2015.12.04 DCF Hearing today (Friday) - continued to Monday

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope LE is "lying in wait" when MS gets home from court just like the monsters were lying in wait to murder his wife for him.

I wish the reporter would have asked Mark "In the event of your being incarcerated who do you want to have custody of TERESA'S children?" I'd probable get fired if I had that job....

:goodpost:LE
But DCF didn't make that case, they said his parenting was 'appropriate', judges can't remove children 'in case things change' or we would all be at risk of losing our kids during a period of depression, stress etc etc.

DCF needed to make a case against his parenting for the judge to act. DCF have done the bare minimum here, probably just to assuage the public. Enough to say 'we went to court and tried'.

Thank you for this post as it sums things up really well. So far, it seems as though LE is still "speculating" that MS is involved in his wife's murder? Are they waiting until JR is extradited in hopes of getting him to talk with an offer of a plea deal taking the DP off the table?

I seem to forget the "innocent until proven guilty" part when it seems so obvious MS is involved "allegedly". That too. I hope LE will be able to arrest him, maybe once the GJ hands down their verdict?

I wish the reporter would have asked Mark "In the event of your being incarcerated who do you want to have custody of TERESA'S children?" I'd probable get fired if I had that job....

I bet the question worded that way would have prompted a response from him! Maybe you should be a reporter because that would have elicited a comment, facial expression and body language! :hug:

But DCF didn't make that case, they said his parenting was 'appropriate', judges can't remove children 'in case things change' or we would all be at risk of losing our kids during a period of depression, stress etc etc.

DCF needed to make a case against his parenting for the judge to act. DCF have done the bare minimum here, probably just to assuage the public. Enough to say 'we went to court and tried'.

It was so contradictory, though, according to the tweets. On one hand DCF said they were afraid of what Mark would do if they sheltered the kids and on the other hand they said he was parenting appropriately. Which is it? Is it the "Don't Poke the Bear" approach, let's walk on a tightrope, hope and pray nothing happens? I seriously can't wrap my brain around this. Kids get sheltered for far less dangerous accusations all of the time. SMH

In reality, I know that DCF has to make their case...give the judge evidence to rule in their favor. The judge can't make their case for them...and they didn't remove them first...if they believed they were in imminant danger..they could have snapped them up and figured it out in court later..which they didn't do.

I'm so frustrated & concerned for their safety & welfare to the point LE should just go on & arrest him regardless! I'll probably go to hell for saying this but... surely they could do so at a time when he's not with the girls BUT if the kids were to witness any of that arrest it's nothing compared to what he had done to their mother. OR what they will come to know in the future when older. WHAT he did and HOW he did it. There.... I've said it.

I don't want those kids to suffer anymore but WHO & WHAT he may, or may have already exposed them to is scary. As posted here, TS family noticed a change in the girls when last with them. The girls are living 24/7 with a sick, selfish & self-centered adult male who's world is all about him. He is using them to attempt carrying on a daily life for himself. And what is the kids' daily life like---like that neighbor said when asked by a reporter, they come & go back into that "prison" of a house AND have no contact with their deceased mother's family.

This needs to end. These kids are getting mentally abused daily by his behavior and alienation from their Mother's family.
And being kept inside the house 24/7! It's like a prison for those 2 little girls. It's not fikken normal to never let those little girls go outside :mad:
A "good" father would send his kids to Connecticut/New York with TS's family and keep his kids from being more traumatized by HIM and the press. Away from all this madness to where they could go outside like normal kids.

Lock that ba$tard up :jail:

How much more pROOF do they need..

-Nin

Frustrating as it all is. Each agency has it's own agenda to fulfil. Their own butt to cover.

LE needs a strong case or MS will walk (ala Casey Anthony).
They have not given their case info to DCF to protect their investigation.

Family would like to see their precious children.
They can't force MS to share his children (He is acting like control personified).

We fear a Josh Powell situation, but are powerless to prevent it, and the law wouldn't allow us all to be tainted by the actions of another perp.

It is DCF job to protect children, they have failed again. How did they reach their decision on his appropriate parenting? By speaking with MS? By spending the occasional moments with the family?
IF they had asked neighbors, they'd know MS was bizarre and unhinged in his behaviour, that he played on his roof, that he let off fireworks etc etc.
IF they had spoken with LE, they would have known more about what LE was looking at and may have known that MS has guns in his home and possibly a few snippets that would help them protect the children.
IF they had spoken to TS family, they would be fully aware of the change in the children, and not a good change.

