4937 Hopespring Dr Goes into Foreclosure

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those pesky little squirrels always giving the Anthonys problems, first they made KCs car spell like human decomposition and now they confiscated the BOA papers so G & C wouldnt know they werent making their house payments. Those pesky little squirrels are probably sitting in the trees laughing at the Anthonys (you know like the Windex commerical with the birds) . :floorlaugh:

Nahh-I think they're sittin around thinkin'-
OF ALL THE TOWNS IN ALL THE WORLD THEY HAD TO COME TO MINE!!
squirrel_drinking_animated.gif

OT but the Foundation thread is locked. Was just at their website 2 minutes ago and was visitor 826. Considering I`ve been there at least 10 times, that`s sad.
OT...even sadder...most of the hits were probably us.

OK.......this is a hot topic.......I will ever so briefly play devils advocate ( though I don't like doing that because there are enough opposing opinions to cover alternative theories).......

I wonder....if there will be any accusations of a "supposed" vendetta against the Anthony family by BOA suggested by the Anthony family during this process.

Now as I back away........

What happened to the refi money the Anthony's received? According to my calculations they should have gotten about $48,500, but I could be missing something. Here's what I did:

Purchased house in 1989 for $90,900. I assumed a 30-yr. mortgage.

According to Freddie Mac http://www.freddiemac.com/pmms/pmms30.htm the interest rates at the time were in the high 9's to low 11's. Not knowing the Anthony's rate I used the average rate for the year, 10.32%.

Plugging that data into an amortization calculator http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/mortgages/amortization-calculator.aspx shows the principle owed at time of refinance, May 2005, was $72,664. (I plugged a start date of May 1989 since I don't know the actual month their payments started)

The amount mortgaged at refinancing was $121,160 so they possibly received up to $48,496 in cash if my thinking and calculations are correct.

Did all this cash go towards paying for George's and/or Casey's debts? Or the swimming pool or maybe George and Cindy's vehicles? There's really no telling where it went, I guess.

I just don't think it's fair that they (or anyone) can do a refi like this, spend all the cash, and then a few years later quit paying. I guess we could blame the banks for loaning the money in the first place because it sure does illustrate why our government (taxpayers) had to bail the industry out.

It makes me angry that people feel entitled to do things like this and don't think about the consequences. They obviously aren't fans of Dave Ramsey.

If the A family refinanced their home and their property value supported a loan then they are no less entitled to spend the money than anyone else. People do it every day...some finance boob jobs...some take trips......some add furniture......some gamble......IIRC has there not been mention of paying off some KC and GA debts?????

In 2005 the property values in Fl were MUCH higher than they are now. When you borrow money against the equity in your own home you should be able to do with it as you please. Listen I don't support the A family behavior and I am certainly suspicious of many of their actions....BUT.......I don't see their behavior regarding their equity any more careless than millions of other Floridians.

I don't see anything wrong with putting in a pool or purchasing a vehicle. We can be angry all we want about the situation as it is NOW.....but is there anyone here that could have predicted the crash in the market......dropping property values....and the murder of a grandchild back then?

If the A family refinanced their home and their property value supported a loan then they are no less entitled to spend the money than anyone else. People do it every day...some finance boob jobs...some take trips......some add furniture......some gamble......IIRC has there not been mention of paying off some KC and GA debts?????

In 2005 the property values in Fl were MUCH higher than they are now. When you borrow money against the equity in your own home you should be able to do with it as you please. Listen I don't support the A family behavior and I am certainly suspicious of many of their actions....BUT.......I don't see their behavior regarding their equity any more careless than millions of other Floridians.

I don't see anything wrong with putting in a pool or purchasing a vehicle. We can be angry all we want about the situation as it is NOW.....but is there anyone here that could have predicted the crash in the market......dropping property values....and the murder of a grandchild back then?

No, don't get me wrong. I completely agree with you that people should be able to spend their money on whatever they want. But, my problem is that they are borrowing the money to spend instead of earning it! If people want to finance boob jobs, trips and gambling, fine, but pay it back! If they had every intention of paying back the borrowed money and made every honest effort to do so, then good. All of us have fallen on hard times at some point and needed help. I believe the Anthony's could have paid $785 a month or at least part of it over the last 9 months but they chose to pay nothing. They should have made some effort to pay, or if they are really that destitute they both should have gone back to work. Their situation has nothing to do with the crash in the market. They've lived in that house for 20 years. Fiscally responsible people do not refinance their home for 100% of the value after they've been paying on the loan for 16 years. Fiscally responsible people pay off thier loans not take on more debt.

A few days ago I was going to resign from this circus but here I am again - sucked in!

Just one small detail to add. Ya think Bank of America didn't call them after the FIRST LATE PAYMENT? Of course they did! They called and called and called - and they have it all logged.

Someone gag me - I am screaming at my computer!!:furious::furious::furious::furious:

Now off to find out about GA having an affair??? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

It's Happy Hour somewhere - right?

A few days ago I was going to resign from this circus but here I am again - sucked in!

Just one small detail to add. Ya think Bank of America didn't call them after the FIRST LATE PAYMENT? Of course they did! They called and called and called - and they have it all logged.

Someone gag me - I am screaming at my computer!!:furious::furious::furious::furious:

I'm sorry your resignation will not be accepted. Should you choose to resign in the future....please request the "Case Resignation package" between the hours of 3:00AM and 4:00 AM according to the time in the Federated States of Micronesia. Please submit your request in Latin, red ink, and written in reverse.

BBM...in the parking lot...Basement Party...fully stocked Tiki Bar...

???? If no mortgage payments were made for 9 months - would wonder if the Homeowners Insurance payments were made??? If not..........????

M husband forgot to pay the mortgage last month. Ten days later I received a phone call and a letter requesting payment ASAP. I ran to the bank right away.There is no way the A's did not receive multiple notices.

Sitting here scratching my head and wondering....how does one with no money to pay their monthly mortgage have money to hire yet ANOTHER lawyer? Why did they need a new lawyer why not use Conway?

Maybe they had to find a new lawyer, who didn't have his own foreclosure hanging over his head. :rolleyes:

Or maybe it was stuck to the front door, which BOA should have known the A family does not use or look at.

Sorry AZ...should have read to the end of the thread before posting. :)

OT...even sadder...most of the hits were probably us.
A legitimate foundation would have hits in the millions...mainly from us as well, plus our friends!!

Sad too and even On T, I just read on AwC's news thread that the A's are going into foreclosure for 7k. 7k

They could sell off KC's sunglasses on ebay and make 10 times that. I sure would. Actually her room would be my rage therapy spa. Me, scissors, good times lol!!

I thought it was horrible and very financially dangerous when people were allowed to get home equity loans and spend it on whatever instead of only being allowed for modest home improvements.

I can't for the life of me figure out why the Anthonys would hire a foreclosure attorney, when they all are gonna be residing in the BIG HOUSE shortly!

JMHO

???? If no mortgage payments were made for 9 months - would wonder if the Homeowners Insurance payments were made??? If not..........????

Or local property tax payments? We paid all of them together in our mortgage and every 6 months the Mortgage co paid them to the Insurer and the Tax office.
They could be up for a Sheriff's sale if they haven't paid taxes......

I can think of several reasons to let the house go......I can't imagine one reason why they'd want to try and fight to save the house at this point? They made a conscious decision to quit paying the mortgage - it boggles the mind as to the logic in hiring an atty to stop what they put in motion.....oh wait.....that's what they do!

Was I not reading somewhere very recently that said the lawyer is provided no charge during the foreclosure process but the court may allocate costs at the end of the process to the foreclosuree? I think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snathan