a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you guys think of all the times Nurmi turned his BACK to the jury? We kept yelling at the screen saying "who is he talking to?" (well Katie Wick did lol). This was one of the many things I discussed with Juan Martinez in my deep, long, rambling 5 min conversation I had w/ him yesterday. lol

Ok... Now it makes sense! I was just listening cause I could not stand to look at him or the defendant anymore. He kept fading in and out. I thought it was audio problems.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

HarvestMoon I think you are mistaken....no juror still on the duty has ever been shown on the feed....the man with the white beard is the court reporter.

I think Harvest might be talking about the man who was seated on the left side of the gallery -- he went up and talked with the judge and then sat down at the desk to the judge's left after they went to recess. I saw it when the feed popped back on for a few minutes. I thought maybe he was juror #8, too.

Interesting how much money has been deposited into Jodi Arias's commissary account - not sure it was necessary to show on camera precisely how one goes about doing that - but oh well - at least they also showed how the real victim Travis Alexander and his family are being supported as well.

... that was interesting.

I was incensed that Nurmi objected during Juan's quoting of this poem!

I truly felt like Nurmi, for no other reason than for being the person he is, was trying lessen the impact of this final, poignant expression from Juan's heart for Travis and his family!

:furious:

JMO

Yep, that was a little bit of theater on Nurmi's part.

OMG that's hilarious! It's hideous for me to see myself on camera and the (at least) 15 pounds I've packed on since this case started. I need a "Post Jodi Arias Fat Farm" and I need Jodi to pay for it because it is 100% her fault.

I need to join you, Katie. I've also gained 15 lbs and my exercise regime is non-existent!

Some of us were talking yesterday and wondering if that image would translate to a coffee cup. I think that would be a great memento (and if people had the image they could just go use it themselves at cafe press ...I think?). I would love one myself. Do you think the "fine print" on there would translate that way? Thanks again....you opened a door for me with that I'd not have gotten I don't think. Since the M&M's were removed by the family I mean lol. I still have a big box, I just ran over to the courthouse with what I could cram in my purse. But there are ones that say "The State Rests" and I'll have to get out of bed here shortly and take some pics. Yesterday was such a whirlwind.

I slept like a baby last night. Ahhhhh I finally wake up refreshed for the first time in weeks I think. :seeya:

Just a thought, but I know that Walgreens and a few other places that print photos offer the coffee mug because we got my sons grandfather one with his pic on it one year..maybe it could be done that way? idk

I think Harvest might be talking about the man who was seated on the left side of the gallery -- he went up and talked with the judge and then sat down at the desk to the judge's left after they went to recess. I saw it when the feed popped back on for a few minutes. I thought maybe he was juror #8, too.

I had the same thoughts and I do believe that is who Harvest was speaking of...

I thought he may have been another attorney watching the case.

I think that Nurmi stressing the 'it doesn't make sense' theme and "just consider the evidence' worked against him. If you are asking me to consider the evidence, it is over-whelmingly telling me she committed M1. He was floundering and I tried to listen with an unjaded heart to what he had to say. I didn't by the way...but I think he had very limited things to go with. It was interesting to me that they started this trial with strong, self-defense and ended it up with with 'she snapped'...huh? Anyway, its all good as far as giving the jury a pretty clear cut path to follow for M1. JMO
KatieCoolLady, So glad you are resting and also can hang with people with whom you can vent. The Alexander family won't be able to breathe deeply until after the verdict. They are being prayed for. Juan is definitely Juantastic. I guess if the coffee mug is a go we'll see it on here. You can count me in as wanting one too.

OMG that's hilarious! It's hideous for me to see myself on camera and the (at least) 15 pounds I've packed on since this case started. I need a "Post Jodi Arias Fat Farm" and I need Jodi to pay for it because it is 100% her fault.

The weight will come off...not to worry. I too have not been as active as usual...after a full day at the clinic, I want to tune in in the evenings. I even spend my commute with my droid propped up listening to the day's footage...I really do need to be walking Miss Lulu (boxer dog) every night instead!...she is even sick and tired of looking at JA's ghostly, eery face and listening to the DT...I have to say I am impressed by your stamina, Miss KCL. Wherever do you find the time to see your patients, attend the trial, take notes, read/report/post here, interview for HLN...care for the family, fund-raise...not to mention wine and dine with BK and chat up folks like JM, etc.??? Amazing!!!!

Just a thought, but I know that Walgreens and a few other places that print photos offer the coffee mug because we got my sons grandfather one with his pic on it one year..maybe it could be done that way? idk

Vistaprint does them as well.

Heads up guys! I just got confirmation that our darling poster Jayarroh (who made the Juanism poster) is going to be on Tricia's show with me tomorrow night along with Chris Hughes. I was just so moved with his sharing about how Travis had affected his life as a man and that Chris Hughes will be on talking similarly that having a "man show" related to Travis (and his goodness) would be really appropriate right now, don't you think? I'm psyched to hear from them!

I saw your video with Beth and you looked terrific... even leaving the courthouse without your purse. I was so proud of you!

I spent 4 1/2 hours in my garden today, pulling weeds and pruning trees and trimming bushes. That's a big no-no for me as my fibromyalgia is bound to kick in tomorrow. But it was worth it to calm my mind. I thought of Travis and his family and the justice they are about to receive.

And, with every dead branch, every nasty weed I pulled and put in a black lawn bag, I thought of the Evil One and how she also needs to be plucked out of society and stuffed into a very black space...

Certainly would love to have me a coffee mug. A bunch of words of wisdom from I man I have ultimate respect for would help wake me up and get me going on the worst of mornings! Somewhere, in the back of my head, I hear "fundraiser" with the artist's permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela