A twister?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, in all fairness, Team Ramsey had almost all inside information on what LE had as evidence and I am sure that those....______ ____ _ _ _s
explained and coached the R's indept, covering everything imaginable.
what's odd is,even though one of the questions was 'did JonBenet have anything to eat?',thus tipping the R's off,they still chose to say JB was carried straight to bed asleep.what was so important to override the pineapple snack,was it the snack itself,something more..such as the condition of her body(which of course would a be a top priority),or both?

what's odd is,even though one of the questions was 'did JonBenet have anything to eat?',thus tipping the R's off,they still chose to say JB was carried straight to bed asleep.what was so important to override the pineapple snack,was it the snack itself,something more..such as the condition of her body(which of course would a be a top priority),or both?

We started out SOOOOO on the same page tonight then my brain when haywire on you.

I agree, one of the biggest problem in this case for the R's was that Burke said she walked inside from the White's dinner party and they said she was asleep.

My thoughts as I was trying to go to sleep tonight were exactly what you said above- Then I got up and came back to Websleuths.. because I thought...

If we 'play make believe' and give every single possible 'benefit of the doubt' to try to MAKE the R's innocent...

Imagine for a moment that the stress of the kidnapping/murder of their daughter screwed up their brains enough that NONE of their answers to ALL questions can be held against them as any sort of evidence of their involvement in the crime or in the cover-up... So their statements are out...In this same vein of thinking all of their actions post murder are out, eliminated for the same reasons mentiioned above and because for whatever reason(s) they called their lawyers immediately. (Team Ramsey F'ed up this case!!! THEY prevented it from ever being prosecuted!) Once their lawyers were involved the R's actions were not 'their own'. Team Ramsey took over and WAS in charge with the R's, (and for that matter Lou Smit and the DA's office too), being lead around by the rings in their noses. -So eliminate their words and actions for the sake of argument. OK?

All we have is the hard evidence- (and even some of it must be eliminated-the fiber evidence and the DNA evidence under the fingernails)

The house/yard and all clues they holds (windows, doors, window grate, snow, grass, American Girl Doll, the painting in JBR's room, etc.)
JBR's body and its evidence
The ransom note
The bat and the flashlight
JBR's clothing- on her and off-
The blanket
The tape
The garrotte
The broken paintbrush and shards
The paint tray
The suitcase and contents
The ransom note
The notepad(s) and 'practice note' and fingerprints
The Sharpie pen
Foreign male DNA touch evidence and foreign male DNA mixed w/victim's blood
The green garland fibers in hair
(etc. What else??? Add to the list-)

The fiber evidence and fingernail DNA evidence is out as well because it BPD allowed it to become contaminated by not securing the crime scene and by not using sterile clippers on each fingernail.)

What do you have?

I'll start...
1. ransom note- The only person tested who could not be eliminated as the writer by all experts, even Ramsey hired experts who reviewed the RN was Patsy Ramsey-
2. all items used in the murder came from within the home
3. a suggested kidnapping with the murdered child found inside her own home
4. no foreign fingerprints or DNA on anything connected with the murder(the flashlight and batteries---huge issue--One question here why would an intruder be so careful as to not leave a single fingerprint, fiber, hair, etc. yet so careless as to leave touch DNA and DNA mixed w/JBR's blood??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????)
5. fingerprints on note pad ransom note was written from- 1 print-CBI agent- 1 print- BPD who took the pad on the 26th from JR and 5 prints from Patsy Ramsey- (John gave BPD two pads one was PR's and one was his...)

Now.. you have to throw out all evidence which points to the R's that could have been there because it was THEIR home and THEIR daughter...

What's left...

Poor dead JonBenet...and NO Justice for her........

The problem was and is... There were and are too many people in charge of seeking justice for JonBenet who were and are still "Playing Make Believe"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We started out SOOOOO on the same page tonight then my brain when haywire on you.

I agree, one of the biggest problem in this case for the R's was that Burke said she walked inside from the White's dinner party and they said she was asleep.

My thoughts as I was trying to go to sleep tonight were exactly what you said above- Then I got up and came back to Websleuths.. because I thought...

If we 'play make believe' and give every single possible 'benefit of the doubt' to try to MAKE the R's innocent...

Imagine for a moment that the stress of the kidnapping/murder of their daughter screwed up their brains enough that NONE of their answers to ALL questions can be held against them as any sort of evidence of their involvement in the crime or in the cover-up... So their statements are out...In this same vein of thinking all of their actions post murder are out, eliminated for the same reasons mentiioned above and because for whatever reason(s) they called their lawyers immediately. (Team Ramsey F'ed up this case!!! THEY prevented it from ever being prosecuted!) Once their lawyers were involved the R's actions were not 'their own'. Team Ramsey took over and WAS in charge with the R's, (and for that matter Lou Smit and the DA's office too), being lead around by the rings in their noses. -So eliminate their words and actions for the sake of argument. OK?

All we have is the hard evidence- (and even some of it must be eliminated-the fiber evidence and the DNA evidence under the fingernails)

The house/yard and all clues they holds (windows, doors, window grate, snow, grass, American Girl Doll, the painting in JBR's room, etc.)
The ransom note
The blanket
The tape
The garrotte
The paint tray
The ransom note
The Sharpie pen

The fiber evidence and fingernail DNA evidence is out as well because it BPD allowed it to become contaminated by not securing the crime scene and by not using sterile clippers on each fingernail.)

What do you have?

I'll start...
1. ransom note- The only person tested who could not be eliminated as the writer by all experts, even Ramsey hired experts who reviewed the RN was Patsy Ramsey-
4. no foreign fingerprints or DNA on anything connected with the murder(the flashlight and batteries---huge issue--One question here why would an intruder be so careful as to not leave a single fingerprint, fiber, hair, etc. yet so careless as to leave touch DNA and DNA mixed w/JBR's blood??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????)
5. fingerprints on note pad ransom note was written from- 1 print-CBI agent- 1 print- BPD who took the pad on the 26th from JR and 5 prints from Patsy Ramsey- (John gave BPD two pads one was PR's and one was his...)

Now.. you have to throw out all evidence which points to the R's that could have been there because it was THEIR home and THEIR daughter...

What's left...

The problem was and is... There were and are too many people in charge of seeking justice for JonBenet who were and are still "Playing Make Believe"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't have to throw out ALL the evidence from the Rs because it was their home.
The evidence linked to the CRIME itself- the fibers in and on JBR's pubic area, tape, blanket, garrote cord for example, are directly linked to the crime and the staging. They are found in and on places that, though belonging to people who live there, are also in places where only someone who had handled the body or the implements related to the death would have left them.
The green garland was found in 2 places that could be related to the crime- on the staircase railings (indicating she may have been carried down and gotten the garland caught then), and they were found on the floor of the wineceller and the hallway just outside it. The Rs did keep artificial Christmas trees and decorations in both the wineceller and the room just outside it. There is a crime photo of the door to the wineceller showing a decoration of green garland hanging on the wall right next to the wineceller door. I believe JBR was lying on the floor just outside the wineceller before she was put in the wineceller. I think the garrote was made right down there- the paintbrush, cord, tape all coming from the basement- and remember the white blanket was only pulled around her torso- with her head, arms and legs exposed, so there was garland on the floor in that room also.

You don't have to throw out ALL the evidence from the Rs because it was their home.
The evidence linked to the CRIME itself- the fibers in and on JBR's pubic area, tape, blanket, garrote cord for example, are directly linked to the crime and the staging. They are found in and on places that, though belonging to people who live there, are also in places where only someone who had handled the body or the implements related to the death would have left them.
The green garland was found in 2 places that could be related to the crime- on the staircase railings (indicating she may have been carried down and gotten the garland caught then), and they were found on the floor of the wineceller and the hallway just outside it. The Rs did keep artificial Christmas trees and decorations in both the wineceller and the room just outside it. There is a crime photo of the door to the wineceller showing a decoration of green garland hanging on the wall right next to the wineceller door. I believe JBR was lying on the floor just outside the wineceller before she was put in the wineceller. I think the garrote was made right down there- the paintbrush, cord, tape all coming from the basement- and remember the white blanket was only pulled around her torso- with her head, arms and legs exposed, so there was garland on the floor in that room also.

DeeDee249,
From memory shards of wood from the paintbrush handle were discovered just outside the wine-cellar door, and none inside.

A variant RDI theory I've never published since there is little evidence to support it, is that JonBenet was made unconcious in another location, and that the wine-cellar became a place to stage her final crime-scene.

Prior to the wine-cellar staging I think there was another staging, it used the flashlight which was employed to murder JonBenet. Some suitable scene was was then fabricated to suggest JonBenet had been attacked by some intruder, this location may have been her bedroom, this if you consider events seems the logical place to start a staged crime-scene, e.g. certainly not the wine-cellar which an intruder could not have known about. That JonBenet's head injury is rectangular in shape and not circular or diffuse as you might expect from an accidental fall or hitting some irregular household object such as a sink tap, or bath side etc, is what allows this to run for me.

Both JonBenet's head injury and garroting are not needed to silence JonBenet, smothering would have accomplished this. And of course why should the flashlight need to be wiped clean both on the inside and outside, only if the stager realized his/her fingerprints may be on it?

Prior to the wine-cellar staging I think there was another staging, it used the flashlight which was employed to murder JonBenet. Some suitable scene was was then fabricated to suggest JonBenet had been attacked by some intruder, this location may have been her bedroom, this if you consider events seems the logical place to start a staged crime-scene, e.g. certainly not the wine-cellar which an intruder could not have known about. That JonBenet's head injury is rectangular in shape and not circular or diffuse as you might expect from an accidental fall or hitting some irregular household object such as a sink tap, or bath side etc, is what allows this to run for me.

it works for me,too.the flashlight and the rectangular pattern have always fit together,IMO.
ALSO..once again,Thomas left out a specific murder weapon,saying only that he'd looked around for something JB might have hit her head on.To me..this speaks VOLUMES.I think he *knows the flashlight was the weapon used,so he left it out completely,only mentioning that tests showed it fit the skull fracture very well.and like you said earlier..it was not by accident that he left it out.
Schiller made a comment about a murder weapon one time,as if there was an actual weapon,not just JB's head striking a solid object she was thrown into.I believe he said the murder weapon was not publicly identified,nor was it said what the killer did with it after the murder.whether he meant the flashlight or not is up to interpretation.but it does sound like there was indeed a weapon.

the only thing that makes me think a prior staging may not have been done is the fact that Stanton's husb. heard the sound of metal on concrete (which I think came from the wc) ,shortly after Melody heard the scream.this doesn't sound like enough time to have completed a prior staging,unless her body was moved back upstairs after this,and then relocated to the basement once again.

The ransom note
The blanket
The tape
The garrotte
The paint tray
The ransom note
The Sharpie pen

What do you have?

I'll start...

What's left...

re: the pineapple,I meant that more in a sense of,was there something about the pineapple itself, that caused the R's to deny it?
Wendy Murphy says it's not logical to assume there was only one tox test done.In DOI,and in the interviews,JR specifically tried to cast suspicion on Priscilla White,saying she'd made JB a special plate of crab,just for her only.That sentence really stuck out at me in DOI,as JR seemed to have wanted it to for the reader.(if anyone has the pprback version,check it to see what I mean).the R's were questioned about meds,specifically I think klonopin.so it makes me wonder if indeed there was something found in a tox test that was not publicly revealed.and if so,is this the reason they went completely around the issue of the pineapple,even when handed the question beforehand,did JB have anything to eat?

UK,you mentioned some time ago that you didn't think the pineapple itself was a problem,seeing as it was left out.Sure..but so was the flashlight.

re: the pineapple,I meant that more in a sense of,was there something about the pineapple itself, that caused the R's to deny it?
Wendy Murphy says it's not logical to assume there was only one tox test done.In DOI,and in the interviews,JR specifically tried to cast suspicion on Priscilla White,saying she'd made JB a special plate of crab,just for her only.That sentence really stuck out at me in DOI,as JR seemed to have wanted it to for the reader.(if anyone has the pprback version,check it to see what I mean).the R's were questioned about meds,specifically I think klonopin.so it makes me wonder if indeed there was something found in a tox test that was not publicly revealed.and if so,is this the reason they went completely around the issue of the pineapple,even when handed the question beforehand,did JB have anything to eat?

UK,you mentioned some time ago that you didn't think the pineapple itself was a problem,seeing as it was left out.Sure..but so was the flashlight.

JMO8778,
Well the difference is that the pineapple was patently forgotten about by everyone until it surfaced in JonBenet's stomach. The parents never even bothered clearing that table. And the other more important difference is that the tableware contained lots of forensic evidence in the form of fingerprints and dna, whereas the flashlight was wiped clean e.g. one was part of a crime-scene the other a domestic snack, so not seen as a potential problem.

The most important thing about the pineapple, aside from the parents denials, is that it proves beyond doubt that JonBenet was awake and walking about after the Ramsey's arrived home. This contradicts their statements that JonBenet was lying sleeping in bed until she was kidnapped.

JMO8778,

Well the difference is that the pineapple was patently forgotten about by everyone until it surfaced in JonBenet's stomach. The parents never even bothered clearing that table. And the other more important difference is that the tableware contained lots of forensic evidence in the form of fingerprints and dna, whereas the flashlight was wiped clean e.g. one was part of a crime-scene the other a domestic snack, so not seen as a potential problem.

The most important thing about the pineapple, aside from the parents denials, is that it proves beyond doubt that JonBenet was awake and walking about after the Ramsey's arrived home. This contradicts their statements that JonBenet was lying sleeping in bed until she was kidnapped.

ok,thanks,I see what you're saying.it's still confusing to me though, as to why,(if nothing was sinister about the tox tests),they would try to cast suspicion on the White's.

it works for me,too.the flashlight and the rectangular pattern have always fit together,IMO.
ALSO..once again,Thomas left out a specific murder weapon,saying only that he'd looked around for something JB might have hit her head on.To me..this speaks VOLUMES.I think he *knows the flashlight was the weapon used,so he left it out completely,only mentioning that tests showed it fit the skull fracture very well.and like you said earlier..it was not by accident that he left it out.
Schiller made a comment about a murder weapon one time,as if there was an actual weapon,not just JB's head striking a solid object she was thrown into.I believe he said the murder weapon was not publicly identified,nor was it said what the killer did with it after the murder.whether he meant the flashlight or not is up to interpretation.but it does sound like there was indeed a weapon.

the only thing that makes me think a prior staging may not have been done is the fact that Stanton's husb. heard the sound of metal on concrete (which I think came from the wc) ,shortly after Melody heard the scream.this doesn't sound like enough time to have completed a prior staging,unless her body was moved back upstairs after this,and then relocated to the basement once again.

JMO8778,
Cleaning JonBenet would be the first part in any staging, then redressing her for the part. So candidate one is the Barbie Nightgown along with her being whacked on the head with the flashlight, which may have been lying in her bedroom? This is then revised to the wine-cellar where the Barbie Nightgown is removed and replaced with the white-gap top, then the garrote is applied. All possibly because there is no visual cue to the cause of death in the bedroom staging, or that the chronic abuse has to obscured?

In JR's 06/98 LE interview:

6 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, all I can specifically

7 remember was the cracked crab. I think they had a

8 turkey dinner. But I think she made, she always

9 makes these little hot dogs with barbecue sauce

10 that the kids love. I remember her specifically,

11 Priscilla coming over this big plate of cracked

12 plate making little plates, and I wanted to save

13 these out for JonBenet and she took them out and

14 put them in the plate.
15 LOU SMIT: What were they?

16 JOHN RAMSEY: I think it was the cracked

17 crab.

JR is saying that he that wanted PW to save some crab for JonBenet. Makes you wonder why in later interviews the R's try to cast suspicion on PW for making JBR the special plate of crab just for her. Just one example of how the R's have changed their stories over the years and try to twist events to make others look guilty and take away the spotlight from themselves.

In JR's 06/98 LE interview:

6 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, all I can specifically

7 remember was the cracked crab. I think they had a

8 turkey dinner. But I think she made, she always

9 makes these little hot dogs with barbecue sauce

10 that the kids love. I remember her specifically,

11 Priscilla coming over this big plate of cracked

12 plate making little plates, and I wanted to save

13 these out for JonBenet and she took them out and

14 put them in the plate.15 LOU SMIT: What were they?

16 JOHN RAMSEY: I think it was the cracked

17 crab.

JR is saying that he that wanted PW to save some crab for JonBenet. Makes you wonder why in later interviews the R's try to cast suspicion on PW for making JBR the special plate of crab just for her. Just one example of how the R's have changed their stories over the years and try to twist events to make others look guilty and take away the spotlight from themselves.

EXACTLY! John and Patsy BOTH (in their 98 interviews) state that they thought that it was ODD that PW saved out that crack crab for JB. And as you have bolded in your post...JOHN ASKED PW TO DO THAT! So, its not all that weird or odd at all....:rolleyes: Also, John and Patsy's statement about it being strange, or odd...were the same. WORD FOR WORD, almost like it had been rehearsed. Over at FFJ, I posted their statements together....one right after the other, and they were identical. I will try and dig it up again.

I found it...Patsy even thought that it was strange that PW mentioned JB by name, when talking about saving out the crack crab....nevermind that JOHN ASKED PW TO DO IT.
-----------------------------------------------
Now tell me that John and Patsy didn't discuss this before their interviews...

From PR's 98 Interview...

23 TRIP DEMUTH: Okay. But you do remember the
24 cracked crab.
25 PATSY RAMSEY: I just remember Priscilla had
1 dip and she said, I know your kids like seafood. I
2 will hold this little plate out for JonBenet to make
3 sure she gets some.
4 TRIP DEMUTH: You remember that.
5 PATSY RAMSEY: I remember that. Well, I
6 thought that is nice to make sure that we don't devour
7 it before the kids get some, but she specifically
8 mentioned JonBenet's name. And at that time it kind
9 of, you know, flew over. But then when you are trying
10 to remember things later, it seems, you know, a little
11 strange.

So, Patsy ended up thinking that it was "strange" too. I am quite sure that John and Patsy discussed this beforehand....because they BOTH used the words "seems a little strange"....why didn't one use "unusual"...or "weird".....?? And the last part of the intervews that I have posted....are exactly the same. Also...Patsy says..."...when you are trying to remember things later, it seems a little strange"...and John's interview says...."Which in retrospect, seems a little strange". The things that I have highlighted in red...in my last sentence....mean the same thing.

From JR's 98 Interview:

5 JOHN RAMSEY: But she specifically, I
6 just remember her making little plates going down
7 the line. Which, in retrospect, seems a little
8 strange.

-----------------------------------------

From Ames: It's odd that one of them didn't say...."Is a little weird" or "seems strange" or "seems a little odd" , etc. They both say...in looking back...that it "seems a little strange".

JB was supposedly 'sick' all day Christmas Day... If true, and she really was confined to her room all day, why would parents make her go to a Christmas dinner that night?

If she was indeed sick Christmas Day and ate crap and shrimp and threw up or soiled at the White's house did PR have to change her from a red jumpsuit into a spare set of clothing? Could the size 12 undies have come from the already wrapped package in the trunk of the car or maybe even from the White's house? Could the red turtleneck have been part of an extra outfit taken to change into in case she had an accident? Maybe JB or JR was told to pack a little bag in case of an accident for the White's house and he/she just grabbed the size 12's. (Just trying to put out every possibility...)

I think that the whole "sick" Christmas Day thing seems really important in this case... It just does not make sense..

JB was supposedly 'sick' all day Christmas Day... If true, and she really was confined to her room all day, why would parents make her go to a Christmas dinner that night?

If she was indeed sick Christmas Day and ate crap and shrimp and threw up or soiled at the White's house did PR have to change her from a red jumpsuit into a spare set of clothing? Could the size 12 undies have come from the already wrapped package in the trunk of the car or maybe even from the White's house? Could the red turtleneck have been part of an extra outfit taken to change into in case she had an accident? Maybe JB or JR was told to pack a little bag in case of an accident for the White's house and he/she just grabbed the size 12's. (Just trying to put out every possibility...)

I think that the whole "sick" Christmas Day thing seems really important in this case... It just does not make sense..

She wasn't too sick to ride her new Christmas bike, well... according to John. So, she was not confined to her room all day. From what I hear...and read...that is just a rumor.

She wasn't too sick to ride her new Christmas bike, well... according to John. So, she was not confined to her room all day. From what I hear...and read...that is just a rumor.

I thought John said on tv about a year after JB'd murder and in DOI that one of his most painful regrets was that he did not do as JBR asked and take her outside to ride her bike on Christmas Day...

Patsy Ramsey said that JonBenet was not feeling well on Christmas Day and that JB was confined to her bedroom to rest.

And that there were "rumors" that JonBenet had guests in her "sick room" that day and that her friends were allowed to "visit her in her room".

:confused:

I thought John said on tv about a year after JB'd murder and in DOI that one of his most painful regrets was that he did not do as JBR asked and take her outside to ride her bike on Christmas Day...

Patsy Ramsey said that JonBenet was not feeling well on Christmas Day and that JB was confined to her bedroom to rest.

And that there were "rumors" that JonBenet had guests in her "sick room" that day and that her friends were allowed to "visit her in her room".

:confused:

I will do some research. I read where he said that she did get to ride her bike, but not for long.

I will do some research. I read where he said that she did get to ride her bike, but not for long.

Thanks, Ames. You may be right...With the R's they were constantly contradicting themselves... Who knows what to believe!!!???

Until this case I never even heard of a 'garrote.' Twister is a new one for me (learn something new everyday).

I don't usually frequent this case, but the name of the thread intrigued me. I didn't know what a garrote was either! So how would he know to call it a "twister" - omg. That's sick! :furious:

Thanks, Ames. You may be right...With the R's they were constantly contradicting themselves... Who knows what to believe!!!???

I have to pick my daughter up from school, so I didn't get to research John''s interview...but I will later. I did find this at wiki.

"JonBenet had ridden her Christmas present, a bike, on the backyard patio the day before"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back