2011.08.05 Hearing on Casey's probation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe this is the first time there has been a scrivener's error.

What if the court had ordered her to make restitution in the sum of $200,000 and through a transcription error, the written order cited $200?

Does anyone think that her little "Paid" receipt for the $200 would suffice?

(I thought the legal definition of probation was that one was released from jail/prison but bound by certain restrictions as decided by the court.)

IDK Aedrys,
There are countries that don't extradite back to the US. One supporter with money,and she's gone. I have very little faith she'll be held accountable for anything.

Ya know what? That might be the best thing that could happen. She has ruined enough lives, IMO she took the life of a helpless child, and what good will she ever do for society. Go I say. Be gone. But I doubt she will. She doesn't have what it takes to be on her own for long. When the body guards are no longer supplied she will find other people to hurt, suck into her web and destroy.

I cannot believe this is the first time there has been a scrivener's error.

What if the court had ordered her to make restitution in the sum of $200,000 and through a transcription error, the written order cited $200?

Does anyone think that her little "Paid" receipt for the $200 would suffice?

(I thought the legal definition of probation was that one was released from jail/prison but bound by certain restrictions as decided by the court.)

It is not the first.

HHJP was ticked at the demand for a Stay AND an Emergency Hearing. This could have all been handled as usual, been scheduled as usual, but some were requesting more attention than necessary.

It will get sorted, HHJP was just putting them in their place a little tiny bit, while keeping in mind that the world would see it televised. Well, those that are left to keep up with this mess.

I think you're right,and that will be the final ruling,but at least he's taking the time to research and didn't dismiss it out of hand.

I'll be shocked if he sentences her back to OC to do the probation. I can see him doing some sort of 'compromise', where he has her on administrative probation where she can just phone it in from anywhere and quite honestly, what's the point to that then?

The DOC screwed this up and they are the ones that should be reprimanded because they didn't follow the order correctly. It would be unfortunate for Casey to benefit from that but then again wouldn't it be setting a bad precedent if he made her do the probation? At that point he's saying the DOC can screw up and say your probation is 'done' but can be reversed at any time.

She would still be arrested and have to be brought in regardless of what was pending. When you're arrested you're fingerprinted, charged in court, bail set...and then you attempt to make the charges go away by pleading out. So I'm not sure why you think that this was the State's attempt to get at her in some way. Jose was aware that she was going to be charged...he wanted her to be allowed to come in on her own volition. LE didn't give her any special treatment...they came and arrested her.

They came and arrested her with about three or four police cars. They were letting her know we are here and not going away - now where is Caylee.

But even if HHJP finds that the probation supe fudged the record and KC was never visited, I just can't see the judge making KC pay for the mistakes of others. Even though I believe she SHOULD serve probation, the fact that this matter came up when it did seems retaliatory in nature to me. I'd be really surprised if HHJP makes KC undergo any traditional kind of probation. Let's hope I'm wrong...

Does anyone know why Judge Strickland waited so long after KC's acquittal to bring up this matter?

Who knows why maybe he didnt notice or maybe their was another reason only he knows. But I personally dont believe he did it without a good reason. Maybe he did it because he knew JP might have made a error some where hoping the judge would catch it. I just cant see him doing just to do it like some have suggested. He has been a judge for almost as long as JP I highly doubt he would put his career in jeapordy for the likes of KA.JMO

She wouldn't be paying for the mistakes of others. She would only be doing what she was supposed to do to begin with. I don't believe she actually did anything to serve that probation that she would not have done anyway. I think she was just doing her time in jail.

I understand what you're saying, but screw-ups and oversights often work to the defendant's advantage. I want to see KC go down as much as anyone, but a valid argument can be made that the SA and DOC missed their chance... especially since this matter came up AFTER she got out of jail.

LOL, no kidding. She'd have to steal someone else's resume cause Casey doesn't do her own resumes. That's too much work.

Remember GA saying at one time, during a depo I think, that KC had done up a resume for a Nanny. Resume, for a Nanny???? What would she have put under experience, education, references???? lol

I suppose that is why the DT is fighting so hard on this probation. They know she'll violate.

Baez meeting with Geragos was a meeting to find out how to play the game. Baez had no idea how to become a legal analyst but clearly wants the title. Geragos made a fortune in the SP case..but he had a long legal history with many wins. Baez is a neophyte and wants all the fortune and fame as MG. He can't carry MG's briefcase. Why Geragos wants to help him is mind boggling.

LOL, no kidding. She'd have to steal someone else's resume cause Casey doesn't do her own resumes. That's too much work.

BBM:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Oh ...

:waitasec: But CFCA has NO "qualifications" to list on a resume ...

:waitasec: Oh wait -- didn't she have a job taking photos at booth at Universal ? One job listed ... she has NO "education" ... and NO "skills" ...

:waitasec: Hmmm ... would be a real short resume ...

KC was acquitted of murder on July 5. Was it really only two weeks between that date and when he put out his order? I'd like to know why he didn't clarify this matter before she was released. Did he forget, and RH brought it to his attention?

Two weeks takes us up to the 19th, and I doubt he really gave it much thought since an order from a Judge is an order. Maybe he was clearing her file stuff out of his office, maybe he got a memo, maybe he just read a newspaper headline one day around then, but give him three or four days to research what exactly did go on, make a few phone calls, discuss it will HHJP who is his Chief Judge and there we are - up to the date he issued the addition.

I think it just feels like a long time because we had so much to wade through after the NG verdict.

Who knows why maybe he didnt notice or maybe their was another reason only he knows. But I personally dont believe he did it without a good reason. Maybe he did it because he knew JP might have made a error some where hoping the judge would catch it. I just cant see him doing just to do it like some have suggested. He has been a judge for almost as long as JP I highly doubt he would put his career in jeapordy for the likes of KA.JMO

I'm splitting hairs here, but this matter, even if he did have some bias in it, probably would not put his career in jeopardy.

Didn't JP say he has a trial and he is taking over the duties of another judge plus his own? He's suppose to be an administrator but it sounds like he is in court more than out. Plus if this defense team keeps reclusing judges, JP will be doing everything, including civil. lol

I was also wondering how far being JP has gotten in his administrative tasks because of this trial .. I imagine a lot of things had to be put on a back burner because of his attention to the Caylee trial ...
Besides it sounds like he's looking to make what he decides, STICK ... so I will patiently wait for his order ...

I suppose that is why the DT is fighting so hard on this probation. They know she'll violate.

Baez meeting with Geragos was a meeting to find out how to play the game. Baez had no idea how to become a legal analyst but clearly wants the title. Geragos made a fortune in the SP case..but he had a long legal history with many wins. Baez is a neophyte and wants all the fortune and fame as MG. He can't carry MG's briefcase. Why Geragos wants to help him is mind boggling.

Ego. jmo

Well I thought the big news of the day was that JB has not had that mole removed. There it was as big as ever and he was just wearing makeup and it fooled us.

Ok I realize this may be a stupid question, but can someone explain to me why decisions always have to be made , based on "previous case law" Can't anyone make a decision on their own? I mean, someone had to make an original ruling lol..Just something I never understood
:waitasec:

No. Cases are made into law by the Supreme Court and it is up to lawyers to disagree and appeal and then we go from there. If you notice when Perry makes a decision he cites specific cases and if he disagrees with a side, he will cite a case where it speaks about what they are "asking" and then says your argument either applies or does not apply.

It was very interesting during the Frye hearings when Cheney and Jose used a number of cases to back their arguments and Perry would pick them apart and say "yes, but the case you are citing refers to such and such and does not relate to this" so, denied.

First he looks for cases in Florida and then he goes out of state, as he did many times in Frye.

It is all based upon the law of the land. That is why there is so much argument about the outcome of certain cases because the jury looked at the what the law was and even if they wanted to convict the could not because of the savviness of the defense in presenting certain claims.

IN NO WAY DOES THIS APPLY HERE, BECAUSE THEY COULD HAVE CONVICTED IF THEY HAD AN ABIDING CONVICTION THAT ALL THE CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE LED BACK TO KC AND IT IDID.

You're right, she can't do her own. She will need to steal one and attempt to change words. Let's face it. She or her parents are not looking for work. Maybe Lippman can establish a new foundation for her protecting mother's rights against grandparent's rights. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member