IF DCF had collated this information and presented it to the judge, the children would be more likely to be sheltered right now.

DCF in Florida is failing these children. IMO

I have been having trouble posting for weeks but have been keeping up with reading, and finally for whatever reason, I am again able to post, right when this most awful news about the result of the hearing is revealed. I feel sick inside as you all do and hope and pray that MS doesn't follow Powell's path. I hope to see two new threads added that read "Mark Seivers arrested for murder in the 1st degree" and "Seivers' children removed and are safe with Teresa Seivers' family." This monster needs to be contained, away from those girls, and face justice.

And being kept inside the house 24/7! It's like a prison for those 2 little girls. It's not fikken normal to never let those little girls go outside :mad:
A "good" father would send his kids to Connecticut/New York with TS's family and keep his kids from being more traumatized by HIM and the press. Away from all this madness to where they could go outside like normal kids.

Lock that ba$tard up :jail:

Exactly.

Bet MS feels untouchable now. He keeps the kids. No arrest so he thinks there isn't enough evidence to arrest him.

Seems to me that Lee County Law Enforcement is going to have to answer to a lot of people and a higher authority if anything further happens to the girls. And yes, I said further for a reason. Those HIPPA laws were invoked in court for a reason. AND I PUT NOTHING PAST THIS MAN. An illness that seemingly has NO EXACT CAUSE could absolutely be brought on by the environment and STRESS and paternal conditions/manipulations that the children are living under. Makes me sick thinking about it.

Bet MS feels untouchable now. He keeps the kids. No arrest so he thinks there isn't enough evidence to arrest him.

Like Beach stated upthread, I also hope his "victory" fuels his ever present arrogance and causes him to screw up further.

If I saw a child was standing in the middle of the road and I ran into the road and took the child out of harm's way.....would I be considered a criminal for violating the "parent's rights"???? I guess in "that judge's mind" I would be an awful person for taking the child out of the middle of the road BECAUSE I DIDN'T SEE A TRUCK COMING...ya' know...NO IMMINENT DANGER!!!
Don't care if my analogy seems like a far-fetched scenario....right now EVERYTHING INSIDE OF ME IS SCREAMING WTF!! (please don't ban my post, ya' know I mean Wild Turkey Feathers)
And not letting the children spend time with Teresa's family...what is that all about?? It is not as if their best friend for life is sitting in jail for killing his wife.....

I don't get it. I have seen children removed from homes in which they were in FAR less danger than the girls are. And the judge leaves them there with this maniac. I'm disgusted, not with DCF , who at least tried, but with the judge. The man let his kids play on the roof for heaven's sake. What has to happen before the judge takes it seriously ?

While not all judges are this bad, there are still too many on the bench with this mentality----won't do anything until SOMETHING HAPPENS. Then of course it's too late. Reminds me of a juror (may have been more than one) in the Menendez brothers case---they killed their parents, shot their mother in the face. The juror sympathized with the brothers, "but they lost their parents!". Duh ....yeah, they KILLED THEM themselves!

This is a horrible Deja Vu. I feel like I did when the evil Powell Father and grandfather had custody of the two little boys, that were eventually murdered, and we all new it was likely going to happen that way. :cry:

I have been having trouble posting for weeks but have been keeping up with reading, and finally for whatever reason, I am again able to post, right when this most awful news about the result of the hearing is revealed. I feel sick inside as you all do and hope and pray that MS doesn't follow Powell's path. I hope to see two new threads added that read "Mark Seivers arrested for murder in the 1st degree" and "Seivers' children removed and are safe with Teresa Seivers' family." This monster needs to be contained, away from those girls, and face justice.

Good Post! ^^

IMO I don't think he is going to harm the girls. I feel this way for a few reasons but despite both being involved with the murder of the mother of their children, JP and MS are 2 very different guys. Both sick in the head but in very different ways.

Remember, MS didn't have the guts to even be in the same state when his wife was murdered. After today, he most likely thinks he is untouchable. I see no reason to harm the girls and he won't go out like JP b/c IMO he would never harm himself.

I pray that I am correct and that he is arrested sooner than later!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel