2011.08.05 Hearing on Casey's probation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Y'all are cracking me up. I think once anyone did a background check, Casey wouldn't get one callback. No one wants someone convicted of check fraud working in their establishment with a register or around any of their corporate checks either.

Plenty of restaurant jobs, washing dishes, cooking. Maid jobs. I can name a boat load of jobs that do not do background checks. Some construction sites, she can pull up old carpet and ties. Old Navy is out, but that is her fault.

I have worked in plenty of restaurants, I am not a felon, but they hired them. One hired them through the felon program. Also cleaned places for a living before. She can too. A job is a job, honest money is honest money. Just saying.

Do ya think Casey went to Old Navy to fill out a job application so she'd have something to talk to her probie officer about?

she was not dressed/styled for a job search imo... and, she wasn't carrying a stack of resumes or a portfolio... so-- probably not.

But even if HHJP finds that the probation supe fudged the record and KC was never visited, I just can't see the judge making KC pay for the mistakes of others. Even though I believe she SHOULD serve probation, the fact that this matter came up when it did seems retaliatory in nature to me. I'd be really surprised if HHJP makes KC undergo any traditional kind of probation. Let's hope I'm wrong...

Does anyone know why Judge Strickland waited so long after KC's acquittal to bring up this matter?

Two weeks is "so long"? He probably just realized she had left town and wasn't in fact serving the probation....He had sixty days....

But HHJP has a problem - if he decides against Judge Strickland's order, then he is in fact saying the DOC can just change sentences willy nilly and nothing can be done, mistake or on purpose - the DOC has a higher standing than a sitting Judge. And what about a lawyer responsibilities as an Officer of the Court? Don't see that happening somehow - so rock - meet hard place....

But even if HHJP finds that the probation supe fudged the record and KC was never visited, I just can't see the judge making KC pay for the mistakes of others. Even though I believe she SHOULD serve probation, the fact that this matter came up when it did seems retaliatory in nature to me. I'd be really surprised if HHJP makes KC undergo any traditional kind of probation. Let's hope I'm wrong...

Does anyone know why Judge Strickland waited so long after KC's acquittal to bring up this matter?

I think you're right,and that will be the final ruling,but at least he's taking the time to research and didn't dismiss it out of hand.

There's been 5 freaken days to research it. Doesn't JPerry EVER do anything without precedent?

I thought about that too... but we don't know how busy his daily calendar is. He might not have time to do much pre-researching.

Narcissists don't do menial work. Many inmates leaving prison were told they may have to work fast food to pay for rental of a room. They flat out said "No way, I will not work at McDonalds"..and so it goes.

They find more comfort in prison, as a victim, then working fast food that is beneath them.

Ok I realize this may be a stupid question, but can someone explain to me why decisions always have to be made , based on "previous case law" Can't anyone make a decision on their own? I mean, someone had to make an original ruling lol..Just something I never understood
:waitasec:

BBM: When someone makes a "decision" or "ruling" on their own, I call it "having a pair" ... something that was sorely lacking with this Judge during the trial ...

Now ... if JP follows through on his "threats" of "sanctions" against Baez ... and rules in favor of "probation" as ordered by Judge Strickland ... then I'll take back my words ...

Until then ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

I think you're right,and that will be the final ruling,but at least he's taking the time to research and didn't dismiss it out of hand.

You're right, and pigs must be flying because we're in agreement again! :eek: ;)

I do appreciate the fact that HHJP is going to research it.

Narcissists don't do menial work. Many inmates leaving prison were told they may have to work fast food to pay for rental of a room. They flat out said "No way, I will not work at McDonalds"..and so it goes.

They find more comfort in prison, as a victim, then working fast food that is beneath them.

And that is why in a year or two guess who goes to jail again. :great:

I thought about that too... but we don't know how busy his daily calendar is. He might not have time to do much pre-researching.

You make a good point but I think he has many law clerks to do all his research. It was a stall tactic.

Casey's case is not the center of HHJP's world. He has other cases he is probably working on. And he said he couldn't find any precendents. So he didn't just sit on his hiney and do nothing for five days. This is a part of the law he evidently doesn't know much about, or couldn't find much on it in Florida. I don't blame him for wanting to do more research before providing a ruling that could affect other convicts down the road. This is not something he should rush to judgment about.
Exactly. Let's not forget that in addition to his own case load, he picked up retiring Judge Adams' load as well.

Plenty of restaurant jobs, washing dishes, cooking. Maid jobs. I can name a boat load of jobs that do not do background checks. Some construction sites, she can pull up old carpet and ties. Old Navy is out, but that is her fault.

I have worked in plenty of restaurants, I am not a felon, but they hired them. One hired them through the felon program. Also cleaned places for a living before. She can too. A job is a job, honest money is honest money. Just saying.

I was talking more about national corporate chains like Starbucks or Old Navy. I don't think they'd want her working at either place. Plus, even if she is hired on a felon program, I'm sure they will keep a close eye on her, and she'll caught if she tries to steal from or defraud them. The key word here is honesty - honest job and honest money. That works for us here, but Casey isn't honest, and she won't get an honest job, or if she does, she'll steal them from them and get into trouble before long. And with Casey, there is no such thing as honest money, only stolen money or blood money.

She wouldn't be paying for the mistakes of others. She would only be doing what she was supposed to do to begin with. I don't believe she actually did anything to serve that probation that she would not have done anyway. I think she was just doing her time in jail.

:floorlaugh: I think somebody sprinkled you with fairy dust..this is <modsnip>CA we're talking here!

Plenty of restaurant jobs, washing dishes, cooking. Maid jobs. I can name a boat load of jobs that do not do background checks. Old Navy is out, but that is her fault.

Thank God there are programs that actually help felons get into the workforce. It's the best way to keep them from re-offending,for many of them.I believe Casey is a sociopath and has no interest in working or changing her ways.
Quite the opposite,she's probably encouraged that she got away with as much as she did,and she had a team of lawyers and her family making sure she didn't have to pay for her crimes.

If Casey applied for a job I have no doubt there would be a callback,followed up by calls to the media for $$$ to set them up with Casey :crazy: It will never happen.

BBM
Over on the news thread
Lippman says they are "hitting the airways". they are busy setting up their new foundation. :maddening:
I can't wait to see who is having them on. Another one to boycott.

BBM:

:maddening: This is "absolutely" despicable ... the "audacity" of these two makes me :sick::sick::sick:

MOO MOO MOO ...

Putting a Grandparents Law on the books just gives another loophole for a potential defendents. They don't work and this one will not turn out to be what people expect it to be. Forget about it!

Isn't this just another way for the A's to convince themselves that they bear no responsibility whatsoever for what happened to Caylee? That somehow this is the State's fault because there were no laws permitting them to walk in and take custody of their grandchild. Unless something is wrong no one has the right to take a child away from their parents. They would do any type of movement for "grandparent's right" more harm than good.

Ironically they want involvement in "grandparent's rights" when they are the one's who swore in court that KC was a good mother, there were no "red flags", no reason to think Caylee was in danger. Somehow I think they have failed to see just how ironic their reason for setting up this foundation really is. jmo

If she was ever assigned a probation officer, shouldn't there be a record of who that is, or wouldn't that person come forward? Also, should there not be written provisions of what is required to meet the probation?

she was not dressed/styled for a job search imo... and, she wasn't carrying a stack of resumes or a portfolio... so-- probably not.

LOL, no kidding. She'd have to steal someone else's resume cause Casey doesn't do her own resumes. That's too much work.

Two weeks is "so long"? He probably just realized she had left town and wasn't in fact serving the probation....He had sixty days....

But HHJP has a problem - if he decides against Judge Strickland's order, then he is in fact saying the DOC can just change sentences willy nilly and nothing can be done, mistake or on purpose - the DOC has a higher standing than a sitting Judge. And what about a lawyer responsibilities as an Officer of the Court? Don't see that happening somehow - so rock - meet hard place....

KC was acquitted of murder on July 5. Was it really only two weeks between that date and when he put out his order? I'd like to know why he didn't clarify this matter before she was released. Did he forget, and RH brought it to his attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member