a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they will. Beth said today that will come at the end at the day of sentencing. I will check that to make sure that's the timing as I thought the Victim Advocate said they would be making those statements to the JURY, not the JUDGE. I will get this confirmed tomorrow, I promise. But yes, they will make statements. I know they've been working on them.

Wendi Andriano made her statement to the jury, so it makes sense the VIS's would also be addressed to the jury.

Sorry if this has typing issue. I am a first time user and I just want to say thank you for all of the posters and users at this site. I have been reading this site for about a month and I love the sense of community here and the kindness the users show to each other.

KCL or anyone else in the courtroom - did anyone in the courtroom see the pencil sticking out of JA's shoe when she was in the jury box? That can't be allowed and I think goes to show her leanings to where she could have hidden knife or gun (per above). What do you think?

BBM mmmmmmmmmm , and maybe why she stated she had cuts on her ankle?????? but, didn't she say she only had socks on or lost her shoes--Lie. Maybe the gun and knife were in her waistband???

Welcome to WS.

BBM

I think you have it wrong, myself.

Most love JM. :rocker: He has handled the trial just as he should- with fierce determination and love of the truth and distain for bu!! sh.

Of course it's just your opinion and that's fine and this is just my opinion :twocents:

I can understand both views. I was wondering where JM was going with his questions, which seemed kind of scattered at the beginning. But then you can see that what he's doing, imho, is casting his legal "net" over the witness. His questions come at them from every angle, and, by the time he's finished, they're well and truly caught up in their own lies. :rocker::moo:

Sorry if this has typing issue. I am a first time user and I just want to say thank you for all of the posters and users at this site. I have been reading this site for about a month and I love the sense of community here and the kindness the users show to each other.

KCL or anyone else in the courtroom - did anyone in the courtroom see the pencil sticking out of JA's shoe when she was in the jury box? That can't be allowed and I think goes to show her leanings to where she could have hidden knife or gun (per above). What do you think?

:wagon:

Not too long after she was moved from the jury box over to the chair in front of the judge, I saw her (I was watching live feed) remove the pencil from her shoe and use it. It was very obvious what she was doing, she wasn't even attempting to hide that she was pulling it out of her shoe. Very odd.

(BBM)

RE: BBM ^ I have a huge problem with that... actually I have a huge problem with her even being allowed to use a pencil - period. IMO, she should not be allowed to use ANYTHING that could potentially be used as a stabbing instrument. Give her a crayon!

WELCOME JMS!!

You are totally right. Psych patients AND their counselors have to use crayons in lockdown hospitals. Why do prisoners in a courtroom get a sharpened pencil?

ITA. I posted earlier that I think, at best, the killer is a really good mimic. She reads and hears things her attorneys and experts say and repeats it. I think the same can be said of her blogs, journals, etc. She read books and listened to speakers and mimicked them.

It would explain why, on the stand and elsewhere, she repeatedly misused words she didn't really understand the meaning of.

She's the epitome of the single, white female. Right now she's mimicking Wilmott. And I don't think Wilmott realizes just how dangerous this game is that she's playing with her defendant. She needs to set some boundaries and start acting like a professional.

JMHOO. :D

I agree, but it is a little late for that. :coffeews:

Yes, they will. Beth said today that will come at the end at the day of sentencing. I will check that to make sure that's the timing as I thought the Victim Advocate said they would be making those statements to the JURY, not the JUDGE. I will get this confirmed tomorrow, I promise. But yes, they will make statements. I know they've been working on them.

We will all be crying our eyes and hearts out on that day.:tears:

Hi FrvrShl,

I'm sure that address will work just fine but I think the BEST address would be:

Samantha Alexander
PO Box 130023
Carlsbad, CA 92013

Because KCL has told us that she (Samantha) is handling all the gifts etc.:seeya:

I don't want to be a Debby Downer, but I really worry about people posting addresses other than PO Boxes... there are a lot of cray crays around... like for instance JA!

Hi Guys, I'm home.

Well as you know, there wasn't a whole lot going on this afternoon. A whole lotta sitting in the hallway and waiting for a whole lotta nuthin special.

But I made the most of my time in the hallway with a pretty substantial little chat with Beth Karas about how things are gonna go down from here on out, the penalty phase, timing etc.

So, I'll share that.

The Mitigation phase will last longer probably than the Aggravation Phase because witnesses will be called and the entire point of this phase is to try and save Jodi Arias' life (which I do not believe will be successful). I'm sure family will testify and others (ALV was purportedly slated for this which I seriously doubt will happen now). Jodi herself may make a statement , not for cross examination but just a statement which I suspect she will during this phase.

