a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be a surrebuttal? Heard yes and no> anybody!! TIA

KCL - I saw the pic of your new 'do on twitter and you look AMAZINGLY INCREDIBLE. wow I'm 24 I don't look near as good as you. God bless you. Thanks.

My3Sons- God bless you. Saw you on Dr. Drew you really are adorable. I loved your notes. I cried today as well, especially after the jury questions for flores. This jury is going to do the right thing.

Pasa - God bless you as well. I have you in my thoughts often. I'm so sorry that you're going through this :(

Me and my family are moving to Poland and are leaving on the 6th so there's a very good chance I may be in transit when the verdict comes down. That's ok though. Justice is coming and my heart is happy tonight. I think after the OJ and Anthony and other verdicts, this jury will be held as American heroes for restoring our faith in justice. I think this is becoming very real to jodi's family. I cant imagine.

This is my hope too. They will say NO, you will not disrespect the memory of the victim, nor the victim's family, nor the court. NOT ON OUR WATCH.

KCL when you talk to Pasa...I'm sure she already senses it and you've told her before , but please let her know she is in our thoughts and prayers.

my3sons, thank you so much for your jury notes, the jury seems to have such a handle on the truth and facts of this trial, it rejuvinates my heart knowing they are thinking along the same lines as we are!

Will there be a surrebuttal? Heard yes and no> anybody!! TIA

I don't think it has been announced, so we don't know for sure.

I will say this, though. Juan has had his rebuttal case lined up and witnesses ready. We've been through six or seven witnesses just in the last two days. I can't imagine that a) he has a witness that cannot show up to court until next week and b) he would have a witness remaining that could force the day to go on well after 5pm, as Stephens indicated today.

So...my guess is there WILL be surrebuttal. Seems JSS may not be too happy about it, judging by her we'll start at 9 and go until it's over statement, and her indication that there will be closings Thursday no matter what. I think the lone surrebuttal witness, ALV's buddy and psychologist 2.0, will be on the stand all day Wed. And I think the DT will pay for it, because the jury is done. Over it. It's like they all have little thought bubbles above their heads that say "Enough already!"

I will concur with KCL on this one--they will convict her of Murder 1. I'm not as certain about the DP. I will hold that prediction until we know which members are deliberating jurors and which are alternates.

I will say this, though. Juan has had his rebuttal case lined up and witnesses ready. We've been through six or seven witnesses just in the last two days. I can't imagine that a) he has a witness that cannot show up to court until next week and b) he would have a witness remaining that could force the day to go on well after 5pm, as Stephens indicated today.

So...my guess is there WILL be surrebuttal. Seems JSS may not be too happy about it, judging by her we'll start at 9 and go until it's over statement, and her indication that there will be closings Thursday no matter what. I think the lone surrebuttal witness, ALV's buddy and psychologist 2.0, will be on the stand all day Wed. And I think the DT will pay for it, because the jury is done. Over it. It's like they all have little thought bubbles above their heads that say "Enough already!"

I will concur with KCL on this one--they will convict her of Murder 1. I'm not as certain about the DP. I will hold that prediction until we know which members are deliberating jurors and which are alternates.

My3sons, do you know how that process works? For example, will all jurors deliberate and then the jurors are chosen, ETC? I hope I worded this in a way that you unstand by question. TIA

My3sons, do you know how that process works? For example, will all jurors deliberate and then the jurors are chosen, ETC? I hope I worded this in a way that you unstand by question. TIA

TXProfessional, I'm not My3sons, but this question has been asked many times! IIRC, the 12 deliberating jurors will be chosen by random "lot" before deliberations. I don't have any idea if they pull numbers from a hat, or how they do it.

I suspect that they keep the alternates available until a verdict is reached and any subsequent penalty phase is over. But I'm not sure about the penalty phase part-- would a mistrial occur if a primary juror couldn't continue thru penalty phase? I'll ask on legal thread!

TXProfessional, I'm not My3sons, but this question has been asked many times! IIRC, the 12 deliberating jurors will be chosen by random "lot" before deliberations. I don't have any idea if they pull numbers from a hat, or how they do it.

I suspect that they keep the alternates available until a verdict is reached and any subsequent penalty phase is over. But I'm not sure about the penalty phase part-- would a mistrial occur if a primary juror couldn't continue thru penalty phase? I'll ask on legal thread!

There will be a surrebuttal on Wednesday.

Hi, sorry for taking your time, but I was wondering what you are basing this on...I mean do you think some of the jurors "hate" her more than others? I am disappointed that you think they might not give her DP, that's why I'm asking.

It goes down like this (as the way I predict w/ a death sentence):

Jury comes back with GUILTY verdict on first degree

Juan argues it meets the standard for "cruelty" as defined by the law which qualifies it for the DP.

THey go back and deliberate on this (which is the aggravation stage).

They come back and agree so now the DP is on the table.

DT argues mitigating factors (why to save her life) which IMO won't work. Her mitigating factors do NOT outweigh her brutality.

Victim impact statements are read.

More deliberations where they come back recommending DEATH.

It goes to the Judge who can't alter this recommendation and will formally sentence her 30-60 days later.

