a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard it a few times that in person Juan isn't "screaming" but because the mircrophones are so close to him we hear it louder on the feed. I tend to believe this characterization when you find he has "groupies" who actually go to all of his trials just to watch him work. If he was yelling and screaming as loud as he appears on the feed sometimes, I would think he would not only turn off jurors but also the "groupies" who follow him.

Look at how much we don't like JW and KN, Somehow I doubt either of them have groupies.

Janine Driver talked about how "normal" it seemed in person because Nurmi is so huge and Juan is so tiny. Their voices kind of offset their sizes according to her, if I'm paraphrasing that properly.

A different question about live vs on TV.... Once you notice it, Nurmi's habit of clanking down his pen on the podium after every freaking question is like water torture on TV. But I'm guessing that's because it's right by the mike and that in court you don't even notice it. Am I correct, or do you hear that too?

Who is Janine Driver and why is everyone chatting about her as though she's some sort of God-like creature?

Janine is a well known body language expert who is in court with KatieCooLady today.
Some of us, myself included, think she's one of the best, and are honored to have her come to town to attend the trial.

-
She is on Dr. Drew's show and he calls her the "human lie detector".

And, IMO, she's much more accurate than Dr. Glass.

I had first seen her just a couple of months ago on Anderson Cooper's or Jeff Probst's talk shows, and she has a good personality for TV. I believe I've seen Dr. Glass as well, but she obviously was not as memorable to me.

Just as "psychics", palm readers & tarot card readers, if you see just one, they might seem impressive at first -- but when you see more than one within a short period of time, people start distinguishing that one is better than another.

It seems that what they all have in common is that they interpret certain signs to make their determination. Reading body language is not a "science" per se, but an interpretation of behavior patterns. Just as polygraphs, they can be "fooled" by a worthy liar or someone who is "hyper-vigilant" (to use one of Dr. Drew's buzzwords).

It is nice to see some of the WS members making personal connections with each other and with some of the "celebrities" during this case. It truly gives us all another insight by vicariously joining in on the behind-the-scenes stuff. And photos are always helpful as well!

Congrats, KCL, on the Ricki Lake adventure, as well as the weekend caper with TA's sister, and all the courtroom experiences and dinners and drinks. You have quickly risen to the top as a humble celebrity in your own right.

:rocker:

OMG your graphic at the bottom there...:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

What kind of updates on Juan Martinez? I don't see him on the weekends (usually). lol kidding.

I may take to stalking the Aloha Kitchen as I hear he frequents it but I haven't started that behavior yet. ;)

Poor Juan--he must have so many groupies! He's just so cool, I can't help but crush on him. He's Hispanic, sharp as a tack, and good looking and he's a master in the courtroom...OK, enough cyber-pscyho-stalking!! :angel:

I will be in the Queens Creek from 3/27-4/3. What courthouse is this at? I want to see how far it is from where I am staying and try to make it over. I see there are several locations for Maricopa County, but I knew you would all know, thanks!!!!!

Maricopa County Superior Court
201 West Jefferson Street
Phoenix, Az

5th floor of the south tower

I will be in the Queens Creek from 3/27-4/3. What courthouse is this at? I want to see how far it is from where I am staying and try to make it over. I see there are several locations for Maricopa County, but I knew you would all know, thanks!!!!!

Queen creek is pretty Far East but there are courtroom attendees who come that far. Depending on traffic I'd guess average 45 min?

I hope you don't mind me throwing out some questions to you.

Does Jodi's voice sound a lot different in the courtroom compared to the live stream/video? The reason I ask is that her voice sounds so different from the sex tapes played in the courtroom and the other recordings I've heard and watched (48 Hours and other TV interviews and her interrogations with Detective Flores).

Do people think that Jodi is medicated right now? I heard from the "experts" on TV that this is a common practice.

It's louder on tv and you hear that annoying Sharp consonant sound at the end of all her words.,,that drives me absolutely nuts. Like all good chameleon like sociopaths she shifts her sound, demeanor , look etc and its all just wrong.

I asked Janine if she thought she was medicated and she said no..also asked someone else in the know I can't remember who also said didnt think so. I think she wants to be in full control. Will be interesting to see if she's been treated medically for her various anxiety disorders she doesn't have.

Janine Driver talked about how "normal" it seemed in person because Nurmi is so huge and Juan is so tiny. Their voices kind of offset their sizes according to her, if I'm paraphrasing that properly.

A different question about live vs on TV.... Once you notice it, Nurmi's habit of clanking down his pen on the podium after every freaking question is like water torture on TV. But I'm guessing that's because it's right by the mike and that in court you don't even notice it. Am I correct, or do you hear that too?

Jose Baez used to click his pen constantly! Linda. Drane burdick! Asked him to please stop ! He did it more intensely to annoy the prosecution.

I had first seen her just a couple of months ago on Anderson Cooper's or Jeff Probst's talk shows, and she has a good personality for TV. I believe I've seen Dr. Glass as well, but she obviously was not as memorable to me.

Just as "psychics", palm readers & tarot card readers, if you see just one, they might seem impressive at first -- but when you see more than one within a short period of time, people start distinguishing that one is better than another.

It seems that what they all have in common is that they interpret certain signs to make their determination. Reading body language is not a "science" per se, but an interpretation of behavior patterns. Just as polygraphs, they can be "fooled" by a worthy liar or someone who is "hyper-vigilant" (to use one of Dr. Drew's buzzwords).

It is nice to see some of the WS members making personal connections with each other and with some of the "celebrities" during this case. It truly gives us all another insight by vicariously joining in on the behind-the-scenes stuff. And photos are always helpful as well!

Congrats, KCL, on the Ricki Lake adventure, as well as the weekend caper with TA's sister, and all the courtroom experiences and dinners and drinks. You have quickly risen to the top as a humble celebrity in your own right.

:rocker:

Hey KCL or Pasa?
Have y'all connected with nancy grace while she's in town?

I haven't been here much this weekend but just jumping in with my thoughts regarding some of these posts re: the jury.

I was a juror in a murder trial. I have full faith in these folks. When I had that duty, I felt so much responsibility and a strong sense of patriotism. No doubt those jurors are doing their jobs and they will see, as I did during my jury time, that the defense is full of crap.

The prosecution is RIGHT ON here. JM is beyond amazing.

Yes, we have had stupid juries. But the odds of that happening again are slim to none. I truly believe that 98% of the time, there is true justice. And I pray for that here.

Okay, let's see if I can "unscramble my brain" long enough to itinerize (I made that one up for Jodi) tomorrow's courtroom observer line-up. We have Janine Driver back in town, KCL and PASA as well as GobBluth in on vacation. And, of course, KDDJ and a guest juror for Dr. Drew.

Does this sound right?

Yes, that is right. Also another gal who is in the process of joining WS should be in attendance. She sits on the family side also.

That is what I have heard and being a transplanted AZ girl, (I now live here), I don't see the jury being turned off by him.

I am really sick right now, (I have pneumonia), but I want SOOO bad to come to the trial just ONE DAY! Maybe I can come when JM does his rebuttal. I won't try for the morning but the after noon session that way I can get there way early so I can hopefully get in. My family is going to think I am nuts but I am too close to this case because my BFF was murdered much like Travis, (about the same # of stab wounds, her throat slit, her baby daughter had a towel shoved down her throat and had a cold at the time, and her older "daughter" (she was in the process of adopting her deceased roomates daughter) had her throat slashed and barely lived. She saved her life and the babies life by calling 911. I was pregnant at the time and couldn't go to the trial. I am so attached to this case, and have been since the beginning because I feel a kinship to a degree with the Alexander's.

Anyway, I am running this off topic and I apologize. Thank you KCL and Pasa for all the work, time, effort and love you put into your posts.

I hope you're better soon and can come downtown and sit in on the trial with us.
I'm sorry about your BFF, so very sad. :(

I haven't heard the pen clanking by Nurmi. I will pay close attention if he's up when I'm there.

I remember Janine saying that about Nurmi and Juan. I didn't notice it so much as their size, to me Juan doesn't seem that agressive inside the courtroom.
She's a nut-job and he's trying to bring the side of her that she doesn't want revealed. I think the jury saw some of her bad side during cross. MOO

It's Queen Creek, not Queens. The courthouse in question is in downtown Phoenix. Queen Creek is way east of the Phoenix downtown area, about 44 miles. But there are easily driven freeways to take you there. Just make sure to give yourself about 50 minutes to drive it and there is a parking garage across from the courthouse. Morning rush hours happen between 6 to 8:30 every weekday morning where the majority of the traffic travels from east to Phoenix. Good luck.

Finally getting a chance to finish up my notes from last Thursday. I couldn't tear myself away from Katie's awesome thread to finish. That, and I had real life stuff I had to do.
So....

Meanwhile back at the courthouse........

Afternoon break. There's a line in the bathroom as always during break.
i see "P" a friend of the family out in the hall, I get a hug and hello. Was nice to see her
at trial today, she's a kind soul.
As we go back inside we're reminded to have our electronics powered off. I'm surprised how many ignore this rule.
RS back up, babbling on about PTSD I write Poor Travis She Devil. Keepin' it real.

ja isn't suffereing from PTSD that I can see after reading the not so good doctor's list of
symptoms he uses to test for the disorder.
Another hired gun who will say anything to fit which ever side he is representing.

Denial, can't deal with what she has done. Gallery not buying it, I notice a number of people shaking their heads. Reliving, I'm sure she is. She was obsessed and can no longer control him, call, slash tires, stalk, crawl in doggie door, and on it goes.

She was always "blunted" and unable to love. She's a psychpath.
After hearing him go on about all his credentials and accomplishments for half an hour he doesn't seem to be very smart.

The jury is attentive, but not buying the BS. Probably a welcome witness after having ja on the stand with Nurmi doing the questioning.
Not sure what RS said but I wrote "Oh h*ll Samuels, she slept like a baby". I'm guessing he is saying she couldn't sleep after the crime.. GMAB.. :)
He goes on to say she doesn't sleep well in jail. I hear quiet laughter behind me.

RS is rambling on about PTSD, ja, and an article. He can't write this himself, has to do research?? WTH, I am not impressed, at all. I doubt the jury is either.

ja's mom taking notes. I got moved after break so a couple could sit together, and have a different view.

Oh yeah, she was so affected by what she'd done she went out and bought a 9mm and planned to go on a gold panning campout with several men... uhhhh huh, yeah, sure. :)

Mike (court reporter) can't keep up with his fast talking... slow down Samuels..

Have a better view of ponytail (juror). I notice she picks at her fingernails/cuticles off and on. Willie leaning forward, Maureen? (next to Ponytail) hand on mouth, but she is in the navel intelligence pose. She listens with interest, but I don't think she's buying the testimony as it pertains to ja.

End of Session.

I walk out with some of the family friends. They're headed out for HH, and ask if I want to come along. I thank them for their kind offer, but I'm beat and decide to go home.

All in all it wasn't an exciting day in court in regards to bombshells, .etc. But, every day we're getting closer to justice for Travis, the reason we're all here.

Until next time, happy trails!

what's jacked about Nurmi behaving way is JA is making him a VERY WEALTHY MAN at OUR EXPENSE!!! He gets $250/hr to represent her think of all the court time plus research over 4 yrs... As a T taxpayer I'M LIVID! of course JMHO

As an Arizona taxpayer I don't feel I'm getting my $$ worth with him and would like a refund. :)

She sure was animated! In court THURSDAY! While questioning! Jack the quack!

I couldn't see her but I sure could hear her. :) I may ask for some of those headphones and not plug them in if she's questioning RS tomorrow. :)

Hey KCL or Pasa?
Have y'all connected with nancy grace while she's in town?

I passed a thank you note to her but didn't see her as I didn't have time to wait that day. Hopefully she'll be back! Would love to give her a hug and see her in person and look in her eyes and say thank you personally.

[video=youtube;qOFzQHQv7Cw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOFzQHQv7Cw[/video]

idk if some one posted but i just found the opening statements on video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members