2016.03.01 Discovery Documents - Batch # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wouldn't taking the batteries out work just the same as using tin foil?

This foil thing is odd. Can't you just power off your phone to not be able to trace? I don't get why they would have 3 phones all on and pinging away. I agree , why have them at all?

I just finished reading CK's interview. Many of you called her a hero; I would also call her an Angel.

She is proof that miracles do happen! For her to be brave enough to go to the police with her suspicions, and then stay in contact with them, is one strong confident lady.

I hope her safety is not in jeopardy, now or in the future. Thank you CK for using your intuition and following your gut feelings!

Just my opinion, I think there is much more to come in interviews not released yet with CK. This one was just a teaser as to the information she can supply.

After reading the report, I'm changing my opinion. It sounds like the phones were found in the foil-wrapped condition when LE stopped Wayne and Angie to serve the arrest warrant for Wayne.

So that DOES sound like they were trying to block pings! I wonder where he was headed in such a hurry?

Wouldn't taking the batteries out work just the same as using tin foil?

It takes a lot of power to emit a trackable signal...so, yes, no battery equals no signal. Powering a phone down would ordinarily work too but it is possible that your phone is fooling you into thinking it's powered down - especially if a spy agency has altered the firmware or OS. Not likely in the case of JRR and CWW.

the cops may have done it though...see this link

https://gigaom.com/2013/08/28/how-t...ell-phone-searches-while-preserving-evidence/

So that DOES sound like they were trying to block pings! I wonder where he was headed in such a hurry?

And it is starting to sound like AW would have or should have known a bit more than she is claiming to. If my spouse came home and tried to wrap my phone in aluminum foil you can bet there would be a HUGE conversation going on, and "it's nothing you should worry about honey" would not be an acceptable answer.

It takes a lot of power to emit a trackable signal...so, yes, no battery equals no signal. Powering a phone down would ordinarily work too but it is possible that your phone is fooling you into thinking it's powered down - especially if a spy agency has altered the firmware or OS. Not likely in the case of JRR and CWW.

the cops may have done it though...see this link

https://gigaom.com/2013/08/28/how-t...ell-phone-searches-while-preserving-evidence/

My initial thought was that it was done by the investigator who seized the phones in order to preserve any digital evidence they may contain. It isn't really clear from the report. The report makes it seem that they were found wrapped in foil, but it may just be poor wording used to state that they were seized and wrapped in foil.

My initial thought was that it was done by the investigator who seized the phones in order to preserve any digital evidence they may contain. It isn't really clear from the report. The report makes it seem that they were found wrapped in foil, but it may just be poor wording used to state that they were seized and wrapped in foil.

True, it's the wording that gave me the impression they were found that way. The other random phones hanging around their trailer weren't listed as having foil. Strange. I hope the mystery of the phones are cleared up in the future because now I'm even more intrigued.

After reading the report, I'm changing my opinion. It sounds like the phones were found in the foil-wrapped condition when LE stopped Wayne and Angie to serve the arrest warrant for Wayne.

Wrapping a cell phone in foil is to prevent them from pinging and the ability to be traced.

We shouldn't assume that they were found wrapped in foil. It's more likely that's the way LE packaged them to preserve whatever evidence they held.
We shouldn't assume that they were found wrapped in foil. It's more likely that's the way LE packaged them to preserve whatever evidence they held.

Hey there SCOUT!!! Do I have a target on my back that says, "DISAGREE WITH ME ON EVERYTHING" ??? LOL. No problem, my sleuthing pal...this is what it is all about.
I did consider whether or not it was the police who wrapped the phones in "tin foil." What was the collection of evidence like before the advent of cotton swabs, zip-lock baggies and tin foil?? (Hey, I do a lot of my "forensic testing" using my kitchen tools, too. Dryer cloths are great for wiping off finger prints, and my "splatter pattern" experiments on various organic materials have generated a lot of interesting perspectives....just sayin'....don't ever discount an inquisitive cook...:blushing:..but I digress)
It just seems that the police would still want the phones to be able to receive information as a way to track co-conspirators/accomplices/leaks/informants..etc.??? I think it would be pretty darn IMPORTANT to see who called those phones after the raid. I'm thinking it could be a little of both.
After all, LE has been told they were dealing with an "Eccentric and legendary high tech Apollo 13 communications savant who went rogue after being accused of a murder 20 years ago. He is a network ninja...uses encrypted secret codes, capable of stealth entry, by-passing state of the art (home) alarm systems, with the ability to perform superhuman tasks without the need of sleep!!!
We call that "So Cal movie spin" In the end, his life of petty crime became a legend unto itself....maybe even he believed it, too.

Wrapping a cell phone in foil is to prevent them from pinging and the ability to be traced.

And after Scout posted that it could have been LE that wrapped them I googled and discovered that LE will sometimes wrap them so that the data can not be remotely deleted ...... I had no idea this could be done! Could CWW have wrapped them so that LE couldn't remotely lift data off of them? Is this even doable?

Hey there SCOUT!!! Do I have a target on my back that says, "DISAGREE WITH ME ON EVERYTHING" ??? LOL. No problem, my sleuthing pal...this is what it is all about.
I did consider whether or not it was the police who wrapped the phones in "tin foil." What was the collection of evidence like before the advent of cotton swabs, zip-lock baggies and tin foil?? (Hey, I do a lot of my "forensic testing" using my kitchen tools, too. Dryer cloths are great for wiping off finger prints, and my "splatter pattern" experiments on various organic materials have generated a lot of interesting perspectives....just sayin'....don't ever discount an inquisitive cook...:blushing:..but I digress)
It just seems that the police would still want the phones to be able to receive information as a way to track co-conspirators/accomplices/leaks/informants..etc.??? I think it would be pretty darn IMPORTANT to see who called those phones after the raid. I'm thinking it could be a little of both.
After all, LE has been told they were dealing with an "Eccentric and legendary high tech Apollo 13 communications savant who went rogue after being accused of a murder 20 years ago. He is a network ninja...uses encrypted secret codes, capable of stealth entry, by-passing state of the art (home) alarm systems, with the ability to perform superhuman tasks without the need of sleep!!!
We call that "So Cal movie spin" In the end, his life of petty crime became a legend unto itself....maybe even he believed it, too.

IQuestion. If you have never written a book, I hope you do! Whether I agree with you or not, I ALWAYS love reading your posts. Your artistry with words and thoughts are amazing <3

IQuestion. If you have never written a book, I hope you do! Whether I agree with you or not, I ALWAYS love reading your posts. Your artistry with words and thoughts are amazing <3
So agree!

And it is starting to sound like AW would have or should have known a bit more than she is claiming to. If my spouse came home and tried to wrap my phone in aluminum foil you can bet there would be a HUGE conversation going on, and "it's nothing you should worry about honey" would not be an acceptable answer.

AW and CWW had like 10 days in Fl so you know MS and CWW exchanged mucho info. Then AW and CWW had what, like a 20 hr drive home to Missouri? It is just almost inconceivable that AW knew as little as she pretended during her interviews with LE

Wrapping the phones in the aluminum foil would also block the tracking device which is what CWW and AW were doing, IMO.

In their great minds, it apparently never occurred to them that the second the phone/s were unwrapped, their attempt to be secretative, went down the drain.

Do you think this trio of murderers will be classified as the Dumbest Criminals of 2015?

Wrapping the phones in the aluminum foil would also block the tracking device which is what CWW and AW were doing, IMO.

In their great minds, it apparently never occurred to them that the second the phone/s were unwrapped, their attempt to be secretative, went down the drain.

Do you think this trio of murderers will be classified as the Dumbest Criminals of 2015?

Definitely Darwin contenders...

Thank you BobbyWoo, your words are gracious. And as you stated, whether or not we agree, each poster is trying to convey an important thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upstairsmeow
Back