a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be snarky, but all you have to do is click on Katiecoolady's name and find all posts by her. you can then read them one after the other. I do that a lot when I am short on time.
Not trying to be snarky either but I don't see the problem with the courtroom thread being about the courtroom and the OT threads being about OT. There are already two threads: The Long Weekend and The Sidebar.

I am very appreciative of the courtroom observers and all they do. I like to read all of their posts as time allows. Apparently, making comment about something regular posters could control is coming off as criticism of the court observers and that is not what I was commenting about or my intent. This isn't about the court observers. They are doing a great and appreciated service. It's about the OT being thrown into the thread.

KCL, thank you for your effort to get a dedicated thread and your dedication to this cause and this family.

Do you remember when he was writing something in his notes on redirect and Juan busted him? He was in front of god and everybody on the witness stand doing that. How could we expect him not to change his answers to be more favorable as soon as he's out of sight?

And at the end of the day he wanted his "exhibit" back to "study" over the weekend. Study? or alter?

Not trying to be snarky either but I don't see the problem with the courtroom thread being about the courtroom and the OT threads being about OT. There are already two threads: The Long Weekend and The Sidebar.

I am very appreciative of the courtroom observers and all they do. I like to read all of their posts as time allows. Apparently, making comment about something regular posters could control is coming off as criticism of the court observers and that is not what I was commenting about or my intent. This isn't about the court observers. They are doing a great and appreciated service. It's about the OT being thrown into the thread.

KCL, thank you for your effort to get a dedicated thread and your dedication to this cause and this family.

Now it's getting to the point where the discussion about the OT nature of this thread is becoming it's own OT discussion. lol It's like an MC Escher etching where reality just keeps reflecting in on itself. AndI just did it myself.

I think pretty much all the posts today are close to on topic to the observations with the exception of a turkey dinner thrown in. :moo:

Isn't it the hippocampus? I'm all confused now....lol
No, you're just not a gutter dwelling freak like me..:blushing: Never mind! That icon of a big fat hippo butt someone posted yesterday immediately made me think of 'hippocampus' (and giggle a little) and 'her's' being 'flooded'.....i was bein' a nasty girl...but i'm done now.. :)

:facepalm: He'd prolly say that PTSD caused me to turn to the sauce...........

I'll bet he would, too ! Seriously now, in watching Dr. Samuels, there is something off with this guy. I felt like time warp back to the 70's....and he is of the last century. His false superiority was unbelievable. Only he has the advanced knowledge to interpret raw data, etc. etc. Pffffft. What an insult to the jury.

Whatever people think of how Judge Stephens is running the courtroom, she is working like a dog. Go to Maricopa county superior court site and look up her schedule. She has hearings in the same room right up until JA's case starts. Everything she does in the courtroom requires background work--judges don't just come in without any prep. Another thing about the schedule--this trial has had trial dates beginning in 2010, that for various reasons (mostly defense, but some from the state). Other trials can't be held up waiting for this trial to start. Martinez even asked at various times to move the trial because of scheduling conflicts. I am guessing that Maricopa County is as financial stressed as any other municipality in the country. They can only work with what they have.

I have gotten there early and watched other trials going on in the courtroom before this trial starts. it's very disorienting. I was thinking "wait a minute, she's OUR Judge!". To even see other lawyers up there is disorienting! That courtroom gets a lot of action. I was shocked one day to hear a conflict involving Martinez and another case? Are you kidding me? He's got another case right now? How is THAT possible?

Hey, KLC, could you share that recipe? (send it PM so I won't clutter up this thread. :floorlaugh:) I make terrible cranberry sauce. I finally gave up trying (per family's request :blushing:)

Do we have a recipe thread here?:great:

And at the end of the day he wanted his "exhibit" back to "study" over the weekend. Study? or alter?

I really didn't understand this. Why on Earth would he need to study his own notes? :banghead:

I don't know why, but for some reason I want Poquito to end up being a therapist or something with a photographic memory. I think that would be awesome. :rocker:

I'll bet he would, too ! Seriously now, in watching Dr. Samuels, there is something off with this guy. I felt like time warp back to the 70's....and he is of the last century. His false superiority was unbelievable. Only he has the advanced knowledge to interpret raw data, etc. etc. Pffffft. What an insult to the jury.

That was my exact impression. JM will continue to make mincemeat of him on Monday. Speaking of...I'm pretty sure I just made the Thanksgiving dinner on topic. :D

626-116_modern_mincemeat_300.jpg

Exactly..and the things she "remembers" are so convenient like Travis "threatening her life" and washing blood off her hands and disposing of things in a dumpster. Yet we know she did TONS of other complicated tasks such as deleting photos from an unknown to her camera, run a load of laundry, retrieve and pack up a non existent rope, pack up her car in such a way it was not COVERED in blood as she must have been. She was quite organized in fact. And yet he claims all someone can do during that "amnesia" are just instinctual life saving tasks. Last I checked, deleting photos from a camera isn't "life saving".

I think JM will discredit all of these things on his next cross. I imagine Alyce La Violette showing up in court in a suit of armor at this point.

To walk out of that blood covered bathroom without tracking all through the bedroom speaks volumes, IMO. It was well planned. She knew exactly what she was doing. The execution of her plan may not have been quite what she expected.

I really didn't understand this. Why on Earth would he need to study his own notes? :banghead:

I don't know why, but for some reason I want Poquito to end up being a therapist or something with a photographic memory. I think that would be awesome. :rocker:

Now that would be awesome. And the exhibits Samuels wanted were like "raw data" of his tests or something. He just wants to see where else he's made errors he needs to dig himself out of or make excuses for...or find a way to blame "the prosecutor" for.

To walk out of that blood covered bathroom without tracking all through the bedroom speaks volumes, IMO. It was well planned. She knew exactly what she was doing. The execution of her plan may not have been quite what she expected.

I want to yell at the TV and tell them Your question wasn't worded exactly right you needed to ask if you can get PTSD if you plan a murder and it doesn't go as planned!

Now that would be awesome. And the exhibits Samuels wanted were like "raw data" of his tests or something. He just wants to see where else he's made errors he needs to dig himself out of or make excuses for...or find a way to blame "the prosecutor" for.

I think he can "study" all he wants. They won't give him the exhibits. He can only get a copy right? So too late to fix that mistake.

I saw this just the one time as most of the day I had a poor view of her. No idea...I just don't know. Any guesses? She never almost never looks at her mother though I do know that.

I got the impression she was playing to the camera or cameraman.

I think that's a given in every situation where she and a camera are involved. Including the headstand and hair flip. She DOES change her affect when the jury is not in the courtroom..she's way more animated.

I agree. I think she's trying to appear as if she isn't worried. After all, no jury will convict her.

KCL...did the VA tell that JA and the Mit got in trouble or was it Juan? Just curious if that is why the demeanor seemed different.. and the reason for JA hand gesture too

Katie...Does Wilmott come off as flighty in the courtroom as she does on TV?

Please remember sweet one you do not owe any of us anything. You, your family and your own life needs to come first. Just know if it comes between posting on here and rubbing your precious brother's feet to help him I will always vote for the feet. You cannot be getting any rest at all with the late hours you are posting to us. It is past time for you to prioritize your needs and wants before any of us. We all know why you do what you do and she is smiling down on you sending all her love just as Travis is.

You are a lady that I have never met personally. I have a huge amount of admiration and respect for you and all you do to help others. Hugs and prayers for you always.

I have no doubt that the ribbon removal/behavior lecture is retaliation. Day before yetseray people were tweeting that they called the DAs office about JA's pill and folder. They were also tweeting the court and the sherriff about it. I bet she got questioned about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010