8 Die in Crash on Taconic State Parkway #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blondie, I have pretty much always thought there was more to the story. Not that knowing what that is/was will bring anyone back or change what happened that day but it has always felt to me like there was some murky stuff below the surface of what was being reported.

Nine hours???? WTH??? Okay...now I have to go read at the links (but that sure sounds like there's much more to this story).

My feelings exactly. 9 hours? That's one long phone call.
I wonder why the article doesn't say who is the person she was talking to. Surely phone records show who the person is.

We may never learn more about Diane Schuler's 9 hour telephone call or her husband's arrival at the camp the day after first reported, but therein is the information that explains her "suicide drive".

Thanks for the link SleuthyMama. I am convinced Dan Schuler's irrational protestations were self-preservation to avoid his own culpability in the 8 deaths.

Could that 9 hour phone call been a "accident"? You know, when your phone dials a number and you don't know about it? I'm wondering about phone on floor, mashed by ??, dials number?? Would DS have had to be on the phone for 9 hours?? Wouldn't the phone have hung up after a period of time if it were an accident? Sure would like to know who the recipient of that call was....

IWanna-the nine hour phone call was made the night BEFORE the crash, while they were at the campground.

Just feel very sad for the little children who perished one year ago today. Thanks everyone for posting your thoughts about this tragedy.

We may never have all the answers to why and how this happened. We only know that it did, and that these innocent children and other innocent people perished from the actions of Diane Schuler.

I for one will never forget this story, and pray that something like this will never happen again.

My heart goes out

IWanna-the nine hour phone call was made the night BEFORE the crash, while they were at the campground.

Yes, SleuthyMama, I caught that it was the night before, and I was wondering if she actually made a call, or if the phone just sat there with an open line for 9 hours, accidental call......or if one of the kids made the call. Questions. More questions.

Sorry, IWanna - my mistake, I thought you were asking if the call could have been made accidentally during the accident. My apologies.

Yes, SleuthyMama, I caught that it was the night before, and I was wondering if she actually made a call, or if the phone just sat there with an open line for 9 hours, accidental call......or if one of the kids made the call. Questions. More questions.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but with my phone, if i accidentally dial someone, it only continues to run up minutes if someone is on the other line. Wow, just read that back, doesn't make much sense. Basically if I butt dial, and someone hangs up on me, then it cuts my timer off. It would never make it to 9 hours. Maybe her phone was different carrier and that's a possibility?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but with my phone, if i accidentally dial someone, it only continues to run up minutes if someone is on the other line. Wow, just read that back, doesn't make much sense. Basically if I butt dial, and someone hangs up on me, then it cuts my timer off. It would never make it to 9 hours. Maybe her phone was different carrier and that's a possibility?

YES! Thank you Angels Not Forgotten. That was the phrase I couldn't think of....butt dial. That was exactly what I was wondering about but couldn't spit out. And it has been about 10 years since I had a cell phone, so I didn't know if that was possible anymore. That was part of the reason I got rid of it.....phantom butt dialing that cost alot of money. So, from what I get from your post is that that is no longer possible. Someone has to pick up the other line for your phone to continue to accumulate minutes.....did I read that right? What about a kid playing games on the phone? That would not register as minutes correct? It would just run the battery down? Thanks for edumacating me Angels!

Her phone must have been plugged into an electrical outlet as I’m not aware of any cell phone with a battery that would last that long. Could she have spent the night someplace other than campsite?

Her phone must have been plugged into an electrical outlet as I’m not aware of any cell phone with a battery that would last that long. Could she have spent the night someplace other than campsite?

Good point.

Maybe it was in the car hooked up to the charger? Which would make more sense why no one noticed it.

But I've done that before and it doesn't hold the line for more than a few minutes. It always disconnects on its own.

Hmmm...

Well, well, well...

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/taconic-crash-one-year-later-20100726

"Yet as the families grieved, controversy continues. A movie company is reportedly paying Dianne Schuler's husband $100,000 to exhume his wife's body to determine if she suffered a stroke."

:furious:I don't want a time out so I'll stop now...

Oh, for ****'s sake. Diane Schuyler was BOMBED OUT OF HER MIND. What's the difference if she had a stroke?! A stroke didn't make her guzzle vodka so fast her body couldn't process it. Let's check if she had rosacea, too--that's about as consequential. How come the alcohol explanation hasn't stuck?? It makes sense to wonder what led to it, but there ain't no doubt what the direct cause of her driving and crashing is.

Well, well, well...

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/taconic-crash-one-year-later-20100726

"Yet as the families grieved, controversy continues. A movie company is reportedly paying Dianne Schuler's husband $100,000 to exhume his wife's body to determine if she suffered a stroke."

:furious:I don't want a time out so I'll stop now...

I am pretty sure she had a full autopsy done when it happened and nothing abnormal was found. Her husband and his lawyer have been coming up with all kind of explanations (except alcohol intoxication) as to why this crush happened ever since.

They weren't tent-camping; there was a motor home or camper parked at the campground. Her phone could have been plugged in there..... Don't you think her phone usage would have been one of the perks of her job?

Today is the one year anniversary of this crash.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/...--Taconic-wrong-way-crash-answers-are-elusive

In ther above article there are some interesting details I had not heard previously, like Daniel not arriving at the campground on Thursday as he originally told detectives and that Diane’s cellphone had a 9 HOUR conversation with someone the night before the crash.
Yes, I did write nine hours. Strange, right?

Another article on today’s tragic anniversary: http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100726/NEWS/7260327

This story just haunts me on so many levels.
Thanks for posting SleuthyMama.

From the link you posted:

However, E-Z Pass records show that Daniel Schuler arrived at Hunter Lake on Friday, crossing the Harriman toll plaza at 6:29 a.m., less than five hours before his wife and the children passed through the tolls.

That discrepancy was never addressed, but Daniel Schuler later corrected it in a Sept. 1 appearance on CNN's "Larry King Live," when he and his attorney said he drove to the lake earlier on Friday, as E-Z Pass records suggested.

Regardless, the Schulers took the children to a water park Saturday, and Daniel Schuler said neither he nor his wife drank that evening. Phone records do reveal another unanswered detail: a cell-phone call made from Diane Schuler's number that night lasting more than nine hours.

I wish we knew who she talked to for nine hours the night before the crash - I cannot imagine a nine hour telephone call! Does that mean she didn't sleep the night before the crash, and was up all night on the phone?

Wasn't there some info published that she had made a call to a supposed wrong number? And it turned out that the wrong number was located closed to her house? I will have to go and look. I can't remember if that was the night before or on the morning of the crash.

9 hr. call = boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member