8/20 Ron takes plea, will testify in Haleighs trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IDK, but at 1st, I thought Misty was covering for Ron, but then I spent a long time thinking he was covering for her. I never really fully gave up on that theory. but after the bust, he seemed to push Misty aside-like his attitude was 'every man for himself'. I don't like that theory, because it's just wrong on so many levels, but I think there's the possibility that he loved Misty more than he wanted justice for Haleigh. After this case 1st broke, Misty went to her mom's, but soon went back to Ron. I always wondered why. I hope & pray that it's because he knew that she wasn't responsible, but it could've been because he saw her tears, believed she was suffering, & decided to forgive her. Ron may have had a moment of insight, & realized that his actions were partly to blame? IDK, but we may find out if he ever gets the chance to testify. Also, because of Tommy's actions, changed stories, etc...there is the possibility that Misty was somehow covering for him, & Ron realized that she wasn't responsible, & that's why he harbored her. I can only guess, but there are reasons for Ron's actions.

IMHO.. All of Ron's actions involve covering Ron's rear...No matter what........

[/B]
Yes, they do. It is done everyday. Almost everyone gets a deal if they don't take it to trial.

Pleas's are More than Habitual in this State and too close for comfort to becoming pretty much Mandatory.

After listening to the plea deal details read in court, I have to say I agree with the person who said there was not a single mention of Haleigh's case. I am more apt to believe that RC has helped them in getting to some of the main players in a drug bust--that may not have even happened yet. He had a source other than the UC. person as having to get prescriptions from the VA. I would be willing toHe mentioned the bet he had several of these sources. We have no way of knowing yet how many upcoming cases that are drug related could possibly be part of this plea agreement. Or maybe there is a big bust about to come down. It would be logical to think that Shoemaker may have thrown in the Haleigh time to throw someone off guard as to what he is really going to testify about. Just a thought.

Didn't donna brock get her Rx from Va?

I've got the sick feeling that Ron will slide right through as usual on this entire case and LE will most likely end up making an apology to him. His (Ron's) actions will be explained away that Ron was trying to help LE and got caught up in the arrest. This really stinks..........

I totally agree with you here lone. I think he's going to get off with time served and an apology. He's got something on someone in a high place down there in Putnam County, I'm not sure why I feel this way, but I do. He's going to pull the "I was trying to find my daughter," routine and walk.

JMO, MOO, and all other disclaimers.

I think Ron is mega screwed.

Now that hes obligated to testify for the State in a Haleigh case, if hes charged in her murder, is he obligated to talk, meaning, he can't take the fifth? And if he scoffs at it, then he gets those two 25 year charges back? So hes not in a win win situation here.

We are talking about Ron going to testify and tell the truth if charges are ever brought in a trial for the person/s responsible for Haleigh's death. These two words in the same sentence? Does this deal give him immunity for withholding evidence that could have solved this case from the beginning?

If he is going to testify against Misty, she still can unload a boatload of stuff against him for many things. If it is against Tommy, Tommy has pretty much already screwed himself. If it is against JO, we may learn more about drugs for guns, why he denied Joe was even there and no fight, where that gun came from and where it is now. And if JO really did more than just be part of the clean up crew, why has he not riden to Mexico with his folks and disappeared down there? If it is against Timmy, maybe that's why he is staying out of PC. Would the State take his word without any other evidence to back it up?

We are talking about Ron going to testify and tell the truth if charges are ever brought in a trial for the person/s responsible for Haleigh's death. These two words in the same sentence? Does this deal give him immunity for withholding evidence that could have solved this case from the beginning?

If he is going to testify against Misty, she still can unload a boatload of stuff against him for many things. If it is against Tommy, Tommy has pretty much already screwed himself. If it is against JO, we may learn more about drugs for guns, why he denied Joe was even there and no fight, where that gun came from and where it is now. And if JO really did more than just be part of the clean up crew, why has he not riden to Mexico with his folks and disappeared down there? If it is against Timmy, maybe that's why he is staying out of PC. Would the State take his word without any other evidence to back it up?

Good post, Lorann. I don't think that the State would just take Ron's word for anything. There has to be something to it. If they are giving Ron the opportunity to testify on behalf of the State, IMO, they already know what Ron is going to say and testify to. With that being said, I think that whatever Ron knows is going to help their case, one way or another. I would like to see something done to him for withholding this information, but I just don't think that's going to happen. IDK.

JMO of course

well, when he 1st got busted, that's exactly what TN was implying... that Ron sacrificed his freedom, to deal with Misty, so he could get to the truth. but I never believed it. MOO.

oh, and remember that she tried to say that he was at the convenience store and just happened to jump in the car-until she found out that there was videotape of her son actually dealing drugs-then she comes up with the sacrifice idea....

I totally agree with you here lone. I think he's going to get off with time served and an apology. He's got something on someone in a high place down there in Putnam County, I'm not sure why I feel this way, but I do. He's going to pull the "I was trying to find my daughter," routine and walk.

JMO, MOO, and all other disclaimers.

I wholeheartedly agree... That UTube song that weird guy sang earlier in this mess goes something like this-"something's wrong in Putnam County, something's wrong, a little girl is missing, somethings wrong'....

I am of the belief this will go-time served. AND, I wholeheartedly hope I am WRONG!

really good post...& I hadn't even wondered why Joe didn't just get lost in Mexico. Timmy...he really is the mystery guy, isn't he? & I wonder how involved he is. He has been questioned by LE, (14 hrs, was it?), so I don't feel too bad, speculating...he makes me wonder what the heck went on, to make him get the heck out of Dodge & never come back-not even with his family falling to pieces. he just stays gone. That must've been some night.

I wholeheartedly agree... That UTube song that weird guy sang earlier in this mess goes something like this-"something's wrong in Putnam County, something's wrong, a little girl is missing, somethings wrong'....

I am of the belief this will go-time served. AND, I wholeheartedly hope I am WRONG!

Are you talking about this song?

Somethings Going On Down In Florida
Down in Florida something isn't right
Something is going on in Putnam County
Something going on day and night
Dealers down there dealing drugs like candy
Coke, meth ecstacy and pot
A resume that dealers don't get time you see.
Because prosecutors always seems to have the charges dropped.

There is a mobile home down there in Putnam County
A toddler bed sits empty on the floor
Child gone.. no sign of forced entry
Late night laundry done.. cinder block by the door

Florida's DCF's hands are bloody
Sheriff will bearly show his face
They are whispering down in Putnam County
Criminals are royalty and babies are fair game.

I disagree with the bolded statement, Kamky. I think LE was well aware of Ron's involvement with drugs. It is possible that he was not the intended target of the drug sting. The facts tell us otherwise, however.

• Tommy and Misty sold drugs to the UC on 12/22/09. No arrest
  • Misty and Donna sold a significant amount of drugs to the UC on 01/08/10, enough to put Misty away for at least 25 years. No arrest.
  • The following six transactions involved Misty and Ron (and Hope, in two instances; a juvenile in one).
  • All could've been busted at any time during transactions 1-6. (I believe seven and eight were essentially parts I and II of the same transaction.) Yet the sting progressed until Ron and Misty accepted drugs from the UC with the intent to sell them.
That tells me LE wasn't going to stop until they had Misty and Ron by the you-know-what's.

Shoemaker would like us to believe that was just a fluke. The investigation took a side turn when Ron became involved, and the end result differed from the original objective. I call BS and am aghast at
Shoemaker's statement after he won a deal for his client based on information his client holds about Haleigh's death. Would he have us believe that LE didn't know Ron held information before his arrest? :burn:

(We really need a BS smiley.)

BBM:

Wasn't it in December when Hank, Sr. called LE and reported that 300 of his pills had been stolen? It is neither here nor there, but I do think that Ronald is going to say that those pills Tommy and Misty sold belonged to Hank, Sr.. LOL, I was listening to the scanner when Hank, Sr. called more than once concerning those pills. I think we may see Hank, Sr. in more trouble than he is now.

I think Ronald is going to give up every dealer he can think of. After all, he has known them for literally years. Ronald is a snitch and I cannot see him doing well in prison no matter how long he is there. Other inmates do not like snitches. He may be hanging himself with his 'deal'.

I also really agree to the other statement in your post I bolded, Bessie! I think LE wanted Ronald as well as the rest of them.

JMO

I think Ron is mega screwed.

Now that hes obligated to testify for the State in a Haleigh case, if hes charged in her murder, is he obligated to talk, meaning, he can't take the fifth? And if he scoffs at it, then he gets those two 25 year charges back? So hes not in a win win situation here.

I agree, from what I have been reading on the net it seems that Ron has been blind sided in a sense. He can't plea the fifth if he is called to testify against Misty or a future Murder trial? I am no legal eagle, and this would be a great question for one of our legal eagles here at WS.

If and when he is called to testify in the Haleigh Murder case, that IMO will surface within the next few months after everyone is sentence if not sooner I hope. He will have to answer to any and all questions I assume and if he doesn't then he will have to serve his 25 yr sentence x2?

I agree, from what I have been reading on the net it seems that Ron has been blind sided in a sense. He can't plea the fifth if he is called to testify against Misty or a future Murder trial? I am no legal eagle, and this would be a great question for one of our legal eagles here at WS.

If and when he is called to testify in the Haleigh Murder case, that IMO will surface within the next few months after everyone is sentence if not sooner I hope. He will have to answer to any and all questions I assume and if he doesn't then he will have to serve his 25 yr sentence x2?

I would think that he has already told LE what he will testify too and has immunity from further prosecution, if the testimony involves illegal drugs or weapons. They wouldn't "have" him on that stuff without his own testimony, and if they need/want him to testify against Misty, that's a good trade-off since Ron is already going to jail for 2 or 3 times the usual sentence.

I have been reading this thread for a couple of days and felt unable to respond. My first reaction concerning Ron's plea was pure shock and disgust. Why, of all the people that have received sentences, on all of their charges, does Ron get "the break" ? I must still hope that the state has more in store for Ronnie. I can't accept that they would dismiss the heaviest charges against him when he clearly takes an active roll in these drug deals. If they really believed Ron to be the "greiving father", they wouldn't have busted him in the first place, IMO.

No, there MUST be some higher plan in the works here.

What makes me even sicker is that Ron only volunteers the truth when his *advertiser censored** is on the line. Haleigh is his daughter and he has to be threatened to tell the truth about her disappearance. He should be locked up in the toughest prison Florida has to offer and his stay should far exceed this pitiful deal the state is offering now.

BBM:

Wasn't it in December when Hank, Sr. called LE and reported that 300 of his pills had been stolen? It is neither here nor there, but I do think that Ronald is going to say that those pills Tommy and Misty sold belonged to Hank, Sr.. LOL, I was listening to the scanner when Hank, Sr. called more than once concerning those pills. I think we may see Hank, Sr. in more trouble than he is now.

I think Ronald is going to give up every dealer he can think of. After all, he has known them for literally years. Ronald is a snitch and I cannot see him doing well in prison no matter how long he is there. Other inmates do not like snitches. He may be hanging himself with his 'deal'.

I also really agree to the other statement in your post I bolded, Bessie! I think LE wanted Ronald as well as the rest of them.

JMO

How could Hank Sr, complaine to the police if 300 of his pills were stolen when a person can't get more then so many pills at a time...especially a narcotic? He couldn't have gotten that many pills legally from a doctor at one time.

How could Hank Sr, complaine to the police if 300 of his pills were stolen when a person can't get more then so many pills at a time...especially a narcotic? He couldn't have gotten that many pills legally from a doctor at one time.
This may have been where the Dr shopping charges came from. He would be have to be pretty lame to report this to LE, if he received these from different doctors. You are right, in that, one doctor would not prescribe that many pills (narcotics) at one time. And, I doubt he was the type to have left overs.

This may have been where the Dr shopping charges came from. He would be have to be pretty lame to report this to LE, if he received these from different doctors. You are right, in that, one doctor would not prescribe that many pills (narcotics) at one time. And, I doubt he was the type to have left overs.
it's like Misty calling the cops because her purse was stolen...while BUYING DRUGS!!! & Ron telling cops, (did he file a report?), that Timmy called him a Fat A.. B****! lol, one of the few truly funny moments in this case. & Ron & Misty calling 911 during their road rage adventure-but Not giving their own names. They were having fun!

it's like Misty calling the cops because her purse was stolen...while BUYING DRUGS!!! & Ron telling cops, (did he file a report?), that Timmy called him a Fat A.. B****! lol, one of the few truly funny moments in this case. & Ron & Misty calling 911 during their road rage adventure-but Not giving their own names. They were having fun!
I am shocked that these people don't have any more "street smarts" given their history of crime. Imagine calling LE to report that 300 pills (narcotics) have been stolen...and then the call to LE , by Misty, after her drug deal went bad...

He was doctor shopping, so he could very well have that many pills missing. We do not know how many pills he was getting from each doctor.

Im definitely curious on how this will all come out for this whole bunch. My greatest hope is that Haleigh will be found and given a proper burial and Everyone involved spends many years if not life in prison!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back