A&E The Killing Season Episodes 1 and 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also reading that Asian Male may have had a musculoskeletal disorder which could have impacted his gait... Is there anyway to cross reference this against the missing males in the country?

I read through the thread, and I just wanted to add my .02. I think a landscaper could be added into the mix of potential suspects for a few reasons; obviously the burlap, he would have a pickup truck that smells funny, tools, would be physically fit regardless of age, would know the area, would be comfortable in the brush, comfortable digging, would likely work at homes or estates where the occupants are on vacation (and know for how long). Landscaping is a job where you can find ex-cops, former military, and ex-cons (sometimes on the same crew). Landscapers and landscaping trucks are invisible to just about everybody including police officers due to the random nature of their work.

Exactly my line of thinking and why I joined WS in 2011 - when this description came from Joel Rifkin himself.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/22/nyregion/long-island-serial-killer-gets-a-personality-profile.html

You're doing great job coffeeandacig and I think you're truly onto something.

Here's a detail about JD6.. Her torso was found quite fresh and there is an intact tattoo on her body. But the police chose not to disclose it to the public.

Det. Fitzpatrick is still withholding the image of a tattoo located on the female victim for verification purposes
http://www.doenetwork.org/media/news18.html

I speculated a lot as to why police chose such an unproductive way, but now with your suggestion it's time to look forward.

Colleen has several tattoos the key is the Butterfly on her back.. Which could be easily verified, without going down the DNA path.

I'm on your team. Anytime you need more information & support just let me know.

Thanks guys. I remembered reading that article YEARS ago but had forgotten about it. I'm going to ask Todd Matthews about the tattoo... see if it was ever put into NamUS

I am glad I stayed up a few extra minutes last Sat. as I did not realize 2 eppy's would be shown. I wondered if that was due to the week delay in it's premier? Will further airings just be one episode? I had many friends and co-workers viewing who loved it. The few co-workers I have shared my time here with kinda wondered why follow a crime board. Now they get it. Thank You Josh and Rachel for giving Websleuths credibility. And Websleuths for running a tight ship.

I am glad I stayed up a few extra minutes last Sat. as I did not realize 2 eppy's would be shown. I wondered if that was due to the week delay in it's premier? Will further airings just be one episode? I had many friends and co-workers viewing who loved it. The few co-workers I have shared my time here with kinda wondered why follow a crime board. Now they get it. Thank You Josh and Rachel for giving Websleuths credibility. And Websleuths for running a tight ship.

Thanks! For the next 3 weeks it'll run as back to back episodes so episode 3&4 will be next Saturday. -Rachel

I've spent some time trying to catch up on all the various threads here, and, wow! There's so much! If I missed it, I'm sorry, maybe someone can point me to the right thread, but here's what I'm really wondering....where has this killer been for the last few years? When is the last known tod for the LI victims? Wasn't it approximately 2 - 3 years before any bodies were found? Or, if the last known killing was 2007, he didn't get scared off by the media frenzy, that didn't happen until after SG went missing. Did he move on to another area to continue killing? Was he arrested for an unrelated crime? He didn't just....stop.
Anybody have any theories?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've spent some time trying to catch up on all the various threads here, and, wow! There's so much! If I missed it, I'm sorry, maybe someone can point me to the right thread, but here's what I'm really wondering....where has this killer been for the last few years? When is the last known tod for the LI victims? Wasn't it approximately 2 - 3 years before any bodies were found? Or, if the last known killing was 2007, he didn't get scared off by the media frenzy, that didn't happen until after SG went missing. Did he move on to another area to continue killing? Was he arrested for an unrelated crime? He didn't just....stop.
Anybody have any theories?

We don't know where he is at the moment... I mean realistically he could be killing and dumping elsewhere. Some think he committed suicide (not what I believe). Or he could possibly just be lying dormant at the moment, until he is inspired to become active again.
:dunno::dunno::dunno:

With all this attention, his hunger may be at bay, or it will spark the flame.

Uah

GB4 victims 2, 3 & 4 were put there during daylight hours. It wasn't in the pitch black of night.The male victim who might be the missing exchange student. They know his name, do reverse dna test on the parents against the John Doe.
Can you elaborate how you know this? :) Thanks :)

Right, I'm behind but I finally caught up. Great show Rachel and Josh! Something has got to come from this. LISK will be way too happy with all the attenion. He'll slip up...right.Who is with the multiple killer theory? Who isn't?

I have wondered the same. Why so dormant ???? Then I think of BTK. Is there a new breed? Is he in jail for something unrelated? Is he moving about the Country randomly? He doesn't strike me as a suicide type. He seems to enjoy this too much. A game. The taunting phone call to Family is random with his Victims. It's like "Catch me if u can" Most unusual case. All IMO.

Right, I'm behind but I finally caught up. Great show Rachel and Josh! Something has got to come from this. LISK will be way too happy with all the attenion. He'll slip up...right.Who is with the multiple killer theory? Who isn't?

I am on the fence. Open to both. Yet I do wonder does he change his MO as part of his game???

Jmo, he's moved his killing ground, maybe gone south. I just can't see him being dormant for any length of time.....

Burlap has always been a reoccurring topic of discussion with LISK because it isn't commonly used by most people. Interestingly enough, LISK decided to place at least 4 of his victims in burlap bags; on odd choice since it typically isn't readily available in most homes. In fact, burlap is highly regulated while entering into the United States from overseas due to its potential to harbor invasive insects. The point is that because burlap isn't typically found or dealt with in most peoples' everyday lives, why hasn't there been an in depth analysis done of this burlap to try and determine its origin. I would think if they could determine the manufacturer, the police could narrow down a list of vendors and determine which companies or even individuals ordered that specific burlap bag in that particular area. I know some of the victims may have been there for some time but Costello's body was discovered only three months after she went missing. Even assuming she was murdered right after she went missing, that still isn't much time and I would think the burlap would certainly be distinguishable. I am sure that I am not the first person to mention this but I am curious to see what others' thoughts are on this.

I am on the fence. Open to both. Yet I do wonder does he change his MO as part of his game???

I mentioned the unsolved Karina Vetrano murder case; I have read that there can't be a connection because of the MO but maybe he went dark for a while due to all of the publicity and suddenly, due to his sickness, he felt the need to kill on impulse. Vetrano's murder does share similarities, albeit subtle, to the LISK victims.

Jmo, he's moved his killing ground, maybe gone south. I just can't see him being dormant for any length of time.....

If LISK leads the supposed stable, comfortable life the profilers have painted, he wouldn't just up and move. It seems more plausible that he has simply taken a break, although I don't think he has; in fact, I think he has continued to kill (in the general area) but he has changed his style. Of course, this is my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

Regarding the burlap... I see a lot of new people posting (hello!) ALL OVER THE THREADS, particularly about the burlap and running wild with theories and occupations and who knows what.

Burlap can be purchased in HUGE ROLLS, for business OR personal use, from both Home Depot and Loew's. I can go out and buy 10 giant rolls today, either in person or online, for a pretty fair price. It is not as uncommon as the general public seems to think. I looked into buying a large quantity to wrap my fruit trees, roses, and other plants for the winter. Easy to access. You don't need to be stalking a dumpster near a nursery or work in a profession that handles burlap to have quick access to it.

just sharing here as well...

Just seems like an odd choice...what benefits does burlap offer as opposed to plastic or some random suitcase? It seems to be a matter of accessibility or convenience for LISK, no? Also, I can guarantee that burlap is used much less often for most; you won't find many people living in NYC or in many urban areas with burlap, especially enough of it to dispose of 4 separate bodies in. Yes, someone living on Long Island could potentially have a use for burlap but if LISK was so smart, why use a material that is used for specific purposes as opposed to a material or item that has a much more general use like plastic bags, trash cans or suitcases...it seems that he did so because it was readily available for him, whether it be because it was in his garage or he had some at work. I still wonder why the burlap couldn't be traced at least to some degree.

Either way, he had to go and move/dispose of the bodies regardless and I don't think that burlap in particular would have made it easier or particularly advantageous when doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member