2011.08.05 Hearing on Casey's probation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think HHJP goes too far in trying to get things right. He has absolutely no problem putting the average Joe in lockup.

He sure let it be known that perjury is ok in his courtroom. Cindy hasn't been charged, has she?

Copyright guys. We cannot post more than 10percent of any article and it must have a link.

I'm curious... what exactly are you all hoping to change regarding the jury system? I've heard rumblings for years that some want to have a group of "professional" jurors put in place, and I can think of a dozen reasons why that would be ineffective. One big reason is, the state would have to pay them and pay them well, because they would be working non-stop. I don't think there are many states that can afford it.
We're all entitled to have a jury of our peers, and everyone has a 50-50 chance of being convicted or walking out free. Isn't that pretty fair??
There have been plenty of innocent people who were convicted and some were already dead by the time they were exonerated. I don't see the big public outcry over that, do you?
I'm not trying to start an argument, just giving my opinions. But I think the jury system is just fine the way it is now. We can all be upset and angry that she was acquitted but it's not going to change a thing where Casey is concerned. Sometimes Life just sucks and there's not much we can do about it in the end, except deal with it.

Minimal education requirements and a test of prospective jurors' abilities to recognize logical fallacies and require some standard of critical thinking abilities. This is a bit specific, but I'll throw it in too - preclude anyone who claims they "can't judge another person" from being on a jury, regardless of perceived racism against said person.

Fox BK reporting that FG agrees with JB....the darling of JP's court has already satisfied her probation. AND, that JP agrees with JB that the princess is in grave danger because of a pic on the net. When did FG say that he agrees with Jose?

I heard that too. WTH?

I so agree with you. DOC are the experts on such calculations. You can not expect JP to know all the latest and greatest nuances as it applies to those type of thingies. JP trusts them as to what they are doing. JP is not a one man band.

ITA this determination is one DOC has to make and would like to add that JP has no jurisdiction over DOC and it's policies ... the sentence comes from the court and DOC applies that sentence and does the calculations from what I understand ...

I can't understand how the sentences were NOT applied consecutively with the first felony sentence ... shouldn't DOC have caught this when they did their calculation ? Aren't THEY the ones that are supposed to make sure the courts' orders are followed ? Jeeze ...

I don't doubt Casey is back in Town or at least was. Remember the judge didn't sign the stay of probation until just after 4pm on Wednesday. In order to get her back she would have had to be on her way on Wednesday afternoon.

Now once that stay was granted who knows where she went.

I don't doubt Casey is back in Town or at least was. Remember the judge didn't sign the stay of probation until just after 4pm on Wednesday. In order to get her back she would have had to be on her way on Wednesday afternoon.

Now once that stay was granted who knows where she went.

It would be expensive to move her around too much. Unless she was paid for those pictures I'd be willing to bet she's home. jmo

ITA this determination is one DOC has to make and would like to add that JP has no jurisdiction over DOC and it's policies ... the sentence comes from the court and DOC applies that sentence and does the calculations from what I understand ...

I can't understand how the sentences were NOT applied consecutively with the first felony sentence ... shouldn't DOC have caught this when they did their calculation ? Aren't THEY the ones that are supposed to make sure the courts' orders are followed ? Jeeze ...

Yes, they are supposed to carry out the orders of the court. And they are supposed to do proper calculations. But we all make mistakes and sometimes things get a little messed up, even with the best of intentions. However, when the mistake is found, it should be corrected. And if it is found by someone who is not in authority to make a correction, it should be brought to the attention of one who can. IMO.

What I cannot understand is so far the SA has not objected to the first 412 days being applied to both the fraud and the lying charges. They were treated as separate cases, with the fraud case not being allowed on the record with the other charges. So it makes sense that the sentences would not be concurrent, especially considering the judge sentenced Casey on the lying charges with consecutive sentences. I do not understand why no one with the authority to object to this has not done so. I mean, why did the SA even bother with the lying charges if they did not intend for Casey to face the penalty for them upon a guilty verdict?

Maybe someone can answer this, sorry if it's been posted, but it just dawned on me. If FCA did probation in jail, wouldn't she have violated her probation for writing those letters to the inmate. Didn't the gaurd get fired over this also?

Maybe someone can answer this, sorry if it's been posted, but it just dawned on me. If FCA did probation in jail, wouldn't she have violated her probation for writing those letters to the inmate. Didn't the gaurd get fired over this also?

apparently if you smile when FL DOC wakes you up, all is great! You can violate any rule, even get someone fired, but it's okey dokey!

Makes me wonder why they were saying she was a model prisoner. Nothing means anything anymore. Just utter nonsense everywhere I look.

OK take the verdict and jury discussion to the proper thread please.

And I make no apologies for feeling this way.I think far too many criminals get off with light sentences.

But why do I not hear repugnance when JB continues to point out Ms. A IS special,her circumstances are SOOOOO special,she requires special consideration from the court,when considering this matter ?

CFCA is only special to jb , mason and the rest of the defense team . I think jb likes her because she is a lot like him . CFCA didn't care anything about her daughter , just as jb didn't care for his daughter . jb refused to pay child support and provide health ins. for her . jb was too busy living above his means and writting hot checks . moo

CFCA is only special to jb , mason and the rest of the defense team . I think jb likes her because she is a lot like him . CFCA didn't care anything about her daughter , just as jb didn't care for his daughter . jb refused to pay child support and get health ins. for her . jb was too busy living above his means and writting hot checks . moo

If KC is only inportant to the defense team them WHY are so many people still interested in the case?

? FORGET IT leave the case alone and DO NOT RESPOND then it will die down.

IMO ~ JB has to fight for FCA, because she is "special". If he doesn't play nice she can turn on him and state that he seduced her and she had to give in to his demands because she was afraid of men. JB is now between jobs and hating this new guard dog stuff. Just give up JB and let her serve her probation now. At least she will be off your hands for a bit so you can pay some attention to the wife.
IMO

Here's my problem. EVERY TIME someone makes a post to "forget KC and leave it alone" or "if we still talk about her then she is still important" do they forget that they are making a post on the same thread about KC and they are also creating (for a lack of a better word) the problem themselves?!? I personally am tired of reading posts telling those of us that are still here reading and worrying about justice for Caylee to just get over it when it is rather obvious that those doing those types of posts have not gotten over it themselves or they would NOT be on this thread in this forum reading about this person to see that the rest of us need to "get over it".

Now, with that I will take myself to a time out before I really say exactly what is on my mind! Sorry mods, and I do understand if this gets me a TO but I felt that finally someone needed to address "those types" of posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela