317 Pages Released, Where are the other 274???

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So did Kinko's contribute to Lawson Lamar's campaign fund? One way or the other this smells funny to me. The public should not have to pay big bucks for this...think of the possible implications.

FYI.... The Doc dump was released because of The Sunshine Law and has nothing to do with FOIA.
The FOIA applies only to federal agencies and does not create a right of access to records held by Congress, the courts, or by state or local government agencies. Each state has its own public access laws that should be consulted for access to state and local records.

Also remember that any info that has to do with a active criminal investigation is exempt and does NOT have to be disclosed...

http://myfloridalegal.com/sunshine

Thanks for the link to the info but......apparantly they have already released the documents in their entirety in hard copy. I think the problem is that people are expected to pay a dollar a page to Kinko's for this information. Kind of ridiculous cost of $591.00 for a CD with a 591 pg. PDF file. How in the world can they justify that kind of cost? Not to mention, not only is the Attorney General's office condoning that, they are encouraging it!!!

OK, WE WILL HAVE A COMPLETE COPY SHORTLY

and thanks to Muzikman for picking it up.
You guys ROCK! The old saying of "any work is made lighter by the hands of many" sure does apply here!!! Will wait patiently for the rest - wonder if Muzikman will be denied a copy? Please keep us in the loop!

Complaints and inquiries:

http://www.flgov.com/og_agency_contacts

Agency Open Government Contacts
Executive Order 07-01 states in part: “Each agency secretary is further directed to designate a person at his or her agency who will act as the agency’s public records/open government contact person. That individual will be responsible for complying with public records/open government requests and compliance at their respective agency and will also be the primary liaison between that agency and the Office of Open Government for purposes of training and compliance.”

The following individuals have been selected by their agency head for this important responsibility.

Last Edited 9/19/2008

Attorney General, Office of the
Main Contact: Alexis Lambert, Deputy General Counsel, Sunshine and Public Records Law – 850-245-0140; alexis.lambert@myfloridalegal.com

Backup Contact: Joslyn Wilson, Division Director – 850-245-0158; joslyn.wilson@myfloridalegal.com

En español: Alexis Lambert, Deputy General Counsel, Sunsine and Public Records Law – 850-245-0140; alexis.lambert@myfloridalegal.com

Law Enforcement, Department of
Main Contact: Jim Martin, Assistant General Counsel – 850-410-7679; Fax 850-410-7699; jamesmartin@fdle.state.fl.us

Backup Contact: Michael Ramage, General Counsel – 850-410-7676; michaelramage@fdle.state.fl.us

En español: Lourdes Howell-Thomas, Senior MAnagement Analyst II - 850-410-7241; lourdesthomas@fdle.state.fl.us

(PS, FDLE wouldn't have anything to do with this, dunno why I added them--the Atty General's office handles this)

You guys ROCK! The old saying of "any work is made lighter by the hands of many" sure does apply here!!! Will wait patiently for the rest - wonder if Muzikman will be denied a copy? Please keep us in the loop!

NO, all arrangements have been handled. Complete copy is on the way, it will take Muzikman a while to scan the missing pages and I am talking to Tricia now about posting it.

Campaign to Re-Elect
State Attorney Lawson Lamar
P.O. Box 1240
Winter Park, FL 32790
LawsonLamar@gmail.com

Funny - go here: http://sa18.state.fl.us/general/saolist.htm

Only Orlando's and Ft. Pierce State Atty offices don't have websites - contact info here though, scroll down.
By the way, I think everyone needs to email Lamar pushing for a charge for Casey. I just did that myself reminding that the dragging of the feet on this case is not looking good for his re-election. If everyone else sends messages he might really start thinking about it!

When I spoke to Kinko's originally this morning they did not ask if I was an attorney or new agency. As I stated earlier I did send an email with my Federal Express account number for them to bill the shipping. I also included a VISA for them to charge the $47.21 for printing. I have not received a reply stating that they will not be shipping it to me. I did receive a confirmation of my order. If I receive the packet I will certainly scan in the other 200+/- documents for all to see. But if someone is in Orlando and is picking them up today that might be quicker. I'll keep all posted.

When I spoke to Kinko's originally this morning they did not ask if I was an attorney or new agency. As I stated earlier I did send an email with my Federal Express account number for them to bill the shipping. I also included a VISA for them to charge the $47.21 for printing. I have not received a reply stating that they will not be shipping it to me. I did receive a confirmation of my order. If I receive the packet I will certainly scan in the other 200+/- documents for all to see. But if someone is in Orlando and is picking them up today that might be quicker. I'll keep all posted.
OK, now I'm really confused. Did you only have to pay for the printing and shipping?

FYI.... The Doc dump was released because of The Sunshine Law and has nothing to do with FOIA.
The FOIA applies only to federal agencies and does not create a right of access to records held by Congress, the courts, or by state or local government agencies. Each state has its own public access laws that should be consulted for access to state and local records.

Also remember that any info that has to do with a active criminal investigation is exempt and does NOT have to be disclosed...

http://myfloridalegal.com/sunshine

"...does not create a right of access to records held by Congress, the courts, or by state or local government agencies...." If this is true, how did the media get it using the FOIA as stated in the Orlando Sentinel???

I have used the FOIA and have lived in FL my whole life. Never had any problem with getting information of public record until now.

I copied this first paragraph from your link:
In Florida, every person has been granted the Constitutional right to inspect or copy any public record with some exemptions, and the Sunshine Law provides a right of access to government proceedings at both the state and local levels. These essential laws afford citizens of our state the ability to see behind the curtain of government and remain involved in the processes that affect their lives. Without this access there is little accountability, and accountability is vital for good government.
--------
I won't go reading the whole Florida Statutes, but common sense tells me that if they released info to the media, then it should be common for all the people!! your statement: "Also remember that any info that has to do with a active criminal investigation is exempt and does NOT have to be disclosed..."

They chose what to release, they released it, I have the right to it - period.

OK, now I'm really confused. Did you only have to pay for the printing and shipping?
To have them sent Fed Ex and to receive a hard copy the printing charge is $47.21 + shipping. To receive them via download/email the cost is $591.00. I asked for them to be sent to me via Federal Express/hard copy.

NO, all arrangements have been handled. Complete copy is on the way, it will take Muzikman a while to scan the missing pages and I am talking to Tricia now about posting it.
You guys are amazing!
bighug.gif

I can't believe how resourceful you all are. I'm learning so much from all the wonderful members on here. Thank you! :blowkiss:

By the way, I think everyone needs to email Lamar pushing for a charge for Casey. I just did that myself reminding that the dragging of the feet on this case is not looking good for his re-election. If everyone else sends messages he might really start thinking about it!
Not to get OT but why would we want to put pressure on them at this point? I still have confidence that LE knows what they are doing and need more time to build their case.

To have them sent Fed Ex and to receive a hard copy the printing charge is $47.21 + shipping. To receive them via download/email the cost is $591.00. I asked for them to be sent to me via Federal Express/hard copy.
OK, thanks. That clears it up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moondashiie
Back