a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She had trouble yesterday (or the day before?) identifying just how many times she's testified in criminal trials. Which I found strange as a. she admitted it was around 10 and b. she KNEW she'd be asked this very basic question in court. I think I'd know exactly how many criminal trials I'd testified in if I could count them on both hands, which by the way she did. Held up her hands to count them. It was bizarre.

Once again, on her OWN record she comes across not wanting to answer the question directly, not having the exact information literally at her fingertips in this case and evasive cat and mouse game with "the Prosecutor".

I'd say the theme that sums up her entire cross is this:

"Just because you ask me, doesn't mean I have to answer"

Blah, actually you DO Ms LaViolette. YOU are not in control of this house here and now, Mr. Martinez and the Judge is. You'd be smart to step off your high horse and in to some humility today.

But I'm thinking it's too late. Your technique has backfired, you've lost this jury and your reputation in the process.

Was it worth it? Seriously was this WORTH IT TO YOU? For God's sake!

In addition to all the above, I can't understand why she keeps "forgetting" her glasses on the stand? Why does she do that? Since Wendy Murphy said that nothing that happens in the courtroom is by mistake, I'm just wondering what message she is trying to send.:waitasec:

CEO note taking during this sparring re: truthfulness of journal entry.

"I believe the essence of it" WTH???

SHe just has to be oppositional.

HW, Paul R, CEO and WILLIE (!) note taking re: censoring self in journals.

Question about jealousy?

Saying you're jealous is not a negative thing? Oh brother!

Right about here, Julie, Travis friend sitting next to me points to her notes where she wrote "when is jealousy a positive thing?" and literally RIGHT after that JM asked that question. ~~~Twilight Zone moment~~

"Being jealous, incredibly jealous, that's a good thing"

My dear sweet Katie . . . YOU are the best! Do you know how wonderful it is for those of us who are stuck working and cannot attend, cannot watch live and spend every evening trying to catch up? To come here and read your daily summary is such a treat!!

I think I've just about caught up on most of the testimony from yesterday and I had some of the same observations as you. I noticed that the judge seemed to overrule JW more, I thought Juan looked extremely handsome today, I loved how Juan was on a roll with his questioning of Alyce - he's got her number for sure and is not going to let her run over him - I especially loved the "hypothetical" line of questioning - he is brilliant, and I love watching him (I would hate to be on the other end of his cross though!)

Alyce's demeanor reminds me so much of Jodi's - similar body language, similar defiance, similar language - I wonder if the defense and Jodi coached Alyce, or if Alyce coached Jodi? Unfortunately for them, they have run across a tough prosecutor.

Thanks again Katie for your insight and note-taking - you really help fill in the gaps for many of us. Bless you!!!!

Good morning all. Can someone give me an estimate to when ALV told JM she'd put him in a timeout? I missed it yesterday and would love to see it. Thanks.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYVelyVsHvE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYVelyVsHvE[/ame]
Start at 7:00

"So we can hold jealous as a virtue with love..." OMG

Paul R.,CEO writing re: jealousy.

"What do YOU mean by inflicted?"

"Domestic Violence Person" (det flores daughter mouths the word "person" with an incredulous face at me lol)

JA close talking with JW.

"It's typical" Typical of a STALKER!

Paul R very attentive, sitting straight up watching JM.

Headphones passes a question to the basket.

Matt McCartney--JA leans over to JW, close talking.

That's awesome. She really needs to start answering the questions instead of tip-toeing around it.

Poor girl. :facepalm:

"You provided your own answer to the question then" BOOM

CEO , Nancy, writing on this.

Wish we could see the notes on the screen.

He's really learned to cut her off now.

Jodi's pallor is noticeably grey today.

Law of Attraction stuff--nancy writing a question

HW, Nancy , Paul R. CEO , Ponytail all note taking re: fight before Havasupai.

On break met Sean Alexander, TA's friend/roommate and he shows me his crazy argyle socks he's wearing in honor of Travis saying they bought them together. He says Travis had a different pair of socks to match every tie/shirt combo he had. Awwww...a little bit of a glimpse in to his charming personality. He told me, ironically his wife's name is Jodi, same spelling, which would make her name "Jodi Alexander".

