4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The affidavit said that officers responded to reports of an unconscious person at the property at 4 p.m. the same day."

At 4 p.m.???

"The affidavit said that officers responded to reports of an unconscious person at the property at 4 p.m. the same day."

At 4 p.m.???

Newsweek?

ETA: Its false reporting if that is a quote from the article. Blatantly so IMO. The PCA begins with the writer being shown the scene at 4pm by officers already in attendance. (PCA, p1). NewsWeek, I would say, know that first responders attended immediately after the 911 call. MOO

Last edited:
Except that the two friends who mention him boxing are the only friends we know about - and they don't say they boxed WITH him.

It sounds to me like he told people he started boxing and people believed him and remembered it, perhaps due to the "personality change."

He lost about 100 pounds in a year, according to friends - but apparently that was *before* he started boxing or at the same time.

IMO.
I get the same notion, for whatever that's worth.

Also weird to note that around the time he started losing weight and becoming interested in health and fitness (supposedly), he also reportedly started using heroin. I haven't seen heroin use championed on too many health, fitness or boxing forums.

Chicken and egg: Did he become aggressive after learning to box, or was boxing taken up because he was becoming more aggressive? Did he lose weight as a result of becoming invested in health and fitness or did he lose weight from heroin use while destroying his health? Seems we're left trying to make sense of someone's behavior who was operating with a very complicated and bizarre mind.

Musing on his boxing is the new musing on his eyebrows is the new musing on Murphy the dog. A subtle reminder to refocus my musing on the loss of four beautiful young people. Lately I've been thinking about X after reading the articles about her mom's various drug arrests. That could not have been smooth sailing to be raised with that as one of her primaries. For her to be attending college and in an intimate relationship is something I feel proud of for her. Just one more aspect of the devastating loss for our world.

Hmmm, in the objection is Taylor agreeing that the Goncalves family themselves shouldn’t be gagged? I skimmed it, but that’s what it looked like—just that they couldn’t have their attorney speak for them. Did I miss her point?

MOO
When I read it she only appears to be objecting to Gray's request that he be excluded from the order. She states in the last paragraph that the family is excluded from the order, and they continue to speak, which I suppose is making the argument that the family doesn't need him to speak for them since they are speaking for themselves. I haven't seen SG quoted lately, and I watch very little TV, so I'll assume she's correct about that. MOOooo

In regards to the firing of BK, I wonder if he had an idea that at some point the was going to be fired, therefore he would be leaving school and probably the area as well possibly to go back home to PA. He figured “now or never”, planned his attack(s) and thought let’s see how good this police department is, possibly the professors weighing in as well given their criminology backgrounds, all the while thinking he would get away with the perfect crime. After all, he went to a lot of trouble planning it out- ie. the questionnaire he submitted sticks with me. He needed “research”, asked for volunteers to talk about their crimes, how committed, how they went about entry….except this research was personal, wanting to study the research to perfect his method, the outcome being he could finally think of himself as superior to his peers. I wonder how he feels now, sitting in his cell. He will have plenty of time to condemn himself and remind himself of his failures. MOO, thinking out loud again!
Or, he was mad at female students IMO. Probably blamed 'females' for sabotaging his illustrious career in criminology.

If PappaR is indeed BK, he alluded that the date of murder and the number of the house also mattered.

And PappaR's avatar wore Russian soldier's cap, and the massacre happened in Moscow.

This stuff is really weird :oops:

JMO

Is that so? I thought his face was familiar.
However, the way I imagine BK, I really doubt that he'd make media and join the Idaho discussions, and be so active there. It makes zero sense if you are going to another school and don't live in Idaho, to throw such bright light on yourself. I'd rather accept that it could be someone opposite's project, you know? I have many reasons to think it could be so, but it is really interesting to know when the profile was made. On what date.

If he was focused on killing people, I don't think it would have registered much beyond noise.
It is an interesting question. I'd assume that in fight-or-flight reaction, all senses enhance, but I might be wrong.

When I read it she only appears to be objecting to Gray's request that he be excluded from the order. She states in the last paragraph that the family is excluded from the order, and they continue to speak, which I suppose is making the argument that the family doesn't need him to speak for them since they are speaking for themselves. I haven't seen SG quoted lately, and I watch very little TV, so I'll assume she's correct about that. MOOooo
In the Prosecutors memorandum he cites witnesses and his affidavit calls the family potential witnesses. JMO

"These notions are further reflected in Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals' precedent in the. case ofFarr v. Pitchess, where the Court considered a trial court order that "prohibit[ed] any attorney, court attache, or witness from releasing for public dissemination the contents or nature of proposed trial testimony or other evidence." 522 F.2d 464,466 (9th Cir. 1975). In upholding the order, the Ninth Circuit Court ofAppeals stated: .....Top of page 5.

And so does JL

As a means of reducing “the appearance of prejudicial material and to protect the jury from outside influence,” a trial court may “[proscribe] extrajudicial statements by any lawyer, party, witness or court official,”......page 2

edit: added and so does AT with the following quote and link
edit: changed AT to JL - he wrote the objection

Last edited:
As an attorney for the victims (family) he is under gag since Jan 18 amended non-dissemination order IMO. The defense is laying out arguments here about why that should remain so. The other doc just released - -the memorandum by the Prosecuting attorney- agrees with this and may (I am not sure as the legal arguments are so erudite I need time to study them) go further because the Goncalves are likely to be witnesses at trial or sentencing or both. The PA has deliverd a sworn affadavit to the court to this effect (also just released). MOO

That's a really good question. The PCA made it sound as if maybe he just walked by (with DM watching through a crack in the door? But really, all we really know is that a nearly invisible footprint in blood (I can't think of another protein that could produce this) was found outside her door.

I had assumed he just walked by, but I'm not sure how LE would rule out whether he paused (although other latent prints and readily visible prints must surely be found, as well - I suppose we have to wait until June).

PCA says it was the murderers' footprint. It is pointed in the direction of the door, apparently, and it's in blood. Any thoughts about who else with a men's shoe would be walking through blood that night?

To me, there's only one possibility (the murderer).

Respectfully disagree.

If you don't want arterial blood spurt and you do want silence (which appears to be the case here - no one heard screaming that we know of so far), and you want to accomplish a murder in less than 15 seconds or so, you will indeed care about where you land your knife blows.

No throats slashed. Wounds to the upper body/torso only. According to SG, KG's liver and lungs were "destroyed." This is the way to use an offensive knife if you don't want a lot of blood on yourself and you do want silence. I've asked several people (colleagues) if they can immediately tell me where their liver is (they had to think, one got it wrong). A right-handed person must choose to stab the right side (opposite their own hand) of the body. And to know where the liver is.

There's another advantage. Almost everyone knows that if you hit bone while stabbing, you might knick your knife. The technique chosen by Kohberger avoided that, as he was working below and then up under the ribcage (I assume one of the first wounds was to a lung, though).

Most people would have to think and study and even train for this kind of stabbing - the Marines sure do (and this is a technique taught in military operations for quickly silencing an opponent - including a sleeping one).

Since boxing trains a person to use their hands very quickly and since most gym-based boxing classes (very popular these days) teach people to pretend box by using the rules of boxing (a relative of mine teaches gym based boxing and both of my daughters have taken classes), it makes sense to me that BK would use this skill or, at least, had the remnants of that skill come back to him.

Now, if we find out that there's tons of blood all over the inside of his car (which I am betting is not the case), OR that only one victim was stabbed in the liver (there's a particular kind of stabbing technique, which comes up online pretty rapidly if you search - which I believe BK did), then I'll change my mind. Four people were killed and the only person yelling/screaming is DM? And that's to tell them to quiet down? One of the victims - Xana - fought back, was apparently crying and did make noise. DM does not mention hearing screams nor does she mention hearing Ethan's voice (I doubt that Ethan uttered the "Don't worry" phrase and DM doesn't say she thought it was Ethan).

JMO. But I am convinced that BK didn't want blood all over his face and head (regardless of mask or hat) and wanted as little blood as possible on his person. I assume he had some kind of plan for taking off his coverall or out garments before getting into the car (surely he had *some* blood on him - but, if he went for the liver and lungs, exsanguination would have taken a minuet or two, giving him time to move on without getting too much blood on him).

I think he got the blood on his foot in the struggle with Xana, perhaps with Ethan already dead and a spreading pool of blood in that room. Perhaps we will find that there were visible bloody footprints in Maddie's room, but I find it fascinating that the PCA doesn't mention that. It would have been a good addition - if a Van's print is found in Maddie's room and then the latent print is found outside Dylan's door, that's truly convincing - that the killer wore Van's. OTOH, LE could not show that BK owned or ever owned Van's at that point. Still, combined with the sheath evidence, that would have been strong probable cause.

IMO.

I can’t access the PCA at the moment, but I’m pretty sure they didn’t identify it specifically as BK’s shoe print. There was lots of discussion about this earlier.

So can you please provide a link stating it was BK’s? Thank you.

I can’t access the PCA at the moment, but I’m pretty sure they didn’t identify it specifically as BK’s shoe print. There was lots of discussion about this earlier.

So can you please provide a link stating it was BK’s? Thank you.
They arrested BK claiming he was the masked man who left a sheath. It’s in the PCA. No mention of a second person.

It is part of the evidence used to arrest him. On mobile but the PCA is recently linked to

The entire PCA is about a single person, BK

Imo

Do you think some other man (shoe is a man’s foot in my opinion as an anthropologist) tracked blood past DM’s door?

LE doesn’t put evidence in an arrest warrant unless they believe it pertains to the person in question. Imo

What’s your theory about why LE decided it was his? It’s not my theory. It’s in the arrest document for just one person. Imo.

When will a decision be made on the gag order?
Are you referring to the appeal by SGray, the Goncalves's attorney, who wants to be able to speak on their behalf, or the appeal of the entire gag order made by the media?

If the former, it will probably be decided in the state's favor fairly quickly.

The latter is a matter on appeal. That may take months to be heard so we may be at trial by that time, making it somewhat moot.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member