4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The defense is making this request based on the extensive media coverage that the case gets, continuing with the transfer to Boise. The made up quote in the title of this article is not a quote from either BK or his attorney. Just click bait.

The judge will decide if the defense's request is appropriate or not, and render his decision. It's not up to the family members of the victims, although it is understandable that they would have opinions. The judge will have to decide if he thinks that jailhouse attire coupled with extensive media coverage of BK in court might be prejudicial to the case.

'Much of the media coverage and social media posts focus on [Kohberger's] appearance,' the documented demand continues.

'Authorizing [Kohberger's] to wear street clothing to all public hearings is one way to reduce potential for prejudice.'

I have to admit the everyday bro'ification of BK is a good tactic. The lack of beard grooming in the mugshot definitely says "I'm totally not meticulous and obsessive as being reported".

The request for 'street clothes' (I know this is language that could also double for 'suits', but I doubt it, my guess is collared shirt and pants) and the general attempts to make him not appear 'normal'. IMO.

It's clear the defense wants to push him away from the media caricature (fair, or not) as a OCD* (as reported and attributed to him by statements from family and friends) socially awkward* (as reported) sociopathic* (not in a medical diagnose way as I am not a professional, this is IMO as reported by ABC confirming his forum posts that he 'feels nothing' for people) quadruple murderer.

Last edited:
These inmates have no control when the jail moves them and how they do it and when they photoghraph them. There is no time to calculate how much beard stubble will grow. He got moved and packed up to move probably late/early morn and had no time to shave. So what? Means zero.

He always wears suits for his hearings and simply wants to do the same in the Ada County court house.

Just mormal stuff. Nothing to read into it.

2 Cents

Last edited:
My daughter, who is in law enforcement, works the second shift. She gets off work at midnight and goes for a run for around an hour before going home, showering, and then retiring. The only requirement is that she has lights of some sort for running, so she typically runs at a large park or at a college track they keep lit all night. I don't think there is any specific time limit involved in night running.
I think that if BK's alibi was that he just finished his shift with Law Enforcement, and then went running at a college track, he'd have a better chance with the jury.

But saying he was alone, driving around aimlessly, most of the night, but did remember going stargazing around 4 am, in a closed National Park, during freezing weather with cloudy skies and an ice storm? :rolleyes:

Kohberger was recently booked into the Ada County Jail after the trial was moved to Boise.The first hearing in Ada County will occur on Thursday, Sept. 26, at 2 p.m. A court-provided livestream will be available through Judge John Judge's YouTube channel.

Bringing this ^^^Info forward.

Thursday, Sept. 26, at 2 p.m. A court-provided livestream will be available through Judge John Judge's YouTube channel.

Bringing this ^^^Info forward.

Thursday, Sept. 26, at 2 p.m. A court-provided livestream will be available through Judge John Judge's YouTube channel.
I'm so confused. I thought this would be streamed from the Boise court's channel. @idahofourthdistrictcourt
Why would it still be streaming from Moscow and not Boise? That doesn't make sense to me. Was there a typo in the original post?

I think that if BK's alibi was that he just finished his shift with Law Enforcement, and then went running at a college track, he'd have a better chance with the jury.

But saying he was alone, driving around aimlessly, most of the night, but did remember going stargazing around 4 am, in a closed National Park, during freezing weather with cloudy skies and an ice storm? :rolleyes:
True. The college track is well-lit; a closed national park would not be. Plus, no stars are visible through cloudy skies, and walking is treacherous when ice is forming.

BK might have been a night runner -- but not that night.

I just read that article before coming over here. This seems...excessive.
I understand not wanting to leave pets at home. They can be very comforting in times of emotional stress. But ten people for 3 months does seem like a lot. Having said that, it seems like at least some people feel led by their hearts to contribute, which is very kind of them. I know they are going through a lot of pain.

I understand not wanting to leave pets at home. They can be very comforting in times of emotional stress. But ten people for 3 months does seem like a lot. Having said that, it seems like at least some people feel led by their hearts to contribute, which is very kind of them. I know they are going through a lot of pain.
Seemed a bit odd to me too. It was not my impression KG's family members lived in Moscow-- and even the ones that lived "close" lived as far as 100 miles away. Admittedly Boise is farther away from Moscow than that, but I'd think family members would probably have had trouble doing a 200-mile round trip commute daily for 3 months too. It's not as though they'd be using mass transit. And no matter where the trial was held if family members attended the trial vs going to work, they would miss out on wages. I don't really see why moving the trial created the loss of earnings aspect. But if people want to donate, that's fine.. I'm sure all the families are pretty overwhelmed.
MOO

All MOO

What ice storm? There's video of Linda Lane the entire night and absolutely no ice or snow falling on the camera? There's video from the grub hub truck and no ice/snow. Where are you hearing there was some ice storm that night?

They state in the court submission that he frequently visited Wawawi Park in the small hours.

Mr. Kohberger was out driving in the early morning hours of Nov. 13, 2022; as he often did

Additional information about Kohberger’s whereabouts as the early morning progressed will be addressed once the prosecution provides discovery requested by the defense who intend to submit a Motion to compel if the prosecution aren't cooperative. The defense claims that if this information is not given to them, Si Ray’s testimony (the telecoms expert) will reveal that critical exculpatory evidence, further corroborating Kohberger’s alibi, was either not preserved or withheld. That is a big freaking deal imo.

It's widely known that Bryan was a night owl. Students have reported Bryan marking their papers at unusual hours, neighbors have mentioned him returning home late at night, even vacuuming his apartment in the middle of the night, and friends have indicated they would go on runs together during these late hours which all support his nocturnal habits.

BK's supplemental response doesn't even remotely claim that he was stargazing on that night; instead, it outlines his consistent habits such as running, hiking, and exploring the countryside, often during early morning or late night drives. This detail establishes that being out in the early hours is typical for him, not an anomaly like many of you claim.

All MOO 2cents etc.

I wonder if this is correct??????

nA38tmAxC5m1h7gt9J4nEZd28MQkRUb79HnVy0rj_DvPdcQ6cOWCW46Mf3KGXies-kaZOfVT=s64-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Law&Crime Network

@Brad9099 Boone
hearing has been rescheduled to tomorrow due to the hurricane.

All MOO

What ice storm? There's video of Linda Lane the entire night and absolutely no ice or snow falling on the camera? There's video from the grub hub truck and no ice/snow. Where are you hearing there was some ice storm that night?

They state in the court submission that he frequently visited Wawawi Park in the small hours.

Mr. Kohberger was out driving in the early morning hours of Nov. 13, 2022; as he often did

Additional information about Kohberger’s whereabouts as the early morning progressed will be addressed once the prosecution provides discovery requested by the defense who intend to submit a Motion to compel if the prosecution aren't cooperative. The defense claims that if this information is not given to them, Si Ray’s testimony (the telecoms expert) will reveal that critical exculpatory evidence, further corroborating Kohberger’s alibi, was either not preserved or withheld. That is a big freaking deal imo.

It's widely known that Bryan was a night owl. Students have reported Bryan marking their papers at unusual hours, neighbors have mentioned him returning home late at night, even vacuuming his apartment in the middle of the night, and friends have indicated they would go on runs together during these late hours which all support his nocturnal habits.

BK's supplemental response doesn't even remotely claim that he was stargazing on that night; instead, it outlines his consistent habits such as running, hiking, and exploring the countryside, often during early morning or late night drives. This detail establishes that being out in the early hours is typical for him, not an anomaly like many of you claim.

All MOO 2cents etc.
The weather that night in Wawawi Park was 28 degrees Fahrenheit:

A freeze occurs at any time the surface air temperature reaches 28 degrees or less. This temperature causes damage to most vegetation except certain species which are resistant to freezing. Freeze free period is the number of consecutive days where the air temperature does not fall below 28 degrees Fahrenheit.

The park WAS CLOSED after dusk and until 7 am:

"The gated entrance to the park and campsite grounds is locked daily from dusk until 7:00 a.m., so plan your arrival accordingly and be aware that cars can be locked in overnight."

The skies were cloudy, the weather was freezing, the park was closed to cars, and we are to believe he was inside the park at 4 am?

I do find it interesting that his 'alibi' is basically that he always is known to be out and about alone, in the wee hours, just wandering around aimlessly. That is not a good thing to put in the mind of the jurors, IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back