I'm wondering about ALV's credentials, and I think that if he wanted, Juan could publically humiliate her on the stand about the points raised on this website by a Ph.D:

"According to her CV, Ms. LaViolette lists four journal articles. Journal articles are typically peer reviewed. Were Ms. LaViolettes’ peer reviewed? Peer reviewed means that usually two to four reviewers, familiar with research in a particular area, carefully evaluate a manuscript, and decide whether or not it is acceptable for publication. Information about the reviewers and the review process, for these articles, could not be obtained. Let’s look at possible reasons why no information could be found."

LINK:

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/

Katie, do you get the sense the jury is buying what ALV is selling? Or are they mosre just concentrating on questions to build-up?

Good Morning Websleuthers! I am new to the forum but have been following all aspects of this case. I just wanted to express my views on JM. I find him to be absolutely BRILLIANT! In regards to Laviolette.. I found an important point that JM made during this cross was that if she rendered an opinion in a first degree murderer case, supporting the defendant was a victim of domestic violence, she knew she would be questioned about it. So lets put on our big girl pants, and if you are firm in your assessment, then answer the questions.

Martinez dismantled this theory, piece by piece, methodically, yesterday and is not even finished yet. I note he is able to do this all without a note in front of him, as he has studied this case front to back and back again. So perhaps his "tone " that is often criticized, comes from a place where he expects these witnesses to be as equally prepared and expects the seriousness of these charges to resonate with them as well. JM is fighting for Travis, and is his voice, and I hope his "tone " resonates loud and clear with this jury, screaming that Jodi Arias planned Travis 's murder, brutally murdered him, did everything in her power to avoid responsibility, now caught, and defamed this man in unspeakable ways in an effort to save her own skin!

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS AND THE ALEXANDER FAMILY! I pray for all envolved each day, and bless all of you who like JM will accept nothing less than complete justice in this case.

Wooohoooooo welcome to WS!

"she had a very difficult time letting go" (duh- that kind of defines a stalker in a way yes or no? lol that was me not jM)

I wonder how she feels about being called "Ma'am".

"that's a pattern of stalking isn't it?" ( I was getting really sleepy and that comment shot me up like a meerkat!)

Lets leave the jury on that stalking note, shall we? YES. Court adjourned on that note YES

After jury dismissed JA becomes her animated self again close talking w/ JW. I find the non verbal behavior when she close talks with Maria very seductive looking and it makes me uncomfortable.

That's it folks! Was just there for the pm and same today. I have some other tasks to do this morning but will be there for the pm session! And all day manana!

:seeya:

In addition to all the above, I can't understand why she keeps "forgetting" her glasses on the stand? Why does she do that? Since Wendy Murphy said that nothing that happens in the courtroom is by mistake, I'm just wondering what message she is trying to send.:waitasec:

I'm old, old-fashioned and forgetful. So please forgive me if I totally got this whole Jodi thing wrong. LOL

Great catch. Also, notice as the Judge is talking to Laviolette she will not even give the judge respect and look at her. What a unusual................!

Doesn't look at the judge as she's speaking, doesn't offer one word of apology, just squares her shoulders as if readying herself for battle.

Doesn't look at the judge as she's speaking, doesn't offer one word of apology, just squares her shoulders as if readying herself for battle.

I'm glad she's behaving this way. None of it is lost on the jury.

"she had a very difficult time letting go" (duh- that kind of defines a stalker in a way yes or no? lol that was me not jM)

I wonder how she feels about being called "Ma'am".

"that's a pattern of stalking isn't it?" ( I was getting really sleepy and that comment shot me up like a meerkat!)

Lets leave the jury on that stalking note, shall we? YES. Court adjourned on that note YES

After jury dismissed JA becomes her animated self again close talking w/ JW. I find the non verbal behavior when she close talks with Maria very seductive looking and it makes me uncomfortable.

That's it folks! Was just there for the pm and same today. I have some other tasks to do this morning but will be there for the pm session! And all day manana!

:seeya:

Thanks, Katie! I feel like a stalker a little on this thread, refreshing for your notes! :blushing: I really appreciate your insights and I'm grateful your brother is better and HOME! Have a TERRIFIC day! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor