for anyone on that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak