a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol You DO deserve a big turkey dinner for all you do! :seeya:

A turkey dinner to me is a communal thing...wouldn't it be awesome to all meet and share something like that? It's also comfort zone food.

Listen those of us attending the trial are finding appropriate attire that fits ;), heading down there, parking in a $5 lot daily, hoofing it up to the courtroom often in heels that we never usually wear, taking time off from work or other duties like my various Matterhorns of clean AND dirty laundry not to dishes and not to mention my business (MY income) , having to endure the likes of Kirk Nurmi and his Nurmambic Pentameter, buying our lunch or in the case of Pasa and Katie DJJ missing lunch altogether to hold a seat, hold straight faces in a court where we want to stand up and SCREAM, observe everything we can going on while taking quick notes vs just sitting there quietly observing, coming home to take as much time as it takes to review and post them, then wash rinse repeat and start all over again. And of course juggling all this with a real life which in my case means a brother in the hospital.

And I think someone having to hunt and peck a few pages looking for our court observations, in comparison, is a fair trade. So for that, I'm not going any further with my codependence trying to make everyone happy all the time and if someone wants another way for these to be delivered, they can ask for it. As far as i'm concerned the observations are also TO provoke conversation on them.

So talk away....I have the day off and a laptop on my lap and coffee next to me and Martinez on my Tv so....it's fair game. Discuss away....:seeya:

If the Dr said that JA told him TA was cutting the rope off of her on June 4th, wouldn't that put the knife in the bedroom and not the bathroom?

I'm gonna see if it's possible to get a thread that's courtroom observations WITH discussion and one that is exclusively the observations extracted there (you may have to wait to get them over there by the mods but it would concentrate it to just that).

And just as my opinion, when you are getting something at no expense that a person like me, PASA, etc. are doing at our own expense and have no obligation whatsoever to take a note much less share it during our own time off, people might reconsider just what there is to "complain" about. And what is even owed. I know there have been court observers that have said to me "I don't even want to share my notes" because snotty remarks have been made about the timely manner or way they've been shared.

just keepin it real.

Thank you again KCL, PASA everybody...for all you SHARE with us!! We love you guys!
We are blessed to have you all give up your PERSONAL time to ALLOW us to have an
inside view into courtroom.

I can't say I'm feeling any sympathy for Jodi's family! Until I learn the background story from a reliable journalist as to their family dynamics, the only opinion I have thus formed, is that I find her mother and aunt to be as emotionless as she is. Especially telling is the aunt's constant smirk, considering the real bloodbath her niece is accused of causing.

Sorry, I have to agree! I've been a victim advocate and I would not sit still if any of defendant's family was laughing inappropriately. It just always smacked me as a type of defiance and immaturity. And, it HURT the victim's family to no end to see that behavior. Now, if they want to go to the bathroom, or outside the court room or any where else for that matter and giggle hysterically, that's fine. No control there. But, in a court of law that is supposed to be a safe place and respected decorum, not appropriate. But, again, as a victim advocate, I would always go off of what the family wanted and defend them feverishly! They were my major priority.

As for down times, I must admit, I've never seen so many side bars and it's quite obvious that during these long times, everybody is de-stressing some. I have not seen, however, the victim's family being able to de-stress. But, if they don't mind other's doing it, I wouldn't complain. The defdendant's family, to me, while court is going on, eye ball rolling, giggling, whispering and smiling is just not cool! It's so obvious to me on the stream what they're doing. Maybe in the room it's totally different!

As to her being a human being, I get that too! I know she has feelings and obviously cares for her daughter or she wouldn't be there. The human wreckage from this crime is obvious on BOTH sides. So, I do get she's not a demon or inhuman. So, I don't despise her or wish her ill. I DO wish she would just be more respectful of the victim's family (same for Aunt).

If it was me, as a Mother, I'm telling you, I would drop down on my knees (and I'm NOT kidding) and beg their forgiveness if I had anything to do with it (sorry tears running down my eyes). I'm just so hurt for this family and if someone I knew had anything to do with it, I'd be asking what in the world I could do to heal any and all pain!

Sorry, just my two cents, and that's all it's worth. I love reading other's comments and don't see them as wrong. Takes a village..And to me, it not only takes one to raise a child, but it also takes a village to create a monster, support it and allow it to be - IF we don't stop it.

Sparrow Ivy

BBM: Katie - be careful. I feel certain some from the "other" side read here and probably are on the lookout for giggles, etc. I would bet my last dollar they would love nothing more than to have you NOT be able to report to us.

I'm only really giggling on the breaks. And if they are reading my notes i suspect they want to keep them coming as it gives THEM information in order to base it on. But we were admonished to be more careful about our demeanor so we are/will be.

A turkey dinner to me is a communal thing...wouldn't it be awesome to all meet and share something like that? It's also comfort zone food.

Listen those of us attending the trial are finding appropriate attire that fits ;), heading down there, parking in a $5 lot daily, hoofing it up to the courtroom often in heels that we never usually wear, taking time off from work or other duties like my various Matterhorns of clean AND dirty laundry not to dishes and not to mention my business (MY income) , having to endure the likes of Kirk Nurmi and his Nurmambic Pentameter, buying our lunch or in the case of Pasa and Katie DJJ missing lunch altogether to hold a seat, hold straight faces in a court where we want to stand up and SCREAM, observe everything we can going on while taking quick notes vs just sitting there quietly observing, coming home to take as much time as it takes to review and post them, then wash rinse repeat and start all over again. And of course juggling all this with a real life which in my case means a brother in the hospital.

And I think someone having to hunt and peck a few pages looking for our court observations, in comparison, is a fair trade. So for that, I'm not going any further with my codependence trying to make everyone happy all the time and if someone wants another way for these to be delivered, they can ask for it. As far as i'm concerned the observations are also TO provoke conversation on them.

So talk away....I have the day off and a laptop on my lap and coffee next to me and Martinez on my Tv so....it's fair game. Discuss away....:seeya:
Yay yay yay!!! Wooo-hooo! Brava, brava!!! Perfection in a post, plain & simple.. :)
And if I could haul a big 'ole roasted turkey, homemade trimmings & endless bottles of wine to AZ for a LONG leisurely dinner with everyone here ~ I'd do it in a heartbeat! :)

Hi Katie!!! Thanks so much. You and ALL the observers are awesome. Seriously awesome. :hug: :hug: :hug:

p.s. I used to hate cranberry sauce in my younger years and suddenly, last turkey day I kinda liked it. Weird.

Yay yay yay!!! Wooo-hooo! Brava, brava!!! Perfection in a post, plain & simple.. :)
And if I could haul a big 'ole roasted turkey, homemade trimmings & endless bottles of wine to AZ for a LONG leisurely dinner with everyone here ~ I'd do it in a heartbeat! :)

:seeya: this is me raising my hand for champagne. Just sayin.

And since I'm wishin' ~ dinner will be served at the HUGE beautiful sunny 10 bedroom / 10 bathroom fully furnished house we just secured for the duration of this trial for Travis' precious family. Enough seats at the table for all... sigh..That'd be nice..

KCL, you mentioned that you thought it was interesting that JM left the definition of "compassion" up on the screen for a long time, even after that discussion with RS passed. I noticed that, too, and I am wondering if that was meant to remind the JURORS not to be sucked in by the defendant's stories. A not-so-subliminal message to any of the 16 who might be feeling a little "sympathy for the devil." A BRILLIANT TACTIC!

Funny you should reference that song, considering this:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2007-04-26/news/sympathy-for-the-devil/

I just want to say Katie that you are wonderful and so appreciated here; there are always people who find the need to complain. please know that 99.999 percent of the people here love, admire and appreciate your efforts. I couldn't do it because if i had to listen to that twit Samuels for more than five minutes they would have to pull me out of the courtroom in posey jacket, screaming nasty things. Take care and be well.

This defines why I take notes. ;)

If the Dr said that JA told him TA was cutting the rope off of her on June 4th, wouldn't that put the knife in the bedroom and not the bathroom?
And JM knew that when he had Jodi on cross he kept asking and asking about the knife cutting the rope off her wrists and she kept saying no she just slipped her wrists out of the KNOOOOSES LOL Nothing gets past JM it seems. Wonder if some of her Doc's answers are what caused the wrong finger to cup her chin a few times. This is hilarious. She never stopped lying or telling different stories ever it seems.

