48 Hours Mystery

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi all,

I copied my post from FFJ. Sorry. Kind of tired.

WOW. I just finished watching the show.

This is 100 percent so different than the Tracey crock I can't even tell you.

Jayelles, Why_Nut and FFJ'ers you should all feel very proud.

Had we not exposed Michael Tracey's lie about the "Prime Suspect" this 48 Hours program would have been a lot different.

We would have seen a show that focused on the "Prime Suspect" without ever naming him. We would have seen a show with interviews with the "suspects" friends saying how awful he was. We would have seen the "suspect's" home, we would have heard about his past, and he would have been fingered as THE SUSPECT, THE KILLER, of JonBenet.

But because FFJ exposed Tracey's plan, and we contacted Tom Bennett of the Boulder D.A.'s office who told us this "suspect" was no such thing and was not even considered a suspect, the 48 Hours program was gutted and reduced to rehasing old info and throwing in a few new interviews.

One more thing. This just shows how Michael Tracey is such a liar.

The producer of the 48 Hours show wrote me an email. Out of the blue. Here is part of the unsolicited email. Bold is mine.

"Also, as I wrote before, CBS is responsible for this story, not Michael
Tracey, not David Mills. Mr. Tracey and Mr. Mills have not been shown any
scripts of the program. They will see the program for the first time when
the rest of the country sees the program (9pm in the mountain time zone).
We are using parts of certain interviews they did, but we have selected
what sound bites we would use. Neither Mr. Tracey nor Mr. Mills know what
sound bites we have selected.

I just wanted to clarify things. Whether you and the other participants
in Forums For Justice like, hate, or are indifferent to our program, it is
a CBS program. It is not a re-run of the Mills/Tracey British
documentary."

Now from Tracey's press release.

The documentary will air on the CBS show "48 Hours Mystery" on Dec. 18 and on Court Television in January.

http://www.colorado.edu/news/releases/2004/385.html

Let me repeat myself. The 48 Hours show WAS NOT the Tracey crock. Not even close. They used one quick interview with Kenady and a few of the JonBenet pageant snippits and that's about it.

I hope Michael Tracey is totally humilated. I can only imagine his anger as he watched the show, for the first time, and saw his great "prime suspect" gutted to something that didn't even resemble what he set out to do.

I hope CBS News knows they got taken. I bet they bought the crock before we exposed it for what it was.

By the way, the Peterson P.I. WAS NOT in Tracey's crock. Neither was the "suspect" they showed with his faced blurred out. Hey they had to add some filler since Tracey's crock was exposed.

It is alleged that Lucy/Amy's attacker used her name during the attack - hence drawing the conclusion that he singled her out - and supposedly linking her to the murder of jonbenet ramsey.

OK. However, it's not unique for a killer to use the victim's name:-

Montes later followed the 14-year-old Limerick girl to a chateau at Blere in the Loire Valley where he tried to abduct her that night.

"I was terrified. He was calling my name. He had gone through my bags and found a notebook with my name on it. He asked me would I come down and help him fix his car. I looked around quickly and noticed everyone was still asleep," said Valerie.
http://www.limerick-leader.ie/issues/20010421/news03.html

This guy, Francisco Arce Montes has been found guilty of the murder of 13 year old Caroline Dickinson in a youth hostel in July 1996.

He is accused of several similar attacks. His MO seems to be that he spies the girls in some public location and he follows them to their homes/accommodation. Later, he breaks into the accommodation whilst everyone is asleep and he pokes around looking through their possessions. Then he assaults the girls whilst they are asleep.

He has a private income which has enabled him to travel all over Europe and the US working (casually) as a waiter. He was finally arrested in Florida a year or so ago.

Montes isn't a blonde man in his 20s, but he is a short man with grey hair (I've seen film footage of him). His victims have ranged from very young girls to adult women.

As I predicted, some people can't accept the fact that the DNA does not match either John or Patsy (couldn't match Patsy anyway because it's from a male.) Finally, this case is being taken seriously...there may be justice for JonBenet afterall!
Karen

I was interested in seeing all the 'strange' fellows who had shrines in their homes about JonBenet, and having their DNA cleared as suspects. That would be progress as far as I am concerned. Shortening the list of weird suspects.

Now then, I learned last night that 'Amy's mom got a GOOD LOOK at the pervert who invaded Amy's room. Where is Jeane Boylan, call her up get her QUICK!!

WHAT, no one has done that, shame on LE, shame on everyone else who had such BIG revelations about the KILLER not being the RAmseys, shame on Tracey, shame on Smit, shame on BPD, shame on Alex Hunter, shame on CBS for not filling in this last crack. AMY's mother TOLD BPD that she saw the home invader, told them she got a GOOD look at the invader, hmmm. Lets include a shame on Mary Keenan and a shame on Governor Owens, for not calling in a special investigator. The good thing that came from this program that I perceive is that gumshoe Peterson, dug up this potential case solving tidbit, AMY's MOM could give a good description of the HOME INVADER. IF NOT solving JonBenets murder then a child molester pervert, who appears to hang out in BOULDER, DUH.

HECK show a Jeane sp? Boylan sketch on the CBS SHOW, we might have OUR killer quicker than a cat can blink its eye.

----------The little thingie that came to mind this morning, WHY did JAR respond forgiveness when asked what should happen to the KILLER of JonBenet? Or is my memory hazy on that point?

Has AMY's mom forgiven her childs abuser and home invader?

luvbeaches said:
Don't forget he took her red top off, washed it out and left it in a wadded ball on the sink top. Very considerate killer.

Let's put this one "myth" to rest . She was dressed in the same star shirt when her body was found that she had worn to the White's. It is not a fact , never was that she had worn that red top that day.

My beefs with this show:

The general public watching this show and/or Erin Moriarty's appearance on Catherine Crier could come away with the opinion that the Ramsey's had been officially cleared in the case, when in fact the show only showed interviews with unofficial sources (and an old Lou Smit video).

The premise of the show was that the Ramsey's couldn't have done it because of the DNA evidence, yet the parade of unsavory characters (Helgoth, Oliva, et al) who don't match either could have been co-conspirators with the DNA-leaving perp.

AuntieKaren said:
As I predicted, some people can't accept the fact that the DNA does not match either John or Patsy (couldn't match Patsy anyway because it's from a male.) Finally, this case is being taken seriously...there may be justice for JonBenet afterall!
Karen
How can you be certain, that the DNA is related to the crime?

There was a disclaimer printed on the TV screen about some folks not happy with the methods that Peterson used to 'invetigate'. Wonder what that means

PLUS all of the money according to JOHN that was sent for JonBenet was spent according to JOHN on their own PI's. Wonder how much pay those PI's got, wonder how come they did not 'tietogether' the UNKNOWN fact that AMY's MOM could identify the 'Home invader/sex perp"?

Lots of Hmmm's to go around!

CBS could afford Jeanne sp? Boylan, why didn't they put a complete package together. Puzzle always has missing pieces!

I do believe that is because the R's have sawed off the edges of the pieces so they donut fit the BIG Puzzle. MOO

Added note on the show, CBS happily showed us that all the Shrine people DNA cleared them. HOWEVER, IF IF IF all of those people had comitted suicide, we could still point at an ODD method of suicide coulda pointed at a co partner killing the shrine person. We would have soooooooooooo many more possibilities and UNKNOWN SUSPECTS TO CHASE.

Peterson has a great deal of believability, CBS, I donut know about them.

IF I recall correctly isn't Peterson the detective that Mary Keenan put on the case, am I right?

-----------

---------

mihaff said:
Saw 48 hours. more speculation by two publicity seeking PI's.

The Santa clause.
Westword Sep 30, 1999
When former governor Roy Romer lost his seat as chairman of the Democratic National Committee last week, Colorado lost some of its national prominence -- and local detective R. W. "Pete" Peterson lost one of his favorite targets. Back in early 1998, when the Washington, D.C., magazine Insight revealed that it had pictures of the then-newly appointed chairman in a six-minute smooch with his former assistant, Peterson coyly let himself be credited with the Romer scoop, although the video actually came from another snoop. But Peterson's not one to stay out of the limelight for long. In fact, on Friday he thrust himself right back into it, calling a press conference in Los Angeles to reveal that he'd identified a prime suspect in another long-running Colorado story: the murder of JonBenét Ramsey.

And who did Peterson finger? None other than Bill McReynolds, the former University of Colorado journalism teacher and part-time Santa beloved by JonBenét, and McReynolds's wife, Janet. Never mind that McReynolds is one of a handful of people actually cleared by the Boulder Police Department during its 33 months of excruciating labor -- we all know journalists are guilty of something.
http://www.westword.com/issues/1999-09-30/news/offlimits_print.html

It was interesting to see the surveillance done in and around Boulder during the night. This information was suggested early on that there was a dangerous divide in Boulder, the haves and the have nots, a very volatile brew. I'm not sure if it's been duplicated anywhere else in the US. An area where real estate is above the reach of all but a few, yet rental rooms abound, in basements, attics and garage lofts. Where is the middle class, can they not afford to rent an apartment, a house, or buy a small cottage? It's fine to have exclusive areas, gated communities, etc. but where is there another one where the homeless live among them like rats in the alley hoping to raid a literal trash can or two? The night prowling was very disturbing, yet again says much about the inept BPD.
One would wonder if it's accepted, as well, accepted among the intellectuals who see the situation from a philosophical point of view. A beat influence ,live and let live, heck if I know???

sissi said:
Let's put this one "myth" to rest . She was dressed in the same star shirt when her body was found that she had worn to the White's. It is not a fact , never was that she had worn that red top that day.

Thank you!!
Karen

Eagle1 said:
He looked to be possibly blonde with a possibly jutting chin. Face looked sort of heart-shaped, pointed chin.

I may even have a bookmark, or a printout of the sketch in one of my big 3-ring binders, but I wouldn't know how to send it, once it's scanned. You email someone? Maybe someone else has it?

Good Point, I remember sketchman. I don't have a pix maybe ACandyRose has it?

But sketchman appeared to be fair headed.

Tressa

I do remember that picture of sketch man, I donut remember 'the who' that did the sketch. I could point him out in a line up IF IF he was there.

But.

Jeanne Boylan could put them all to shame, when you see comparative sketches by this police artiste and that one with Jeanne's exquisite drawings, they do not even look the same, Jeanne is so right on.

WHile we are at it, lets go to Waterford MI and have Jeanne talk with the man who was propositioned by a person that called themselves John Ramsey Jr., and have her do a drawing of what the guy looked like that had the loose $10,000 to pay for a boat accident to kill JonBenet.

Sorry IF IF I sound like a broken record. Media in that instance ONLY reported that the Ramsey attorney stated that JAR was NOT In MI at that time. No wonderment about THE WHO that was trying to hire Jon Benets killer, wellllllllllllllll, gee whiz, let me off this planet it is spinning too fast for me.

Hmmm, duh, huh?

Hey IF IF Ramsey and company are reading here, Wudge do you know IF IF they are, have them divvy up the money for Jeanne Boylan to go to Waterford MI, and do a drawing, from the undercover agents recollection, of the person who tried to hire him for a hit.

TressaRing, yes, that's what I said, fair-haired, blonde.

Maybe it was that Jeanne Boylan who drew Sketchman. Has anyone checked ACR? Another possibility, I'll bet Beebee knows where we could find the sketch. We were discussing it at another forum which didn't have so many members. I'm sure she'd remember.

Meanwhile I'll keep looking. Anyone know if the description of the party on the 23rd is in Schiller's book? He mentions the one they had for the church Foyer Group on Dec. 12, early-on, pg 69, in the paperback version, and FW's two Ca. visitors, about pg 43. Pg 132, JonBenet took McSanta on a tour of the whole house, incl bsmt, called him "Old Sam". Why? From some story he'd been telling her?

Part 2, pg 223, some of the AUTOPSY was CENSORED. Just some notes in case we need them later, while I'm looking for the Dec. 23 party. In Steve Thomas' book, he seems to still suspect McSanta very near the end. Says he wasn't cleared.

No. They only got twoo three markers of the degraded and minimum DNA in the nails. That's what they said. So, they can't get a match against 9 or 12 markers. It's ludicrous. All what they could say (if true) if that there' ins't a no-match. But with three markers, the probability of and innocent" match is high.

Try all you want but you cannot dismiss the dna. Cant spin it into being a factory worker in Asia when its mixed with her blood in her panties and no where else on the panties and it matches the dna under her fingernails. DNA technology has made great improvements since 1996....not that any was actually tested by the BPD during their investigation.

It seems fairly promising but whenever evidence that was new came up in this damn case they made it seem promising. I think it has now just turned into feats of desperation. 'sides now if you think this guy did it you gotta look into his life to find out who the other guy was. BTW I thought the coroner tainted the evidence in the fingerprints when he used the same nailclipper for each nail. They might as well follow this lead though after all the casefile is sitting on the shelf somewhere collecting dust otherwise. Though I also agree Burke is hiding something. They've gotta get him to speak somehow.

If the investigators had found evidence that JBR had skin under her fingernails and some type of bodily fluid on her body that came from someone other that those in the house, they never would even consider the parents. The fact that they didn't, ought to tell you something. THe so called dna is not the type left by another but more likely some type of cross contamination. IMO the note it the key.

48 Hours puts out the attention grabbing headlines and then gives you a lot of nothing in the end. They throw a lot of people into the picture only to have them officially cleared by their DNA evidence. Maybe the police actually did more investigative work than what some would want to believe. If they didn't collect DNA from these folks, maybe they had reasons to know that these people didn't do it without even having to take DNA samples. But, maybe they really are that bad at their job. Moriarty(sp) keeps referring to the ongoing investigation by the DA's office. I wonder just exactly what they are investigating other than the DNA. Then, there are all these people doing all this other investigative work on their own. They have been working the nearly 8 years and have failed to come with anything concrete. It's been out of the BPD's hands for how long now, and there still isn't anyone even near being charged with this crime. So, that tells me that maybe the Boulder DA's office is still as bad as it was when Hunter and his cronies were running it. About the DNA, remember, it was Dr. Lee that said this wasn't a DNA case. He could have been talking about the way so many people handled the case wrong from the onset. Such as, clipping the nails with the same clippers, so much disturbance of the crime scene itself, and the lack of police to even handle the initial crime scene. I would think that any DNA evidence presented in court could very well be shot down rather easily since there were so many proven screwups. This wasn't any improvement over the first show that 48 Hours did with Moriarty a few years ago. She reminds me a lot of their recent retiree.

I think that what they managed to do most was give any half-way decent defense lawyer more grounds to get ANY defendant off. Even I could probably throw out a pretty good case for doubt. and I don't have a college degree at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back