a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that too. She seemed to be looking backwards more, and to the side. She was more, I don't know, is animated the word?

I have noticed her looking back towards the gallery more lately. But I don't see her looking at anyone. She looks more above the gallery since we are sitting and she is standing.
IMHO she is very creepy.

I'm pretty sure the judge said that when she told the jury about the upcoming schedule. I took notes about what she said, but I wrote it on the back of a kitchen perspective and now I can't find it. Lol

Did anyone else hear the judge say that?

I saw the court schedule on here somewhere and it said no court April 1st

So did I. But I thought she deposited cash?

Maybe I know there was some chatter about depositing check from business acct to personal acct then the post I replied to was talking about all the checks floating around soooooooo I was "speculating" :floorlaugh: JMSO

I saw this just the one time as most of the day I had a poor view of her. No idea...I just don't know. Any guesses? She never almost never looks at her mother though I do know that.

I see her watch the jury and at times slightly smiles at them *on the feed*, but in the courtroom I can see the jury and they don't look at her. So she's smiling into space.
If it's while someone is on the stand, then I don't know who she could be looking at, but will look for it next week.

I really hope so. And I was literally sitting with her the moment she was "discovered". I think she's a natural and I trust her (she's smart as a whip and everyone that meets her notices how genuinely nice she is). She's gonna land somewhere...maybe on a show with Beth karas now that I think of it.

Oprah? Are you reading here? :seeya:

She is very nice in person, and even prettier than on camera.

She's a heck of a lot better than some of the sorry cough *nicole crites* local newscasters we have here locally.

A turkey dinner to me is a communal thing...wouldn't it be awesome to all meet and share something like that? It's also comfort zone food.

Listen those of us attending the trial are finding appropriate attire that fits ;), heading down there, parking in a $5 lot daily, hoofing it up to the courtroom often in heels that we never usually wear, taking time off from work or other duties like my various Matterhorns of clean AND dirty laundry not to dishes and not to mention my business (MY income) , having to endure the likes of Kirk Nurmi and his Nurmambic Pentameter, buying our lunch or in the case of Pasa and Katie DJJ missing lunch altogether to hold a seat, hold straight faces in a court where we want to stand up and SCREAM, observe everything we can going on while taking quick notes vs just sitting there quietly observing, coming home to take as much time as it takes to review and post them, then wash rinse repeat and start all over again. And of course juggling all this with a real life which in my case means a brother in the hospital.

That pretty much describes my day, add to that a husband and dogs who need some attention. :) And dragging my old tired self home after unwinding at HH. :)

I'm not complaining, I want to do it to support the family. I'm not a , I want to show the court that people care about justice for Travis.
MOO :)

IDK, but it sure seemed peculiar to the camera guy ~ no scanning gallery, he stayed fixed on them...which to me means it was something to focus on.. people can be so rude it seems.. some folks have NO IDEA how to behave in public, or just don't care anymore.. Def one of my pet peeves..

Here's another tidbit. We were told to take our bottles etc with us. Apparently people are leaving behind drink containers in the courtroom and someone has to cleanup after them. I thought WTH?? I always take out whatever I bring in. People are so rude and thoughtless.
People leave their phones on vibrate after being told to power them "off". I told a lady in the hall (she wanted me to give her the run-down) that all electronics have to be powered off. She said she would put it on vibrate. I told her they want them turned off and I was there one day when a guy was expelled because of his phone.
They just don't get it. Why is it so hard to power off a phone and/or iPad??

I'm not quite sure what the "track" is here. lol Hey it's a full moon, people are cranky and loopy. "People" of course refers to myself.

BBM:

Raising my hand. :)

From what I've seen out and about the past couple of days, the full moon is upon us. I'm always worse just before the full moon. Once it's full I stop howling and my fangs go back to normal. :)

I want to jump on this band wagon and give BIG OLD WHOOP *advertiser censored* shout outs to Katie (the Cool One) and (Ms. Pasa) and all others who take HOURS of their personal time to just inform US! Wow! What an amazingly generous, loving and giving women these are and I for one am sooo eternally grateful! When I got the permission to report, with stipulations, I take em and send em to those who I know care or ask. I always give credit back to these wonderful people.

I don't think you Ladies know how very much it means to THOUSANDS of us who read them! You don't get near enough credit. So, as you say, "Keeping it real," - Show some respect!

Sparrow Ivy

Aww thanks! I have been a slacker lately. Hubby took a few days off so we've been doing some day trips and catching up around here. I'll be back at trial next week. :)

KCL is a rock star, she does so much for others. I'm truly honored to know her and have her in my life.

Whatever people think of how Judge Stephens is running the courtroom, she is working like a dog. Go to Maricopa county superior court site and look up her schedule. She has hearings in the same room right up until JA's case starts. Everything she does in the courtroom requires background work--judges don't just come in without any prep. Another thing about the schedule--this trial has had trial dates beginning in 2010, that for various reasons (mostly defense, but some from the state). Other trials can't be held up waiting for this trial to start. Martinez even asked at various times to move the trial because of scheduling conflicts. I am guessing that Maricopa County is as financial stressed as any other municipality in the country. They can only work with what they have.

Thank you for saying that. I've also seen her go over issues with counsel while everyone else goes to lunch, break, or home for the evening.

The county is financially stressed and we have a lot of defendants to prosecute.

I'm seriously considering going to Juan's next trial. The victim was an police officer who was shot on a routine traffic stop by some tweaker.
The officer was only 24.

Here's another tidbit. We were told to take our bottles etc with us. Apparently people are leaving behind drink containers in the courtroom and someone has to cleanup after them. I thought WTH?? I always take out whatever I bring in. People are so rude and thoughtless.
People leave their phones on vibrate after being told to power them "off". I told a lady in the hall (she wanted me to give her the run-down) that all electronics have to be powered off. She said she would put it on vibrate. I told her they want them turned off and I was there one day when a guy was expelled because of his phone.
They just don't get it. Why is it so hard to power off a phone and/or iPad??

:seeya: Thanks for the updates !

JMO, but sometimes when the camera flashes through the gallery -- the side JA's family sits on -- it looks like some of those spectators are having a "party" !

I can't remember which day it was -- the day the woman vomited in the courtroom -- earlier that day, I remember seeing one spectator drinking out a "liter size" soft drink bottle and the camera caught the big gulp and all ... I was like WTH ?

Again, appreciate all the updates from the court observers ... I like hearing the "inside scoop" !

:great:

Thanks for posting this :) Do you know if it's okay for us to borrow the ribbons I've seen there ( with different country flags) and use it here and/ or anywhere out of the FB page? TIA

You are welcome to use either of these I made. A News Junkie also made one with an elephant in place of the pearls and rhinestones.

14x1fk2.jpg

25u7jww.jpg

I found a news piece about Juan Martinez & his huge popularity. It shows him posing for pictures outside the court building & walking back to his office.

He's so nice!

http://bcove.me/u34jwenl

Yikes, I saw myself coming out of the courthouse. LOL! That's the same time I got the pic of Katie DDJ and Juan on the courthouse steps. Posted in this thread.

Thanks for the link.

I have been reading WS for a few weeks now and I first would like to say to KCL, Pasa, nursebee and the others, I really appreciate the time, effort, money, and emotional toll you take on to keep us informed. Special healing energy and thoughts to you and yours.
You are an amazing insightful group. I find it amazing the support you all give to the many people on this site and through your works. Especially to the Alexander family.
I just wanted to thank you all for simply being you.:rocker:

Thank you! There are some really wonderful people here.
Welcome!

:wagon::welcome6:

:seeya: Thanks for the updates !

JMO, but sometimes when the camera flashes through the gallery -- the side JA's family sits on -- it looks like some of those spectators are having a "party" !

I can't remember which day it was -- the day the woman vomited in the courtroom -- earlier that day, I remember seeing one spectator drinking out a "liter size" soft drink bottle and the camera caught the big gulp and all ... I was like WTH ?

Again, appreciate all the updates from the court observers ... I like hearing the "inside scoop" !

:great:

I know what you mean. Some of them act like it's a party, but they are generally in the minority. Still, just one can make the rest look bad. I've seen some take soda into the courtroom. As long as it has a top (closed container), it seems to be ok. I take water and do drink a lot of it. I don't know why but I get very thirsty in the courtroom. I've see ja's aunt drink from a water bottle and she has very shaky hands. Like she is ill or ???
I also take cough drops and gum with me.

The issue was people leaving empty bottles in the courtroom instead of taking them out into the hall and putting them in the trash.

I wasn't there the day the lady got sick. I understand she seemed fine a few minutes before and it came on very suddenly.
What a terrible thing to have happen. I feel bad for her.

YW, I'm happy to post notes when I can.

I'm pretty sure the judge said that when she told the jury about the upcoming schedule. I took notes about what she said, but I wrote it on the back of a kitchen perspective and now I can't find it. Lol

Did anyone else hear the judge say that?

Yes Monday 1st no trial.

Stories told to him--emphasis STORIES.

On to lunch break--Wrestler thumbs and pinkies out of his pockets (that just speaks to a Janine Driver observation).

After lunch.............

This Dr. defines the term "psychobabble".

Poquito Mas studying his feet,sunglasses on his head.

No note taking in this juror segment.

(sidebar! Hey! Just saw KatieDDJ on HLN this morning...awesome! She has her finger on the pulse of this jury/case...she's awesome and so smart)

Other people have their own jury nicknames which is kinda funny while we are discussing observations. Tri color is "two tone" for example. The Wrestler is the "coach". Our CPA is "engineer". ha!

Nancy, CEO, note taking re: filling out forms himself.

Lots of questions on the fictitious intruder story.

He is too busy convincing vs. conveying. Again he protests too much.

Close a place to run through vs. be trapped then how about her saying she went in there to grab that "gun"?

So much excuse making for this demon. He stumbles and fumbles over his attempts to seamlessly excuse this monster.

BOMBSHELL question on next page.............(teaser)

Very good observation! Your time with Janine is well spent! Gosh I hope this jury sees him as the liar he is too.

MY BOMBSHELL OF THE DAY!!!

When asked if JA was having these "physiologic reactions to stress" (the shaking like a chihuahua and hands sweating he's talked about) PRIOR to the murder, he answers "highly unlikely".

Do you realize what he just did?

He just INVALIDATED the next expert who's entire job is to explain why she reacted with such OVER reaction is because she was a "battered woman" and she will try and sell how she'd been having this build up of trauma/anxiety/chihuaha shaking etc. up to the murder. HE JUST INVALIDATED that with that one answer. She tried to mitigate that damage but he sure did say it.

I can't wait for Juan to point that out :please: i hope he caught it.

Since my hope is that the jury will disregard his testimony as biased and his diagnoses as suspect since test wasnt properly administered and altered to boot, then his opinion would be moot. I do hope this sets the stage so to speak though, on the credibility of the defense team and their next expert. If I were a juror, I would be listening to the next expert with suspicion and skepticism. I know they are supposed to be impartial and listen to everything with open mind, but when your chain has been yanked so many times, it's natural to "be ready" for the next one. They will be LOOKING for bullcrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenSanDiego314