a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much Katiecoolady & Pasa for all your insight into the Jodi Arias trial. When I read about people like Arias, Casey Anthony etc., I feel it's such a cruel world full of evil, but the job u r doing being an ambassador for the true victim reminds me there are still some decent people out there. I despise the defences in these trials that spin the truth & dirty the victim's name. How can they live with themselves, does defending your client mean at any cost? They have sold their souls. I've been lurking on this thread the past few weeks & your insights are full of common sense & your humanity shines through, keep up the good work :)

Quick Question:

I donated to the Travis Alexander Legacy Fund @ raisingyoufoundation@gmail.com

Is this the correct place? I didn't get an email, so I wanted to make sure I didn't send the money to the wrong place!!

That's different from the one I donated to. At least the email is different .. re emails though, I received an email after I think about 4 days. I think the more people donating, it may take a bit longer for them to get back to you. You should receive an email soon I imagine. If you don't, maybe you could contact either Tanisha or Sam and confirm with them that they received the funds?

Pasa, thank you for making my Saturday morning informative and enlightening with your posts. It is a special gift you give us to get through the long weekends!

Thank you and to all who attend! I look forward to KKL, you, and all the others who hope to attend!

I'm off to read KKL's update on her brother.

That article is awesome!

However, I didn't know I've been flirting with a member of the Asian Mafia
smiley-scared002.gif

EWWW. I wonder what the good doctor thinks he is bartering for in this trial?

:furious:

Take a look at this and it may answer your question ;)
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2005-01-13/news/katie-jordy-s-excellent-adventure/

I feel quite sure it was us! Pm me so I can remember who you are.

Well my husband is officially upset that I kept him awake last night due to my very late night reading of your "excellent adventures" I loved every word. You are both so inspiring and you should be quite proud of yourselves. Thank you for all your contributions.

Just on quick question katiekoollady....has it ever happened you have totally prepared to be involved with a case, then the more you looked into it you saw something that just made you feel the defendant was innocent? Would you go on to a different case or would you stay involved & express your change of opinion?
Thanks, Ellen

Just on quick question katiekoollady....has it ever happened you have totally prepared to be involved with a case, then the more you looked into it you saw something that just made you feel the defendant was innocent? Would you go on to a different case or would you stay involved & express your change of opinion?
Thanks, Ellen

Excellent question and :welcome5:

Thanks, Ellen

Now that would be a test wouldn't it? I typically land with the prosecution (duh) and honestly don't think I'd be driven to get involved with a case that wasn't a clear sense of guilt (to me) on the outset. But if that should happen it would be a "law and order" moment for sure.

I did once watch a trial once and post vehemently on the side of the defense on the court tv boards years ago. It was a self defense case too I believe with an elderly defendant. Who was clearly remorseful. I was as passionate about his innocence as I usually am with defendants guilt. But I went in to posting thinking he was not guilty.

It's really the sociopaths that draw me and rarely are they unjustly accused.

So this question is kind of a Zen koan. More about the question than the answer as kind of unanswerable unless I found myself in the situation.

Asked and partially answered? ;)

EWWW. I wonder what the good doctor thinks he is bartering for in this trial?

:furious:

Boost in book sales? Discounted fee for representation? New drinking buddy?

:) :)

It's true, the jury instructions are very specific and very thorough so as to actually lead the jury to the right conclusion. The only way I can really see a possibility of an acquittal or even conviction of a lesser included offense would be if there is jury nullification -- meaning the jury ignores the law because they don't believe it's fair and arrive at a verdict that is not supported by the evidence.

Same goes for a verdict in favor of death. I do not see how they can find that the death penalty aggravating factors have not been proven, and since this is a death qualified jury, IMO they will give her the death penalty unless there is some huge mitigating evidence that we are unaware of at the moment.

ETA: I have always been a death penalty opponent, and I would not qualify for a death penalty jury -- but I can still look at the law and determine when it's appropriate or not under the law, and I think this is a clear cut death penalty case.

That gravity of that last paragraph is not lost on me minor4th. Thanks for all your helpful contributions.

Quick Question:

I donated to the Travis Alexander Legacy Fund @ raisingyoufoundation@gmail.com

Is this the correct place? I didn't get an email, so I wanted to make sure I didn't send the money to the wrong place!!

This is the link that I used too. Apparently it *has* been verified that it is being run by a friend of TAs. Still, I was also concerned and dismayed that there was no email confirmation or contact or follow up of any kind from the person collecting the money. At this point, I'm just going to hope that my donation made its way to the family.

The one email I've confirmed with tanisha (to her face) is the justice4travisalexander one. I will ask her about this other one on Monday. I think there could be two so wouldn't worry about it..I'll just confirm.

Meanwhile Back at the Ranch.......

As I'm scoping out the jury I listen to the not so good doctor drone on about ja and her PTSD. My lil' ears perk up when he mentions ja's PTSD after the crime. Whaaaa? He said crime. Hmmm... Freudian slip?

JW asks why he's moving his hand up and down. I write "he's expressive for crying out loud". She's grasping at straws trying to make legal meaning out of simple hand gestures. I then write she's as bad if not worse than Nurmi.
His slow drawn out method is boring, but her Mini Mouse on speed style is scrambling my brain.
Me thinks the reason for ja's brain scramble is JW's style yet she blamed Juan.

I see JW approach towards Gus's doppelganger and then asks the judge if she can approach. I thought she was supposed to ask first then approach. Learn something new everyday.
JW is quite assertive, I bet the talking heads won't mention it, but it's noticeable to me.

RS goes into the tests he performed on ja while evaluating her condition. Blah blah blah

Tricolor: Notes, CEO: Notes, Nan: Notes, Paul Rudd: Notes, Grandpa: watching witness and JW. I can see Housewife as one of the heads in front of me moves. She's got her arms folded across her chest looking ahead. Hmmm, not buyin' what the defense is selling is my guess.
Power 4 (I think that's what KCL calls them) watching the witness and JW. They are so done with the BS. Power 4 (Lumberjack, CPA, Neil, and Elderly Man w/headphones), I think. KCL, correct me if I'm wrong. CEO is in the mix too, but he's in the front row.

RS a better witness than Gus, but it wouldn't take much. Some of what he says makes sense, some of it is BS.

I look over to the family. Samantha's taking notes, she is the note taker in the family.
They're nicely dressed and well groomed, Travis would be proud of how they represent his memory, with class and style.
I notice Harold is supportive of Tanisha as they listen to more excuses for why ja would murder their brother. They are such a nice couple, their love for one another radiates like an aura.

I put my sweater on, is it the A/C or ja who's giving me a cold chill. I look to my right and the girl next to me has kicked off her shoes and is sitting yoga style cross legged on the seat. Which wouldn't be a big deal except she's wearing a short dress. I try not to look in that direction again. :)

More later:

Home Depot is calling my name and hubby has been patient while I've typed out the latest installment.
Sorry, real life takes over at times. :)

Your notes really made me LOL PASA.

My four pack on the back is CPA, Wrestler, Neil and Poquito ;) (who I hope never reads this...he's a bad a$$ Latin man with an attitude!)

Your notes really made me LOL PASA.

My four pack on the back is CPA, Wrestler, Neil and Poquito ;) (who I hope never reads this...he's a bad a$$ Latin man with an attitude!)

I was going back and forth between Poquito and Elderly Man "headphones".
Don't count out headphones.. Could be a power 5. LOL!

I wonder if Poquito would be ok with the name Poco? I wouldn't want
to make him mad. :)

Thanks for the clarification on who's who. :)

Ok, I really am outta here for now. :)

Sending good thoughts to you and your brother.

Thanks, Ellen

That is such a great question Ellen, I hope you don't mind if I join the discussion.

Not unlike KCL, I usually side with the prosecution. But there were two high profile glaring examples where I reluctantly changed my mind.

1) The Duke Lacrosse Rape Case (Nancy Grace joined me in my original incorrect assessment.)

and

2) Tiffany Hartley's apparent innocence in the death of her husband David on Falcon Lake (Dr. Lillian Glass joined me in my original incorrect assessment.)

I suspect there are many others, including some fellow WSers, who got these wrong.

My apologies for posting off topic. I promise to behave now.

I was smitten with "Poco" :D when he was fully described including the fact that he looked over Jodi. I can't remember who said it with all the great commentary but he became a favorite of mine.

Also the woman who came to court in really high heels and skinny jeans? (correct me if I am wrong here).

Looking at Jurys past it just seems this is one of the most interesting and serious.

OK and my heart melted a little bit when one of the men spoke when his head phones did not work. He sounded like a older gentlemen, very sweet and at the same time serious enough about his job to speak up and let the court know their audio was ca ca and headphones needed to be fixed.

I've said before that Travis is a lucky man to have Juan at the helm but I believe from what's been said so far that these are an impressive group of people as well.

Something that keeps bothering me is that the TH's are all over the place with Jodi and Travis' size. I think I heard Jodi testify she was 5'5' to 5'5 1/2". I thought I heard that Travis was around 5'9" but I've heard the TH's go as high as 6'.

This information is static so why can't they get it right? News organizations are supposed to present facts. If they can't get these simple static details correct....or even consistent...geez!

They seem to portray him as a giant and her a frail little kitten.

Myvice, I think the autopsy report said he was 5' 8".. sorta shocked me as I thought he appeared taller . :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89