4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We are going to have to agree to disagree.

The purpose of my post was to point out that both out that both sides haven't been civil to each other in hearings. I didn't mentions the courts documents because there is only 24 hrs in a day and my life outside of the internet is pretty busy sometimes and I can't type as much as I would like. But for example when the defense said "placed" and which was probably used since it's touch dna and Bill Thompson said planted and the defense has never said planted.

During the hearing when they were talking about giving AT more time since her expert died and she already has a new expert and they are playing catch up right now. AT asked for April deadline and Bill Thompson said that if the trial starts in May 2025, that it will be cutting his own throat and that is YouTube channel ran by an attorney that has said that it was inappropriate and even the judge paused and looked at Bill Thompson like what in the word. This is all IMO.

YouTube channel run by an attorney? What matters to me is the judge's YouTube Channel that the professional court transcriptionist puts in the record. Judge JJ J had his own channel. So I will listen to see what is going on and it should be self explanatory. The judge looking at BT means nothing unless the judge puts it in the record. I cannot read the judge's mind. And transcripts alleviate this problem.

I do not care about some publicity hungry attorney unless the judge clarifies it into the transcript.

I would have to see the context for "planted evidence" and it was the defense that said the DNA exchanged several hands, not the prosecution. The prosecution was clear that a strict chain of command was followed and I have seen no defense Motions trying to exclude the DNA.

‘Planted Evidence?’: Bryan Kohberger’s potential defense revealed amid DNA battle​

Eileen Holliday and Angenette Levy July 23rd, 2023, 9:57 am

‘It has to be pretty planned out’

The Law&Crime Network’s Angenette Levy spoke with DNA expert Kristen Slaper about the defense strategy.

“What’s important to remember is that first of all DNA on its own doesn’t mean anything until you have a standard to compare,” Slaper explained.

“The claim is DNA is planted. I think it’s important to remember that Brian Koberger was not known. Nobody knew who did this and I think that’s important because in order for something to be planted. It has to be pretty planned out.”

“To plant someone’s DNA you have to have their DNA first of all. You have to have an item that their DNA is on and know that only their DNA would be found on it.”

And, trials are all about the evidence presented to juries.

To get up in front of a jury and say that maybe someone planted BK's DNA is not enough...the defense would have to show the jury evidence that actually supports this.

Yes they took DNA samples from people who hung around the housemates, a variety of people including their classmates.

Police were investigating many various possible suspects. Many of them provided "DNA," Logsdon writes. "At least one had his DNA surreptitiously taken from discarded cigarette. Many also had their phones taken and downloaded."

Through the first two weeks of December, investigators put some of their focus on classmates of the victims; they also widened the search to examine a man in another state who had been known to send harassing messages to women but had visited Idaho only twice in his life. They looked at a woman previously charged with assaults in the region. They looked at a man once accused of wielding a knife. They looked at sex offenders. They looked at a white supremacist. Each turned out to be a dead end.

The DNA on the snap shows beyond a resonable doubt - 5.37 octillion times - that BK touched the snap. The snap DNA matches BK's cheek DNA.

If I touch you and get some of your skin cells on my finger then touch a snap, your skin cells and my skin cells would both be on the snap. The Idaho State Lab found that the skin cells that were transferred to the snap, called touch DNA, were single source DNA. There was no other DNA mixed in. Period.

There was no sign that anyone's skin cells were on that snap other than BK's skin cells, this is what single source means.

If BK left skin cells on a glass how would the killer transfer BK's skin cells from the glass to the snap?

If I wanted to "plant" a person's DNA at my homicide crime scene why would I decide to do it only on a tiny sheath snap? This is not reasonable. I would take a cup BK touched and leave it at the crime scene.

I believe the jury will find beyond a reasonable doubt that the most reasonable explaination for BK's skin cells to be on the knife sheath snap is because BK touched the snap himself.

And, trials are all about the evidence presented to juries.

To get up in front of a jury and say that maybe someone planted BK's DNA is not enough...the defense would have to show the jury evidence that actually supports this.

Yes they took DNA samples from people who hung around the housemates, a variety of people including their classmates.

Police were investigating many various possible suspects. Many of them provided "DNA," Logsdon writes. "At least one had his DNA surreptitiously taken from a discarded cigarette. Many also had their phones taken and downloaded."

Through the first two weeks of December, investigators put some of their focus on classmates of the victims; they also widened the search to examine a man in another state who had been known to send harassing messages to women but had visited Idaho only twice in his life. They looked at a woman previously charged with assaults in the region. They looked at a man once accused of wielding a knife. They looked at sex offenders. They looked at white supremacists. Each turned out to be a dead end.

The DNA on the snap shows beyond a resonable doubt - 5.37 octillion times - that BK touched the snap. The snap DNA matches BK's cheek DNA.

If I touch you and get some of your skin cells on my finger then touch a snap, your skin cells and my skin cells would both be on the snap. The Idaho State Lab found that the skin cells that were transferred to the snap were single source DNA.

There was no sign that anyone's skin cells were on that snap other than BK's skin cells, this is what single source means.

If BK left skin cells on a glass how would the killer transfer BK's skin cells from the glass to the snap?

If I wanted to "plant" a person's DNA at my homicide crime scene why would I decide to do it only on a tiny sheath snap? This is not reasonable. I would take a cup BK touched and leave it at the crime scene.

I believe the jury will find beyond a reasonable doubt that the most reasonable explaination for BK's skin cells to be on the knife sheath snap is because BK touched the snap himself.

2 Cents

RSBM
No there isn't, and I don't see how anyone could expect it. I blame the criminals, no-one else.
Yes. I agree. But at the same time, it's important defendants not be assumed to be criminals at the start by jurors. Not sure how to balance it all out. The $10/day pay and the 67¢ per mile reimbursement for jury service don't do a lot to help!

I do appreciate the judge wanting to make the 3 months or so of service more palatable for jurors including jurors who have school-aged kids. I just don't think a May start date will do that.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back