I've been on the WS boards for a long time. It's not uncommon that the mods will try to get everyone back on track...that's just a fact of life here...or at least on other forums I've frequented. If someone thinks a thread is getting derailed, perhaps they can just notify a mod. Everyone appreciates everyone here. It's one big lovefest. :)

I'm only really giggling on the breaks. And if they are reading my notes i suspect they want to keep them coming as it gives THEM information in order to base it on. But we were admonished to be more careful about our demeanor so we are/will be.

I gotta tell ya, yesterday (for the first time) I had an OMG moment watching the 3 sitting behind JA's mom & aunt. They were out of control; acting like they're at a party or a bar's happy hour. Even the pool camera guy seemed interested, kept going back to them..Still not sure if it was one of them who were ousted. It was a dark haired lady & a blond laughing, & talking very loudly..yikes.

I gotta tell ya, yesterday (for the first time) I had an OMG moment watching the 3 sitting behind JA's mom & aunt. They were out of control; acting like they're at a party or a bar's happy hour. Even the pool camera guy seemed interested, kept going back to them..Still not sure if it was one of them who were ousted. It was a dark haired lady & a blond laughing, & talking very loudly..yikes.

I saw that too on my TV later when I got home. I'd never seen those ladies before. Were they the ones who got booted? I was completely out of the loop on that deal. I was probably talking to Jake.

I saw that too on my TV later when I got home. I'd never seen those ladies before. Were they the ones who got booted? I was completely out of the loop on that deal. I was probably talking to Jake.

IDK, but it sure seemed peculiar to the camera guy ~ no scanning gallery, he stayed fixed on them...which to me means it was something to focus on.. people can be so rude it seems.. some folks have NO IDEA how to behave in public, or just don't care anymore.. Def one of my pet peeves..

I had someone grab me with a knife in his hand when I was much younger. I fought like a crazy person. Screamed so loud I could hear it echoing off the college campus buildings. Managed to make it to my car and slammed his arm in the door. He ran to his car, started it up and peeled out of the parking lot. I CHASED HIM IN MY CAR. I was so mad I was going to kill HIM. To this day, I still remember those feelings. I was 10 feet tall and bullet proof. The detectives wanted to take me home, but I insisted on driving home myself with them following me. I knew my parents would have a heart attack if police detectives brought me home.....

I went into fight mode in a blink of an eye.

See? Did you find his "everyone goes in to flight first" comment also a bunch of *&#$?

I've been on the WS boards for a long time. It's not uncommon that the mods will try to get everyone back on track...that's just a fact of life here...or at least on other forums I've frequented. If someone thinks a thread is getting derailed, perhaps they can just notify a mod. Everyone appreciates everyone here. It's one big lovefest. :)

I'm not quite sure what the "track" is here. lol Hey it's a full moon, people are cranky and loopy. "People" of course refers to myself.

I know I laugh when I get nervous. I could never tell a lie growing up because I would bust out laughing before I told it and my Mom would know. As far as the #1 Mom, maybe one of her other kids thought she deserved it for sitting there everyday knowing what her child did. I am not denying the fact that I think it is very disrespectful for her and her sister to behave in the way they have sometimes. However, it must be hard to sit in court, hearing every detail of her child's sex life, stalker behavior, and the brutal murder of an innocent man.

A question to KCL or attorneys on the board:
If premeditation can be formed in an instant right before the murder and saying that JA's story of the gunshot was first(which I do not think it was), couldn't it go from self defense with the gunshot to premeditation to finish him off with the knife? I hope this makes sense.

For that to work:

1. There would have had to have been some need for deadly force against Travis BEFORE the gunshot. I guess even Jodi agrees there was no need for deadly force, because she says she had no intention of shooting him and thought the gun was unloaded.

2. The gunshot would have to have been something from which Travis could have been saved by, e.g., Jodi calling 911. In other words, it would have to not kill him.

3. The deadly threat from Travis would have to have been over after the gunshot (well, that's the easy one).

4. Jodi would have to have decided, you know what, I'm not gonna call 911 to save this creep--I'm gonna stab him to death instead.

Then, yes, she could have acted in self-defense at first and with the premeditated intent to kill later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010