2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure if this is allowed please delete if it isn’t.

I just watched a live reel about 15 minutes ago from Reed Timmer at Alligator Point. He said that the track has moved very slightly to due north and has ceased leaning towards the east. And that he is there in the direct (future) eye according to his expert opinion.

I’m not sure if I can link it. I will try because it is on bookface. 25K views · 724 reactions | Live update with strengthening Hurricane Helene heading in to Apalachee Bay, Florida | Live update ahead of Hurricane Helene with many models converging on a landfall in Taylor County, Florida. Regardless of exact track, an unsurvivable... | By Reed Timmer Extreme Meteorologist | Facebook

Airlines are making adjustments. Delta has delayed my daughter’s flight by 2 hours. (Honolulu to Atlanta)

...HELENE ALMOST A MAJOR HURRICANE WITH ADDITIONAL STRENGTHENING FORECAST BEFORE LANDFALL IN THE FLORIDA BIG BEND... ...PREPARATIONS TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY SHOULD BE RUSHED TO COMPLETION...

1:00 PM CDT Thu Sep 26
Moving: NNE at 16 mph
Min pressure: 959 mb
Max sustained: 110 mph

The wind is really picking up here in Sarasota but surprisingly, not much rain yet. My aunt & uncle in Sebastian FL (east coast) are getting gusts of wind.

So many people will be effected and so many do not have the resources they’ll need for recovery.

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpeg
    IMG_0035.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 7
The Exexcutive Director of Florida Dept of Emergency Management gave an update on Florida's readiness on The Weather Channel.

He said they have learned lessons from previous storms and pay attention to not only shelter, food, and water but also fuel and have secured fuel sources with planned distribution, even if the power is out and gas stations cannot pump gas.

I just hope those plans can be expedited to the places at severe risk, rather than being concentrated in southern Florida.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back