a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it gives the appearance of baiting, for the Defense to flamboyantly go the site where media and Alexander supporters are known to congregate---especially at the ninth hour of a trial during which their only real hope of postponing the inevitable (conviction) is mistrial. They want to provoke a situation that would enable them to cry "Foul!" and therefore should do everything in their power to at least maintain the appearance of propriety.

They have repeatedly argued that media and public influence is tainting their client's right to a fair trial. Choosing, then, to brazenly present at the site where media and public supporters meet gives the appearance of inviting taint. They were baiting.

I am curious as to whether or not they have been seen there before? Also, I wonder why Nurmi wasn't with them?

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2261149720001

The news source who did the original autograph signing story did a followup story. She says she waited until after the jurors had left before rolling cameras and calls out HLN for their misrepresentation of the original story and their shoddy reporting. Hope Juan can call this reporter in the upcoming hearing.

If ALV's testimony is impeached, the DT only has one witness' testimony for the defense, vs two. And by goodness, it's Dick Samuel's testimony. OMG! JA's defense, whatever is left, lies tattered. Way to go! That would be good for Juan, easier for him to prove premeditation because ALV's testimony goes bye bye.

Please feel free to snag & use wherever

HopOnBoard.jpg

I see that too! "Help Me, I'm a sociopath and I would have said so, but I'm a sociopath and it doesn't really matter to me what you think." Sniff, "I think I'm supposed to cry here," sniff sniff....lol LAV would not buy that story even if it were texted to her! :lurk:

I have thought that all along, that if things don't go her way in the trial, she will at least claim ineffective counsel. Now that Samuels and ALV have done so badly, she will throw them in the heap as well.

"She blamed it on glass, she blamed it on a cat, she's blamed it on so many different things. Now she blames it on apples" Nancy Grace

But you had to see her face and inflections. That was my bedtime story. lol

Now :eek:fftobed:

I know some on here do not like NG but last nights show was AWESOME! Unlike Thursday nights show where JC sat in and drooled over Donovan... That was disgusting. How can you drool over THAT person? How can you even give that thing your time?:moo:

I have thought that all along, that if things don't go her way in the trial, she will at least claim ineffective counsel. Now that Samuels and ALV have done so badly, she will throw them in the heap as well.

Luckily, I don't think she can prevail on 'ineffective counsel.' You usually have to be represented by someone who takes little to no actions on your behalf, does not present a defense case, does not effectively cross, does not file motions etc. JMO

She has two full time experienced attorneys who have put on a best effort case, imo. I don't think she can win on ineffective counsel, although they have been ineffective.

I need one too....

I am very sorry at the loss of your Mother. I lost my Mom almost 4 years ago,and I miss her more each day. I am finally able to speak about her without it turning to a crying jag for hours, My daughter was also very close to my Mom and she has helped me to be able to remember all the good times we shared.It does ease but each of us needs to take our own personal amount of time to grieve.My daughter has dreams of my Mom still giving her advice and protecting her,she listens to each one.One day she was in the tub shortly after my Mom passed crying please give "Mags" me a sign that your okay and she saw the clouds form "Mags"which is what my daughter called her.She jumped out of the tub,grabbed her camera and took a pic!It had moved a little and was thru a screen but it did indeed say "Mags". That confirmed for me that yes one day we will be together again.Remember to take care of yourself.:grouphug:

Katie, I think you have ALV pegged. After all the counting on her fingers for male victims of DV she testified for in a felony trial...

I found ALV's CV here:

http://www.alycelaviolette.com/Alyce-LaViolette-cv.pdf

Pages 17 and 18 are her court experience.

It was an interesting read and, after going through it twice, I haven't found a case where she testified on behalf of a male who claimed he was abused.

After going through it a 3rd time with my infamous colored markers to help, I located a grand total of 3 felony cases in which she testified before the court at trial.

1011-13: Jodi Arias
1997: First Degree Murder Case. Father who killed daughter's alleged batterer.
1984-5: 1st degree murder case (battered woman who allegedly killed her husband)

She also testified at deposition and was involved in at least one appeal for an incarcerated battered woman.

It's a bit hard to figure out because she lists herself as a consultant on any number of cases and as an expert in a few. I only included felony cases in which she listed herself as an expert witness.

Mind you, I've got on and off double vision, so I will re-read when there's enough sunlight and I have enough colored markers available!

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2261149720001

The news source who did the original autograph signing story did a followup story. She says she waited until after the jurors had left before rolling cameras and calls out HLN for their misrepresentation of the original story and their shoddy reporting. Hope Juan can call this reporter in the upcoming hearing.

Not shocking at all that the defense and HLN would try to "mischaracterize" or take out of "context" what was really happening. Both seem to be experts on that.

Good Morning KatieCooLady and ALL WS's,

You have such a beautiful way with words that matches your beauty inside and out. I have been here on WS's following along for months now but only joind after hearing you and Patti on 'BlogTalkRadio' (may be called something different?). You both mentioned that we should all join so I did. I only mention this to you so that you know that I respect you so much and want you to know this. I know you now have to be so careful with your friends now. Keeping only your cherished proven circle is understandable. Please know that this WI girl hopes that I can be one of the silent friends that circles your Heartand lifts you up in love and prayer from a distance.

God Bless You!

Respectfully Snipped :

:seeya: THANK YOU so much for posting this !

I usually keep my eye on JA and her "behavior" when they have the sidebars, etc., but I missed this one !

Jodi is a "manipulative sneak" ... and this video capturing her fiddling around with the chair clearly proves it.

While I was watching this video of Jodi's sneaky movements, it reminded me of when JA was "digging in the trashcan" when she was being interrogated !

Now, this is JMO, but it is clear why she is now wearing that STUN BELT around her WAIST, and not on her leg where it was previously. The stun belt around her waist was noticed this past week, and there were some great screenshots of this captured by posters here during the trial.

Also, her "journals" were seized in jail on 4-1-13, which is listed on the motions list ... and, I am "trying to connect the dots", the stun belt is NOW around her waist!

JA's "sneakiness" is like a "disease" ...

:please: Justice for Travis !

I believe Jodi has always worn the stun belt on her waist, it is designed for the waist only. Also, she may be wearing what they call a "transport leg brace." It is designed to LOCK the leg into a straight position upon standing, disallowing a prisoner to run. When a prisoner is in a sitting position, it conforms to the leg position. I am not sure she wears this in court though, possibly only during transport.

I've been reflecting on ALV's behavior and testimony and find some patterns (cough) striking in her style of presenting herself. They all seem to fall in to a category, to me, of arrogance and entitlement. May I present my case? Thanks for indulging me.

First, let's look at the interruptions in proceedings she's demanded. Week before last, she refused to return for the afternoon session claiming she was too ill. She determined this a good 2 hours before that afternoon session would start. She was unwilling, apparently, to see if she could recover from this over the lunch break and deemed herself unable to proceed derailing the Judge, jury, staff, attorneys, defendant, families, media etc. I watched her up to the moment she requested this early break (and refusing to return) and she at least appeared to be not in acute distress. The next morning I also watched her and she seemed not to be ill in the slightest. We later learn that days AFTER this episode, she purportedly went to the ER but it was for anxiety and heart palpitations. Last I knew , you can't derail a testimony for anxiety.

Then of course we all know about the next time she asked for an early break, just days later. A break 5 min early as apparently she had a matter so urgent she couldn't wait that 5 min. So she's controlled the environment once again for her "needs". Yet, that "need" wasn't quite so "needy" as she managed to pit stop en route for the bathroom to ambush the victim's family to again, meet one of her own "needs".

Laviolette cherry picks what she deems important to tell the truth about. When asked about her CV and claiming she was a "Keynote Speaker" about her Snow White talk, instead of admitting she'd made a mistake (or embellished) her CV to inflate her professional image, she instead tries to spin to the jury that apparently all speakers at seminars are various versions of "Keynote". "Keynote breakout" speaker. She manages to diminish a Keynote Speaker to justify this embellishment when all she really needed to say was "that was a mistake". I realized though, from her, that I apparently am a Keynote Poster! Yay me!

As we saw this week, when asked a direct question by the jury about when she's previous testified in a criminal court in support of a man, she gets vague and answers "one or two". Now, considering this is likely one of the most stressful events of her life, wouldn't it make sense she'd be reflecting back on the "one or two" times she's ever done this kind of thing in her life before? Wouldn't that be just basic human nature? She can't remember the number of times and thinks she will go unchecked on it. In reality of course she can remember the number, which is ZERO. Again the arrogance thinking this will go unchecked and her ease in attempting to justify it is , interesting. Again a question from the JURY themselves.

I was recently interviewed about her behavior I witnessed in court in her approach to Samantha and although I might not have thought it was perfect how I handled it (when Dr. Drew asked me what I did, I admitted I went straight to his producer which was the TRUTH because I was so stunned, I walked out in the hall and Bill was the first person I saw so I vented it to him). This may not have made me look good but it was the truth. One of the Alexander siblings recently thanked me for that and remarked that it was obvious I was telling the truth for that reason, that I was just telling it honestly as it went down. Which is what a normal person does when you are being questioned to be accurate about something..and I wasn't even sworn in! Again, ALV's arrogance slip is showing all over the place.

Then finally, she apparently talks to the media either herself or through an intercessor (otherwise why would they know of her ER visit?). WHich is again a big no no. SHe's an active witness! If Juan Martinez having his photo taken on the front steps is prejudicial, how about an article in the local paper and beyond about the witness being "stalked" (wrong) and having to go to the ER? Boo hoo boo hoo. The Spin Dr's in full force. Unfortunately one of them being a local news reporter.

So she's being "harassed" and "stalked" yet on Thursday, end of court, decides with the defense team to waltz in to dine at the ONE place in the entire city of Phoenix, she's most likely to be seen and photographed. The very hotel where most the out of town media stay. Again, the arrogance and hypocrisy!

My conclusion is Alyce LaViolette has been a big fish in a small pond for a long time. She's been used to her word not being questioned and getting away with 'catchy titles" and soundbites but not substantive TRUTH to what she espouses. I think, personally, this makes her dangerous professionally and I'm not just talking as an expert witness (which imo is over for her).

I think it also speaks to certain personality traits in her that make her think it's appropriate to give a prosecutor in a high profile case on camera , a "time out". Her inappropriate grins, her baiting, then playing the victim.

Finally, I think all of this destroys her reputation as an expert in the field she's devoted her entire life to. That's some serious karma going down there.

I often give deference to people in the web of a sociopath knowing that sociopaths ability to manipulate is the one thing I do define as "evil" in this world.

Yet in this case, I think Alyce LaViolette walked in to this on her own accord driven by her own weakness and she's going out in to her golden years on this note which is a sad tragedy all on it's own. Hope she learns something, but I doubt it.

Nevertheless I leave this on one note:

DO NOT EVER APPROACH A VICTIM IN A CRIME AGAIN MS LAVIOLETTE WHEN YOU ARE CHAMPIONING THE PERP!

You've been checked hard on that one. And I hope it sticks.

Thanks for indulging this long caffeine induced post.

THANKS just was NOT good enough for this insight!.....and BBM one tidbit because the entire post should be etched in STONE and delivered to the "aging-out" (you drum & bugle corps alums catch the phrase!), CASHING-IN at any ethical cost EXPERT out there (should I Spitz out a LEE-ish or BA-DEN name?).

A VICTIM remains a VICTIM, a decimated FAMILY remains decimated along with society and JUSTICE via TRUTH remains the quest & GOAL no matter WHO FOOTS THE BILL!

This is probably off-topic, but I am new here, so I apologize in advance - but did anyone besides me get sick when Wilmott (in attempt to throw it out before Juan could ask it) asked ALV "just so we know in advance, you don't have any problem with your memory, do you?".... with a big grin from her, ALV, Nurmi and Jodi. ...........sickening! Let them all smirk all they want, because Juan will get the last dig and the last laugh.

I remember hearing that she was written up for hiding pens around her cell on a number of occasions. I wonder if that's what she was doing. Or, maybe she was retrieving a pen or pencil that she had hidden in the chair (maybe under the armrest) on a previous day.

And not to mention, she "hid" it on Wilmott's chair instead of her's. Thus planting it on her attorney. :banghead:

<respectfully snipped>
oh and btw, on alyce exagerating her resume - she told martinez she got her masters in the 80's - but if you look at cal state long beach Alumni Association Board of Directors - she lists that she recieved her masters in 1974 http://www.csulb.edu/alumni/association/bod.html
From her CV on her website:

"EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND

Page 19 of 20

1992 Marriage, Family, Child Counselor, State License

1981 California Community College, lifetime teaching credential
1980 MASTER OF SCIENCE, Community-Clinical Psychology, California State University Long Beach, CA
1969 BACHELOR OF ARTS, Psychology, California State University Long Beach, CA
1967 ASSOCIATE OF ARTS, Physical Education, Glendale Community College, AZ"

I found it odd that her degrees were listed on nearly the 19th page, after: Summary of Qualifications, Professional Background, International, Keynote Addresses, Featured Speaker, Conferences (attended? presenter? if presenter, isn't this just reiterating keynote/features speaker?), Community & In-service Training, Legislative Hearings, Media Presentations, Radio, Court Experience, Publications, Media Experience, and Teaching Experience.

BBM Wouldn't one want the degrees earned listed much higher? :confused:
:cow:

Luckily, I don't think she can prevail on 'ineffective counsel.' You usually have to be represented by someone who takes little to no actions on your behalf, does not present a defense case, does not effectively cross, does not file motions etc. JMO

She has two full time experienced attorneys who have put on a best effort case, imo. I don't think she can win on ineffective counsel, although they have been ineffective.

Totally agree with you. As much as I dislike KN and JW'S "style" as defense attorneys, I do have to acknowledge that they have done the best job that they can do with a defendant like Hodi Jodi. Considering that they have NO EVIDENCE, could not find decent EXPERTS to testify for her, it is obvious that they have HAD to resort to being Petty and Childish, in order to present some kind of case. No Way will Hodi Jodi be able to use Ineffective Council on an Appeal!!!! :twocents::twocents::twocents:

Exactly, poster above #379, Ho-di, that's my favorite name for "her weirdness". Jodi creeps me out. She looks sallow, & hmmm.. slightly cray cray this past week. Hopefully, two more weeks? Or longer, I hope not. Hopefully the case will go to the jury in two weeks, fingers crossed.

Another thing I want to add about Alyce is her passive aggressive behavior. Now I am not a physiologist, but I've read enough books, took enough college psych classes and had enough therapy that passive aggressive people can do a lot of physiological damage to the people around them. And I think after Alyce's 3rd question I could figure out how she operates...ya maybe she does not yell or hit, but her passive aggressive ways can be just as damaging. It's physiological torture.

I also think that was Jodi's mode of operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966