Hi KCL, I've been reading your notes from the courtroom for a long time, thank you so much! I was wondering if you know are the other steps (DP, aggravating, mitigating) going to be televised if it comes back murder 1?

Hi KCL, I've been reading your notes from the courtroom for a long time, thank you so much! I was wondering if you know are the other steps (DP, aggravating, mitigating) going to be televised if it comes back murder 1?

Yes, those phases will all be televised just like we are now. The final sentencing hearing by the Judge, which will be 30-60 days after the jury comes back with their sentence will not be covered by HLN but I'm sure local stations will televise it. :)

Yes, those phases will all be televised just like we are now. The final sentencing hearing by the Judge, which will be 30-60 days after the jury comes back with their sentence will not be covered by HLN but I'm sure local stations will televise it. :)
There is alot of buzz on Twitter by another court observer that says that Jodi is flirting and maintaining eye contact with four of the male jurors. I find it odd that you have not made mention of this even though she is stating that "several other court observers have seen this" and "it has been going on for five or six weeks".

Can you shed any light on this matter?

There is alot of buzz on Twitter by another court observer that says that Jodi is flirting and maintaining eye contact with four of the male jurors. I find it odd that you have not made mention of this even though she is stating that "several other court observers have seen this" and "it has been going on for five or six weeks".

Check the main thread. I just went off on this erroneous BS "observation". In several posts.

Suffice to say IT IS NOT HAPPENING. EVER. NEVER. Not once. It's utter and complete nonsense.

Katiecoolady, did the DT get the judge to throw in manslaughter?

Lol...I got sucked into that rumor also. I'm glad KCL straightened it our for us.

I cannot tell you how much I rely on our court observers. KCL and My3Sons - thank you so much for your input. It helps to keep me grounded and confident. When one of my sisters tells me the latest rumor, it makes me so happy to tell her it's not true because I have peeps that are actually there! It also warms my heart KCL that you can represent to the family and everytime you are there for them, in some way, I feel like all of us are too. :). God Bless.

Thank you so much, my3sons, for confirming that Nurmi's cross of Deana went over like a disgusting lead balloon. We only had Jean C. with her "they are so focused on what Nurmi says" dialogue. He. was. disgusting. Thanks for sharing your notes with us!

Arrrgh! I've tried to post this 3 times and keep losing it. Maybe I should have stayed locked in my bathroom where I gave myself a pedicure, manicure, new hair style, a few facials, a body scrub and read every label of every beauty product I own at least twice. It was relaxing AND educational.

Ok...spent the day at court. I had an interview with Beth Karas today for a "video package" she's putting together having to do with fund raising...stay tuned. I suspect they are getting things together to fill time when there is downtime with deliberations going on. I'm not sure when it will air but will let you know. Thank God I had a new hairstyle for this thanks to my spa day. I will tell you it's weird to be filmed walking out a door and toward a camera for no reason and not being able to look at the camera...the camera man said I walk like a "super model". I told him he needs new glasses.

Court today was good for the State. I've said all along, they can convict on "the smoking closet" and today the juror questions tell me they are right in step with my thinking. GOOD.

No gun in that closet, no self defense, premeditation means first degree.

I remain solid in FIRST DEGREE MURDER/DEATH PENALTY outcome here.

As always Det. Flores, solid and classy.

Long breaks and many conversations. Learned Judge S will NOT allow them to deliberate over the weekend which totally sucks imo. They get the case on Friday but have to sit quiet over the weekend? Ugh.

I'm still working on VERY generous donors for accomodations for the family for closings/verdict watch. Amazing people coming forward to help. The family is blown away.

HH on the rooftop...met some new friends from ABC GMA ..wow what an interesting lifestyle these guys live (not one I could keep up with I"ll tell ya that).

Unfortunately only planned on going tomorrow pm so will miss all of court tomorrow.

New info coming in tomorrow though...stay tuned.

Now I'm gonna find something to eat. I'm STARVING!

:seeya:

PS Nurmi's cross was slow, boring and a whole lot of ZERO. Blech.

I don't think it will take more than a day. I hope they take that weekend and go home, and breathe a HUGE sigh of relief THAT part is over.

Looking forward to seeing you on the tee vee.

Just a thought........as a part of her victim impact statement, Tanisha should hold up a copy of that picture JA drew of her <with all the Ebay info re:SELLING it> and let the jury know she is STILL <on a VERY personal level> being victimized. The NERVE of that monster continues to stun me.

I don't think it will take more than a day. I hope they take that weekend and go home, and breathe a HUGE sigh of relief THAT part is over.

Looking forward to seeing you on the tee vee.

I don't think it will be more than a day either. If they start deliberating early enough on Friday, we may have a verdict before the end of the day.

Jean C reported last night that there was no security at the courthouse on weekends and that was the reason there would be no deliberations on Saturday or Sunday. Someone asked her if they couldn't have security come in on those days and she said she thought funding was a problem so probably not.

the "innocent" site has been stating that Tanisha has been banned from going into the judges chambers, along with her siblings, because she has posted negative information about alyce, on her (tanishas) fb page. could you address this and if its not true, at least some of them will know the real story. they believe it even though they cant seem to find proof of it. (thats the real story of that web site)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro