a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, awesome notes, thank you KCL!!

Also, JA was not a teenager when she kicked her mom Sandy. Samuels testified that it happened in April of 2008 when she went down to help Jodi move:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLoJ0plIgfY

JM is too smart not to have caught that, so I wonder if he's going to zing the jury with that in closing? ALV insisted that acts of violence in JA's teenage years were too far in the past to matter - but how about kicking her mom just two months before she killed Travis?

KCL, I really hope that one day you are able to step back and see the very same things that we all can see about you: You are such a rarity. You are so strong, trustworthy, talented and selfless. I could go on, but eventually it would need its own board.

Thank you so much for everything you've been doing for the Alexander family. Thank you so much for everything you've done for the WS family.

You are a total gem.

Thank you Sweetie. I don't know if I'll ever be able to describe the absolute blessing I feel to be able to sit with in solidarity with this family. i've told them it helps me heal and give some purpose and meaning to the most horrible event in my life.

I had a long talk with Samantha this week who asked me " so what is this Websleuths place?" and talked about all the gifts and financial support they've been receiving and how she's doing her best to keep up with thank yous but if she hasn't then to pass along a big thank you to all of Websleuths for being there for the family. And gave me a big , strong, long hug. As I say, my blessing and my gift to be able to know this family and offer anything I can. I will be there with them all the way through and beyond. We are part of each other now.

First, awesome notes, thank you KCL!!

Also, JA was not a teenager when she kicked her mom Sandy. Samuels testified that it happened in April of 2008 when she went down to help Jodi move:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLoJ0plIgfY

JM is too smart not to have caught that, so I wonder if he's going to zing the jury with that in closing? ALV insisted that acts of violence in JA's teenage years were too far in the past to matter - but how about kicking her mom just two months before she killed Travis?

THANK YOU!!!! I was yelling at my TV with that one! He will have to catch that one somewhere! It's HUGE!

I took meds for high blood pressure and suffered with a dreadful cough for months until seeing a different Dr who picked up straight away it was my meds and after changing them my cough immediately went.

Let's keep spreading this UKlady, perhaps we could make more people aware of this.

Here is my prediction, and Jodi is already starting to plot it: When this whole thing is done and she is convicted, she is going to throw Samuels and ALV under the bus. She is going to come up with a fourth story ( Maybe Insanity) and tell the world the truth. That these experts came to her, told her to change her story from the Ninjas to being the Victim, and gave her the material to try to perfect her story. She will totally ruin their career and won't care because she knows that they used her for their own benefit. And of course, Nurmi and JW are going down too because she will expose them also, and Samuels and ALV won't even see it coming.

But I tell you, I can see it in her face, she is already plotting her next move.

She'll write a book titled: If I Did It, I Don't Care! :facepalm:

Paul R arms crossed in front w/ did Jodi deceive her.

Nancy HW taking notes.

Is she really up there minimizing the lying??

?- Jodi exaggerated to help the case?

Nancy, HW note taking

Paul R. rubbing face

6 jurors have hands over mouths

?- friends/family embellished to help her?

Nancy, HW note taking

Push sexual limits, push PPL on them HW note taking

I want to smack her for these description re: him "playing women"

She tries to claim his empathy was a negative thing.

It's called friendship.

bbm

I'm not sure the sexual thing was there before Jodi, but even if it was-so what.

I was especially offended by her making empathy sound dirty....I have no words to describe how f'd up that struck me.

Many years experience with men abusive, majority males are abusive (I'm really not sure what that means but I wrote it)

? Your view of men in general - abusive violence --mentions all the men in her life (so THAT is why her father came to court) No note taking here

? Travis said some negative things =fear of her stalking? NO

? Angry in journals? NO

? Magazine subscriptions--hidden messages (*********)

? High IQ "outsmart psych tests? Maureen note taking , Paul R. CEO both rubbing faces

? Old friend said manipulative, played the victim--discounted because of her age

? No signs physical abuse other than finger

? Any reason to believe Jodi hasn't manipulated you as she has others?
MONEY SHOT NUMBER 2!!! didn't use JA as her evidence over 44 hours?

? Why look at JA multiple times make eyes, give her small warm smile? BUSTED! She denies it. BUSTED! JA is far away from front row friends, totally different angle. She just lied to this jury and told them they don't know what they are seeing w/ their own eyes. Falls flat.

bbm

There is plenty of "meat" above my bold, but I was so struck by her response to this. It was very obvious to me that she was looking over at the defense table during cross. I thought she was looking at JW, but at least one juror observed her looking at Jodi. WOW. Of course I go with the juror who is there (and your confirmation of the jury observation).

Thank you for your insights and the time you take to share them. It seems obvious to me from juror questions throughout the defense case that the jurors are not buying Jodi's BS.

Without detailing my life story (which influences my judgement), I have to say this after watching the trial since the beginning:

If I look at Jodi in the most sympathetic light possible given the facts presented in trial, and Travis in the least favorable light given the facts presented, I see a brutal murder without any self defense/battered woman or any evidence to support even 2nd degree.

My heart and prayers go out to his family each day. Thanks for keeping us in the loop and sharing your observations!

I think she needs to hang on to every dime she made in this trial because her income earning potential following this disaster has put her on a level of basically "you'll be lucky if anyone takes you as a volunteer now". Sad she chose to take her lifelong career out on this note. Just sad. Some serious karma there of some kind.

But it'd be nice if she donated to the Alexanders...maybe she'd find that somehow "illegal".

I've been out of town fOr nine days and falling asleep to trial video, but I swore I heard ALv say something about not having a retirement just before JM objected and was sustained. I need to re- watch it, but my impression was that if the jury received it as I did, then they concluded this was all about money for ALV. It didn't go unnoticed that she used the state paid evaluation of Jodi to attend her daughters wedding.

I just had a moment to check the thread and am devastated about Poquito Mas. So sad.

Thank you to all of our courtroom observers. Don't get burnt out. We should be your last priority. We support that. Thank you for your candor in expressing your needs. We honor all of you.

Just a BIG thank you to Katie, the awesome one, who works so hard to give us your input. You'll just never know, Katie, how many truly appreciate YOU.

PS-Thanks to all other note takers and observers. :cheer: :loveyou: :tyou: :jumping:

PPS-PASA, hope your family member is better.

KCL...I just read a post by you (well several...ok ALL of your posts) and if you're looking for a mom....Lemme be her. I've never had children but if I did, I'd surely want them to be as giving as you have been throughout any trials you been watching. You are everyone's rock!!!! You so need some time to yourself but yet you still reach out to all of us WS'ers. Now there's one lil drawback....I live in 'GA but I DO have a friend (from HS) who's a Maricopa judge there in AZ (who is just as obsessed as I am about this trial) who can give me all the lingo jingo I need to know about what's going on but I pretty much tell her what YOU say that's happening in there. Unfortunately she has to handle her own cases ( I hate when work gets in people's way) but I give her the updates as I just sit & watch daily WITH HEADPHONES so as not to miss one lil word! I, like everyone else loves your daily updates whether you go or not. I just like all you do for everyone...if not the Alexanders, then it's your brother, if not your brother, then it's your dad. Is there any time for you? You are warming all the WS'ers hearts. I know you've had the hardships w/your poor sister and I've had some recently w/my deceased hub but that's another story. You are an angel sent down for so many but you really need to take care of you first. We'll wait. So get some rest, drink plenty of fluids (what I'm not drinking for you already) then get w/us when you can.

KCL...I just read a post by you (well several...ok ALL of your posts) and if you're looking for a mom....Lemme be her. I've never had children but if I did, I'd surely want them to be as giving as you have been throughout any trials you been watching. You are everyone's rock!!!! You so need some time to yourself but yet you still reach out to all of us WS'ers. Now there's one lil drawback....I live in 'GA but I DO have a friend (from HS) who's a Maricopa judge there in AZ (who is just as obsessed as I am about this trial) who can give me all the lingo jingo I need to know about what's going on but I pretty much tell her what YOU say that's happening in there. Unfortunately she has to handle her own cases ( I hate when work gets in people's way) but I give her the updates as I just sit & watch daily WITH HEADPHONES so as not to miss one lil word! I, like everyone else loves your daily updates whether you go or not. I just like all you do for everyone...if not the Alexanders, then it's your brother, if not your brother, then it's your dad. Is there any time for you? You are warming all the WS'ers hearts. I know you've had the hardships w/your poor sister and I've had some recently w/my deceased hub but that's another story. You are an angel sent down for so many but you really need to take care of you first. We'll wait. So get some rest, drink plenty of fluids (what I'm not drinking for you already) then get w/us when you can.

Thank you Sweetie and all the Sweeties too. I'm just so glad the weekend is here. I'm gonna sleep and then sleep some more. And then take a nap. :D And make some spaghetti sauce. :great:

Can someone please post a youtube video here for me? Im not able to. Thanks in advance. Its called Confrontation between prosecutor Juan Martinez and Jodi Arias on memory.

I just posted the following in the weekend thread, but I thought I'd post it here, too, because I'm wondering if any of our court watchers saw this or if they know who should be contacted about it. I suspect the camera person may have contacted someone, since the camera stayed on JA for this part, but you never know. Whatever she did, she wasn't supposed to be doing it:

Around 32:45 into part 3 of the JA trial day 46 put on youtube croakerqueen123's channel today, JA is CLEARLY up to something clandestine having to do with JW's chair. No. Question. About. It. Here is a slo-mo, then normal speed video of it.

Jodi Diddles JW's Chair

• First she kicks JW's chair away/into position.

• Then she twirls the seat of JW's chair into a different position.

• Then she slowly pulls JW's chair alongside her own, using her foot.

• She waits a little bit, looks covertly out the side of her eyes to see if anyone is glancing at her.

• She picks up a notebook and grasps it near the middle with her left hand, then slides the thumb across the bottom of the page.

• She puts her hand down on the arm of her own chair and makes a couple of picking motions.

• She quickly moves her hand to JW's chair at the back of the armrest.

• She works the end of the armrest along the back and bottom of it. It looks like she's screwing or unscrewing something and/or picking/poking at something.

• She jerks her head up and looks at the bench conference, pretending to be interested in what they are doing, but continues to diddle the back and bottom of the armrest on JW's chair.

• She quickly pulls her hand back to in front of her, picks up a stubby pencil and starts to write or pretend to write as the conference breaks up and the lawyers head back toward their respective tables.

I never actually saw anything IN her hands other than the notebook and the pencil, but she did something she shouldn't have been doing (I think she hides something). Does D have access to those chairs after the court clears out or before court convenes?
I remember hearing that she was written up for hiding pens around her cell on a number of occasions. I wonder if that's what she was doing. Or, maybe she was retrieving a pen or pencil that she had hidden in the chair (maybe under the armrest) on a previous day.

Can someone please post a youtube video here for me? Im not able to. Thanks in advance. Its called Confrontation between prosecutor Juan Martinez and Jodi Arias on memory.

I posted it down a little

Jenni

Hi all...gonna start my yesterday's notes now but wanted to get something out of my head.

Ya know how people are saying "these are not necessarily reflective opinions/questions of ALL the jurors so still could be dissension". To that I say this.

If you were someone who held an opposite opinion and listened to those questions all day yesterday. And if you knew your question could be totally anonymous even to your fellow jurors. And you felt opposite of the "vibe" coming thru in those questions and wanted to assert your concern/opinion/voice/question, don't you think TODAY would have been the day you'd do so and offer a question which would reflect your opposing concerns?

Now this makes sense in my own head but hope it does on the outside too. ;)

I just don't think ANY of these jurors are in dissension of the opinions/questions we saw today.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

They will convict her and they will sentence her to death.
BBM

Exactly! And IIRC, the Lawyers and Judge go through all the questions before they're read to the witness. If there are duplicates they are removed. So, more than one Juror could have put similar questions in the basket- meaning that just because there was only one question, it doesn't mean that only one Juror asked it.

Love this post and want to add that with all the trust bestowed upon our Katie comes a great sense of responsibility. When you consider how the DT will stop at nothing to get a mistrial it is very scary and ANYTHING said or done is under scrutiny. I have so much respect for the family for their ability to have such calm and dignity in the courtroom.

KCL, when all is said and done and all CAN talk I would love it if you would pen a book about how you became a victims advocate and how your passion has affected so many people. And please include in it SP trial as well as this one. I would buy it and know your fans here would too. Victims need to be heard and you have always been their voice. You would look damn good on the book promoting trail too!! JMO

Thanks, that's exactly what I meant.. :)

KCL & anyone there who is supportive of the family & prosecution certainly have a scope on them now, and are wise to act in an abundance of caution. There's too much at stake to assume they can trust any new face or voice that happens to be friendly.

Watching Nurmi in open court act like the junior high study hall monitor makes it obvious that 'mistrial' is the assumed path to victory for this defense. That's enough to make anyone feel a bit unsteady in unfamiliar circles. When you aren't quite sure who to trust & what's safe to say, it's best you just don't.

This family, KCL & others are up against the very people who have no hesitation in making up allegations of pedophilia about a man who was brutally murdered. It's too outrageous to even imagine! So, I don't think there's anything they wouldn't do to win their prized mistrial.

Wisdom, discernment and caution is the result of having faced this kind of wickedness once before. So KCL, whatever choices you need to make going forward with respect to this trial and the family - we gotcher back, girl!

Will you be my Mom? I need one.

OMG, I just read that and immediately started to cry..prollly the most precious question I've ever been asked. (sigh...) And to answer it; In a heartbeat, my dear, in a heartbeat. As I said before, you are one extraordinary woman. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95