a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not the DT that's putting me under any stress...it's just the intensity of the trial now and my semi awkward position now. I just need to be more careful as we have all agreed. i don't even want to meet any new people anymore and stick with those I know very well to hang out with.

Also I have such limited time to do anything, engage with any conversation, have a second for my own life...I just need some breathing room in general. This is completely consuming..in fact now i need to go back to work from my late lunch break.

business as usual, yes. ALL jurors are on the same page for conviction imo. They are just trying to wittle down the jury numbers wise and it won't work. IMO

Seriously, we ALL have times where we feel a little unsteady, dizzy; when we widen our boundaries just far enough. Then our gut says it's time to tighten the reins a bit, just till it feels safe & secure again. I'm not the only one who totally gets where you're at. Please, do not feel obligated to the requests for more; they come because YOU are trusted, you are valued and you've been faithful. But, oh man, we get it. So please, cool down, Katiecoolady, :) there'll be plenty of time to widen that net again, when the other side isn't wrought with unknown & lurking danger. We're good! Justice isn't long off, I know it!

Can anyone explain why Juror 11 was excused due to illness. First of all, court was almost over for the day and they don't even usually have court on Fridays. By Monday, most likely, the juror would be able to continue on. I just don't get that they postpone court due to JA and ALV being ill, but can't adjourn 1/2 early today for a juror. Not only has he invested months in this case, they also had to pay him a token amount to be there. It absoutely makes no sense to me that he was shown no consideration.
Observers have said he's been coughing like crazy...maybe he can't get over whatever it is.

Yes, I don't think Jodi even thought she was being abused until Alyce planted
the idea in her mind.

Oh I totally believe this is exactly where & how the '3rd story' was born. I have no doubt ALV is the author of this story, and part of why she's clung so tightly to it ~ even in the face of obvious evidence to the contrary. SHE owns this, and is sewn up head to toe with Jodi in it.

It was my understanding at the end of the day that there were more jury questions and that is why ALV had to return on Mon or Tues???

Everyone have a great weekend!!
I am going to take a break from the trial and be ready for Monday.
Thank you KCL and Pasa and all you other court watchers!!
Blessings Blessings~~

:seeya: :cheers: :eek:fftobed:

Wow, I'm not surprised though, not at all. My DVR cut off the end of the day (arrrgh) so I need to see her admonishment of her for next week via youtube.

the judge made alot of faces today and took no bs .judge sherry looked mad today..but she did take a break when wilmont couldnt put a sentance together (put her in time out)

There was an article in USA Today regarding discussions in Chambers to do with Alyce - so obviously ALYCE has discussed what happened with one of her friends...and should not have done so...and I think this is why the Judge is pissed and why Alyce will be back Tuesday - just my thoughts

Can anyone explain why Juror 11 was excused due to illness. First of all, court was almost over for the day and they don't even usually have court on Fridays. By Monday, most likely, the juror would be able to continue on. I just don't get that they postpone court due to JA and ALV being ill, but can't adjourn 1/2 early today for a juror. Not only has he invested months in this case, they also had to pay him a token amount to be there. It absoutely makes no sense to me that he was shown no consideration.

That was exactly my question too but I deleted it. We will find out on Monday.

Where I stand on that is If he wanted off the case due to his bad health I wish him the very best and thank him for hanging on as long as he did.

If he was booted off permanently for being too sick when it was just minutes before they shut down, I will be pretty ticked off.

If he was allowed to leave and allowed to come back (if he wants) I will be super happy. He sounds like a good person to have on the decision making end and I feel a tug at my heart strings knowing he has been coming to court with such a bad cough. Yet, court totally shuts down when Jodi's head hurts or ALV pretends to be sick. Not very fair.

Seriously, we ALL have times where we feel a little unsteady, dizzy; when we widen our boundaries just far enough. Then our gut says it's time to tighten the reins a bit, just till it feels safe & secure again. I'm not the only one who totally gets where you're at. Please, do not feel obligated to the requests for more; they come because YOU are trusted, you are valued and you've been faithful. But, oh man, we get it. So please, cool down, Katiecoolady, :) there'll be plenty of time to widen that net again, when the other side isn't wrought with unknown & lurking danger. We're good! Justice isn't long off, I know it!
Love this post and want to add that with all the trust bestowed upon our Katie comes a great sense of responsibility. When you consider how the DT will stop at nothing to get a mistrial it is very scary and ANYTHING said or done is under scrutiny. I have so much respect for the family for their ability to have such calm and dignity in the courtroom.

KCL, when all is said and done and all CAN talk I would love it if you would pen a book about how you became a victims advocate and how your passion has affected so many people. And please include in it SP trial as well as this one. I would buy it and know your fans here would too. Victims need to be heard and you have always been their voice. You would look damn good on the book promoting trail too!! JMO

Pasa best wishes to your family member who is ill. I am so sorry to hear this. :heartbeat:

Just waking up guys but let me just tell you yesterday was one of those days start to finish I'll never forget.

I'm still in bed and not even gonna go get my notes because they are lengthy and i'm not gonna even try to get in to that before I head to work (after watching an hour of trial w/ everyone on the feed).

My highlights yesterday, during one of the many many breaks waiting, JM walked up to the family area and was just chatty, relaxed, friendly. I asked him if he ever ate those M&M's and he smiled and said "Oh no I'm saving those, I love them". It was such a sweet little moment.

After one of the long in chambers moments I saw Samantha and Hillary walk out with smiles on their face and JA and her side look very serious. I can't and won't say anything what I've learned from the family but I will say it had to do with an admonishment of someone I was personally glad to see get admonished.

There are MANY MORE juror questions coming this morning. In fact i don't expect to get to Juan even questioning them on them til Monday. Probably Willmott but doubtfully Juan. Which is ok by me cuz I"ll be in court Monday!

I got to meet and have a nice visit with WildAboutTrial who remains a bit of an enigma so I will never out this person nor ID them but it was a very cool conversation.

I think the biggest buzz around questions asked yesterday were the ones re: ALV looking over at JA and her answer, which was basically "you can't believe what you are seeing". I'll tell you, it is a VERY big difference looking at the front row vs looking at JA. It is a very obvious difference and those jurors know those perspectives just like the rest of us sitting in there for months now. She tried to BS them and they were NOT happy with that. Their faith in her expertise was also shown in those questions and to me, they were less interested in her answers then just being able to confront her.

Nurmi's shirt tail was hanging out the back of his jacket like a little pink bunny tail.

I had a crazy gut busting laugh with Nicole the VA about her telling me JM had informed her that somewhere in Dallas is a "Juan Martinez burger" on the menu.

We called it the --shoot will have to review my notes to get the exact wording--just glad cameras were not on and we were on break because we were busting a GUT laughing over it. Yes this is a very serious matter but honestly the pressure in there is so intense you can cut it with a knife that humor does peek in on the breaks.

There was a man in the courtroom who looked like Orville Reddenbacher.

NO ONE was in any concerned about even one juror question and you can include my dinner party companions in that. There were lots of hugs, smiles, tears and relief. Yesterday was another of many turning points.

Went to a catered Mexican dinner at a gorgeous home one of my courtwatching friends has in Mesa and it was a time I will never, ever forget as long as I live. I didn't get home til 2:30am and I feel it, believe me.

Came home to a package on my doorstep from one of her WSers and when I get a minute I will take pics and post...it will blow your mind! Something I believe I'm to pass to Juan Martinez (when/as appropriate) but will clarify today and do so on Monday.

8 min to make coffee and get set up to watch the trial for an hour.

Cheers all...today is a very good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could this possibly be someone that recently got called out by the Principal and sent to Time Out?

"Ms. Laviolette don't tell me about your personal issues." - JS
One of my top 5 moments in this trial.
Trial watchers what was the response in the gallery near ALVs fan club?

I've been wondering if this comment was not exasperation over the way ALV (colored) her long long long time on the stand. Colored>biased.

Pattern regarding ALV: first she's sick and court is canceled; then she goes to ER and we hear about it in the media (making a record if it? - usually that's a private thing); then there's a mistrial motion that references the stress she's endured; then there's a significant media story about it, in the middle of her testimony; then she's photographed in a known media hangout almost as if she was placed there for that purpose; then she tells the judge, today, that she can't be back to court on Monday because she's having more "tests." She felt the need to say that while the cameras were on her. Probably more "stress" tests.

There's the record, all ready for the motion...

DT is lower than low. I thought I've seen everything, evidently not.
This is just sickening. Can they be charged with contempt?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Could this possibly be someone that recently got called out by the Principal and sent to Time Out?

Sorry KCL I missed your response to the same Question I had.:facepalm: I'll just cross my fingers and toes. AND Thank You For All You Do!

KatieCoolLady,

Even tho I am really new here I would like to send you hugs and a really big Thankyou!! for all that you do.

Is it possible ALV went to the ER to get a doctor's note to get out of testifying?

We were on vacation last week and returned on Sunday. Used the puter on Sunday night and when I turned it on Monday morning for the live feed, it had crashed. I was stuck watching on HLN that day and was still on HLN when I had to leave to drive 45 miles to purchase a new one and that was at 7 pm. No way was I going to watch it on tv another day. I felt the same way you did. I also got the insurance, 24/7 tech support, and a Kaspersky internet security program! Got the trial bug too!

O/T : I have a p/t laptop repair business...it has been booming for the last 3 weeks . Lots of "overheating"... fan failures. 85% of these crashed laptops seem to be WS'ers or otherwise following this trial! I encourage everyone using a laptop to get some "canned air" and clean out the vents on the bottom/sides of your laptops. Whatever you do, don't block these vents...overheating causes the Graphics Processing Chip (GPU) chip to blow out = Black Screen.

Canned air is your laptop's friend. Sorry for the O/T

I can't and won't say anything what I've learned from the family but I will say it had to do with an admonishment of someone I was personally glad to see get admonished.
Gotcha!

She tried to BS them and they were NOT happy with that. Their faith in her expertise was also shown in those questions and to me, they were less interested in her answers then just being able to confront her.
I got that same feeling, myself. It's like they are frustrated at not being able to speak about the trial for all these months, and they're venting by 'sticking it to' ALV- who has dragged things out by giving a speech instead on just answering questions with a yes or no. But I'm glad they did ask a lot of questions because it opens up more doors for Juan to bring in evidence.

Nurmi's shirt tail was hanging out the back of his jacket like a little pink bunny tail.
He looks so sloppy in court- the way he lounges in the chair and his poorly chosen, ill-fitting clothes. Seriously, he really should hire someone to advise him on wardrobe choices- like not wearing long, thin ties when you're such a large man. With his jacket open, the ties look long enough to tow a small boat! He would visually shorten his chest area, and contain the flapping tie, by wearing a nice vest. (I do happen to LOVE 3-piece suits ... AND French cuffs!)

Thanks for understanding. Things are getting very intense now and I have to be very careful about what/how/where I post things so trying to keep things simple.

i wish the media would take your stance on these issues. HLN has turned into the 'jodi show' and they will speculate and report anything without any thought to what could happen.

good job

No it's not the DT that's putting me under any stress...it's just the intensity of the trial now and my semi awkward position now. I just need to be more careful as we have all agreed. i don't even want to meet any new people anymore and stick with those I know very well to hang out with.

Also I have such limited time to do anything, engage with any conversation, have a second for my own life...I just need some breathing room in general. This is completely consuming..in fact now i need to go back to work from my late lunch break.

business as usual, yes. ALL jurors are on the same page for conviction imo. They are just trying to wittle down the jury numbers wise and it won't work. IMO

BBM - 2 down / 5 to go - That must be the defense theme going into next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee