4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the firing of BK, I wonder if he had an idea that at some point the was going to be fired, therefore he would be leaving school and probably the area as well possibly to go back home to PA. He figured “now or never”, planned his attack(s) and thought let’s see how good this police department is, possibly the professors weighing in as well given their criminology backgrounds, all the while thinking he would get away with the perfect crime. After all, he went to a lot of trouble planning it out- ie. the questionnaire he submitted sticks with me. He needed “research”, asked for volunteers to talk about their crimes, how committed, how they went about entry….except this research was personal, wanting to study the research to perfect his method, the outcome being he could finally think of himself as superior to his peers. I wonder how he feels now, sitting in his cell. He will have plenty of time to condemn himself and remind himself of his failures. MOO, thinking out loud again!
Or he may be finding that his current life quite suits him - no argumentative students, no pesky professor seeking behavioural changes or putting him on an improvement plan. He certainly has what he may consider "status" given the notoriety of his alleged crimes, and he has POSSIBLY gotten rid of some of the demons which may have haunted him for years out of his system (for the moment). No concerns about $$$ at the moment - zero tuition fees, zero accommodation costs - 3 square meals a day, athough they may not be ideal from his vegan perspective. (Who knows WHAT'S been cooked in the cookware also cooking his meals. There's just the matter of the trial coming up, and the possibility of being put to death by the State, but in all likelihood, legal to'ing and fro'ing would take years before the DP was "applied". In the meantime, if he were found guilty, death penalty or not, the associated infamy could be something he may rather like. Enirely speculation, MOO.

What a terribly disturbed individual we are beginning to discover. It just gets worse and worse. It's like in the last few years his mind and personality have been getting more and more out of control. Was there ever a point at which he could have changed for the better, I wonder? I think psychiatrists will be studying him for a long long time. For myself, as a mother, I feel a lot of sadness for what might have been, and wonder what went so terribly wrong.
And I would submit we don't know the half of it.

So many killers were "off" going back to childhood. That, to me, is the most important thing to explore. We need more interventions at early ages. What will work? Maybe a controlled study of outcomes would give insight.

JMO

The preliminary hearing was NOT added back to the cases of interest page.

Replying to my own post, lol, talking to myself again.

I checked the other cases of interest and they do not list the hearing dates, they just list the notices of hearing. So I think when it was listed on the cases of interest page before, it must have been a mistake that was corrected. Just a guess and MOO

Or he may be finding that his current life quite suits him - no argumentative students, no pesky professor seeking behavioural changes or putting him on an improvement plan. He certainly has what he may consider "status" given the notoriety of his alleged crimes, and he has POSSIBLY gotten rid of some of the demons which may have haunted him for years out of his system (for the moment). No concerns about $$$ at the moment - zero tuition fees, zero accommodation costs - 3 square meals a day, athough they may not be ideal from his vegan perspective. (Who knows WHAT'S been cooked in the cookware also cooking his meals. There's just the matter of the trial coming up, and the possibility of being put to death by the State, but in all likelihood, legal to'ing and fro'ing would take years before the DP was "applied". In the meantime, if he were found guilty, death penalty or not, the associated infamy could be something he may rather like. Enirely speculation, MOO.
I'd definitely like to know how his life is going in lock up & what he thinks of his public defender - a woman. His current judge is a woman, too. Poetic justice, as they say....
MOO

I started a very interesting series yesterday evening found on Amazon Prime called "Becoming Evil: Serial Killers." There are seven episodes and so far I've only watched the first one. Coincidentally, BCK's former professor (Katherine Ramsland) spoke quite a bit in this first episode. Fascinating stuff - highly recommended!

1676048092593.png

I guess he could have left the foot print going either direction. I think most of us assume he came in from the sliding door in teh kitchen, went upstairs, killed the girls, came down the stairs, passed DM's room, went to XK's room, killed there, then went back by DM's room (when he is seen by DM) and exited out the sliding door again. So he could have left a foot print either before or after going to XK's room. We don't know exactly where in front of DM's door it was found.

If true, then the PCA has a real problem. The footprint is mentioned as confirming that DM saw a man walk past her door - heading toward the slider, IIRC.

That footprint had better be pointed in the right direction, otherwise where did it pick up blood? It *had* to have been near one of the two murder rooms and given the time it *had* to be made on the way out - he did not linger.

IMO.

To my mind, this is a really, really important matter. LE/prosecution and defense are in discovery and still investigating, collating, strategising and getting witness lists together. The integrity of this has to be protected IMO. THe State Attorney for the case is clearly extremely erudite on past cases where mistrials have occurred owing to compromised testimony by witnesses. MOO

Replying to my own post, lol, talking to myself again.

I checked the other cases of interest and they do not list the hearing dates, they just list the notices of hearing. So I think when it was listed on the cases of interest page before, it must have been a mistake that was corrected. Just a guess and MOO

Hearing Search Results​

Hearings for Party Name bryan kohberger

between 6/23/2023 and 6/30/2023
No hearings match your search.

Hearing Search Results​

Hearings for Party Name bryan kohberger

between 6/23/2023 and 6/30/2023
No hearings match your search.

You are correct. I tried it with an extended date range and it still did not come up. Hmmmm.
I also tried all counties, no luck.
Was it coming up earlier? That is not a page I have checked before.
MOO

edit: added sentence about counties
edit: added question

Last edited:
If true, then the PCA has a real problem. The footprint is mentioned as confirming that DM saw a man walk past her door - heading toward the slider, IIRC.

That footprint had better be pointed in the right direction, otherwise where did it pick up blood? It *had* to have been near one of the two murder rooms and given the time it *had* to be made on the way out - he did not linger.

IMO.
You're right. As I look back at the PCA, in discussing the shoe print, it states, "This is consistent with D.M.'s statement regarding the suspect's path of travel. So i am guessing that the print appeared to be heading to the glass door which would mean it was made by a person coming from the direction of X's room.

'Bushy eyebrows'....

It's amazing what the human mind remembers, it's like our brain takes photographs through our eyes as the camera lense, then stores the pics in an internal hard drive.

Swift justice for these kids robbed of just starting out their beautiful lives.

Hmmm, in the objection is Taylor agreeing that the Goncalves family themselves shouldn’t be gagged? I skimmed it, but that’s what it looked like—just that they couldn’t have their attorney speak for them. Did I miss her point?

MOO

Yes, unfortunately these people mentally deteriorating in our society are not really seen. The only reason this person stands out is because the stabbed 4 young people to death and has a peculiarly ironic profession he chose that is supposedly the opposite of being a murderer...

The other thing I wondered is if this was his real first chance to be out on his won. Wonder if he lived at home when he studied for his bach and masters?

I haven’t seen any indication that he’d ever lived on his own before the summer of ‘22.

BBM: IMO the affadavit isn't really a story as such, it's a legal/LE document of probable cause. It was written primarily to show evidence of cause for BK's arrest and needed to be constructed so as to clearly convince the judge of its merit. People have debated, infered and extrapolated based on the PCA. IMO to blame the PCA for inferences some may have drawn from it does not really make sense. MOO
I actually agree. What I was getting at as that people needed to really understand what was actually stated in the pca and what wasn’t. The common take that I’ve heard has seemed to extrapolate the story incorrectly. Thus, the debate became about DM herself rather than what did the document actually say (or not say). I believe when all is said and done, her actions will have made perfect sense.

Hmmm, in the objection is Taylor agreeing that the Goncalves family themselves shouldn’t be gagged? I skimmed it, but that’s what it looked like—just that they couldn’t have their attorney speak for them. Did I miss her point?

MOO
The Goncalves themselves were never part of the amended no dissemination order of Jan 18th IMO. This matter is about SG (as their Attorney) wanting to be excluded from the gag. The Defense is objecting to that motion. The legal arguments for this are beyond me without some intense study. I'm sure the legally experienced among us will be passing comment in coming days, which I look forward to! MOO

MOO
How I understood it: He stated in his relevant facts of the memorandum that he thought the family were not "parties" to the case, so didn't fall under the nondessimnation order. The only parties are the people and defendant per his memo. And as their attorney, he doesn't fall under it either since he is just representing the families opinions. The prosecutors affidavit states that they are potential witnesses though, including at trial and sentencing. MOO

I actually agree. What I was getting at as that people needed to really understand what was actually stated in the pca and what wasn’t. The common take that I’ve heard has seemed to extrapolate the story incorrectly. Thus, the debate became about DM herself rather than what did the document actually say (or not say). I believe when all is said and done, her actions will have made perfect sense.
Thanks very much for clarifying, I'm sorry I misread your meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow