2016.04.21 Bond Reduction Hearing thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wondered over a new thread for a minute thinking I might get involved in a new case while I wait for MS's real trial. I won't do that again, sorry I strayed from the comfort of these threads. RAWR. (sorry I had to get that out)

I just love seeing him in handcuffs and chains! I can't wait for CWW statement (OH MY at the number of pages) to be released!

Exactly- no one. Only mister want to be lawyer. What a fool Mark Sievers is. He's finally being unmasked, and it's in front of thousands- if not millions- of people. What a way for a sociopathic narcissist to go down. This is Mark Sievers worst nightmare imaginable, one mr wanna-be lawyer apparently never pondered in his schemes. How stupid can one person be?

Frigga...Definitely lots of "head bobbing, anticipation, shoulder adjusting, aggravation, Valley Girl Impatience, and body language suggesting frustration" he even had to appear and answer questions. Sometimes I get someone like him (women, too) in my office....unprincipled nouveau riche...who have managed to impress the yokels.
Just a thought, but what if his relatives are afraid of him being released, too?? Things must be "financially thin" for his brother and Mother to only offer to pony up 10% of the requested bail of $250,000. I'm thinking it must be tough (a TOKEN offering to keep peace in the family??) decision for a septuagenarian retiree and/or a working man (with a family dependent upon him) to be willing to mortgage their futures, so MS can be dependent on them, while he awaits trial.
HIGH FIVES to posting pals and prosecutors....and may The Judge be blessed for three generations!
Yes, NIN,,,,,it is a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!
Time for my excessive celebration touchdown video!! ENJOY!! (Still a great song Paulie!)
[video=youtube;aAufsbOoQws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAufsbOoQws[/video]
IQuestion, you're so unique and beyond adorable, truly! Yeah, I'm playing it for coworkers AGAIN. We love it!

Great hearing and thx so much for the FB link! Really liked Hamid Hunter. Wonder if he is the lead atty on the whole case?

In all honesty. Let's not be fooled here.

Mark now understands that jail/prison confines you within the walls.

There is no escaping those walls for the most part.

Now the only way to temporarily get out of those cells and walls is to go to court or a hospital.

So his anxiety is now kicking in. Especially since he knows that Curtis is about to seal his fate.

So. Imo. Mark isn't doing this because he truly believes that he will get what he wants.

He is just simply using the system to get out for fresh air or to pass the time.

Too bad he didn't realize this before having his wife killed for money.

So hopefully this case moves smoothly and quickly.

So Mark can start his life sentence while realizing that a simple divorce would have been way better. Jmo

So very true Dex.

How do these people not stop when they ponder the consequences and go nah- not worth the risk? It's beyond my way of thinking at least.

LMAO at Mark trying to sound so "lawyerish". On the video, when being questioned by SA Hamid Hunter regarding the possibilities of collecting the life insurance proceeds according to case law authority & applicable statutes, he responds, "I do not know sir, that's beyond my scope." :lol:

Oh please. Other than those of us who work in this field, who talks like that? Heck, I'm a paralegal and I never even talk like that. GMAB

MS speaks his own 'truth'.... "that's beyond my scope". Affirmative Marky Boy.... all of this is beyond YOUR scope!

Websleuth Message Here!

To all guys or gals that contemplate on killing their spouse for money or whatever.

Please remember that a simple divorce where you may not gain money or vengeance or if you have to pay out money; Will never matter once you take a life while destroying your life and others as well as doing a century in prison with deranged individuals.

So please stop turning your middle class lifestyle to headaches and hardships and death and prison for bull crap financial gain. Jmo.

He is a psychopath. He does not think he will have consequences. From what I have read about psychopaths, he still may believe he will get out. It is hard to fathom. They are not stupid in the traditional sense. Just so arrogant. They have no clue that peoole see through them.

He still thinks he is god's gift to women. I wonder if he is getting pen pals? It seems like they all do

Frigga...Definitely lots of "head bobbing, anticipation, shoulder adjusting, aggravation, Valley Girl Impatience, and body language suggesting frustration" he even had to appear and answer questions. . . .

Those body tics are the reason I said he was born for prison--he looks like most cons do. But I think some of it is nerves--the head bobbing at times looked like shaking, like the palsy my much loved grandmother had in her 80s. He knows he's not getting out, and he's visibly deteriorating, aging in front of our eyes. There was no puffed chest, ramrod posture, or good suit this morning. Think about it--he knows what Curtis knows (though some of the corroborating evidence will probably still stun him). And if he has any smarts at all, he must now know how outgunned his attorneys are (not that anyone could evade the evidence against him). Hope he gets to see Mummert's embarrassed post-hearing grin on TV, cause as poorly as the hearing went for him, Mummert's going home tonight, and Mark isn't.

I used my Apple TV to mirror video to my big screen, turned volume up on the tv, and could hear perfectly! It was like watching court tv. Apple TV is awesome.

I had to go to WINK directly to view video news clip. Probably an ipad issue.....but the very end.....MS had the gall to say/indicate that he cannot touch any monies from insurance or martial 'from his wife until acquitted', (not a true quote). MS thinks this will all go away and he will be found innocent! I bet JRR will turn against MS when it gets closer to trial...only way he may see the free blue skies, blowing green grass and hug a human again. MS never will be free again IMO. I do see MS trying to pull tricks with the court, hiring and firing attorneys, getting sick, being his own attorney...he may be studying the Felons Arias and Anthony. A strong Judge needs this case for sure.

Thanks fot the links everyone

I was unable to watch the hearing this morning due to work, but truly appreciate all who posted MSM tweets as well as those who posted updates as they were listening live. Thank you!!!

We learned a couple of interesting details, didn't we! I figured MS had bankrolled the trip to Florida to execute the hit, but thought for sure CWW's payment for completing the job would come after MS received the life insurance payouts. According to the detective, isn't that the funding source CWW said his payment was coming from?

Anyway, here is another post-hearing interview with MS's attorney. It's different than the WINK News one that was posted earlier.

[video=youtu;nzVZNcrCGpY]http://youtu.be/nzVZNcrCGpY[/video]

Well, though Mummert is clearly disappointed that the hearing went so poorly for his client, judging by his demeanor and voice, he appears to be a realist.

IOW, as far as defense attorneys go, I can deal with him. So far, anyway. lol

Mummert again talks insurance. I thought Hunter demolished that argument thoroughly by showing that Florida statute imposes no penalty or liability on an insurer who chooses to pay.

Mummert seems to think bail should be "affordable." If a murder suspect was truly indigent, would a judge really set bail at $1000, if that's all the defendant could afford?

But given the evidence they have, I wonder why the state didn't just go for no bail in the first place? Why would anyone get bail if, for example, there was a video of him committing the crime? Or, as in this case, his best friend forever implicates him (with corroborating evidence) and does so despite taking a 25-year sentence as a result?

"...Mummert further attempted to substantiate a bond reduction by having Sievers answer questions about his finances (he’s unemployed, can’t sell his home or take out an additional mortgage and is underwater on his condo in Missouri)..."
Uh, I hate to be so obvious, but talk about a spectacularly odd strategy that backfired!!!:bombshell::bombshell::footinmouth::footinmouth:
Aren't these exactly the same reasons/motivations he hired CWW to kill his wife....."I don't work and want money"???
1) He's unemployed 2) can't sell his house or refi 3) His Missouri "pied-a-terre" is underwater....
(May I also add, he doesn't pay his IRS bills either!)
Whether or not Mummert was successful in his pursuit of lower bail has an interesting component...he gets paid either way, right?:blushing:

"...Mummert further attempted to substantiate a bond reduction by having Sievers answer questions about his finances (he’s unemployed, can’t sell his home or take out an additional mortgage and is underwater on his condo in Missouri)..."
Uh, I hate to be so obvious, but talk about a spectacularly odd strategy that backfired!!!:bombshell::bombshell::footinmouth::footinmouth:
Aren't these exactly the same reasons/motivations he hired CWW to kill his wife....."I don't work and want money"???
1) He's unemployed 2) can't sell his house or refi 3) His Missouri "pied-a-terre" is underwater....
(May I also add, he doesn't pay his IRS bills either!)
Whether or not Mummert was successful in his pursuit of lower bail has an interesting component...he gets paid either way, right?:blushing:

Yep... and I wonder how Mummert thinks he's gonna get paid. Guess maybe BS & brother gave MS some $$$ up front for that or guaranteed up to so much? How long will this Attny-Client relationship will last?

So some money was paid to CWW after the murder and by a check FGS. Why didnt he use some of that cash lying around his house? Stupid. jmo.

^^^ ahahahaha! Wow- he can barely stifle the rage in his voice. That's what that frog is- not fear, not nerves-just stuffed rage at the fact that anyone can tell HIM how it's going to go!
Is it just me, or do MS and CW verbally sound identical? This is coming off of CW's arraignment a la green dress.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'll have to listen to Curtis again. What a trip though Irish- what is the kooky deal with those two?

YES! Denied.

I want to know the amount of the check he gave CWW after the murder

Do we know for sure that the check was given to CWW after the murder and not before?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back