A question for Annasmom

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One thing I have noticed is that Anna's page at "For the Lost" still mentions the possible Sharon Marshall connection on it. I sent them an email awhile back but they never responded.

http://www.forthelost.org/awaters.html
Thank you for pointing this out. I wrote them and they said they will take the page down and update it. This is why it would be good to know exactly what is on the Net, so that we can be sure it is accurate.

Some questions.

Would you say Anna's hair was thin or thick? Do you think her hair would have remained curly into her teenage years or later or is it possible her hair would have been straightened with time - maybe with length or a shorter layered style?

Do you think it would have stayed blonde as she outgrew childhood or into her teenage years or adulthood? If not what color(s) might it have changed to? Is it possible it would have changed in the direction of a light auburn or reddish color? maybe a strawberry blonde? Or if it darkened would it darken along the dark dishwater blonde shade?

Did Anna have any particular facial expressions that were unique to her? For example, did she ever try to hide a smile or hold a smile without laughing? Any way you would describe that look?

Thanks

Some questions.

Would you say Anna's hair was thin or thick? Do you think her hair would have remained curly into her teenage years or later or is it possible her hair would have been straightened with time - maybe with length or a shorter layered style?

Do you think it would have stayed blonde as she outgrew childhood or into her teenage years or adulthood? If not what color(s) might it have changed to? Is it possible it would have changed in the direction of a light auburn or reddish color? maybe a strawberry blonde? Or if it darkened would it darken along the dark dishwater blonde shade?

Did Anna have any particular facial expressions that were unique to her? For example, did she ever try to hide a smile or hold a smile without laughing? Any way you would describe that look?

Thanks

Hi, Cubby! My best guess in general would line up with the latest age-advanced picture from the NCMEC, since the artist consulted me as he was working on it. I would say her hair would not be very thick, that it would have remained wavy (but not curly) and would have darkened somewhat into brownish blonde (but not reddish.) I don't know what to say about the facial expressions except that as a little girl she had a very mobile face, ranging from pouts to gleeful laughter. However, what you saw was what you got; she never tried to hide her feelings.

Annasmom I just finished the book in less the 2 days.In the book you mention John an Peggy were they younger then you and Joe?If so I think I know who they are and what they are doing.They also might have some old Oictures of the Half Moon bay harbor now called Princeton by the sea.

JDB: I believe that Annasmom is still in contact with Peggy.

It really is a small world after all. There is another site that I spend time at and I noticed that one of the regular posters had not been heard from in several months. I was curious if everything was alright with him and wanted to contact him but did not have anything other than an email address. I was speaking to a different friend and she began telling me about someone who is in a social club that she is in, and lo and behold, I finally figured out that her friend was the same guy as the missing poster.

JDB: I believe that Annasmom is still in contact with Peggy.

It really is a small world after all. There is another site that I spend time at and I noticed that one of the regular posters had not been heard from in several months. I was curious if everything was alright with him and wanted to contact him but did not have anything other than an email address. I was speaking to a different friend and she began telling me about someone who is in a social club that she is in, and lo and behold, I finally figured out that her friend was the same guy as the missing poster.

DD Found out from Annasmom Not the same people.Seems I had my names confused. However what a book. Wife now is reading it.

Annasmom, I was wondering if you could tell me if GW came from a family background that attended Lutheran church, or any other affiliation, Catholic etc?

Annasmom, I was wondering if you could tell me if GW came from a family background that attended Lutheran church, or any other affiliation, Catholic etc?
I believe the affiliation was Protestant and Christian, maybe Presbyterian. However, the medical mission in the Philippines was sponsored by the Baptist church, if I remember correctly.

Hi Anna's Mom,

I was wondering if the mole under Anna's eye is dark or just raised and lighter. It isn't very noticable on her pictures but I know when you drew it in that it really shows up on the reconstructions.

Hi Anna's Mom,

I was wondering if the mole under Anna's eye is dark or just raised and lighter. It isn't very noticable on her pictures but I know when you drew it in that it really shows up on the reconstructions.
It was raised and lighter when she was little. She also had a dark mole on one upper arm, but I don't remember which one.

Hi Annasmom, I hope your doing well, it's been awhile I know. I was wondering if you thought Anna was tall for her age and along with that, was she a solid child, not heavy but bigger boned? In some photos she appeared a little bigger than an average 5 year old esp. just turning 5 in September. Are the boys tall? I hope this question hasn't been asked before.

:blowkiss:Best to you, Nancy

Hi Annasmom, I hope your doing well, it's been awhile I know. I was wondering if you thought Anna was tall for her age and along with that, was she a solid child, not heavy but bigger boned? In some photos she appeared a little bigger than an average 5 year old esp. just turning 5 in September. Are the boys tall? I hope this question hasn't been asked before.

:blowkiss:Best to you, Nancy
Hi, Nancy; so good to hear from you. I would say Anna was average height for her age, but muscled and thin (not really big-boned at all) because she was so active. One family picture shows her with a double chin, but that was just because of the way she was sitting. Her brothers are both six-footers (or more) and her father was almost six feet tall. I am short, however; five-three and about 125 pounds.

Hi, Nancy; so good to hear from you. I would say Anna was average height for her age, but muscled and thin (not really big-boned at all) because she was so active. One family picture shows her with a double chin, but that was just because of the way she was sitting. Her brothers are both six-footers (or more) and her father was almost six feet tall. I am short, however; five-three and about 125 pounds.

Annasmom, thanks for your reply, it helps when searching online for Anna.

Nancy

Hi Annasmom, another question for you. I'm not sure how to describe what I want to ask, so here goes. What type of build/bone structure would you say Anna had? Would you say that she might have had broader shoulders? I don't mean like a football player or anything like that, just something that you may have noticed in her physique or build that would stay with her.

thank you
Cubby

Hi Annasmom, another question for you. I'm not sure how to describe what I want to ask, so here goes. What type of build/bone structure would you say Anna had? Would you say that she might have had broader shoulders? I don't mean like a football player or anything like that, just something that you may have noticed in her physique or build that would stay with her.

thank you
Cubby
The chubby genes are only on my side of the family and Anna resembled her father more than she did me, so I would expect her to be thin, rather tall, with an athletic build. Fairly broad shoulders, narrow hips, feet on the large side.

Lately, I've been thinking about Saturn and his reactions shortly after Anna went missing. Apparently, he was calmly sitting on the front porch just after everyone realized Anna had disappeared from the property. Then he ran back and forth from the farmhouse to the creek. Was he trying to tell everyone something?

If someone strange to him grabbed Anna and put her in a car which was slowly driving by, would Saturn have barked...despite the fact that he wasn't a loud and countable dog with strangers?
Dogs have their own instinct and he knew Anna very well, if she was suddenly distraught would he have reacted? Sitting calmly on porch throws me.. Unless she was taken out of view of Saturn? Behind the house as opposed to the front parking area where last seen by that male visitor. Anna may have ran to the backyard.

Wracking my brain trying to figure it all out!

Love

Lately, I've been thinking about Saturn and his reactions shortly after Anna went missing. Apparently, he was calmly sitting on the front porch just after everyone realized Anna had disappeared from the property. Then he ran back and forth from the farmhouse to the creek. Was he trying to tell everyone something?

If someone strange to him grabbed Anna and put her in a car which was slowly driving by, would Saturn have barked...despite the fact that he wasn't a loud and countable dog with strangers?
Dogs have their own instinct and he knew Anna very well, if she was suddenly distraught would he have reacted? Sitting calmly on porch throws me.. Unless she was taken out of view of Saturn? Behind the house as opposed to the front parking area where last seen by that male visitor. Anna may have ran to the backyard.

It's strange, Sidekick, but I wrote a rather long reply to you and it doesn't appear as posted.???

Wracking my brain trying to figure it all out!

Love

I don't know what happened to the reply I posted about an hour ago. It just disappeared. Briefly, we know that she ran to the back yard and that she then went out front, where the visitor saw her. If Saturn was just sitting there, it only meant that she was then nowhere about, since he followed the kids around but as a puppy really didn't bark at anything, not even other dogs. Good old Saturn.

I don't know what happened to the reply I posted about an hour ago. It just disappeared. Briefly, we know that she ran to the back yard and that she then went out front, where the visitor saw her. If Saturn was just sitting there, it only meant that she was then nowhere about, since he followed the kids around but as a puppy really didn't bark at anything, not even other dogs. Good old Saturn.

Thanks Annasmom,

I appreciate your answer. Along with the doggie question, I go back to the woman in the car that Anna and her brothers met on their walk.

Is there anyway to know if GW knew anyone who would want a child and be involved in 'taking her'? Rather, did GW or yourself ever know of a couple that could be in question?

Did GW ever talk about any friends or aquaintances that he knew of?

These people could be out of towners at the time, hence driving south or west inland... I take it he only befriended GB and had a reclusive life otherthan his 2 jobs in San Fran.

I find it interesting Anna disappeared on the day you had so many friends over... excitement and a busy day with cars and visitors. Anyway anyone else would have known you were going to have a busy Monday? Was his camera ever found?

HUGS!

Thanks Annasmom,

Is there anyway to know if GW knew anyone who would want a child and be involved in 'taking her'? Rather, did GW or yourself ever know of a couple that could be in question?

Did GW ever talk about any friends or aquaintances that he knew of?

These people could be out of towners at the time, hence driving south or west inland... I take it he only befriended GB and had a reclusive life otherthan his 2 jobs in San Fran.

I find it interesting Anna disappeared on the day you had so many friends over... excitement and a busy day with cars and visitors. Anyway anyone else would have known you were going to have a busy Monday? Was his camera ever found?

HUGS!
I really wish I could answer some of these questions, but I had no contact whatsoever with GW for four years before Anna went missing, and in many ways he had become a person I did not know. I believe this was a Tuesday, not a Monday (I'd have to check my records, but I had not volunteered at the school that day and I believe I went on Mondays). We were not expecting a busy day, so there's no way anybody else could have known about it either. I will say that we were on a party line in the canyon, and there were always clicks when we picked up the telephone. People would mistake your ring for theirs, or sometimes they were just curious and listened in. When I mentioned this to the police, they said something like "It wouldn't surprise me." That particular camera was later found, repaired and used a little.

I really wish I could answer some of these questions, but I had no contact whatsoever with GW for four years before Anna went missing, and in many ways he had become a person I did not know. I believe this was a Tuesday, not a Monday (I'd have to check my records, but I had not volunteered at the school that day and I believe I went on Mondays). We were not expecting a busy day, so there's no way anybody else could have known about it either. I will say that we were on a party line in the canyon, and there were always clicks when we picked up the telephone. People would mistake your ring for theirs, or sometimes they were just curious and listened in. When I mentioned this to the police, they said something like "It wouldn't surprise me." That particular camera was later found, repaired and used a little.

~~~

Thanks a million, I realize you were not in contact w/GW for sometime... I really wanted to to find out if the visiting day was planned or happened out of the blue which apparently is was :) I was wondering if there were any photos still on the camera when found, I guess not?

SK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876
Back