THen it goes back to the jury again to decide whether or not the aggravating circumstances outweigh the mitigating circumstances and will come back with a recommendation of LIFE or DEATH (which I believe the latter is secure imo).

Beth predicts a verdict on or by May 3.

Then we go in to the Aggravation phase which, she thinks will be immediate and no breaks to prepare.

I hope this helps! I found it extraordinarily instructive and many thanks to our wonderful Beth Karas who is so open and willing to share her vast knowledge!

:seeya:

snipped for space..BBM

Katiecoolady,

Will there be a time limit for statements?

Please tell me that they won't allow Jodi to ramble on for 2 weeks.

KCL - Did you talk to anyone who was in the courtroom for the morning proceedings? It had to be really creepy yet almost electric the way the family was sitting right behind JA for a few minutes.

I kept thinking the deputy who was practically standing between them must have been thinking, "Please please PLEASE! Act like you're going to turn around so I can see how this stun belt works on you." (I don't know if it even gets triggered remotely or what, but it was fun to think about it that way anyway.)

That situation made me so tense, I can't imagine how Samantha, Tanisha and Stephen felt.

KCL, was TA's family present during the closed hearing with ALV? Did you notice any reaction?

She killed him because he was truly alive.
QUOTED from Morganhillmom.

WOW... those words really are true. I have never heard it spoken clearer.

The defense presents mitigation evidence to the jury and then the victim impact statements are made to jury. For the truly interested I have provided a link to an AZ document all about capital punishment there. I have excerpted the relevant part of the process below.

https://www.azag.gov/sites/default/f...nal-CapPun.pdf

With the enactment of Arizona’s new death penalty statute, the sentencing process now has two phases. In the first phase, the prosecutor presents evidence relating to aggravating circumstances. If the jury determines that the State has not established at least one statutory aggravating circumstance, the defendant is no longer subject to the death penalty. The jury is dismissed and the trial judge decides the appropriate sentence. If the jury finds that there is at least one aggravating circumstance, the jury remains empaneled and considers any mitigating evidence presented by the defense or by the State, as well as victim impact evidence. The jurors then decide whether to impose a death sentence, assessing whether the proffered mitigation is sufficiently substantial to warrant leniency.

Wendi Andriano made her statement to the jury, so it makes sense the VIS's would also be addressed to the jury.

Katiecoolady - A follow-up question for Beth, unless you already know this:

In the Aggravation and Mitigation phases, is a simple majority only (7 out of 12 jurors) needed for a decision versus a unanimous decision during the Guilt phase?

I bet TA's family from the higher 2nd row could look down and read the notes, drawings, etc. that JW and JA. were taking. Could this be why JW and JA moved?

Not too long after she was moved from the jury box over to the chair in front of the judge, I saw her (I was watching live feed) remove the pencil from her shoe and use it. It was very obvious what she was doing, she wasn't even attempting to hide that she was pulling it out of her shoe. Very odd.

I was watching live feed yesterday as well and didn't see what you saw...had some interuptions most likely at that time yesterday, BUT, I did see her put her pencil in her mouth and it looked like she was sharpening it with her teeth...and I saw her take her hand and put something in a pile...and it looked like she put it under a folder or something....

does anyone know if JA and TA actually spoke on phone or thru texts concerning her coming over on June 4th? I know she claims he knew she was coming and was waiting up for her. I know there was computer activity at 4am and some 30 minutes after. I guess I just want to verify if he actually had contact with her as she testified or if he just happened to be up and she came strolling in.

You are totally right. Psych patients AND their counselors have to use crayons in lockdown hospitals. Why do prisoners in a courtroom get a sharpened pencil?

Very good point. If I were Wimott I would NOT be comfortable sitting so close to Jodi with a sharp anything in her hands...especially when they come back with a guilty verdict. She might figure she's got nothing to lose and attack Wimott with it.

If nature didn't intend for the hair to be there, it wouldn't be there. What is with women these days insisting on shaving it all off to look like little girls? There IS something unnatural about it. I, like many men, prefer the natural (groomed) look, not pre-pubescent baldness. That's a trend that has to go away.

I must be soooo old...This is the first time I ever heard of this...ah...mmmm,
procedure?...I just found out from reading the MD's report that TA also did this...My question is...do most men do this also? And women?

All I can think of is ouch!!
Sigh:confused:

Just received this text message from someone special "I'm wearing the tie". Keep your eyes tuned for elephants and hearts , esp you bsk. :))))))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole