A little history on JMK....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LovelyPigeon said:
I've never thought anyone had to be into boats or Scouts to tie the knot on the garrotte.
That's all I've ever heard. That the knot had to have been done by an "expert".

Looks like JMK's dad was right--a least partailly--about being told by JMK that he was being arrested in regards to JonBenet's murder.

Investigators considered Karr 5 years ago
2001 child *advertiser censored* charges: Sheriff officials mentioned possibility
Amy Goldstein and Anne Hull, Washington Post
Saturday, August 19, 2006

Five years before John Mark Karr was arrested this week as a suspect in the killing of JonBenet Ramsey, Sonoma County authorities investigating him on child *advertiser censored* charges suspected he may have been involved in the death of the 6-year-old, according to a former attorney for the suspect.

Marie Case, who represented Karr on the 2001 misdemeanor charges, said Friday that members of the Sonoma County Sheriff's Department mentioned to her at the time that "there was possibly some involvement" in the Ramsey slaying 1,200 miles away in Boulder, Colo. -- "just saying, 'Hey, we're looking at this guy.' "

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/08/19/RAMSEY.TMP

JMK had a Hamilton used car business called "Karr's Cars". That's probably how he got the Delorean.

Hello LovelyPigeon...

Good thinking... I had forgotten about the used car business. Even so, according to the above link, "Bravell Jackson, superintendant of Marion County Schools in Alabama" who said he knew Carr as a young boy (taught him in physical education at Hamilton Elementary School) was quoted as saying the following:

"Karr drove a Jaguar and a Fiat and DeLorean while he lived in Hamilton, which generated a lot of rumors about his wealth and how he got it."

I just looked and found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton,_Alabama
"Hamilton is a city in Marion County, Alabama, United States. At the 2000 census the population was 6,786. The city is the county seat of Marion County."

A low population doesn't mean that there aren't those in that town with money, nor that the Karr used car business wasn't brilliantly run making big bucks...but... It would be interesting to see what the IRS paperwork says about that car business' income during JMKs "Delorean" and "Jaguar" years.

Wrinkles

I bet he was buying confiscated cars at Government Auctions.

LovelyPigeon said:
JMK was about 12, according to his brother Nate (age unknown), when he went to live with his grandparents in Hamilton.

Wex Karr, JMK's father is now 85. JMK is 41 or 42. Wex was about 44 when JMK was born.

That means that when the 12 year old went to live with his grandparents, Wex was 56, and the grandparents were probably in their late 70's.

When JMK graduated from Hamilton H.S., his grandparents would have been in their 80's.

I wonder what kind of Karr family dynamics made it necessary for a 12-year-old to be raised by his 75+ year old grandparents in tiny little Hamilton, AL.
I'm not sure if Wex isn't Karr's grandfather but calls himself his father because he legally adopted him as a child. There is no mention made anywhere re a mother or grandmother. Nor do they say if he was living with his maternal or paternal grandparents in Hamilton.

LaMer said:
I find it rather pathetic he was able to work with children in the schools in Alabama in 1996. He enrolled in the community college in 1996! What's wrong with this picture?

He didn't obtain his degree until the year 2000!

Where I live, to be a substitute teacher, one must have a degree and also have a crimninal background check done. And this was the way it was in the 80's!
A degree?
To substitute teach?
In most of the south all you have to be is a HS graduate and an adult.

LovelyPigeon said:
JMK had a Hamilton used car business called "Karr's Cars". That's probably how he got the Delorean.
Deloreans might be collectible cars nowadays, but for years you couldn't give the damn things away. That's why the company went out of business and needed cocaine trafficking $$ to stay afloat. My dad used to have a side business buying cars at auction and working on them and reselling them to either dealers or collectors. He specialized in Model Ts and As, as well as Ford trucks. You'd be surprised how cheap you can get cars at auction, especially if you buy in bulk.

BillyGoatGruff said:
A degree?
To substitute teach?
In most of the south all you have to be is a HS graduate and an adult.

I thought so, but I didn't want to start another war between the North & South LOL

I'm not sure if Wex isn't Karr's grandfather but calls himself his father because he legally adopted him as a child. There is no mention made anywhere re a mother or grandmother. Nor do they say if he was living with his maternal or paternal grandparents in Hamilton.

I think you're saying that Wex might be the grandfather that JMK and his brothers went to live with in Hamilton. That could be possible, I guess.

Wex Karr has identified himself as JMK's father but that could wrong.

That articles say that JMK and his 2 older brothers went to live with their grandparents rather than just a grandfather.

I think that if there had been just a grandfather and no grandmother raising the 3 Karrs in Hamilton that someone in Hamilton would have noted that to the media already.

Some clarifications in background, from the Atl Constitution:

Karr's own childhood began in metro Atlanta.

His father, Wexford Karr, had married Patricia Elaine Adcock on Aug. 21, 1958. He was 37 and she was 18, according to court documents.

John, who has two brothers, was born Dec. 12, 1964.

Wexford and Patricia separated 11 years after they married, and Wexford filed for divorce in 1973 in Clayton County, saying the marriage was "irretrievably broken" and that the boys were in his custody. His wife received a $5,000 mobile home and $125 a month in alimony, according to court papers.

Soon after, Wexford Karr, then 52, married a woman 23 years his junior, Susan Simpson. But his union with the 29-year-old burned out in divorce six months later.

John Mark Karr moved to Alabama to live with grandparents when he was about 12. He grew up in the 7,000-population Hamilton, graduating from the local high school. --->>

Bryan Frederick, who grew up with Karr in Hamilton, said Saturday the man in headlines doesn't sound like the boy he knew.

Frederick said Karr lived with his paternal grandparents. His grandfather was a deacon at the church, and his grandmother was protective of the quiet, serious, sensitive youth.

Karr was an especially well-behaved kid, he said.

Frederick, who was a bit older, hung around with Karr's older brother, Michael, and when the two of them would get into youthful "foolishness," Karr would refuse to participate. "He never had any play about him," he said.

"He was always quiet, always polite," Frederick said.

He said Karr was a good student who played in the high school band.

--->> http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/0820metkarr.html

The article also says:
JMK didn't explain to acquaintances in Hamilton,AL how he was able to pay for the Delorean.

JMK returned to Georgia Jan-May '91, attending high school

One of JMK's sons is named Seven Exodus Karr

I found a little info that may have already been posted but anyway. Michael Karr lived in or lives in or near Atlanta. His middle initial is A. His brothers names are Nathaniel S. and John M. Karr. Father's name is Wexford O. Karr and he is around 85 yo (if still alive.. that I am not sure).

LaMer said:
I find it rather pathetic he was able to work with children in the schools in Alabama in 1996. He enrolled in the community college in 1996! What's wrong with this picture?

Where I live, to be a substitute teacher, one must have a degree and also have a crimninal background check done. And this was the way it was in the 80's!
This is all outrageous that he could even work as a sub without the proper qualifications. Someone needs to have there *advertiser censored* kicked for this.

LaMer said:

Many education classes in college require going to classrooms to observe and/or intern. He also could have been a para-professional (teacher's aide). I have wondered where he did his student teaching. I have read that his bachelor's degree was from an on-line 'university'. I don't think there's any state that allows teacher certification without student teaching.

kazzbar said:
This is all outrageous that he could even work as a sub without the proper qualifications. Someone needs to have there *advertiser censored* kicked for this.
In many states one must only have a certain number of hours in education classes in college to qualify as a sub. The fact that he was weeded out so quickly due to ineptitude is gratifying. Of course, sometimes there's a great deal of difference between 'certified' and 'qualified'! ;)

ljwf22 said:
In many states one must only have a certain number of hours in education classes in college to qualify as a sub. The fact that he was weeded out so quickly due to ineptitude is gratifying. Of course, sometimes there's a great deal of difference between 'certified' and 'qualified'! ;)
This dude's whole life just screams wannabe:loser:

Wannabe teacher (he even requested a shirt and tie to wear to the airport so he'd look like a teacher)

Wannabe pedo (no evidence of him having any sexual contact with a minor despite him putting himself in close proximity to kids and trying to lure them online)

Wannabe killer (show me the money Mary Keenan)

maybe even Wannabe woman!!!

I read or heard somewhere, and can't remember where, that Karr's mother died when he was 12--I assume after the divorce. She was killed in an automobile accident.

>Given his facination with little girls, I have been wondering what kind of person his mother was, and what part if any did she play in his childhood. I have not heard any mention of his mother. If someone reads info regarding his mother please post it.<

Here is a link Dragonfly that has some more info about his mother. I can't vouch for the accuracy of anything in the article. I don't know where they got the information from.

Another poster here had an article that stated that his mother and father were divorced. This is what the NY Post article had to say:

"Born 240 miles away near Atlanta, Karr and his older brother, Mike, were sent to live with their grandparents in Hamilton in 1976.

Their mom, Elaine, had perished in a car crash when John was in second grade. John was 12 when they moved to Hamilton; Mike, 17.

"John's grandparents were way too old to raise those boys," said a Karr relative.

But "their dad couldn't care for them anymore. He had to work too many hours," said classmate Toni Glenn of Wexford Karr, a well-to-do General Motors executive.

"John would occasionally go back to visit him in Atlanta, but my sense was that the relationship was strained and tumultuous," said classmate Stephen Raburn. Karr's relationship with his mother may have been equally strained. When Karr was just a baby, she was institutionalized, apparently for postpartum depression.

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/from_cradle_to_the_grave_nationalnews_philip_recchia.htm
I don't know what to think about the discrepancies? Alot of this sounds like gossip from neighbors and others who may have crossed paths with the Karrs.

openminded1 said:
This dude's whole life just screams wannabe:loser:

Wannabe teacher (he even requested a shirt and tie to wear to the airport so he'd look like a teacher)

Wannabe pedo (no evidence of him having any sexual contact with a minor despite him putting himself in close proximity to kids and trying to lure them online)

Wannabe killer (show me the money Mary Keenan)

maybe even Wannabe woman!!!
And I think he fails at all but :loser:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*