a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this ? has been asked multiple times but I haven't seen it.
Where is the book that Travis was writing and was it finished or nearly finished?
Would any of the siblings finish it (if needed) and/or publish it?
TIA

I wish they would and have all his friends and family tell us about the real Travis.He was a good man who was nothing like the man the defendant said he was.

I wish they would and have all his friends and family tell us about the real Travis.He was a good man who was nothing like the man the defendant said he was.

Travis's friends and his sister Tanisha have given interviews and did say how good he was. We have heard testimony from his girlfriends, Lisa Andrews and Deanna Reid and friend/date Mimi Hall. They all said he did not abuse them. TA had six siblings and it is not known how close he was to any of them. I think his father had three wives and, if what I have read is true, Travis was the only offspring of his mother and father. So we do not know what his relationship with his siblings were or even if they grew up together. So, they might not be able to give you insight regarding Travis.

Maybe his family will give impact statements later on in this trial.

Just wanted to thank you ladies who sit in the courtroom and take notes and pay close attention to what goes on inside the courtroom. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and helpful as it gives us who cannot be there, a true feeling as to how the jurors are reacting to much of the information/evidence presented in this case. They are obviously the ones who will be the deciding factors in the outcome of this trial and I pray they get it right.

I cannot believe we are finally nearing the end of this trial. Just wanted to give my :twocents: and say I feel very confident JA will be getting the DP. I have felt this from the very beginning of the trial and moreso as the trial has progressed. It is very apparent to me and so many others that TA's murder by JA was premeditated. She brought the gun and the knife, drove many hours, carried gas cans so she wouldn't have to gas up in Arizona, dyed her hair so she wouldn't be recognized, rented a car so it wouldn't be recognized, lied to Det. Flores in the interview, lied to her mother, lied to everyone and it's so, so obvious. No one stabs someone that many times in self defense and then shoots them in the head when they are already dead unless it's all done for the pure sake of rage and evilness.

Along with all of the telling evidence, does anyone have the gut feeling JA will get the DP because of the the outcome of the CAnthony verdict, there was so much backlash against the jurors in that trial that this jury will see to it they get this case right and justice will be served for the this victim TA? :moo:

Travis's friends and his sister Tanisha have given interviews and did say how good he was. We have heard testimony from his girlfriends, Lisa Andrews and Deanna Reid and friend/date Mimi Hall. They all said he did not abuse them. TA had six siblings and it is not known how close he was to any of them. I think his father had three wives and, if what I have read is true, Travis was the only offspring of his mother and father. So we do not know what his relationship with his siblings were or even if they grew up together. So, they might not be able to give you insight regarding Travis.

Maybe his family will give impact statements later on in this trial.

Here in CA the family has the right to take the stand during the sentencing phase. I will never forget doing that. Facing the jury, I pretty much invited and gave them a tour of Dad's dream house. How mom and Dad were together since middle schools and how he felt the entire county was family. He took keeping everybody safe very seriously.

Travis' family should be able to talk about Travis also. I will be surprised if they do not!

Do ya'll remember when the judge started reading a question and then stopped short---it started with " Is Jodi Arias the only one that ..."

Then she caught herself and stopped. It must have been a question that was thrown out. I wonder what the rest of the question was. Does anyone remember which witness it was?

I caught that too...was wondering myself. I went back and listened and the question was about Travis registering a gun...perhaps one of jurors noting "was Jodi the only one with gun registration"...hmmmm.

Since so many here talk as if you know personal" knowledge of the DA, Defense, Travis, Jodi, etc Where did you get this personal insight as I would doubt anyone of you know any of them well enough to talk about their character, and that is just my opinion.....

I think I'm quite familiar with Jodi's character. Her handiwork speaks for itself.

Travis by all accounts, and there were many, seemed to be a pretty good guy.

The defense team... Doing their Job which Jodi made darn near impossible. They were handed a flaming bag of poop at the start. I've said nothing about their character. I do wonder about the type of person that choses to defend sex offenders... But logically I know someone has to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since so many here talk as if you know personal" knowledge of the DA, Defense, Travis, Jodi, etc Where did you get this personal insight as I would doubt anyone of you know any of them well enough to talk about their character, and that is just my opinion.....

Oh,Juan.. I like him. Any man that choses to remain a prosecutor and does it as well as he does is okay IMO! I like his style sarcasm and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here in CA the family has the right to take the stand during the sentencing phase. I will never forget doing that. Facing the jury, I pretty much invited and gave them a tour of Dad's dream house. How mom and Dad were together since middle schools and how he felt the entire county was family. He took keeping everybody safe very seriously.

Travis' family should be able to talk about Travis also. I will be surprised if they do not!

((((Zandra))))

Yes this family will make impact statements right after the mitigation is presented .

I ask this yesteday I guess I missed the reply so here it is again
As of Wednesday do we have to worry about a jury getting kicked off
and is Wednesday the final last day but for the jury.

If juror # 8 was arrested on Saturday April 20, 2013, perhaps a courtroom observer will recognize him from the mugshots posted on Maricopa county arrest website. Not that he needs to be "outed", just sleuthing around. I looked but I never was in court. Just amazes me the number of people arrested in one day. And of course, none of the mugshots I observed looked very "glamorous". Just sayin ! Smile.

I ask this yesteday I guess I missed the reply so here it is again
As of Wednesday do we have to worry about a jury getting kicked off
and is Wednesday the final last day but for the jury.

Wed is the last day of witnesses for this phase then closing arguments come then deliberations. A full jury needs to be present for all.

Thank you I just don't want anything happen before it comes to a end of the trail

Hey, KCL!
Awesome job keeping all us peeps informed!
I was wondering if you hear any negativity about the Arizona court system down there. It's been frustrating for me, being on other sites, trying to explain to non-Arizonan's how our system works. Born and raised down in Scottsdale for my first 29 years, and moved up here, North of Chino Valley in 1989. When I go into "town" (Chino or Prescott), all the locals are on the same page, 1st degree, DP, very few with LWOP, but occasionally I run into someone who moved into Az from out of state, and it's 2nd degree or manslaughter. :banghead:

With what interaction I have had, both in courts in Maricopa and Yavapai counties, and having extended family in LE, I've always believed we've had a good Justice System, and the victims of crimes have had a real voice in the court over the last 20 years +. I had a #1 Stalking, #2 Threats and Intimidation, and #3 Injunction against Harassment (3 different cases over several years) years back here in Yavapai county, and and LE, the victim's advocates, and Prosecution were fantastic.

So do you have any observations about this? I've found myself defending our Justice System because I've personally seen it work. I also have great admiration for Mr. Martinez, and have always loved his style.

Hey, KCL!
Awesome job keeping all us peeps informed!
I was wondering if you hear any negativity about the Arizona court system down there. It's been frustrating for me, being on other sites, trying to explain to non-Arizonan's how our system works. Born and raised down in Scottsdale for my first 29 years, and moved up here, North of Chino Valley in 1989. When I go into "town" (Chino or Prescott), all the locals are on the same page, 1st degree, DP, very few with LWOP, but occasionally I run into someone who moved into Az from out of state, and it's 2nd degree or manslaughter. :banghead:

With what interaction I have had, both in courts in Maricopa and Yavapai counties, and having extended family in LE, I've always believed we've had a good Justice System, and the victims of crimes have had a real voice in the court over the last 20 years +. I had a #1 Stalking, #2 Threats and Intimidation, and #3 Injunction against Harassment (3 different cases over several years) years back here in Yavapai county, and and LE, the victim's advocates, and Prosecution were fantastic.

So do you have any observations about this? I've found myself defending our Justice System because I've personally seen it work. I also have great admiration for Mr. Martinez, and have always loved his style.

I haven't run in to many complaints on the system other than the universal Joe Arpaio complaints that pop up everywhere from time to time. ;)

I don't really tangle with people about stuff like this. We have a justice system that put both my sister's killers on Death Row but also one that spent 10 million taxpayer dollars claiming both of them were "mentally retarded" and let one off death row back in to the general pop.

We also have a system that allows jurors to ask questions which many are envious about.

For the most part my family has been very well treated by the "system" -- other than the Legal Defender's office who try to get Death Row inmates off at all costs, including torturing surviving family members at tax payer expense. It wasn't bad until that heinousness started. One of them apologized to me in open court...right before I was to give my impact statement. I think if it was sincere he'd have chosen better timing. I still kicked his A$$ to his face looking him straight in the eyes. One of two reasons Ricki Lake called me a "bad *advertiser censored*".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthyMcSnoop