A month later... where is Lisa? What is your opinion?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

One month into the investigation where do your thoughts lie? What happened to Lisa?

• I have no idea whatsoever

Votes: 39 8.9%
  • I am on the fence (meaning I have some thoughts one way and some thoughts another)

Votes: 95 21.7%
  • I think DB is responsible

Votes: 176 40.2%
  • I think JI is responsible

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • I think both parents are responsible

Votes: 67 15.3%
  • I think someone else familiar or known to the family is responsible

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • I think a stranger is responsible

Votes: 12 2.7%
  • other

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you get the image that you enhanced? Did it come form the 3 second youtube video or did it come from the video that was put out by MSM? I think it matters.

I'm not dismissing it for nothing, but I find it odd that somebody would be walking under the streetlights across from a gas station where at least two people were buying gas and a truck that was driving by at the same time "swinging a baby violently." I'm sure somebody would have thought that was odd and called it in. KWIM?

The image is an enlargement of a screen capture that was posted by user findlisa5. I'm not sure it makes much difference for our purposes. It's like the Shroud of Turin, which gives the same properties whether you take it from the original or from a copy of a copy.

If you go to Google Earth and look at the area in question you'll see a very large open space between two wooded sections along Parvin Road; it's this open space that the figure appears to be walking on. I doubt very seriously that he would have walked exposed for any distance, but in this case, he probably needed to get across that open space. At 2:30 in the morning, there probably wouldn't have been too many sightings, if any.

I would like to know what the LE labs were able to get from this. They have software and enhancing tools that put anything we have to shame. At least now I understand why the "white blob" was a thing - I didn't put any thought into it at all.

I think they have better software, although their results probably aren't much better. There's only so much information contained in this kind of image.

By the bye ... where is Lisa? Based on everything I've seen in the case, my best guess is that her little body is in the woods bordering 48th Street and Randolph, and that she wasn't killed deliberately, but left there alone and succumbed to exposure. Not graven in stone, but that's where I stand at the present time.

I really don't think that image shows a man "violently swinging a 1-yr old baby." I think FBI enhancement, while it may not show a lot more than the original video, would certainly reveal more than we can see (at least certain areas, anyway). They can do some pretty spectacular things with videos and photos. In addition to enhancing images, the FBI has analysts trained to skillfully interpret what they're seeing.

If the FBI determined the image showed (or even might show) a person violently swinging a baby (or perhaps even normally carrying a baby, given the time of night and circumstances), I believe whatever enhancement they were able to achieve would've been put forth to the public in hopes of identifying the subject.

As In da Middle (local) has repeatedly pointed out, there are no woods there, just a few trees. So it wasn't like this person was briefly scampering from cover. And, seriously, if that were the case, the person is going to step out into the open and start violently slinging a baby around?

I honestly can't see how a layperson could possibly determine height or gender of the adult, or that he/she was carrying/slinging a 1-yr old baby (or any baby, for that matter). For me, much as I would love for it to be "something" that might lead to Lisa, I think it's just a diversion, a big old red herring.

All JMO.

I really don't think that image shows a man "violently swinging a 1-yr old baby."

I agree with you, pax findlisa5. But I've little doubt it shows a person with something slung over his left shoulder.

The stills don't look human form to me at all. Could be Super Mario, could be the moon landing, I'm just not able to tell! :floorlaugh:

I see no shapes at all. I even wore:crazy: my glasses.

Of course. And it could be something besides a baby, though I am not sure what. There are few interesting things though. In your enhancement, we see two distinct figures. Since we KNOW that the big one is a human, walking, the other shape has to be something being carried, and the shape then becomes sort of crucial.

I would like to know what the LE labs were able to get from this. They have software and enhancing tools that put anything we have to shame. At least now I understand why the "white blob" was a thing - I didn't put any thought into it at all.

Do we have another thread that this would be better in?

ETA: Here is the thread to move to; Mystery Man Surveillance - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

No way Jose>>>
Please don't use the collective WE-cause some of us we's don't see the blob as anything but a blob. :crazy:
ps,
Kidnappers don't generally walk into a well lite area where they can be easily recognized.

I want to let people know that the so-called "White Blob" in the BP gas station video looks to me like a roughly 5'8" man violently swinging a roughly 1-year-old baby from his lower right to his upper left shoulder. I'd guess that the FBI has enhanced this video better than I have and, yet, don't want to share what they have. I think this is important because it should focus this case on this adult. I'll insert an image here and a link to the shortened video. I also provided the still shot as a link in the caption of the video. In order to see what I'm talking, you need to zoom in on the picture. I recommend you download and play the video side by side with the picture.

aS_o44MmYaEX0lnuv3_J2g

Here's an address you can paste into your browser for the shortened video:

White blob looks like violent 5'8" man with baby Lisa Irwin - YouTube
Swinging a roughly 1 year old baby? That's some enhancement equipment... how old was the blob and what was he or she wearing?

I found this to be really interesting; so much so that I put the enlarged image into Photoshop and did a couple of enhancements. The first is a side-by-side of your enlarged image as it appears, and the same image with the custom sharpening feature in Photoshop used, with default settings. The second is the sharpened image with the application of contrast using the contrast feature. I do honestly believe that this person is carrying something across his right shoulder.

Small dog?

No way Jose>>>
Please don't use the collective WE-cause some of us we's don't see the blob as anything but a blob. :crazy:
ps,
Kidnappers don't generally walk into a well lite area where they can be easily recognized.

:waitasec: The person I was responding to and I see two figures. That is WE. If you choose to not be part of the we, feel free. Have a nice day.

Small dog?

My husband didn't know what the image was in relation to, and he thought it looked like a bunny.

I didn't think it meant anything before, but now I would like to see some more sophisticated enhancements done. I am pretty sure LE has looked at it, since they seemed aware of the video when we first heard about it. I don't believe they would not have done some tests on it, but of course, like everything else in this case, they are not talking.

I think it looks like a person carrying something over his left shoulder. The important thing, when you're dealing with something as vague as an enhanced image such as this one, is to stick with the generalities.

No - right shoulder, as you had originally stated.

My husband didn't know what the image was in relation to, and he thought it looked like a bunny.

I didn't think it meant anything before, but now I would like to see some more sophisticated enhancements done. I am pretty sure LE has looked at it, since they seemed aware of the video when we first heard about it. I don't believe they would not have done some tests on it, but of course, like everything else in this case, they are not talking.

Suppose it could be a bunny, but have not heard anyone reporting a missing bunny but did hear about a missing neighbor dog which was linked to JT and of course Lisa Irwin. White blob by a gas station that has a line of trees said to be by the bar named One Eyed Jacks---except the gas station by One Eyed Jacks has no line of trees, it's on a corner.

But you have to question the source, no? If not. It's a total BS hoax. Have a nice day. :)

ETA John Bull, we are patiently awaiting the enhanced pics from an MSM video. :waiting: Just sayin. . .

My understanding is that the source has to be a MSM and one with a verifiable link. The video clip in question could be a gas station in Hoboken. :waitasec:IMHOO

I really don't think that image shows a man "violently swinging a 1-yr old baby." I think FBI enhancement, while it may not show a lot more than the original video, would certainly reveal more than we can see (at least certain areas, anyway). They can do some pretty spectacular things with videos and photos. In addition to enhancing images, the FBI has analysts trained to skillfully interpret what they're seeing.

If the FBI determined the image showed (or even might show) a person violently swinging a baby (or perhaps even normally carrying a baby, given the time of night and circumstances), I believe whatever enhancement they were able to achieve would've been put forth to the public in hopes of identifying the subject.

As In da Middle (local) has repeatedly pointed out, there are no woods there, just a few trees. So it wasn't like this person was briefly scampering from cover. And, seriously, if that were the case, the person is going to step out into the open and start violently slinging a baby around?

I honestly can't see how a layperson could possibly determine height or gender of the adult, or that he/she was carrying/slinging a 1-yr old baby (or any baby, for that matter). For me, much as I would love for it to be "something" that might lead to Lisa, I think it's just a diversion, a big old red herring.

All JMO.
There are many areas in this area to take cover in as not to be seen except this one small area crossing the street. While it is not wooded AT this intersection, there is much cover everywhere else up to and past this point. I could take you for a walk from the baby's house to the second sighting to where this is almost the only real point of real exposure you would have.

I don't know about the violently swinging aspect, but I can see the definite possibility of this person carrying something with his right hand that could possibly be a child. Maybe, maybe not. I can't say no that's for sure.

Thanks, IdM. I thought I recalled your being aggravated with the reports that this "blob" stepped out of the woods, when there weren't woods there to step out of. So, if someone were to walk from the baby's home to this point entirely under the radar, doesn't it seem they'd continue to move covertly and cross where there's less chance of being spotted? If there's cover beyond that point, why risk being seen?

ETA: Are there other businesses/churches/etc. in that area? I'm wondering if maybe LE was able to obtain more footage of the blob and get a better idea of what he/she was actually doing or carrying.

Thanks, IdM. I thought I recalled your being aggravated with the reports that this "blob" stepped out of the woods, when there weren't woods there to step out of. So, if someone were to walk from the baby's home to this point entirely under the radar, doesn't it seem they'd continue to move covertly and cross where there's less chance of being spotted, or is that the end of potential cover and there's no better option?
This is like one break in the potential cover. There is another way it could be done without crossing here, but it would take a very hard effort carrying anything as it would have you traversing down a very steep, overgrown incline in the dark. This way would be hard in the daytime and not carrying anything, but possible for the very determined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomuSJ