A question for Annasmom

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe this question was asked to you once upon a time, my apologies if it was...

Do you recall if Anna memorized her full name?
- phone number
- her age and birthdate?

I know when I had my kids in the 80's, the big thing was to teach them these basics in case of abduction. All the local malls would have these fingerprint kiosks set up. At this time in the 80's we had our kids finger and hand printed and sent to a Canadian Association which was associated with our Police (LE). I would assume Anna would recall her name Anna esp if it was suggested to her... her memory may kick in. Do you recall if she had any special interests beside music?

What occupation could Anna be involved in now? Not necessarily directed to just Annasmom.....

Suggestions: Music, Athletics, Literature - teaching?

Another idea I was thinking of last night was to contact an Italian Newspaper in one of the major cities adding Anna's photo and ask if they could do a story about her... Long shot I know but worth a shot for Anna.

I believe this question was asked to you once upon a time, my apologies if it was...

Do you recall if Anna memorized her full name?
- phone number
- her age and birthdate?

I know when I had my kids in the 80's, the big thing was to teach them these basics in case of abduction. All the local malls would have these fingerprint kiosks set up. At this time in the 80's we had our kids finger and hand printed and sent to a Canadian Association which was associated with our Police (LE). I would assume Anna would recall her name Anna esp if it was suggested to her... her memory may kick in. Do you recall if she had any special interests beside music?

What occupation could Anna be involved in now? Not necessarily directed to just Annasmom.....

Suggestions: Music, Athletics, Literature - teaching?

Another idea I was thinking of last night was to contact an Italian Newspaper in one of the major cities adding Anna's photo and ask if they could do a story about her... Long shot I know but worth a shot for Anna.

SK, She knew her first and last names. I know she didn't know her phone number. She knew how old she was, but I don't think she knew her birth date. She was interested in animals, of course, had a rock collection and liked to draw. I don't know about occupation. A lot of people in our family turn out to be teachers for some reason; my mother used to notice it when she was doing genealogy research.

Hi Annasmom,

If this has been asked before, I apologize. I have been reading the old searching for Anna threads and you mention that Anna may have gone to collect the mail. Was it routine for Anna to do this? or was she not supposed go and collect the mail by herself?

I also noted, if I understand correctly, that your letter box was on the opposite side of Purisima Creek Rd to your house.

If it was routine for Anna to collect the mail then it would have been very easy for someone watching her to wait for her to cross the road to the letter box and drive up and grab her. Looking at google maps, your house was set quite a way back from the road so it would be doubtful that you would have heard anything even if Anna did cause a commotion.

If the abduction did happen in the way I mention above, then even if someone had of see it happen, the abductors would have had a pretty good head start before anyone was able to chase them, as in the Jaycee case.

Hi Annasmom,

If this has been asked before, I apologize. I have been reading the old searching for Anna threads and you mention that Anna may have gone to collect the mail. Was it routine for Anna to do this? or was she not supposed go and collect the mail by herself?

I also noted, if I understand correctly, that your letter box was on the opposite side of Purisima Creek Rd to your house.

If it was routine for Anna to collect the mail then it would have been very easy for someone watching her to wait for her to cross the road to the letter box and drive up and grab her. Looking at google maps, your house was set quite a way back from the road so it would be doubtful that you would have heard anything even if Anna did cause a commotion.

If the abduction did happen in the way I mention above, then even if someone had of see it happen, the abductors would have had a pretty good head start before anyone was able to chase them, as in the Jaycee case.

Yes, she was allowed to collect the mail, and the scenario you describe is exactly what we think may have happened.

Yes, she was allowed to collect the mail, and the scenario you describe is exactly what we think may have happened.

Thanks Annasmom.

I find it so terribly sad to think that a little girl doing a simple thing like going to collect the mail could result in her being taken away from her family.

My parents thought nothing of sending myself and my 2 sisters on a ten minute walk to the local milk bar (drug store) when I was about 3 and my oldest sister was 6. This was in the 60's. Oh, how times have changed :(

Annasmom,

This might sound like a stupid question, but did GB have a slightly droopy or lazy left eyelid? In his older photo it looks like he did but I can't tell in the younger photo with his glasses on.

Annasmom,

This might sound like a stupid question, but did GB have a slightly droopy or lazy left eyelid? In his older photo it looks like he did but I can't tell in the younger photo with his glasses on.
OzzieMum, he didn't the last time I saw him, but of course those pictures were made several years later.

Hi Annasmom,

Has anyone tried to contact Dr. Water's lawyer since Anna's disappearance? Sometimes, a lawyer could be involved in helping to transfer Anna to another location or knew of a couple seeking to adopt (privately). When it comes to $, some Lawyers may bite at an opportunity like that.

Secondly, has everything in the Box F. H. been sifted through and examined?

Thanks!

Hi Annasmom,

Has anyone tried to contact Dr. Water's lawyer since Anna's disappearance? Sometimes, a lawyer could be involved in helping to transfer Anna to another location or knew of a couple seeking to adopt (privately). When it comes to $, some Lawyers may bite at an opportunity like that.

Secondly, has everything in the Box F. H. been sifted through and examined?

Thanks!

Yes, the lawyer was contacted some time ago and denied knowing Dr. Waters or remembering anything about him. Doogie and I and also the Sheriff's office have been through the BFH any number of times, and SherlockJr has scrutinized the insurance policies and the bank information. I don't see how we could have missed anything.

Yes, the lawyer was contacted some time ago and denied knowing Dr. Waters or remembering anything about him. Doogie and I and also the Sheriff's office have been through the BFH any number of times, and SherlockJr has scrutinized the insurance policies and the bank information. I don't see how we could have missed anything.

~ Thanks Annasmom,

That brings up my hinky meter on the lawyer. I wonder why he didn't recall the Doctor?! Was he the one who spoke of the 5th Amendment?

I am also wondering about any boarding schools Anna may have been sent to, tho last night I thought the G's wouldn't have paid for her to go to school, ironic in their not wanting to pay child support in the first place. Anna's mom, can you PM me the lawyers name if you have it.

Thx!

~ Thanks Annasmom,

That brings up my hinky meter on the lawyer. I wonder why he didn't recall the Doctor?! Was he the one who spoke of the 5th Amendment?

I am also wondering about any boarding schools Anna may have been sent to, tho last night I thought the G's wouldn't have paid for her to go to school, ironic in their not wanting to pay child support in the first place. Anna's mom, can you PM me the lawyers name if you have it.

Thx!
I sent it to you on your visitor's page. I think there was another one, but I'd have to dig through the files to find it and can't do it this morning. The one whose name I sent you was the one who was supposed to work on a will. I think you're right to question this man's memory, though he certainly is older than I am and I have been having quite a few senior moments lately.

So I am just now starting to read the threads and becoming familar with this case. Is it possible GB knew a couple with the Eiffe last name and befriended GW once he found he had a female child in order to gain access to her an arrage a black market type adoption?

I found a lady who is listed on veromi as 49 ( we know veromi is not always accurate) That has used the last names Eiffe and Wolfe. Longshot I know...most likely coincidental she resides in PA

So I am just now starting to read the threads and becoming familar with this case. Is it possible GB knew a couple with the Eiffe last name and befriended GW once he found he had a female child in order to gain access to her an arrage a black market type adoption?

I found a lady who is listed on veromi as 49 ( we know veromi is not always accurate) That has used the last names Eiffe and Wolfe. Longshot I know...most likely coincidental she resides in PA
Mahoney, I'm glad to see you here and happy to have your input. Of course, anything is possible, but it is good to keep in mind that GW loved his daughter and believed he was adding the name in order to make her life better (no matter what the motivations of his mentor). We cannot, of course, rule out some kind of illegal adoption.

Annasmom, My heart breaks for you and what you have been through. I have followed this forum for years - but became interested in it again recently. I have read through all of the threads and did not see the answer to these two questions.

1/ Is there a place that I am able to purchase and download the book, Or are only paper versions available?

2/ Have you ever worked with or considered hiring a private investigator?

Thank you in advance for your time and I'm thinking of you often as I check in on these forums daily...

I believe you can purchase the book from Lulu and Amazon.com.

If you click on Annamom's link in her sig, it'll take you to Anna's website and there is a link to go to Lulu to purchase.

Annasmom, My heart breaks for you and what you have been through. I have followed this forum for years - but became interested in it again recently. I have read through all of the threads and did not see the answer to these two questions.

1/ Is there a place that I am able to purchase and download the book, Or are only paper versions available?

2/ Have you ever worked with or considered hiring a private investigator?

Thank you in advance for your time and I'm thinking of you often as I check in on these forums daily...

You can download the book at http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/searching-for-anna/2811268.

Yes, we had a rather famous private investigator working on the case on two separate occasions. The book has a chapter on him.

Thank you so much! I had forgotten about Lulu. I downloaded it & am off to read it. Thanks again...

I have devoured the book in two nights & sit here now reduced to tears. So many of the little details hit home - the backwards name spelling, the rock collection & eerily a picture that my own child drew (just yesterday) that is strikingly similar to Anna's spider in a web.

In today's day & age of social media, I wondered if you ever considered utilizing a viral video? Using details of the case, photos of Anna as a child, & the progressed agecomposites.

I was struck by the anecdote in the book of a composite that was done from a 47 day infant - and was recognized by the grown man's colleague.

I'm imagining a montage that said something like, "She could be your neighbor"... "Your son's piano teacher"... etc. etc. implying that Anna is out there & could be recognized by them. I could see this catching on and "shared" on sites such as Facebook.

I have used Animoto (free)in the past & gotten a great response. The piece was moving & a call to action... just as I envision this being.

Any thoughhts??? I am just reminded of the armies of people out there when I log onto Facebook & see my friends with hundreds of their friends... and so on and so on...

I have devoured the book in two nights & sit here now reduced to tears. So many of the little details hit home - the backwards name spelling, the rock collection & eerily a picture that my own child drew (just yesterday) that is strikingly similar to Anna's spider in a web.

In today's day & age of social media, I wondered if you ever considered utilizing a viral video? Using details of the case, photos of Anna as a child, & the progressed agecomposites.

I was struck by the anecdote in the book of a composite that was done from a 47 day infant - and was recognized by the grown man's colleague.

I'm imagining a montage that said something like, "She could be your neighbor"... "Your son's piano teacher"... etc. etc. implying that Anna is out there & could be recognized by them. I could see this catching on and "shared" on sites such as Facebook.

I have used Animoto (free)in the past & gotten a great response. The piece was moving & a call to action... just as I envision this being.

Any thoughhts??? I am just reminded of the armies of people out there when I log onto Facebook & see my friends with hundreds of their friends... and so on and so on...
Thank you for such a touching response, Lulu. Anna's name now gets 277,000 hits on Google...we have discussed a "viral" campaign before, but somehow I resist this, hating to expose the family to it and not wanting Anna's story to just become an annoyance or a piece of spam. We do continue to try to get the story out in other ways, however, and welcome all suggestions including this one.

Respectfully noted. I understand completely. I didn't see mention of a viral campaign on the threads and thought it was worth mentioning.

I think of you, your family & Anna often.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!
Back